Bayou Shrimp Creole
BAYOU SHRIMP CREOLE
this is the ultimate creole sauce which will take you some time to prepare. it's not the instant variety. but your results will make you very happy. use shrimp or chicken, or crawfish. this is happy food! serve over hot, white rice and if you have a heavy hand with the tabasco, serve with ice cold abita amber beer. the leftover sauce can be mixed the next day with some smoked sausage, diced chicken, and the leftover rice for a great jambalaya. just mix all that together and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
Time: 210 minutes
- in a large pot , heat the bacon grease and slowly add the flour , until the roux becomes golden brown , about 15 minutes
- add onion , bell pepper , and celery and stir until tender , about 20 minutes
- pour in the tomato sauce , tomatoes , and liquid from the tomatoes
- add the garlic , tabasco , worcestershire , sugar , salt and pepper
- simmer 30 minutes , stirring occasionally
- add the wine and reduce by half , another 15 minutes
- add stock , 1 / 2 cup at a time , at about 15-20 minute intervals , reducing and stirring , let the vegetables really cook down
- taste all along the way , re-season according to your tastes
- i like to cook this sauce down about 2 hours and then add the shrimp but you can add the shrimp anytime after the first hour
- as soon as the shrimp are pink , about 10 minutes , remove the pot from the heat
- add the green onions , and parsley and serve over rice
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- bacon grease
- green bell pepper
- tomato sauce
- fire-roasted tomatoes
- garlic clove
- dry white wine
- shrimp stock
- tabasco sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- green onion
BAYOU SHRIMP CREOLE
This is the ultimate Creole sauce which will take you some time to prepare. It's not the instant variety. But your results will make you very happy. Use shrimp or chicken, or crawfish. This is happy food! Serve over hot, white rice and if you have a heavy hand with the Tabasco, serve with ice cold Abita Amber beer. The leftover sauce can be mixed the next day with some smoked sausage, diced chicken, and the leftover rice for a great jambalaya. Just mix all that together and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Penny Stettinius
Yield 6 serving(s)
- In a large pot, heat the bacon grease and slowly add the flour, (whisking constantly so it does not burn) until the roux becomes golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery and stir until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, and liquid from the tomatoes.
- Add the garlic, Tabasco, worcestershire, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and reduce by half, another 15 minutes.
- Add stock, 1/2 cup at a time, at about 15-20 minute intervals, reducing and stirring, let the vegetables really cook down.
- Taste all along the way, re-season according to your tastes.
- I like to cook this sauce down about 2 hours and then add the shrimp but you can add the shrimp anytime after the first hour.
- As soon as the shrimp are pink, about 10 minutes, remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the green onions, and parsley and serve over rice.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 2 lbs shrimp, raw, peeled and cleaned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups shrimp stock
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
MICROWAVE BAYOU SHRIMP CREOLE
Microwave recipes are my weakness since I got my convection oven. They are wonderfully easy and that is a plus. This is delicious and the use of canned tomatoes and frozen shrimp make this inexpensive as well. Great for company too!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Redneck Epicurean
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 lb medium frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield 2 Servings; can be doubled
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in water, lemon juice, pepper, rosemary, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Add shrimp to sauce. Cover pan; cook until shrimp turn pink and are just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp and sauce to shallow bowls, dividing equally, and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 uncooked large shrimp in their shells
You'll also love
More recipes about Bayou Shrimp Creole recipes
Bayou Shrimp Creole Recipe - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.com2009-07-05 · Heat oil in lge. frying pan. Add in green peppers, celery, celery leaves and onions. Cook over low heat, stirring till vegetables are eslightly softened. Add in remaining ingredients except shrimp. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Chill for 24 hrs. Add in shrimp … ...
