adobo is a very popular marinade for pork and other meats in the spanish-speaking caribbean and central america. the ingredients vary widely, but most have a base of oil, garlic and some type of acidic ingredient.
Time: 5 minutes
- place all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and process until fairly smooth
- use as a marinade for pork , chicken or beef
- meats flavored with adobo are often left to marinate for up to 5 days
- the longer the time , the better the flavor
- substitute 1-2 dried ancho or other chilies for the paprika to get a mexican-style marinade
- soak the chilies in hot water for about 20 minutes to soften first
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- garlic cloves
- jalapeno peppers
- red wine vinegar
FILIPINO CHICKEN ADOBO
This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Bring the chicken to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened and the chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 4 to 5 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Steamed rice, for serving
15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american low-protein condiments-etc vegetables caribbean central-american heirloom-historical holiday-event marinades-and-rubs food-processor-blender dietary spicy low-carb inexpensive low-in-something peppers taste-mood equipment small-appliance
You'll also love
More recipes about Adobo recipes
Spanish Adobo Recipes for Beef, Pork, and Chicken
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comMix paprika, oregano, and garlic together in a glass bowl or container. Stir in oil, vinegar, and water, if using. Place meat in a container and rub adobo onto all sides of the meat using your hands. Cover tightly and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 24 hours, turning meat … ...
Famous Chicken Adobo Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. Stir in the onion and … ...
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook until they soften and brown, about 6 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar and soy sauce, and season with garlic powder, black pepper, and bay leaf. Add the browned chicken, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
Pork Adobo Recipe - Panlasang Pinoy
Recipe From : panlasangpinoy.com2019-02-05 · Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour. Heat the pot and put-in the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes. … ...
- Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour
Adobo Recipes Archives - Panlasang Pinoy
Recipe From : panlasangpinoy.comSprite Pork Adobo Recipe. One of my favorite adobo recipes is Sprite Pork Adobo. It is a sweet Filipino Adobong Baboy version wherein lemon or lime soda pop such as Sprite is ... Read On →. Chicken and Liver Adobo. Chicken and Liver Adobo is a tasty version of Adobong Manok. It makes use of both chicken and chicken liver, along with oyster sauce. ... Show details
Chicken Adobo Recipe - Panlasang Pinoy
Recipe From : panlasangpinoy.com2018-11-07 · This recipe for chicken adobo tastes just right and the cooking time is around 30 minutes. The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice. The combo is simply known as Chicken Adobo and Rice. Pouring some of the adobo … ...
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. Note: the longer the time, the better
Adobo (Authentic Filipino Adobo Recipe!) - Rasa Malaysia
Recipe From : rasamalaysia.com2020-06-25 · The most common versions use chicken or pork or even both, with soy sauce to flavour. Additionally, bay leaf, black pepper, and garlic are used as the pillars … ...
- Put all the ingredients except for the water in a Dutch oven or any heavy duty pot and leave for about 30 minutes to marinate.
- Place the pot over medium heat, add 1/2 cup water, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and simmer without stirring until most of the vinegar’s acid has been cooked off – you will know when this is done because it won’t smell as sharp and “sting-y”.
- Keep simmering over low heat until the chicken is very tender - about 40 minutes to an hour. Taste the sauce. If it’s too salty or too sharp for your taste, add some of the remaining water. I usually end up using 3/4 cup total.
- When chicken is tender, remove the pieces from the pot and set aside. At this point the garlic will be very tender as well – you can mash some (not all!) of the cloves against the sides of the pot to incorporate it into the sauce.
Homemade Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-06-08 · Step 1 Whisk garlic powder, salt, black pepper, oregano, and turmeric together in a bowl. Store in an airtight container. ...
Authentic Filipino Pork Adobo Recipe | Foxy Folksy
Recipe From : foxyfolksy.com2019-01-19 · Place pork belly in a pot. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorn, bay leaves, brown sugar, and onions. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover the pot with … ...
