Greek Olive Bread
GREEK OLIVE BREAD
this just makes you want to get up and shout "opa", just don't throw any plates!
Time: 195 minutes
- add all ingredients , except olives to machine in this order
- cook on the basic cycle
- add olives before the end of the first kneading cycle , or at the beep
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- kalamata olive
GREEK OLIVE BREAD
This recipe is different from the ones that are posted. It comes from "My Great Recipes", and is absolutely delicious. I am posting the original directions, but I like to bake it in a large loaf pan.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Retired Greyhound M
Yield 1 Loaf, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk (heated to 105 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- 15 pimentos, stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup feta (cut into cubes) or 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 t. water
GREEK OLIVE BREAD
Nuggets of feta cheese and olives stud this delicious loaf, perfect with grilled or barbecued lamb or chicken.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Olha7397
Yield 1 bread
- In a large mixing bowl stir 3 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt together.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the 2 tablespoons olive oil and the water.
- Stir until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour.
- Scrape dough out onto the floured surface.
- Dust the top of the dough with flour.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and develops small bubbles just under the surface, about 5 minutes, adding more flour if the dough gets sticky.
- Place in a clean, greased bowl, turning to grease all over.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down the dough and pat it into a ½ inch thick circle.
- Sprinkle with the olives and cheese.
- Knead the dough lightly to incorporate the ingredients, then shape into a ball.
- Pat out to make a circle 8 inches in diameter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- With a 3-inch round cutter, cut a circle in the center but leave the round of dough in place.
- (You can bake the removed center alongside the bread; it will probably cook faster than the circular loaf.) Brush the dough with the 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Cover and let rise until puffy, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is a rich golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack before slicing.
- Makes 1 round loaf.
- Beatrice Ojakangas Baking Book.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 3 -3 1/2 cups bread or 3 -3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 3/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast or 1 (2 3/4 teaspoon) package fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted oil-cured olives or 1 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation healthy breads eggs-dairy greek bread-machine easy european kosher cheese dietary yeast equipment small-appliance number-of-servings 3-steps-or-less 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
More recipes about Greek Olive Bread recipes
Greek Olive Bread Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 4 tablespoons oil, sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. ...
Homemade Greek Olive Bread - Dimitras Dishes
Recipe From : dimitrasdishes.com2021-02-25 · Homemade Greek Olive Bread How do you make Homemade Greek olive bread? Make the dough: Combine all of the starter ingredients into the bowl of a … ...
Eliopsomo: Greek Olive Bread - Dimitras Dishes
Recipe From : dimitrasdishes.com2020-08-03 · The Greek word eliopsomo translates to olive (elia) bread (psomi). Homemade bread is the ultimate comfort food. The addition of olives makes this a festive bread that is perfect for entertaining. Homemade bread is easier to make than one would imagine. With a few pieces of kitchen equipment, you could very easily make bakery-quality bread … ...
- Combine the wet ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment and set aside for 8 minutes or until the yeast is activated. As soon as a foamy cloud appears on top of the liquid the yeast is active. If this does not happen, discard the mixture and start over with a fresh batch of yeast.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Add them to the yeast mixture along with 1.4 cup olive oil and the rosemary. Knead on low speed for 8 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in the warmest part of your home for 1-2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface and cut it into 4 pieces. Stretch each piece of dough as much as possible without tearing. Approximately 10 inches in diameter. Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil on 3 of the dough circles and distribute the olives evenly on top of each piece. Stack the pieces of dough on top of each other and form into a ball by bringing all of the ends towards the center.
Rustic Greek Olive Bread | Savor the Flavour
Recipe From : savortheflavour.com2019-07-05 · Olive bread is a crusty vegan loaf dotted with kalamata olives. This simple white bread recipe is easy to make and delicious with soup or in a sandwich. Dip each slice into olive oil to make an incredible Mediterranean appetizer! ...
Easy Rustic Olive Bread - The Wanderlust Kitchen
Recipe From : thewanderlustkitchen.com2019-01-18 · Here are all the steps to make this easy, homemade olive bread recipe. Combine the first six ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use a spatula to roughly combine the ingredients. Let rest for 15 minutes to activate the yeast. ...
Easy Greek olive and oregano bread | Taking the guesswork ...
Recipe From : miakouppa.com2021-01-19 · Instructions. In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer combine the yeast, water, flour, salt, olive oil and the oregano. With a rubber spatula mix the ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes. Next, gently fold into your dough the chopped Kalamata olives. Using the bread … ...
- In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer combine the yeast, water, flour, salt, olive oil and the oregano. With a rubber spatula mix the ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Next, gently fold into your dough the chopped Kalamata olives. Using the bread hook of your mixer, mix on low-medium speed for 5 minutes. If you find the dough sticking to the side of your bowl, sprinkle in some additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer your dough to a well greased bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place your bowl in a warm place for 60-70 minutes.
- After this first rising, punch the dough down and shape your bread loaf. Place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet, and let rise, loosely covered, for an additional hour, in a warm place. For help on how to shape the bread, watch this video.
Mediterranean Black Olive Bread Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1999-03-20 · Directions. In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, black olives, olive oil, and water. Turn out dough onto a floured board. Knead until smooth … ...
Greek Bread Recipes - Lemon & Olives
Recipe From : lemonandolives.comGreek Bread Recipes. Below is our growing collection of bread recipes that are both traditional Greek breads as well as Greek Mediterranean inspired breads. Greek Sesame Bread Rings … Read More. Homemade Pita Bread … Read More. Cinnamon Twist Bread … Read More. Halloumi Cheese Rolls … Read More. Lagana Bread | Clean Monday Traditional Bread … Read More. Feta And Oregano Bread ... ... Show details
Crusty Homemade Mediterranean Olive Bread
Recipe From : foodnessgracious.com2019-03-06 · In looking for an olive and cheese bread, I found your great recipe. I added about 2/3 c. chopped comte cheese with 2/3 c. chopped olives. and 2 tbs olive oil, plus a bit of fresh pepper. After proofing, I formed the dough into two flat loaves and baked on parchment paper baking sheet at 375 for 45 min. Very nice crumb, and excellent flavor. Obviously I made this “mine” but really it was ... ...
Mediterranean Black Olive Bread - Olivia's Cuisine
Recipe From : oliviascuisine.com2015-11-24 · In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the salt and the bread flour. Mix on low, with the paddle attachment, just to combine. Add the yeast/water mixture and mix on low until a shaggy dough … ...
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast and the warm water. Cover with plastic or with a kitchen towel and let it proof for at least 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the salt and the bread flour. Mix on low, with the paddle attachment, just to combine.
- Add the yeast/water mixture and mix on low until a shaggy dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic and let the dough rise at a warm place (inside of the microwave - turned off! -, for example) for 10 to 24 hours. (See notes!)
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Place a 4qt Dutch oven into the preheated oven, without the lid, for 30 minutes.
Authentic Greek Recipes: Greek Olive Bread
Recipe From : realgreekrecipes.blogspot.comPrepare a round 25cm baking tin by buttering the bottom and sides and sprinkling a little flour in it. Place the dough in it and again allow it to double in size. Bake in a pre … ...
Greek Olive and Onion Bread Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Combine the bread flour, salt, sugar, dill, garlic powder, olives, and cooked onions in a large bowl and mix well. Add the yeast mixture and the remaining 1 3/4 cup water. Mix well until the … ...
- Sprinkle the yeast over 1/2 cup of warm water in a small bowl. The water should be no more than 100 degrees F (40 degrees C). Let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and the onions. Cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until onions are soft. Remove the onions from heat and reserve.
- Combine the bread flour, salt, sugar, dill, garlic powder, olives, and cooked onions in a large bowl and mix well. Add the yeast mixture and the remaining 1 3/4 cup water. Mix well until the ingredients have pulled together and have formed a sticky dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
No-Knead, Easy Greek Olive Bread (Eliopsomo) - Marilena's ...
Recipe From : marilenaskitchen.com2018-03-02 · Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place a 12” cast iron skillet in the oven until it is very hot. Add the extra virgin olive oil, the chopped olives and the oregano to the bread dough and mix well with a spatula, folding over the dough and scrapping the sides of the bowl, until well incorporated. ...
