Curried Chicken With Apples And Bananas
CHICKEN CURRY WITH APPLES
Make and share this Chicken Curry With Apples recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Dancer
Yield 8 serving(s)
- In a large non-stick pot, heat canola oil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, and brown it in oil.
- Remove chicken.
- Add apples, onions, garlic, curry and cumin.
- Saute, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add broth and raisins.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 60 minutes.
- Serve with condiments such as chutney, chopped peanuts, toasted coconut, minced cilantro or sliced scallions.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small serving pieces
- 3 medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced thinly or chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 5 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups regular brown rice, uncooked (not instant)
You'll also love
More recipes about Curried Chicken With Apples and Bananas recipes
Curried Chicken With Apples and Bananas Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.comStir in curry powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander; saute for 1 minute. Add apples, bananas, tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently for 5 … ...
- Add half of the chicken pieces and cook, turning once, until brown. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
Gourmet recipe: Chicken curry with apples and bananas
Recipe From : gourmandasia.com2015-02-17 · Wash the apples and cut in half. Remove core and seeds, and slice. Peel the bananas and cut into slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Pour the fruit in the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Our cooking tip: Use green apples… ...
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Chicken, apple and banana curry recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comChicken, apple and banana curry recipe. Learn how to cook great Chicken, apple and banana curry . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chicken, apple and banana curry recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Chicken, apple and banana curry recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% Roasted Garlic Mashed ... ... Show details
Curried Chicken with Apples and Bananas | Pat Simkin's Recipes
Recipe From : patsimkin.wordpress.com2011-01-12 · Add garlic and sprinkle with curry, cumin, tumeric, coriander and cinnamon. Saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, apples, bananas and broth to pan, scraping up bits from bottom of pan. Simmer uncovered over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir flour into yogurt ... ... Show details
Chicken | apple and banana curry recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comRecent recipes chicken | apple and banana curry streusel topped pumpkin pie pillsbury.com sparkling sangria | michael chiarello | food network slow cooked paprika chicken with mashed potatoes from . truffle butter green chile cornbread roast sweet potato, parsnip and bacon soup snickers™ slab pie quiche a la benedict allrecipes.com porcupine cookies cream cheese apple muffins grilled ... ... Show details
Apple Chicken Curry Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 40 secs
- Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan., Add red pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes.
Chicken with Banana Curry Sauce Recipe - Quick From ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Heat the oven to 450°. In a food processor or blender, puree the bananas, curry powder, coriander, dry mustard, butter, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the water. Step 2 … ...
- Heat the oven to 450°. In a food processor or blender, puree the bananas, curry powder, coriander, dry mustard, butter, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the water.
- Make a few deep cuts in each chicken breast and put the breasts in a roasting pan. Pour the curry sauce over the chicken, making sure the sauce gets into the cuts. Roast in the bottom third of the oven until the chicken is just done, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and remove the chicken breasts from the pan. There should be plenty of thick sauce in the bottom of the pan. Set the pan over moderate heat and whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup water. Continue to whisk until the sauce is heated through, adding more water if you want a thinner sauce. Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce over them. Sprinkle with parsley if you like.
10 Best Caribbean Chicken with Banana Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-05-29 · water, boneless skinless chicken breasts, vegetable oil, rice mix and 1 more Caribbean Chicken Gusto TV butter, shredded coconut, eggs, honey, smoked ham, vegetable oil and 6 more Caribbean Chicken with Mango Coconut Sauce McCormick ... Show details
Chicken Curry With Apple And Raisins | Irish American Mom
Recipe From : irishamericanmom.com2014-02-13 · Blend the yogurt and tomato paste together and add to the chicken mixture. Add the water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer the curry for 40 minutes. Add the apples and raisins … ...
Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Category: Main Course
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until onion starts to soften.
Chicken and Apple Curry Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1999-04-24 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Step 2 Saute apple and onion in butter or margarine until tender. Add curry powder and saute 1 minute more. ...
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Saute apple and onion in butter or margarine until tender. Add curry powder and saute 1 minute more. Add flour and continue to cook 1 minute longer. Add stock or broth and milk; stir well.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste and lay in a single layer in a 9x13 inch (or larger) baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until chicken is done.
Curried Chicken with Apples Recipe: How to Make It | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the apples, water and seasonings. ...
Cuisine: Asia, Indian
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
Chicken Curry with Apples Recipe
Recipe From : recipeland.com1996-01-28 · Add apples and heat until they are warm. Stir in the yogurt and the spices. Heat until everything is hot, serve over rice with more apples, bananas, rasins, peanuts, grapes, chutney, sesame seeds or whatever else strikes your fancy. This is a fairly mild, sweet curry. ...