- Place pork belly in a pot. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorn, bay leaves, brown sugar, and onions. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Cover the pot with the lid and lower heat to low. Let it cook for about an hour or until the meat is really tender and liquid is reduced to half. Separate meat from the sauce.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-low and add the minced garlic. Cook garlic until golden. Remove some of the garlic from oil leaving about 1/2 in the pan and transfer the rest to a small bowl.
- Add back the meat to the skillet and cook for a minute or two. Add the sauce again and let it simmer for some minutes until the sauce is reduced some more and becomes thicker.
30 Recipes With Canned Chipotles in Adobo | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-01-19 · 30 Ways to Cook with Canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce. Found in the Hispanic section of your local grocery, chipotles in adobo are a small can that packs a … ...
Chicken Adobo Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comAdobo is a simple and hearty Filipino dish. In this version, chicken is marinated in vinegar and soy sauce, then slowly cooked with garlic and spices. Serve over steamed white rice. ... Show details
Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add chicken; refrigerate, covered, 20-30 minutes. ...
- Drain, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken.
Chicken Adobo (The Best Authentic Recipe!) - Rasa Malaysia
Recipe From : rasamalaysia.com2020-02-12 · Place the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a large, nonreactive sauté pan, and then nestle the chicken thighs, skin side down, into … ...
- Place the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves in a large, nonreactive sauté pan, and then nestle the chicken thighs, skin side down, into the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, and then cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and then cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, and then increase the heat to high and return the sauce to a boil. While occasionally turning and basting the chicken, continue boiling the sauce, uncovered, until it is reduced by half and thickens slightly, 5–7 minutes. Serve with steamed white rice.
Filipino Pork Adobo Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Step 1 Stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and bay leaves in a large saucepan. Add the cubed pork, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce … ...
Filipino Chicken Adobo (Flavour Kapow!) | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.com2020-01-06 · Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines and may well become your new favourite Asian chicken dish! Just a few everyday ingredients I can practically guarantee you already have, it’s an effortless recipe … ...
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
Adobo Seasoning: Description, Ingredients, and Recipes
Recipe From : thespruceeats.com...
Pork Adobo (Filipino Style) Recipe - Salu Salo Recipes
Recipe From : salu-salo.com2015-04-22 · Heat oil in a large skillet; rotate to coat sides of skillet. Add pork pieces and cook until meat is browned. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, pepper and water. ...
- Heat oil in a large skillet; rotate to coat sides of skillet. Add pork pieces and cook until meat is browned.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, covered, or until pork are tender. (Watch it carefully. Don't let it dry out.) Add water ½ cup at a time several times until pork meat is tender and the desired amount of sauce has been reached. Stir in honey or brown sugar.
Adobo Recipe - How To Make Adobo - Calgary Filipino
Recipe From : calgaryfilipino.com2008-12-20 · Adobo Recipe Cooking Instructions: * In a big sauce pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil then sauté the minced garlic and onions. * Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and the bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender. * Remove the pork and chicken from the sauce pan and on another pan ... ...
Filipino Chicken Adobo (SO FLAVORFUL & EASY!)
Recipe From : carlsbadcravings.com2020-06-21 · The Chicken Adobo is made by first marinating the chicken in a few simple ingredients – soy sauce, vinegar, Asian sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic and spices and then simmering the … ...
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or freezer bag. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 4-24 hours.
- Heat oil in large heavy bottom skillet/braiser (with a tight-fitting lid) or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Once hot, remove chicken from marinade (don’t discard marinade) and pat dry as you add chicken to the skillet. Brown chicken on each side then stir in reserved marinade, water and bay leaves.
- Bring the chicken to a boil, then cover and reduce to LOW. Simmer, covered for 25 minutes, flipping the chicken once at 15 minutes and replacing lid.
