Chocolate Butter Tarts
CHOCOLATE BUTTER TARTS
Time: 29 minutes
- chop each of three squares of chocolate into 16 pieces
- place 4 chunks into bottom of each tart shell
- whisk together brown sugar , corn syrup , egg , butter , vanilla , vinegar , and salt
- spoon into tart shells , filling three-quarters full
- bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes , or until filling is puffed and bubbly and pastry is a light golden brown
- let cool on racks
- drizzle with melted chocolate
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- bittersweet chocolate
- unbaked tart shells
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
CHOCOLATE BUTTER TARTS
Make and share this Chocolate Butter Tarts recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by love4culinary
Yield 12 serving(s)
- Chop each of three squares of chocolate into 16 pieces.
- Place 4 chunks into bottom of each tart shell.
- Whisk together brown sugar,corn syrup, egg, butter, vanilla, vinegar, and salt.
- Spoon into tart shells, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until filling is puffed and bubbly and pastry is a light golden brown.
- Let cool on racks.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 12 medium unbaked tart shells
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER TART
The key to the marbleized look of this chocolate-peanut butter tart: a wooden skewer, which is used to swirl warm peanut butter atop chocolate ganache.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 4 1/2-by-14-inch tart; Serves 8 to 10
- Make the crust: Whisk flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until combined, scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low, and gradually beat in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with cream and beginning and ending with flour mixture. Shape dough into a rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out dough into a 7-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Fit into a 4 1/2-by-14-inch rectangular tart ring on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Push dough into corners of ring to create sharp edges; trim so that dough is flush with top of ring. Prick dough all over with a fork. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line crust with parchment, pressing so that it is flush with dough, especially in corners. Fill with pie weights or dried beans; bake until edges are set, about 20 minutes. Remove weights and parchment; bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Make the brittle: Bring sugar, butter, corn syrup, and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to brown. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until golden brown. Stir in baking soda, salt, and peanuts until well combined (mixture should be the color of peanut butter). Immediately pour onto a nonstick baking mat, spreading out as thinly as possible with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Finely chop half the brittle with a heavy knife to yield 1/2 cup. Reserve remainder for another use.
- Make the filling: Heat peanut butter in a microwave until fluid, about 30 seconds. Pour 1/2 cup into crust, and top with chopped brittle, pressing it into peanut butter. Freeze tart until peanut butter is firm, about 10 minutes. For ganache, bring cream to a boil; pour over chocolate in a small bowl. Add salt; let sit 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a disposable pastry bag with remaining fluid peanut butter (if peanut butter has thickened, microwave it 10 seconds), and snip off end. Whisk ganache until smooth, and immediately pour into tart, smoothing with a mini offset spatula if necessary. Pipe peanut butter in continuous diagonal zigzag lines down length of tart. Draw a wooden skewer perpendicularly through peanut butter lines in a zigzag motion down length of tart. Then draw skewer in a continuous sideways loop pattern down length of tart to create swirls.
- Refrigerate tart until set, at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Cut into wedges, and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 19
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Valrhona)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) cocktail peanuts, finely chopped in a food processor
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate (61 percent), chopped
- Pinch of salt
You'll also love
More recipes about Chocolate Butter Tarts recipes
Chocolate Butter Tarts Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-03-05 · Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Step 2 Chop 3 ounces of the chocolate into small pieces; sprinkle evenly into the bottom of each tart shell. ...
- Whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, butter, vinegar, vanilla, and salt together in a bowl; fill tart shells with sugar mixture 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling expands and is bubbly and pastry is lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
Chocolate Butter Tarts | Canadian Living
Recipe From : canadianliving.com2005-07-14 · Method In large bowl, stir flour and cocoa with salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces. In liquid measure, whisk egg yolk with vinegar; add enough ice water to make 1/3 cup (75 mL). ... Show details
Double Chocolate Butter Tarts | Redpath Sugar
Recipe From : redpathsugar.comIn a large bowl, whisk together Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, vinegar, and salt until well mixed. Pour in melted butter and whisk until … ...
Ultimate Dark Chocolate Butter Tarts - Dairy Farmers of ...
Recipe From : savourontario.milk.org2020-12-01 · Combine flour, salt and cocoa in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, fork or fingertips, break up butter into dry ingredients until fully incorporated, resembling small, pea-size pieces. ...
