CHEF JOHN'S DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
This has a pinch of chile pepper as the secret ingredient. It's firm yet unbelievably light and airy. The little bit of chile pepper is in there just to bring out the flavor of the chocolate and add a tiny bit of delicious heat. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer over low heat. Place chocolate, butter, 2 tablespoons water, ground chipotle pepper, and salt in a heatproof bowl; set bowl over the simmering water. When the butter melts, whisk the chocolate mixture gently until smooth and shiny. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks, 2 tablespoons water, and sugar in another heatproof bowl over the same pan of simmering water until egg yolk mixture is foamy and hot to the touch, about 3 minutes. Pour hot egg mixture into warm chocolate mixture, whisk until smooth, and set over a bowl of ice to chill. Whisk constantly until mixture has cooled to room temperature or slightly cooler.
- Pour 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon cold cream into a chilled metal bowl; whisk until cream holds soft peaks. Place about half the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture; gently fold the cream into the chocolate. Repeat with remaining half of whipped cream, folding gently until nearly all the streaks have disappeared. Divide mousse into 4 6-ounce ramekins.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (up to overnight) before serving.
HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
"Heaven on a spoon" is how one friend describes this chocolaty dessert. My husband, Allen rates it best of all the special treats I've made. The filling can also be used for a pie.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a microwave, microwave the chocolate, 1/4 cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. , In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture. , Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, 5-10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan containing about 1-inch of barely simmering water (or use a double boiler). Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool slightly. Then grab a whisk and beat the egg yolks into the chocolate, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream until it begins to thicken up. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla and continue beating until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Now that you've got the elements prepared, put it all together. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Then, fold in the whipped cream. Take care not over work the mousse or it will be heavy. Divide the mousse between 4 individual glasses, preferably Moroccan glasses. Cover and chill for several hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings before serving.
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
I make this recipe for the holidays. It is the only pie that is gone at the end of the night. I use high-quality chocolate chips; they are easier to melt. You can use milk or semi sweet chips. You can use any ready made or cooked pie crust.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by DEME
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9 inch springform pan with 2 3/4 inch sides.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed cookies and softened butter or margarine. Press mixture evenly into greased pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Combine 1 cup cream, chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt, in the top of a double boiler. Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Alternatively, if you have a food processor, you can blend mixture by placing chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt, in processor bowl. Bring 1 cup cream to a boil on stovetop, then slowly pour cream into processor with blade running. Continue to process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups chilled cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Chill pie at least 6 hours before serving. Prior to serving, beat remaining 1 cup cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until stiff, then pipe onto top of pie with a star tip, or place a spoonful on top of each slice.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE
A quick and easy Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by James Cratin
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Finely grind cookies in processor. Add butter and process until mixture is evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan to form thin crust. Bake crust 5 minutes. Transfer crust to rack and cool completely.
- For Mousse:
- Combine chocolate, vanilla and salt in processor. Bring 1 cup cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. With processor running, gradually pour hot cream through feed tube and process until chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Beat 2 cups cream and sugar in large bowl to stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour mousse into prepared crust. Chill until set, about 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream in medium bowl to firm peaks. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe rosettes of cream around edge of cake. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. We like to make ours using bittersweet chocolate, which is high in pure chocolate (at least 35 percent cocoa solids) and makes for a deep chocolate flavor. (Plus, it's also a great eating chocolate.) If you prefer semisweet chocolate, which has more sugar and fewer cocoa solids than bittersweet, know that it can often be substituted in recipes without significantly affecting the flavor or texture.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 3/4 cup heavy cream. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until mixture coats back of spoon, 3 to 4 minutes (do not boil). Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Strain into a bowl; chill until cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled custard mixture, then gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill, covered, at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Whip up a gorgeously light and fluffy mousse for dessert. Our heavenly collection includes classic chocolate mousse and strawberry mousse cake.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 1
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPES
Use dark, milk or white chocolate to make a silky smooth, light mousse. Our recipes include dinner party desserts and easy versions.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 1
People also searched
More recipes about "5 star chocolate mousse recipe"
FRENCH CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (MOUSSE AU CHOCOLAT) | BAKING LIKE ...
2021-01-18 · Nothing beats this 5-star French dark chocolate mousse recipe! This smooth and light creamy mousse au chocolat combined with tangy raspberries is a chocolate dessert you will dream about. Only a few ingredients are required to make this quick and romantic dessert. What is better than a luscious dark chocolate mousse? This time, I share the best recipe for French chocolate mousse (or mousse …
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are firmly mounted and put aside.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt with butter in a double boiler at a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate is almost melted (with small lumps left), mix with a rubber spatula, pour into another bowl and continue to stir while cooling. Add egg yolks at room temperature one by one to the melted chocolate while mixing.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE | RECIPETIN EATS
2018-09-21 · Just FIVE ingredients, all good stuff we like: chocolate, cream, sugar, eggs and butter.
- Separate eggs and yolks while eggs are cold. Place whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Leave whites while you prepare other ingredients. (Note 4)
- Melt chocolate & butter: Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until smooth. (Stir in optional flavourings at this point, but read Note 6 first). Set aside to cool - proceed with other steps.
BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE YOU'LL EVER TRY! VIDEO TUTORIAL
2018-02-11 · To make the chocolate mousse: simmer the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves pour this simple syrup into whisked egg yolks return to the saucepan and stir …
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - CRAIG CLAIBORNE | FOOD ...
2018-08-09 · Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, and cook over low, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat, and set …
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, and cook over low, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place egg yolks and 3 tablespoons water in a heavy saucepan; cook over very low, whisking vigorously and constantly, until yolks begin to foam and thicken, about 6 minutes. Whisk in liqueur, and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes. (The sauce should achieve the consistency of a hollandaise or sabayon.) Remove from heat. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes, beating in 2 tablespoons sugar toward the end. Fold into chocolate mixture.
CLASSICAL FRENCH CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
2020-08-02 · Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl, over a pot of simmering water, stir with a rubber spatula as the chocolate melts, if the pan starts to get too hot, …
- Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl, over a pot of simmering water, stir with a rubber spatula as the chocolate melts, if the pan starts to get too hot, remove it from the heat.
- Add the egg yolks to the bowl of your mixer and begin to whip them until doubled in size, then begin to slowly pour the sugar in a steady stream into the yolks. Continue to whip for another minute.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
2019-04-15 · Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl. Microwave it in 20-second intervals, stirring …
- Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl. Microwave it in 20-second intervals, stirring between each bout of heat, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir, allowing the residual heat in the bowl to melt the chocolate completely. (Alternatively, place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan containing about 1 inch of barely simmering water. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.) Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form (the peaks should be just starting to hold, and will melt back into themselves after a second). Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form (the peaks will stand straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture). Using a large rubber spatula, fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture until uniform. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until it begins to thicken up. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla and continue beating until the cream holds medium peaks (when you lift the beaters or whisk out of the bowl, the peaks will slightly droop down, but they won't lose their shape entirely). Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Be sure it is fully incorporated but don't mix any more than necessary. Divide the mousse between 6 individual glasses, cover, and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Up to a few hours before serving, whip the cream until it begins to thicken up. Add the sugar and whip to medium peaks. Dollop the whipped cream over the mousse and top with chocolate shavings.
EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FOR TWO | BY DESSERT FOR TWO
2018-11-25 · How to make easy chocolate mousse: Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave at 50% power. Separate the egg and have the egg yolk ready to go. Use …
- Next, pour the heavy cream in a medium bowl, and place it in the fridge with the electric beaters. (We're pre-chilling to speed up whipping time).
- Next, melt the chocolate: In a medium glass bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter. Turn the microwave power down to 50%, and microwave for 20 seconds. Stop and stir. Repeat until about 2/3 of the chocolate chips are melted. For the remaining chips to melt, slowly and gently stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. The residual heat of the bowl will melt the rest. The mixture should be smooth. (If the mixture is pasty or grainy, you have burned the chocolate, and you must start over). Stir in the egg yolk.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
2015-04-23 · Chocolate mousse recipes. A light, airy, delicate dessert, chocolate mousse is the perfect antidote to a heavy meal. Yet, it can also be enjoyed as one element of a larger dessert. Browse our delicious collection of chocolate mousse recipes, including Adam Stokes' classic chocolate mousse and Josh Eggleton's chocolate and peanut mousse …
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
2015-06-25 · Place onto a tray and refrigerate. 4. To make the chocolate mousse, bring the milk to the boil in a pan set to a medium heat. Add the 10ml of Grand Marnier and return to the boil. 10ml of Grand Marnier. 35ml of whole milk. 5…
HOW TO MAKE MICHELIN STAR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE AT …
In this video, I going to show you how you can do a Michelin star chocolate mousse recipe with amaretto at home. This is a very easy but super tasty recipe a...