- After 25 minutes, remove the lid and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is reduced to a sticky glaze, about 10- 20 more minutes. Be prepared to stir in additional water if the sauce evaporates too much. Alternatively (but not likely), if the sauce isn't thick enough, remove the cooked chicken to a plate and continue to simmer the sauce until thickened. Return chicken and turn to coat.
Easy Chicken Adobo - Simply Delicious
Recipe From : simply-delicious-food.com2020-09-02 · This easy Chicken Adobo is a delicious Filipino recipe flavored with black pepper, bay leaves and green chillies. The perfect easy dinner served with rice. What is Filipino Chicken Adobo? Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe … ...
- Brown chicken well in a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or deep frying pan. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, black pepper, bay leaves and chillies and pour into the pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken, skin-side up, and simmer with the lid ajar for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
How To Cook The Best Pork Adobo The Favorite Filipino Recipe
Recipe From : eatlikepinoy.com2019-09-07 · White Pork Adobo. This recipe is the mother of all Pork adobos. This is their favorite in the Visayas region. Technically, this is the original Pork adobo. Long ago, there was no soy sauce in the … ...
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and pepper. Mix well and marinate pork belly for at least 1 hour.
- Toss in bay leaves and onions. Cover the skillet and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender already.TIP: You can add more water if the pork is not yet tender.
Adobong Manok or (Chicken Adobo) Recipe | Panlasang Pinoy ...
Recipe From : panlasangpinoyrecipes.com2016-06-27 · In this recipe, you will use chicken meat. Although the name adobo is of Spanish origin, the cooking method is actually indigenous to the Philippines. Early … ...
Filipino-Style Chicken Adobo Recipe - Serious Eats
Recipe From : seriouseats.com2020-04-17 · Using tongs, flip chicken pieces and cook until lightly brown on the second side, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Add garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns to now-empty pot and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very fragrant and garlic turns a … ... Show details
Chicken Adobo | The Recipe Critic
Recipe From : therecipecritic.com2020-01-06 · Chicken Adobo is a tangy, salty, sweet, and spicy Filipino dish. This meal is easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. It’s sure to become a family favorite! You can never have too many chicken recipes and this Chicken Adobo is a keeper! If you’re on the hunt for more easy and delicious chicken recipes… ...
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and drumsticks skin side down to the pan and brown on both sides. Remove and place on a plate.
- To the skillet, add the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, half the chilies, black pepper, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side up, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken from pan onto a clean plate. Bring sauce to a boil over med-high heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. (For a thicker sauce, mix together 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water. Pour into the boiled sauce and cook another 20-30 seconds until thickened.)
- Remove the pan from the heat, discard bay leaves, and add the chicken back. Spoon sauce over the top of the chicken and garnish with remaining chilies.
Adobo Recipe - Favorite Collection of Filipino Adobo Recipes
Recipe From : filipinorecipesite.com2010-08-20 · Any adobo recipes is my filipino food favorite like this adobong manok. Adobo may be done with beef, chicken, pork or a combination. If you want more Adobo Recipe, I’ve made one site category just specifically for Adobo… ...
Chicken Adobo - Jo Cooks
Recipe From : jocooks.com2021-05-02 · This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a simple, yet delicious stove-top quick chicken recipe. Made so easily in one pot, with just a few everyday simple pantry ingredients, this national dish of the Philippines is sure to become a family favorite! Sweet, sticky and tangy chicken marinated in a marinade that requires a handful of ingredients, seared to perfection then braised until fall-off-the-bone ... ...
Filipino Adobo Chicken - Delicious Healthy Recipes Made ...
Recipe From : skinnytaste.com2017-03-08 · Marinate chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeño and pepper, for at least an hour (overnight is ideal). Put chicken, 1/2 cup water, bay leaves and marinade into a deep nonstick skillet … ...
- Marinate chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeño and pepper, for at least an hour (overnight is ideal).
- Put chicken, 1/2 cup water, bay leaves and marinade into a deep nonstick skillet and cook on medium-low heat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes.