Chef John's Cream Of Asparagus Soup
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
No need to toss out the tough ends of asparagus-use them to make a quick stock for an extra shot of flavor in this cream of asparaagus soup.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath with a slotted spoon; reserve for topping. Add trimmings, 1/2 shallot and 1/2 clove garlic to the same pot and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer the asparagus stock 20 to 25 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potato and enough of the asparagus stock to cover the vegetables (about 1 cup), and simmer until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Add remaining asparagus and cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender until completely smooth; remove 1 cup and reserve. Slowly stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper; thin with reserved liquid as needed. Serve hot or chilled, topped with asparagus tips and a drizzle of oil.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces, trimmings and 20 tips reserved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 large shallot, sliced crosswise, plus 1/2 large shallot
- 1/2 large clove garlic, finely chopped, plus 1/2 large clove garlic
- 1 medium Yukon gold or Russet potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
Step into spring with this easy blender soup that showcases fresh asparagus, leeks, shallots, and just a touch of cream from a last-minute drizzle of crème fraîche.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and shallot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and 3 cups broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until asparagus is very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Working in batches (don't fill it more than halfway), purée asparagus in a blender until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes a batch, thinning with more broth if necessary. Transfer to cleaned pan, and heat until steaming. Whisk crème fraîche with a little water until it has the consistency of heavy cream. Spoon some on top of each serving, swirling with a toothpick, if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light-green parts only, well washed and patted dry (from 2)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 to 4 cups ( homemade or low-sodium store-bought)
- Crème fraîche, for serving
You'll also love
More recipes about Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup recipes
Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2013-03-14 · Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add minced onion and salt; cook and stir until onion is soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Step 2 Pour chicken broth and water into pot. ...
Asparagus Soup Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comChef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup. Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup Rating: 4.67 stars. 43 For me, asparagus is one of those rare vegetables that shines brightest when enjoyed in soup form. Here's an ultra-easy and gorgeously colored cream of asparagus soup recipe. By Chef John. Fresh Asparagus Soup. Fresh Asparagus Soup Rating: 4.61 stars. 502 A creamy asparagus soup … ... Show details
Chef John's Soups and Stews Recipes - Allrecipes.com
Recipe From : allrecipes.comChef John's recipe for sopa de ajo, Spanish garlic soup, is a rustic bread soup spiked with garlic, paprika, ham, and topped with a poached egg. By Chef John; ADVERTISEMENT. WATCH. Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup. This easy cream of asparagus soup recipe is a great way to celebrate the first tender spears of the season. By Chef John; More. About Us; Newsroom; Jobs at Allrecipes ... ... Show details
Winning Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe: How to Make It ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comPlace asparagus in a large saucepan and cover with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. ...
Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe | Sunny Anderson | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-05-30 · Deselect All. 1/2 stick unsalted butter. 1/2 onion, chopped, (about 1/2 cup) 1 clove garlic, crushed. Salt and freshly ground black pepper. 2 pounds asparagus, … ...
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add asparagus and saute another 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until asparagus is very tender. *Carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan, stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to serving bowls. Dust with paprika and serve.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
Our Top 10 Asparagus Soups of All Time I Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com... Show details
Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup - Review by Jane ...
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-02-09 · Chef John's Cream of Asparagus Soup. Reviews: Jane Johnson 312 7 February 09, 2018. Another reviewer mentioned simmering the woody parts of the asparagus in the broth and water for thirty minutes in a closed sieve or muslin bundle, removing them after 30 minutes and discarding them, then adding the tender parts of the asparagus and preceding as directed in the original recipe. … ...
Roasted Asparagus Soup - My Gorgeous Recipes
Recipe From : mygorgeousrecipes.com2021-04-13 · Arrange the asparagus on a roasting tray, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over, and sprinkle a bit of salt. Roast in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and potato. Heat up the remaining oil, add the chopped onion and fry until translucent. ...
Cream of Asparagus Soup | Culinary Hill
Recipe From : culinaryhill.com2019-03-20 · In a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter and melt. Stir in chopped asparagus spears and leeks and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. … ...
- In a small skillet or saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to boil. Add asparagus tips, cover, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well dry on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter and melt. Stir in chopped asparagus spears and leeks and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are completely tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas and Parmesan.
Cream of Asparagus Soup Cooking Chef Recipe | Kenwood ...
Recipe From : kenwoodworld.comAdd the butter to the bowl. Add the sliced vegetables and the reserved glass of the water used to cook the asparagus and sauté for 15 minutes or until cooked. Add the Béchamel and the asparagus and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked. Temp MaxStirring 1Time : 15-20 minutes ... Show details
Asparagus Soup (Argenteuil) | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2008-12-03 · In a saucepan, sauté the onion in the butter. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and rice. Cover and simmer until the asparagus are … ...
