Coconut Surprise Candy
3-INGREDIENT COCONUT CANDY
Based on a recipe from Heidi Haughy Cusick's book, Soul and Spice, African Cooking in the Americas. This book is chock-filled with Caribbean, Bahia Brazilian, and Louisiana Creole recipes. She says, "Known as tablette in the Caribbean and cocada in Bahia, this confection combines the Spanish and Portuguese penchant for sweets with the African resourcefulness for using available ingredients: sugar from the cane fields and the abundant adopted coconut. Easy to make, these candies have been satisfying sweet tooths in the Caribbean for two centuries." Historical note: Sugarcane came to the Caribbean with Columbus on his second voyage in 1494, when he established the first European settlement in the West Indies on Hispaniola; unrefined brown sugar was most commonly used in households; it came in foots, hard cylinders that were grated for use. I haven't tried this yet.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 6 candies
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or waxed paper. Lightly grease it.
- In a heavy saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook until a syrup forms, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until it register s 234°F (soft-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, or until a small bit dropped into a glass of ice water holds together and is quite soft when pressed between your fingertips. Remove from heat.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet and flatten into 3-inch rounds.
- When cool and firm, wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Store in an airtight container up to a week.
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh coconut, finely grated or 2 cups dried unsweetened coconut
You'll also love
More recipes about Coconut Surprise Candy recipes
Coconut Surprise Candy Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIngredients 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/3 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter) ...
Total Time: 15 mins
The Best Coconut Candy Recipes
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comIn this recipe for lime-coconut truffles, a white chocolate truffle base is infused with fresh lime zest and juice, then rolled in sweet coconut for a refreshing tropical candy. Lime and coconut is a fabulous and uncommon flavor combination that shines in these truffles. 08 of 16 ...
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Coconut Candy Recipes - Yummy Old Fashioned Creams and Fudge
Recipe From : homemade-dessert-recipes.comCoconut Candy One coconut, 1-1/2 pounds granulated sugar. Put sugar and milk of coconut together, heat slowly until sugar is melted, then boil 5 minutes; add coconut (finely grated), boil 10 minutes longer, stir constantly to keep from burning. Pour on … ... Show details
Easy Coconut Candy Recipe (3 Ingredients ONLY) - Let the ...
Recipe From : letthebakingbegin.com2019-12-04 · Melt 2 cups of chocolate melts over a water bath, or by microwaving the chocolate in short intervals and stirring in-between until it's completely melted. Drop each coconut truffle into the chocolate and roll to coat in chocolate. Using a fork remove the truffle out of the chocolate … ...
Total Time: 45 mins
Coconut Almond Candy Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a large bowl, mix coconut, potatoes, vanilla and, if desired, salt. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour. … ...
Total Time: 45 mins
Calories: 167 per serving
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour. , With hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into twenty-four 1-in. ovals.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes. , In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
Coconut Candies Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Step 1 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk and sugar until smooth. Heat, without stirring, to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to … ...
Category: Desserts, Candy Recipes
Total Time: 1 hr
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk and sugar until smooth. Heat, without stirring, to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and vanilla. Let cool slightly.
Easy No Bake Coconut Candy Recipe | Cookies & Cups
Recipe From : cookiesandcups.com2013-12-08 · In bowl mix melted butter, powdered sugar and coconut together until combined evenly. (I used my hands to work it together) Form mixture into 1 inch balls and press down slightly in the center. Fill a zip-top bag with chocolate or chocolate-hazelnut … ...
Total Time: 30 mins
- In bowl mix melted butter, powdered sugar and coconut together until combined evenly. (I used my hands to work it together)
How to Make Nigerian Coconut Candy | All Nigerian Recipes
Recipe From : allnigerianrecipes.comIngredients 1 head fresh coconut with the juice 200g icing sugar (powdered sugar) ... Show details
Make Crunchy Nigerian Coconut Candy Recipe | Ada's Recipes
Recipe From : adasrecipes.com2018-06-19 · Nigerian coconut candy recipe,is a snack, dessert and delicious treat enjoyed by children and adults.It’s also a finger food that can be taken with or without drink. It’s prepared majorly with sugar and grated coconut. You can also add salt,though its optional. Aside from the grating process, the preparation of the coconut candy … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Coconut Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comBrowse over 1,790 recipes using fresh or shredded coconut complete with ratings, reviews and serving tips. Looking for coconut milk, oil or flour recipes? We have those, too. ... Show details
10 Best Coconut Candy with Condensed Milk Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com... Show details
Coconut candy recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comCoconut candy recipe. Learn how to cook great Coconut candy . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Coconut candy recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Coconut candy recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% Chocolate Coconut Candies Tasteofhome.com These candies disappear just as fast as I put them ... ... Show details
Coconut Surprise Candy
Recipe From : crecipe.comCoconut Surprise Candy . What's the secret ingredient in these dipped balls? Mashed potatoes! The spuds create the creamy texture, while coconut and chocolate chips figure big in the flavor. Visit original page with recipe . Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. Directions In a large bowl, combine coconut, sugar and mashed potatoes; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper ... ... Show details
Coconut Candy | Coconut candy, Coconut recipes, Candy recipes
Recipe From : pinterest.com2015-12-07 · When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. ... Show details
Best Ever Addicting Coconut Pecan Praline Candy Recipe
Recipe From : kudoskitchenbyrenee.com2019-06-09 · In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cream. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, … ...
