Croquetas De Gambas Prawn Croquettes (Spain)
CROQUETAS DE GAMBAS -- PRAWN CROQUETTES (SPAIN)
This recipe was found online in spain-recipes.com & s posted here for Zaar World Tour 5. Preparation time does not include time needed for the sauce to cool completely. NOTE: The list of ingredients does not include the olive oil to use in deep-frying!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Sydney Mike
Yield 36 croquettes, 18 serving(s)
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, then add the flour & cook it, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- A little at a time, add cold milk, stirring continuously until there is a thick, smooth sauce.
- Add prawns & season well before stirring in the tomato paste.
- Continue cooking for 7-8 minutes, or until the sauce is quite thick.
- Cool the sauce COMPLETELY, 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Take scant tablespoons of the mixture & form into a 'croqueta' (a cylinder not more than 2 inches long).
- Roll each croqueta in breadcrumbs, then coat with beaten egg, then roll again in the breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs MUST BE DRY to ensure an even coating.
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan heat the olive oil for deep-frying until temperature reaches 350 degrees F or a cube of bread turns golden brown in 20-30 seconds.
- Deep-fry in batches of not more than 4 for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, then remove with a slotted spoon & drain on paper towels.
- Serve ASAP & enjoy!
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 3 1/2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk, cold
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 14 ounces prawns, cooked, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 5 -6 tablespoons breadcrumbs, fine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
You'll also love