Dish Do-Over: Cream of Asparagus Soup - Steven and Chris
Recipe From : cbc.ca2014-04-22 · Dish Do-Over: Cream of Asparagus Soup. Tuesday April 22, 2014 in Dish Do-Over, Recipes. Chef Jo says, "This was my all-time favourite soup as a … ... Show details
Cream of Asparagus Soup - Campbell Soup Company
Recipe From : campbells.com2020-07-01 · Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup is a delicately seasoned soup made with tender asparagus and fresh cream. Savor creamy bowls on their own or incorporate our soup into show-stopping recipes that crave a rich boost. Kickstart your cooking inspiration by visiting Campbells.com’s Recipe Page—over 1,000 recipes like Lemon Asparagus Chicken and Ham Asparagus … ... Show details
Dish Do-Over: Cream of Asparagus Soup - Steven and Chris
Recipe From : cbc.ca2014-04-22 · Snap woody ends from asparagus and add to stock. Trim tips from asparagus, set aside. Cut middles into 1 ½ inch pieces, set aside. After 25 minutes remove asparagus … ... Show details
10 Best Pampered Chef Soups Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-08 · Zucchini Noodle Wedding Soup KitchenAid. baby spinach, zucchini, panko bread crumbs, minced onion, low sodium chicken broth and 16 more. ... Show details
Easy Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe - How to Make ...
Recipe From : delish.com2019-03-22 · In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. ...
Low-Carb Cream of Asparagus Soup | KetoDiet Blog
Recipe From : ketodietapp.com2020-09-07 · Allergy information for Low-Carb Cream of Asparagus Soup. Gluten free. Egg free. Nut free. Nightshade free. Pork free. Coconut free. Fish free. Shellfish free . … ...
Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe | Vitamix
Recipe From : vitamix.comDirections Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed. Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes the lid. ...
Asparagus Soup Recipe | ChefDeHome.com
Recipe From : chefdehome.com2020-06-05 · Cook Flavor Base for Soup: Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom dutch oven. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, cumin powder. Saute until onions are soft (about 3 minutes). Now add diced … ...
- Wash asparagus. Trim the hard ends of asparagus and discard. Peel and dice potato. Rough chop garlic, onion and spinach. Zest the lime. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom dutch oven. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, cumin powder. Saute until onions are soft (about 3 minutes). Now add diced potatoes, 1.5 cups of chicken stock with 1/2 tsp of salt. (See Note 1 if using water instead of stock) Bring to boil and then simmer until potatoes are fork tender. (about 10 minutes)
- Now add rough chopped asparagus, spinach and continue cook until asparagus is tender and bright green in color, about 5 minutes. Take soup off heat. Blend soup in stand mixer/blender in 2-3 batches or until soup is completely smooth.
- Return soup back to pot. Add lime zest, half and half. Gently mix. (simmer gently if needed) Taste and adjust salt and black pepper. Asparagus Soup is ready! Serve while still hot. See Note 3 for topping suggestions. Enjoy!
Cream of Asparagus Soup with Parmesan and Garlic
Recipe From : cookthestory.com2015-06-15 · Increase heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until asparagus is tender, 2-3 minutes. While it cooks, shred the parmesan. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Add the cream … ...
- Meanwhile, put a large pot or Dutch oven over low heat. Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the pot. As it melts, peel and chop the onion. Add the onion to the butter. Stir and cover. Increase heat to medium. Trim the tough ends off of the asparagus as described in the blog post above. Discard ends. Chop remaining asparagus into small (1/2-inch) pieces. Add to the onions. Stir and cover. Peel and mince the garlic. Add it to the asparagus along with the salt. Stir.
- At this point the broth should be finished heating. Add it to the asparagus. Cover. Increase heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until asparagus is tender, 2-3 minutes. While it cooks, shred the parmesan.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Add the cream and heat through over medium heat but do not bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.comVegetarian cream of asparagus soup is a creamy and nutritious soup perfect for lunch or dinner. This asparagus soup recipe with potatoes and celery uses soy milk to make it vegan. A nutritious and ... ... Show details
Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe | Cooking Chef | Kenwood Global
Recipe From : kenwoodworld.comAttach the Flexi Beater, set the temperature to 140ºC and the speed to stirring 1. Add the butter to the bowl. Add the sliced vegetables and the reserved glass of the water used to cook the asparagus and sauté for 15 minutes or until cooked. Add the Béchamel and the asparagus and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked. Temp ... ... Show details
Allrecipes - How to Make Cream of Asparagus Soup | Recipe ...
Recipe From : facebook.comHow to Make Cream of Asparagus Soup | Recipe Demos | Allrecipes. Allrecipes. March 22 at 4:30 AM · · ... Show details
Asparagus Soup Recipes | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com...
- I get rave reviews from family and friends whenever I make this soup, but the biggest compliment was when my son called to ask for the recipe so he could make it for his roommates. —Patti Bogetti, Magnolia, Delaware