Chocolate Butter Tart Squares | Canadian Living
Recipe From : canadianliving.com2006-12-27 · In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, butter, vanilla, baking powder and salt. ... Show details
Butter Tart Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comCanadian Butter Tarts. Rating: 4.17 stars. 50. This recipe is adapted by Valerie Hatfield-Ringrose from the best of several recipes, plus her own additions. It has been made and perfected many times over the years. The tarts are the classic runny type, one of the few true Canadian concoctions. By Valerie Hatfield-Ringrose. ... Show details
Classic butter tarts with maple syrup and your ... - Recipes
Recipe From : more.ctv.ca2015-06-29 · Sprinkle a few pecan pieces (or walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips) into the bottom of each tart shells and ladle or pour the filling into each shell. Bake the tarts for ten minutes at 400°F, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the crust edges have browned. ...
Canadian Butter Tarts
Recipe From : canadiancookingadventures.com2020-11-20 · When it comes to butter tarts, simple is best. Also, when looking for a butter tart recipe. You are going to find that almost every recipe, whether it is from a cooking book dating back to 1940, to 1960 to today. All has different methods of preparing this iconic treat. Some recipes call for cold butter, others warm. Some recipes … ...
- Whisk till combined adding in the Vanilla extract, Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, which has cinnamon, ginger, all spice, nutmeg and cloves all in it.
10 Best Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comsalt, milk, dark chocolate, eggs, cornstarch, butter, granulated sugar and 8 more Two Chocolates Tart El invitado de invierno milk chocolate, almonds, white chocolate, amaretto liqueur, heavy cream and 4 more Raspberry-Chocolate Tart On dine chez Nanou ... Show details
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart - Once Upon a Chef
Recipe From : onceuponachef.com2009-12-18 · In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. (If necessary, place the bowl back in the microwave for 20 to 30 … ...
- Make the chocolate crust: Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. (If necessary, place the bowl back in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.) Add the cookie crumbs and stir until evenly combined. Press the cookie crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the rim of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (see note below). Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter filling: In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the peanut butter, sugar and vanilla extract on medium speed until well-blended, a few minutes. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add one-third of the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and beat on low speed to combine. Add the remaining cream and, using a large rubber spatula, fold until evenly combined. Spoon the filling into the crust, smoothing the surface. Refrigerate, uncovered, for about 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate topping: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate with the heavy cream and microwave at high power in 20-second intervals until the chocolate is just melted and the cream is hot. Stir until well blended, then let cool to barely warm, stirring occasionally. Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling and sprinkle the chopped peanuts around the edges of the pie. Chill, uncovered, in the refrigerator for 3 more hours.
- To serve: Carefully remove the rim from the pan by gently pressing upwards on the bottom while holding the rim in place. (If using a springform pan, run a thin knife around the crust to loosen it, then remove the springform ring.) Use a sharp knife to cut the pie into wedges. Wipe the knife clean between each cut. Serve chilled.
Chocolate Butter Tarts | Recipe in 2021 | Chocolate butter ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 27, 2021 - Butter tarts don't have to be traditional - these butter tarts have a hidden layer of chocolate. Apr 27, 2021 - Butter tarts don't have to be traditional - these butter tarts have a hidden layer of chocolate. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe ... ... Show details
15 ways to reinvent the butter tart | Cottage Life
Recipe From : cottagelife.com...
- Butterscotch Pudding Tarts. If you ever had an affinity for pudding cups, these tarts will bring you back to your childhood lunchroom in just one or two bites.
- Rustic Rhubarb Tarts. With spring in full bloom, rhubarb is delicious and plentiful across Canada and, if you’re lucky enough to have a crop in your backyard, you can harvest it for these flavourful tarts.
- Butter Tart Cupcakes. Celebrating a birthday or baking for the wedding of two butter tart enthusiasts? These cupcakes based on the classic Canadian tart will have your mouth watering.
- Chocolate Caramel Tartlets. The butter tart lover who also has a sweet-tooth for chocolate will love these, made with a chocolate crust with salted caramel and thick chocolate ganache.
- Butter tart muffins. Who says you can’t have a butter tart for breakfast? Maple syrup, nuts, raisins, and of course butter will give you that much needed morning sugar boost.
- Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts. Let’s face it; butter tarts are the ultimate indulgence and quite a commitment at upwards of 250 to 300 calories a pop. These mini pecan phyllo tarts offer a similar flavour, but are significantly lighter at only 68 calories, making them a perfect dessert for anyone who is actually counting calories.