Calories: 276 per serving
Total Time: 30 mins
Chicken curry with apples | Healthy Free Recipe, Cooking, Food
Recipe From : recipe-free.comSee below ingredients and instructions of the recipe. Cooking Preparation of the Recipe: 1 lb Chicken breast, boned-cut into bite-sized cubes 1 Green pepper; seeded-cut into bite-sized strips 2 Apples; peeled (if you want)-and diced (See NOTE) 3 Celery stalks; -=OR=-8 oz -Water chestnuts) 1 c Plain yogurt 1 tb Curry powder (mild) 1/4 tb Cumin ... Show details
Chicken & Fruit Curry Sauce with Coconut Basmati Rice ...
Recipe From : tilda.com2021-03-26 · Heat half the butter and oil in a pan and cook the chicken until golden brown, this should take about 10-12 minutes. Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, pineapple, banana and half the apple. Add the curry powder, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. ...
Total Time: 30 mins
Curried Chicken Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Step 3. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apple and onion to the melted butter, season with the curry powder, and cook and stir until the apple and onion are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir the mushroom soup and half-and-half into the mixture until completely combined; spoon over the chicken … ...
Category: Main Dish Recipes, Curries, Chicken
Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and the paprika; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apple and onion to the melted butter, season with the curry powder, and cook and stir until the apple and onion are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir the mushroom soup and half-and-half into the mixture until completely combined; spoon over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 75 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
BEST Banana Curry Recipe - The Endless Meal
Recipe From : theendlessmeal.com2020-09-11 · Transfer the onion mix to your blender. Add ½ cup of the cooked bananas, the coconut milk, curry powder, and salt and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour the sauce into a large pot over … ...
Total Time: 30 mins
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick pan. Add the bananas, cut sides facing down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are well browned. Flip them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove them from the pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil, the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mix to your blender. Add ½ cup of the cooked bananas, the coconut milk, curry powder, and salt and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, sweet potato, and chickpeas and bring the curry to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir the remaining caramelized bananas into the sauce then serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.
Apple Chicken (Sheet Pan Chicken ... - Easy Chicken Recipes
Recipe From : easychickenrecipes.com2020-07-10 · Toss the apples and onions in the sugar mixture over low heat until they are coated, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, chicken broth, vinegar, and mustard. Remove the chicken from the oven after 30 minutes. Add the apple onion mixture to the baking sheet with the chicken. ...
Category: Main Course
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Chicken and Pea Curry with Bananas recipe | Eat Smarter USA
Recipe From : eatsmarter.com2016-09-22 · For the curry: Remove the skin from the chicken and dice meat. Peel the onions, scallions and garlic. Cut the onions into strips and finely chop scallions and garlic. Sauté with the chicken … ...
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Chicken Curry Recipe That Is So Tasty
Recipe From : lovefrenchfood.comIngredients • 1 medium sized chicken cut into about 8 pieces. • 2 small carrots • 1 clove of garlic, chopped • 1 apple, diced • 2 medium sized onions, diced • 2 sticks of celery, diced • 2oz/50g butter • 1 tablespoon flour • 1–2 tablespoons curry powder • Salt and pepper • 3 tomatoes quartered • 4oz/125g thick cream For serving with your chicken curry recipe (optional ... ... Show details
Chicken & Banana Curry | Shemin's Indian Recipes
Recipe From : shemins.comAdd the chicken thighs and coat in the curry paste mixture, stir for around 5 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and half the bananas to the curry. Bring to the boil, and cook with the lid off for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken … ... Show details
10 Best Indian Curry with Banana Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comRaw Vegan Banana Curry Recipe (Indian Dinner Meal) The Raw Buzz. coconut water, coconut, medjool date, cardamom, bananas, curry powder and 3 more. ... Show details
Chicken Apple Curry Recipe With Almond Rice Pilaf and Mint ...
Recipe From : rachaelrayshow.com2020-11-06 · For the Chicken-Apple Curry, heat a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter to foam and add onions, ginger, turmeric, garlic, chilies, and salt, let soften 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apples, curry spice blend and curry leaves. Cover and let soften but do not brown. Add 4 tablespoons flour, stir a minute. Add stock, thicken to reduce sauce to coat spoon ... ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Nana's Fruity Chicken Curry | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com...
- In a large frying pan, fry the chicken breast until browned or, if you prefer you can just drop the raw chicken into the curry later.
- Add the onion, apple and banana to a medium sized casserole dish and fry until the onion has softened. (About 10 minutes)
- Simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with the lid off. The liquid should reduce down.
- Add the coconut milk, raisins, nuts and chick peas (If using) and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.