Chipotle, Corn, And Black Bean Stew
CHIPOTLE, CORN, AND BLACK BEAN STEW
This recipe is easily altered: add zucchini, cauliflower, or any other veggies. From "Vegan With a Vengeance" by Isa Moskowitz. Tastes best if you let it sit for an hour after fully cooked!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by EmilyStrikesAgain
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 chipotle peppers, drained and chopped (canned)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 4 russet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed, torn into pieces
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- salt and pepper
Garnish this hearty vegetarian stew with sour cream, cheddar cheese, diced red onion, toasted pumpkin seeds, or chopped chives; serve with heated flour tortillas.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice
- Coarse salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
You'll also love
More recipes about Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew recipes
Black bean, corn and chipotle stew | Australian Women's ...
Recipe From : womensweeklyfood.com.au2009-11-30 · Black bean, corn and chipotle stew. Place beans in medium bowl, cover with water; stand overnight, drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Place beans in medium saucepan of boiling water; return to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until beans are just tender. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). ...
Chipotle, Corn and Black Bean Stew | The Nursing Mother's ...
Recipe From : nursingmomscook.wordpress.com2012-07-26 · In a stockpot saute the onions in the low over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt and black pepper. Saute 1 minute more. Add the chipotles, tomatoes and water, stir. ...
Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew | Baking From the Start
Recipe From : bakingfromthestart.wordpress.com2012-02-07 · Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew from Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Ingredients. 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil; 1/2 an onion (called for 1 but we’re not onion people) 3 cloves of garlic; 2 chipotle peppers, drained and … ... Show details
Chipotle, Corn, Black Bean Stew | Beth's Recipes
Recipe From : bethsrecipes.wordpress.com2013-08-04 · Chipotle, Corn, Black Bean Stew. Posted on August 4, 2013 by bethsrecipes. 2 tbs olive oil 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tbsp cumin salt pepper 2 chipotle peppers, canned, chopped (use 3 for 8/10 spicy) 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes 2 C water 4 russet potatoes, diced (sweet potatoes nice variation) 4 carrots, diced 1 C corn 3 – 16 oz can black beans 1 C fresh cilantro Juice … ... Show details
Chipotle, Corn and Black Bean Stew | Cooking with Isa
Recipe From : cookingwithisablog.wordpress.com2018-06-08 · Chipotle, Corn and Black Bean Stew. June 8, 2018 June 6, 2018 ~ michalte. After having cooked more than half of the recipes in Vegan with a Vengeance, I definitely feel like this is getting harder. We’d already made all the easy recipes with ingredients we have on hand, and from here on out every recipe requires serious preparation. Since Isa wrote the book in NYC and we’re located in ... ... Show details
Black bean, corn and chipotle stew | Food To Love
Recipe From : foodtolove.co.nz2009-11-30 · Black bean, corn and chipotle stew. Recipes Quick & Easy Dinner Dessert Autumn Inspire Me. Recipe. Black bean, corn and chipotle stew Nov 30, 2009 1:00pm. 2 hrs 15 mins cooking; Serves 4; Print. Ingredients . Black bean, corn and chipotle stew. 1 1/2 cup (300g) dried black beans; 2 chipotle chillies; 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water; 1 tablespoon cumin seeds; 2 trimmed corn cobs … ...
Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew | VeganYumYum
Recipe From : veganyumyum.comChipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew. Here’s a modified version of VwaV’s Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew. We didn’t have potatoes (well, the ones we did were starting a potato farm in the bag) so I subbed some pasta. The shape of the pasta (chiocciole, also called lumache) turned out to be great – beans, corn, and some tomatoes ... ... Show details
Our Old Family Cookbook: Chipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew
Recipe From : cookingthefoodwelove.blogspot.comChipotle, Corn, and Black Bean Stew 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced 3 cloves garlic 2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp salt few dashes pepper 2 chipotle peppers (canned), drained and chopped 28 oz can crushed tomatoes 3 cups water 4 russet potatoes, diced 2 carrots, diced 1 cup corn 16 oz black beans, drained and rinsed 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely grated zest of 1 ... ... Show details
Chipotle sweet potato & black bean stew with cheddar ...
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com2018-12-03 · Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a large flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 7 mins until softened. Tip in the squash and sweet potato and fry for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes, beans and 250ml water. Stir through the chipotle … ...
- Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a large flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 7 mins until softened. Tip in the squash and sweet potato and fry for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes, beans and 250ml water. Stir through the chipotle paste and season to taste. Pop a lid on the dish and gently simmer over a low to medium heat for 25 mins or until reduced and the sweet potato is soft.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Mix the flour with ½ tsp salt. Add the butter and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated cheddar then quickly mix in 4 tbsp cold water. Roll the mixture into eight balls. Put the dumplings on top of the stew and place, uncovered, in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until puffed up and light golden brown. Serve the stew with the sliced jalapeño scattered on top, if you like.
Chipotle Black Bean Stew - Hungry Healthy Happy
Recipe From : hungryhealthyhappy.com2017-02-06 · Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and gently cook for 3-4 minutes until softened Add the cumin, paprika, oregano and salt and … ...
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and gently cook for 3-4 minutes until softened
Vegan Black Bean Stew with Chipotle - Fine Dining Lovers
Recipe From : finedininglovers.com2017-02-09 · Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Stir in the black beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin and chipotle. ...
Rootscension: Chipotle, Corn and Black Bean Stew
Recipe From : thewickedvegetarian.blogspot.comAnyhow, this recipe is adapted from Vegan With a Vengeance therefore I think I can post it because I have tinkered with it quite a bit. Chipotle, Corn and Black Bean Stew Serves 6 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes (20 minutes inactive) 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, diced 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp cumin 3 chipotle peppers, chopped 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes 3 1/2 ... ... Show details
chipotle corn and black bean stew recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comChipotle corn and black bean stew is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 35 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make chipotle corn and black bean stew at your home.. Chipotle corn and black bean stew may come into the following tags or occasion in which you are looking to create your recipe. ... Show details
Southwestern Chipotle Chili With Black Beans and Corn ...
Recipe From : food.com2009-06-03 · Recipes / Black Beans. Southwestern Chipotle Chili With Black Beans and Corn. Recipe by Cindy Rose. Clipped recipe from newspaper in 2007. Family favorite. I've used 1 lb of ground … ...
- Heat oil in 3 quart non-aluminum pot over medium high heat. Add onions, zucchini, cumin, chili powder, the chipotle puree and salt. Stir well and cook until softened, stirring often, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add broth, corn, beans, tomatoes and tomato paste. Heat to boil, reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, to reduce slightly, about 15 minutes.