See details ››
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2020-09-27 · This classic chocolate mousse recipe uses raw egg whites and raw egg yolks. For most people this is not an issue, but people with compromised immune systems, pregnant women, very young or old people, should avoid raw eggs due to the risk of salmonella. You can buy pasteurized eggs at the store if you feel uncomfortable using raw eggs in this recipe. You might also try this recipe …
See details ››
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (VEGAN, PALEO, NUT-FREE) | NUTRITION REFINED
2018-07-09 · According to French chefs, the perfect rendition of chocolate mousse is based in its simplicity. That’s why the most basic chocolate mousse recipe has only five ingredients – chocolate, …
- Chill the tools. Chill a medium-size mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or the freezer for 15 minutes before proceeding with the recipe. This helps the coconut cream stay cold longer and set up faster.
- Whip the coconut cream. Add the cold coconut cream into the chilled bowl. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream on medium-high speed until it starts to increase in volume and soft peaks form, about 45 seconds. Don't over-whip the cream or it will go from smooth and creamy to broken (separated) and grainy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Add the cocoa powder and coconut sugar into the coconut cream, and whip on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about a minute. Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, adding more cocoa powder for a chocolaty flavor and coconut sugar for sweetness.
- Chill. Transfer the chocolate mousse into a piping bag fitted with a star decorating tip 1M. Place the piping bag into the refrigerator and let the mousse chill for 15-30 minutes before piping.
EASY CHOCOLATE CHINESE FIVE SPICE CAKE RECIPE - SWEET CS ...
2019-12-04 · 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate Five Spice Cake Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, The Spice Hunter Chinese Five Spice Powder and baking soda in a bowl. 3. In a small bowl, mix the coffee (or chai tea/apple cider vinegar) and diced chocolate…
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2008-04-16 · Advertisement. Step 2. Add cocoa and chocolate syrup to gelatin mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spoon evenly into 6 individual dessert dishes. …
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat; cool.
- Add cocoa and chocolate syrup to gelatin mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spoon evenly into 6 individual dessert dishes. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE GO GO GO GOURMET
2015-12-02 · Instructions Bring 2" of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Set a bowl on top and add the chocolate, egg yolks, coffee, sugar, butter and salt. Stir together until melted and mixture has …
- Bring 2" of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Set a bowl on top and add the chocolate, egg yolks, coffee, sugar, butter and salt. Stir together until melted and mixture has thickened and increased in volume. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Fold ½ of the egg whites gently into the chocolate, then half of the cream. Repeat with the remaining egg whites and cream.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
2021-02-22 · Pour 1 1/2 cups of the cream into the chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently combine the chilled mixture with the whipped cream, careful not to deflate the cream. Spoon mousse into glasses and garnish with chocolate …
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer at high speed until thick and pale, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar until combined.
- Warm (not boil) 1 cup of cream in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Slowly stir in half of the cream into the egg yolk mixture. Transfer the cream-egg yolk mixture into the saucepan and stir.
BEST CHOCOLATE PIE RECIPES | FN DISH - BEHIND-THE-SCENES ...
2012-03-27 · 5. Moo-Less Chocolate Pie — Alton's milk-free dessert boasts traditional taste and texture, thanks to semisweet chocolate chips, a squeeze of honey and one secret ingredient: silken tofu.
BAILEYS CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (10-MINUTES RECIPE) - FLIPBOARD
1 day ago · Baileys Chocolate Mousse (10-Minutes Recipe) This quick Baileys chocolate mousse recipe is so chocolaty and delicious and guess what – it will take you just 10 MINUTES to make it! Servings 4 16 oz ….
See details ››
FIVE STAR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE - CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE ...
Five Star Chocolate Mousse Recipe - Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe + Chocolate Whipped Cream! - Chocolate mousse may well be the ultimate chocolate fix!. Rich and creamy, yet light and fluffy, one pot is. This chocolate mousse is thick, rich, creamy, and a perfect dessert for entertaining! 4.5 stars based on 76 votes. Chocolate mousse may well be the ultimate chocolate fix! I like to add a ...
See details ››
28 5 STAR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
2018-05-30 · INFO 5 STAR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE 724 5 star chocolate mousse recipe 502 Chocolate Mousse Magic Bullet Blog , All Recipes MasterChef ...
See details ››