Eight Treasure Fried Rice
EIGHT-TREASURE FRIED RICE
In Chinese tradition, eight is a lucky number. It's represented here by the delicious "treasures" that comprise the dish: eggs, shrimp, shiitake mushrooms, edamame, sausage or ham, pineapple, cashews and cilantro. Cooking and chilling the rice the day before makes it easy to crumble into separate grains, which is essential for fluffy, flavorful fried rice. From Cooking Club of America.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Break up rice into individual grains, using your hands to crumble it gently.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Add eggs; tilt or swirl pan to cover bottom with eggs. (Lift cooked edges and tilt pan to allow uncooked egg to run underneath.) When set, gently turn eggs; cook 10 seconds. Place on cutting board; cool. Roll up; cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide ribbons. Fluff to loosen.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook onion 15 seconds or until shiny and fragrant. Add shrimp; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp just begins to turn pink. Add mushrooms and edamame; cook 1 minute or until mushrooms are shiny and softened and shrimp turn pink.
- Add rice; toss to combine. Add egg ribbons, sausage, pineapple, cashews, green onions and stir-fry sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is tender and all ingredients are heated through. Stir in cilantro and sesame oil.
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb shelled deveined uncooked medium shrimp
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame or 3/4 cup baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup diced chinese smoked sausage or 1 cup ham
- 3/4 cup well-drained canned pineapple tidbits or 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup purchased stir-fry sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
EIGHT TREASURES FRIED RICE
Make and share this Eight Treasures Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by foodart
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- 4 cups glutinous rice (naw mai)
- 2 links pork sausage, Chinese, slice half moon
- 3 links liver sausage, duck, Chinese, slice half moon
- 1 1/2 lbs barbecued pork, Chinese and slice small cubes
- 1/8 cup shrimp, dried and presoak
- 6 black mushrooms, Chinese, presoak and 1/4-inch cube
- 1/4 cup radish, salted, Chinese, small cubes
- 1 cup water chestnut, 1/4-inch cube
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot, soak and cut into 1/4-inch cube
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- white pepper
- oyster sauce
- cashew nuts
You'll also love
More recipes about Eight Treasure Fried Rice recipes
Eight-Treasure Fried Rice Recipe - Great British Chefs
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.com2020-01-20 · This fried rice is made more celebratory by the addition of eight 'treasures'. Traditionally, eight-treasure rice could be sweet, made with steamed sticky rice and nuts and dried fruit; or savoury, such as in this recipe. The actual eight … ...
Eight-Treasure Fried Rice | Cookstr.com
Recipe From : cookstr.com2016-02-23 · Cook, tossing often, until shrimp is cooked through and rice is hot and tender and evenly seasoned, about 1 minute more. Add cashews, green onions and scrambled eggs and toss well. Add cilantro and sesame oil and toss … ...
Eight treasure fried rice recipe | Eat Your Books
Recipe From : eatyourbooks.comEight treasure fried rice from Simple Asian Kitchen: Watch Then ... If the recipe is available online - click the link “View complete recipe”– if not, you do need to own the cookbook or magazine. Cancel. Cancel. Learn. Support Page; FAQ's; Getting Started; Member Benefits; Search. Indexed Books ; Popular Books; Magazines; Blogs; Online Recipes; Connect. Gift Memberships; Forum; EYB Blog ... ... Show details
Chinese Spicy Eight Treasures Stir Fry | The Woks of Life
Recipe From : thewoksoflife.com2013-09-04 · Instructions Stir fry the spiced bean curd with a teaspoon of oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Take it out of wok and set aside. Stir fry the carrot with a … ...
- Stir fry the spiced bean curd with a teaspoon of oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Take it out of wok and set aside. Stir fry the carrot with a teaspoon of oil using medium heat for about two minutes…until softens slightly. Take it out of wok and set aside. Repeat the process another two times with the edamame and the cubed pork and set both aside.
- Then add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and stir-fry the garlic over medium heat for about a minute. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Add the peanuts and stir for another 3-5 minutes, until they start to smell fragrant. Then add the green pepper and mix well. Now add all the pre-cooked ingredients: the bean curd, carrot, edamame and pork. Continue to stir and cook for another few minutes so that everything comes together. Add cooking wine, spicy bean paste, sugar, sesame oil, and the black bean chili sauce. Stir everything together and keep stirring until most of the liquid has evaporated and all the ingredients are well-coated in sauce. Plate and serve!