- Cranberry White Chocolate Tarts. These beautiful tarts are created with a fine balance of sour cranberries and sweet, creamy white chocolate. They’d be perfect any time of the year, but especially in the fall when cranberries are plentiful.
- Maple Butter Tart Pie. Looking for one giant butter tart you can share with everyone at the cottage? Or maybe just nibble away at on your own all weekend?
- Butterless Butter Tart. The author of this recipe calls it the “better butter tart” in reference to its all natural and unrefined ingredients. It’s sweetened with brown rice syrup and organic raisins and is entirely gluten free.
- Brown Butter Tart with Blackberries. These simple yet impressive tarts are adorned with fresh blackberries, but would be equally delicious topped with any summer berry.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Tarts Recipe: How to Make It ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com2009-11-11 · Directions In a microwave, melt chips and oil; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk pudding and milk until thick. ...
Chocolate Walnut Butter Tarts | I Wash You Dry
Recipe From : iwashyoudry.com2017-12-06 · Combine the brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until combined. Add the corn syrup, eggs, flour and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Divide the … ...
- Unroll the pie dough and cut out 12 (3 inch) circles using a round cookie cutter or small bowl. Reroll the pie dough to get all 12 circles if needed. Line the cavities of the muffin tin with the pie dough and evenly distribute the chocolate chips and walnuts between them. Set aside
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until combined. Add the corn syrup, eggs, flour and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Divide the butter filling between the prepared pie crusts, about 2 tbsp each.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until filling is a deep golden brown and crust is golden brown. Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Chocolate and Pecan Butter Tarts - Closet Cooking
Recipe From : closetcooking.com2015-12-24 · Chill the muffin pan in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, salt, pecans and chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the tarts. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven and bake until set, about 15-25 minutes. Option: Remove or replace the pecans and chocolate with your ... ...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tarts Recipe: How to Make ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. ...
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder; cover and process until blended.
- Add butter mixture; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs., While processing, gradually add water and vanilla just until moist crumbs form.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms.
Butter tart chocolate chip cookie - Recipes
Recipe From : more.ctv.caIn a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer (paddle attachment optional), beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until combined and creamy, about two minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. ... Show details
No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Tart (Gluten Free, Paleo ...
Recipe From : bakerita.com2017-10-13 · In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, coconut oil, and kosher salt. Pour the filling into the prepared tart crust or crusts and spread to even out. Place in … ...
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tart pan(s); set aside or place in the fridge while making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, coconut oil, and kosher salt.
- Pour the filling into the prepared tart crust or crusts and spread to even out. Place in the refrigerator to set before topping with the chocolate.
Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart | The Best Peanut ...
Recipe From : lifeloveandsugar.com2015-04-08 · Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch tart pan, with removable bottom, then set aside. 3. Put peanut butter chips into a microwave safe bowl. I used a glass measuring cup. 4. Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to bowl. Heavy cream should mostly cover the peanut butter … ...
- 2. Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch tart pan, with removable bottom, then set aside.
- 4. Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to bowl. Heavy cream should mostly cover the peanut butter chips.
Chocolate-Glazed Peanut Butter Tart - Recipe - FineCooking
Recipe From : finecooking.com2005-12-01 · Melt the chocolate in a small bowl in a microwave or in a double boiler over medium heat (see How to melt chocolate). Add the butter and corn syrup and whisk until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Carefully remove the plastic wrap from the top of the chilled filling. ...
RECIPE - Butter Tarts - LCBO
Recipe From : lcbo.comButter tarts are the ultimate all-occasion dessert— great for summer picnics and cottage weekends, bake sales, for brunch or topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce for dinner parties. Keep your eye out for butter tart ice cream—baked tarts, broken up, mixed with ice cream still at the soft frozen stage, then hardened. ⅓ cup (80 mL) soft butter ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar 2 eggs ... ... Show details
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts (vegan + gluten-free ...
Recipe From : feastingonfruit.com2021-02-28 · How To Make Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts. This recipe by no means screams HEALTH. Its basically peanut butter cup energy meets cream pie form and nothing about that is breakfast approved. But! It is gluten-free and vegan, easy to make without having to whisk or stir a thing by hand, and exceptionally devourable. The Gluten-Free Chocolate … ...
- Grind the granola in a food processor. Add coconut oil and cocoa powder. Process again until combined.
- Press into mini tart pans (or you can use a muffin tin to make minis or a regular sized pie pan), covering the bottom and sides. Greasing your hands or using wax paper can help.