Category: Candy, Dessert, Food Gifts
Total Time: 50 mins
10 Best Coconut Oil Candy Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com... Show details
Coconut-and-Almond Candy recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com2009-12-01 · 3. Add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time and stir with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated. 4. Add coconut and stir until combined. 5. Pour the mixture … ...
77 Candy - Coconut candy ideas | coconut candy, dessert ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comDec 29, 2017 - Explore Donna Simons's board "Candy - Coconut candy", followed by 2431 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about coconut candy, dessert recipes, desserts. ...
Sugar Free Keto Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy - THE ...
Recipe From : thesugarfreediva.com2019-05-13 · Start by mixing prepping a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set this aside while you work. Next, mix together the sugar free powdered sugar, coconut, and condensed milk. You can use a … ...
Category: Dessert, Snack
Total Time: 20 mins
- Next, mix together the sugar free powdered sugar, coconut, and condensed milk. You can use a large bowl and eventually your hands (prep your hands first with oil or coconut butter) to do this or a food processor if needed. When you are able to form small balls, do so making the balls 1- 1 1/2" in diameter. Place the balls on to the prepped cookie sheet. Refrigerate this for 25-30 minutes or until firm. You can add your option nuts and additional sweetener during the ball forming process as well.
- Meanwhile, using a microwave safe bowl or a double boiler method, melt together the chocolate chips and margarine or coconut oil. In a microwave simply microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until melted. The double boiler method entails simmering the water and then placing the chocolate and margarine or coconut oil in a bowl on top and stirring until melted
- To cover the balls in chocolate, simply use a spoon or something similar to dip each individual ball into the chocolate and then place the ball back on to the prepped cookie sheet. Allow this to set.
Candied Coconut - Keeping It Relle
Recipe From : keepingitrelle.com2020-03-22 · Remove coconut meat from the shell of the coconut. You can save the water for drinking, cooking, or baking. Slice into thin ribbons about 2 inches long. In a large mixing bowl add coconut ribbons and sugar. Cover and allow to sit for 1 hour. After an hour some of the coconut … ...
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Remove coconut meat from the shell of the coconut. You can save the water for drinking, cooking, or baking.
- After an hour some of the coconut water will have seeped out. Place a medium pot over medium heat and add the coconut and sugar mixture.
Recipes Chocolate and coconut surprise cookies | Update ...
Recipe From : ricapeupodate.com2021-02-03 · Recipes Chocolate and coconut surprise cookies In the bowl mix all elements together except chocolate goodies and powdered sugar. Next within a food processor or perhaps blender, pulse mix many times. Try this in a couple of batches. ... Show details
Coconut Candy Ball Recipe - tfrecipes.com
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comCOCONUT CANDY BALLS. Make and share this Coconut Candy Balls recipe from Food.com. Recipe From food.com. Provided by grandma2969. Time 1h5m. Yield 100 pieces. Steps: Mix all ingredinets except chocolate chips, chill and roll into balls. Let stand 1 hour in refrigerator -- after rolling into balls. Dip each candy into melted chocolate chips. ... Show details
Chocolate Coconut Candy Recipe | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2016-11-18 · For the filling: Place the coconut milk in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir in the corn syrup, coconut rum and rum. Place the white chocolate and in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot coconut milk... ...
Author: Jacques Torres
- Use a ladle to fill the plastic chocolate candy mold of your choice ( I used a small Bon Bon shape), with the tempered bittersweet chocolate. Tap the mold on the counter to encourage the air bubbles to depart. When the mold is full, empty it into the bowl of chocolate. The inside of each cavity should be evenly coated with chocolate. Scrape the mold clean with an offset spatula and place it upside down on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Once the chocolate starts to harden, about 5 minutes, scrape the edge clean again, with a chef's knife. When the chocolate sets, it shrinks or retracts from the sides of the mold. A clean edge will keep it from sticking and cracking as it shrinks. You can place the mold in the refrigerator for several minutes to help the chocolate to harden. Repeat with as many candy molds as you would like.
- For the filling: Place the coconut milk in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir in the corn syrup, coconut rum and rum. Place the white chocolate and in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate in the bowl and mix thoroughly. Stir in the shredded coconut. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature (though it should still be soft enough to pipe). Place the mixture in a piping bag and fill each chocolate cavity with the coconut mixture, to just shy of the top of the cavity. Allow this to set until the mixture hardens, about 2 hours.
- Use an offset spatula to cover the openings of each cavity with more tempered bittersweet chocolate. When the chocolate has begun to set, use an offset spatula to scrape away the excess chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set completely. Overturn the mold and give it a quick rap on the counter. The chocolates will release from the mold. They are ready to serve.
- Chocolate is tempered so that after it has been melted, it retains its gloss and hardens again without becoming chalky and white (that happens when the molecules of fat separate and form on top of the chocolate). There are a variety of ways to temper.