Shrimp Creole - Flavors of the Bayou
Recipe From : flavorsofthebayou.comShrimp Creole. A Cajun classic! Have the hot sauce ready to splash on. Serve with some crusty french bread, and a nice crisp salad. INGREDIENTS: 4 lbs. cleaned and deveined shrimp 3 tbsp. flour 4 tbsp. butter or cooking oil 1 chopped onion 1 cup chopped bell … ... Show details
Bayou Shrimp Creole - Healthy Home Recipes
Recipe From : healthyhomerecipes.com2011-10-02 · Healthy recipes for home cooking. Home Creole Bayou Shrimp Creole. Bayou Shrimp Creole Posted in : Creole on by : Daphne. Ingredients: 1 cup Salad oil 1 Stalk celery, diced 5 cup Onions, sliced 1 cup Chili sauce 1 tsp Curry powder 3 Lge. bay leaf 2 package Frozen sliced okra 2 can Tomatoes (#303) 3 large Green peppers, sliced 1 Stalk celery leaves, chopped 1 tsp Thyme Salt, red … ... Show details
World Best Fish Cooking Recipes : Bayou Shrimp Creole
Recipe From : worldbestfishrecipes.blogspot.comBayou Shrimp Creole Total Time: 3 hrs 30 mins Preparation Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 3 hrs Ingredients. Servings: 6; 2 lbs shrimp, raw, peeled and cleaned ; 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon grease ; 1 1/2 tablespoons flour ; 1 cup onion, finely chopped ; 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped ; 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped ; 14 1/2 ounces tomato sauce ; 16 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes ; 1 garlic clove ... ... Show details
Louisiana Shrimp Creole | FaveSouthernRecipes.com
Recipe From : favesouthernrecipes.com2018-06-14 · Just follow the simple, one-pot instructions (using fresh or frozen wild American shrimp), and, within 30 minutes, your mouth will be watering from the savory aroma of Louisiana goodness. Served over fluffy white rice, this Louisiana Shrimp Creole is a plateful of heaven. For extra authenticity, Tony Chachere's Creole … ...
Louisiana Shrimp Creole II Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1999-07-02 · Step 1. In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until tender. Advertisement. Step 2. … ...
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until tender.
- Mix in cornstarch. Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes.
Shrimp Creole Recipe | Southern Living
Recipe From : southernliving.com2019-08-06 · Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 7 ingredients, and sauté 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Increase heat to medium. ...
Bayou Brothers Shrimp Creole - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comMade a killer Shrimp Creole fresh, Out Da Jar!!Ingredients: 1 jar of Bayou Brothers Shrimp Creole Sauce 2 lbs of large shrimp ... ... Show details
Shrimp Creole – Bayou Girl Gone Country
Recipe From : bayougirlgonecountry.com2019-07-25 · Shrimp Creole. July 25, 2019. There are many perks of being from south Louisiana, one is having access to so many wonderful types of seafood. I have always loved going down the bayou and seeing the shrimp boats come in with their catches! Those are about the hardest working group of people I’ve known, and I love them for going out there and busting butt to get those goodies! Jump to Recipe ... ...
- To onions and roux, add celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Continue to cook until veggies are tender. About 5 minutes.
Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce Recipe by ...
Recipe From : cookpad.com2014-02-16 · Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process. Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole … ...
Shrimp Creole On The Bayou - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comJoin Chef Bourque as he creates his shrimp creole on the bayou from scratch. This recipe will knock your socks off chere. ... Show details
Creole Shrimp Pasta Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comAdd garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle shrimp with seafood seasoning; add to pan. Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and pepper. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Add reserved cooking liquid to pan. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp … ...
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle shrimp with seafood seasoning; add to pan., Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and pepper.
Bayou Shrimp Creole - bigoven.com
Recipe From : bigoven.comBayou Shrimp Creole recipe: Try this Bayou Shrimp Creole recipe, or contribute your own. Add your review, photo or comments for Bayou Shrimp Creole. not … ... Show details
Scallop and Shrimp Creole recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com1997-10-01 · Ingredients. 1 pound large shrimp in the shell, or approximately 3/4 pound frozen, cleaned shrimp, defrosted (about 30 pieces) 1 1/4 pounds sea or bay scallops ...
Bayou Shrimp Creole recipe - Textcook
Recipe From : textcook.comRecipes with similar ingredients to Bayou Shrimp Creole. Shrimp Etouffee. 4 tablespoons flour; 1 cup onion, diced; 1/2 cup celery, diced; 2 cups shrimp stock; 1/2 cup green onions, sliced; 1/4 cup parsley, chopped; 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce; 1 pound shrimp shelled and deviened ; 4 cloves garlic; 1 cup tomato, diced; hot sauce to taste; salt and pepper to taste; 4 tablespoons butter; 1 ... ... Show details
Recipes - Flavors of the Bayou - Cajun and Creole Food ...
Recipe From : flavorsofthebayou.comShrimp Creole. A Cajun classic! Have the hot sauce ready to splash on. Serve with some crusty french bread, and a nice crisp salad. ... Show details
South Louisiana Shrimp Creole | A Sprinkling of Cayenne
Recipe From : asprinklingofcayenne.com2019-02-12 · How to Make South Louisiana Shrimp Creole Take You Waaaayyyy ‘Down the Bayou’ From Wherever You Happen to Be Too, Y’all. To start this south Louisiana shrimp Creole, season the shrimp … ...
- Season shrimp with the lemon zest, paprika, parsley flakes, hot sauce and onion powder. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brown the Cajun trinity of onion, bell pepper and celery in the oil or butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, bay leaf, parsley flakes, paprika, hot sauce and SP&C to taste into the skillet.