Five-Treasure Fried Rice - Recipe - FineCooking
Recipe From : finecooking.com2008-12-31 · Heat all but 1 tsp. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli stems, carrots, and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the edamame and corn and cook until the edamame … ...
Eight-Treasure Fried Rice | Recipe | Fried rice, Recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comFeb 24, 2018 - Eight-treasure dishes, also called "eight-precious," feature an abundance of luxury ingredients. The ingredients can vary, and there can ... ... Show details
Eight Treasures Fried Rice - tfrecipes.com
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comMake and share this Eight Treasures Fried Rice recipe from Food.com. Recipe From food.com. Provided by foodart. Time 1h20m. Yield 12 serving(s) Steps: Number Of Ingredients: 18. Ingredients: 4 cups glutinous rice (naw mai) water; 2 links pork sausage, Chinese, slice half moon; 3 links liver sausage, duck, Chinese, slice half moon ; 1 1/2 lbs barbecued pork, Chinese and slice small cubes; 1/8 ... ... Show details
Eight Treasure Rice (八宝饭, Chinese Rice Pudding) | Omnivore ...
Recipe From : omnivorescookbook.com2020-01-15 · A modernized eight treasure rice that tastes so much better than the traditional version. Lightly sweetened sticky rice stuffed with red bean paste and topped with dried fruits and seeds, then served with a fragrant chrysanthemum syrup that has an amazing earthy aroma. The recipe … ...
- Cover the glutinous rice with 2” (5cm) cold water and soak it for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Eight-Treasure Fried Rice | Recipe | Tasty ingredients ...
Recipe From : pinterest.co.ukMar 9, 2020 - Eight-treasure dishes, also called "eight-precious," feature an abundance of luxury ingredients. The ingredients can vary, and there can ... Explore. Food And Drink. World Cuisine. Asian Recipes. Fried Rice. ... ... Show details
Eight Treasure Congee (八宝粥) | Omnivore's Cookbook
Recipe From : omnivorescookbook.com2019-02-03 · Eight treasure congee (八宝粥), also called Laba congee (腊八粥), is a traditional Chinese dish that is served on the Laba Festival (腊八节). The Laba festival … ...
- Add all the dry ingredients except the sugar, and 8 cups water into the Instant Pot. Set to cook at high pressure for 25 minutes. Once done, release the pressure naturally. (*Footnote 3) Once the pressure is released, stir the congee thoroughly so the texture becomes consistent.
- Combine the glutinous rice, black rice, peanuts, walnuts, barley, red beans in a big bowl. Pour in 2”(5cm) tap water to cover. Soak overnight. Discard the soaking water and drain thoroughly before cooking.
8 Treasure Vegetables recipe, Chinese Recipes
Recipe From : tarladalal.com2015-05-16 · 8 Treasure Vegetables recipe - How to make 8 Treasure Vegetables. Tags Chinese Vegetable Stir-fry Pan. Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins … ...
Eight Treasure Rice Pudding Lunar New Year Dessert Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comEight Treasure rice pudding(八寶飯) is a traditional Lunar New Year dessert, very popular in both China and Taiwan. The name comes from the eight different kinds of dried fruits, such as raisins or candied winter melon, that are considered key ingredients.In the Chinese tradition, the number eight … ...
Eight Treasure Rice | VEGETARIAN 'n' VEGAN Recipes ...
Recipe From : crystalbyblog.wordpress.com2007-10-02 · I bought a packet of eight treasure porridge at the super market and used it to cook Eight Treasure Rice instead. It is real simple and not to worry about the soaking part. Just wash the rice and add water to it in the morning and turn on the rice cooker at lunch or dinner time. This is a nutritious meal as it contained sticky rice, rice, crushed corn, red kidney bean, read bean, black rice ... ...
Eight Treasure Congee—Mixed Congee | China Sichuan Food
Recipe From : chinasichuanfood.com2014-11-18 · Pre-soak beans overnight and soak rice for at least 4 hours. Mix all the ingredients with 10 cups of water. Cook with strong heat to a boil, turn to low heat, … ...
- Pre-soak peanuts, mung beans and red beans, walnut for at least 4 hours and soak the rice for around 1 hour too. Place all the ingredients and pour around 6 cups of water. Cook for around 30 minutes until pressure mode or select beans option.
- Pre-soak beans overnight and soak rice for at least 4 hours. Mix all the ingredients with 10 cups of water. Cook with strong heat to a boil, turn to low heat, cover and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes until all the ingredients are soft to taste. Leave a gap between the pot edge and cover to prevent the boiling congee from blowing out.
Eight-Treasure Glutinous Rice Cake Recipe | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com...
8 Fried Rice Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals • Just One ...
Recipe From : justonecookbook.com...
- Easy Fried Rice. This basic fried rice is all about utilizing the pantry ingredients. You can rely on the flexible template and hustle up a satisfying meal that suits your needs.
- Japanese Garlic Fried Rice. Garlicky and buttery, this Japanese Garlic Fried Rice topped with garlic chips is perfect even for a Friday date night! Serve it with succulent grilled shrimp, miso soup, and a glass of your favorite wine.
- Salmon Fried Rice. If you have any salted salmon or baked salmon from leftover dinner, turn it into a delicious fried rice dish the next day! Plenty of flavor to a meal in under 30 minutes.
- Chashu Fried Rice. Homemade chashu is what sets this luxurious fried rice apart from the others. You can taste the umami flavor and toothsome texture of chashu in every bite.
- Kimchi Fried Rice. When you crave for something easy yet spicy, reach for the jar of kimchi in the refrigerator and make this fabulous fried rice. Topped with a fried egg, sesame seeds, Korean seaweed, and scallion, you get a great dinner in no time!
- Shrimp Fried Rice. Wok charred fried rice with sweet succulent shrimp and fluffy egg. Need we say more?
- Japanese Fried Rice with Edamame, Tofu, and Hijiki Seaweed. This fried rice is a copycat recipe for Trader Joe’s popular Japanese Fried Rice with Edamame, Tofu, and Hijiki Seaweed.
- Chicken Fried Rice – Inspired by Midnight Diner. Cooked with sweet and tangy ketchup-based sauce, this classic Chicken Fried Rice is a favorite among the children.
Eight Treasure Rice | Taste Show
Recipe From : tasteshow.comEight-Treasure Rice is a traditional Chinese New Year dessert and also served during festival banquets. This dish has lucky meanings. The number eight is a magic number for Chinese people. In Chinese, the number eight … ...
Eight Treasure Rice Pudding Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Sticky rice is layered with pineapple, dates, toasted nuts, and bean paste in this traditional Chinese eight treasure rice pudding recipe. By xiangxiangzui. Save Pin Print Share. Facebook Tweet. Email. Send Text Message. Gallery. Recipe … ...
- Rinse and soak rice in a bowl of water for 50 minutes. Drain well and transfer rice to a rice cooker; add 2 cups water.
- Cook rice according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl and cool for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and butter.
- Rinse and soak dates in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and slice dates in half and remove pits.
Our Best Rice Recipes | Food & Wine
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2021-05-05 · Ba Bao Fan (Eight-Treasure Rice) Ba Bao Fan. Credit: Charissa Fay. Get the Recipe. Sweet glutinous rice forms the backbone of this dessert, … ... Show details
Chukadon (Chinese-Style Rice Bowl) 中華丼 • Just One Cookbook
Recipe From : justonecookbook.com2021-02-24 · Add dense ingredients such as carrot, bamboo shoot, wood ear mushroom, and bottom part of napa cabbage and bok choy. Stir fry until 50% cooked through. … ...
- In a small bowl, soak dried wood ear mushrooms in water for 15 minutes and cut into smaller pieces. If you have time, soak for 6 hours; they'll be close to fresh wood ear mushrooms.
- Heat the wok (or large frying pan) over medium-high. When it’s hot, add 1 Tbsp oil and wait until the smoke starts to come off from the edge of the pan. Then add the shrimp and pork to the wok.
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for a month.
Eight Treasure Rice Pudding Chinese new year dish - Egg ...
Recipe From : eggwansfoododyssey.com2011-01-20 · Eight Treasures Rice Pudding is a traditional Chinese new year pudding. Eight treasures topping is made up with eight different kind of dried fruits, raisin and sweets. You can choose any ingredients which are easy for you to buy. Of course, you don’t have to use “eight… ...
- Soak round glutinous rice in cold water for 1 hour at least. Cook it in a rice cooker or steamer. Mix the cooked rice with sunflower oil and salt when it’s still hot.
- Brush some oil on a medium size bowl and cut the sugar glazed cherry in half. Place the dried fruits and sugar glazed cherries as shown in the photos.
- Put half of the cooked glutinous rice in the bowl and press down a little bit then put 100g red bean paste in the middle.
- Use a little bit of glutinous rice to cover the red bean paste and place the sugar lotus seeds and sugar glazed cherries around the bowl.