Greek Olive and Onion Bread | King Arthur Baking
Recipe From : kingarthurbaking.comCombine the water, flours and yeast in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until fairly smooth, cover, and let the mixture rest at room temperature for 12 to 18 hours. To make the dough: Add the water, flour and salt to the starter, and stir to combine. Knead the dough … ...
- Stir until fairly smooth, cover, and let the mixture rest at room temperature for 12 to 18 hours., To make the dough: Add the water, flour and salt to the starter, and stir to combine.
- It'll be a bit dry and stiff at this point, but once you add the onion and olives and they release their juices it'll become soft., Allow the dough to rest, covered, for about 15 minutes., Knead in the olives and the onion, place the dough in a greased bowl, cover the bowl, and set the dough aside to rise for 1 1/2 hours, or until it's doubled in bulk., Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface., Divide it in half and form each half into a ball or an oval., Place the loaves on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, or one that's been dusted with cornmeal., Cover the loaves with lightly greased plastic wrap, or a reusable cover and allow them to rise for 1 hour, or until they're nearly doubled in size. (See "tips," below.), Preheat your oven to 450°F., Just before placing the loaves in the oven, make several slashes across the top of each, and spritz them generously with water., Bake the bread for 20 to 22 minutes, until it's golden brown and the loaves sound ho
Eliopsomo (olive bread) - Kopiaste..to Greek Hospitality
Recipe From : kopiaste.org2020-05-17 · Brush with olive oil and put the olives on top. Cover with cling film and a napkin and place in a warm place and let it rise. Preheat the oven to 200o C. Place the baking trays containing the olive breads on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Toss some water onto the hot baking sheet on the bottom rack and close the door. ...
Greek olive bread recipe (Eliopsomo) Me To Mati
Recipe From : metomati.com2019-07-21 · Add pitted black olives, onions, olive oil, chilli and knead the mixture until it comes together. Apply olive oil to 2 bread baking dishes or apply baking paper to bottoms of baking trays. … ...
Greek Olive Bread Recipe - Baker Recipes
Recipe From : bakerrecipes.com2002-06-04 · 1 c Water 2 tb Water 1 tb Olive Oil 3 c Bread Flour 2 tb Sugar 1 ts Salt 1 1/4 ts Yeast 1/2 c Olives; Ripe, Pitted,-Kalamata, Coarsely Chopped. Carefully, placing all ingredients except olives in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add olives at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.. Select basic/white cycle. ... Show details
Crusty & Rustic Olive Loaf Bread Recipe (VIDEO ...
Recipe From : foolproofliving.com2019-10-17 · An Olive Bread recipe based on one of my most popular recipes on the blog: No-Knead Bread. This Kalamata Olive Bread recipe is rustic, crusty, and simply divine. The olives give this 5-ingredient homemade loaf of bread a burst of savory, briny flavor, and beautiful pop of color. With a number of variations to make this bread loaf your own, it’s a simple recipe … ...
- Give it a mix using a wooden spoon. At this point, the dough needs to be quite sticky. Stir in the chopped olives and ensure that they are equally distributed throughout the batter. (Alternatively, you can use your clean hands to mix and feel the stickiness.)
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it sit in a warmer part of your house for 18-24 hours.In my tests, I found that the bread baked after 18 hours of rising time was perfect, but the 24-hour one was also good. One important thing to mention here is that at the end of the rising time you might see a thin (kind of hard - for the lack of a better word) layer at the top of the dough. Don’t be alarmed by that. In the next step, we will fold that into the dough and since it is a sticky one, the additional rising time will help soften it.
No Knead Greek Olive Bread recipe from Jenny Jones | Jenny ...
Recipe From : jennycancook.com2015-08-21 · Combine flours, salt, yeast, and olives in a large bowl. Stir in water until it’s well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours (even longer is fine). Dough will become puffy. ...
NO-KNEAD GREEK OLIVE BREAD - ful-filled
Recipe From : ful-filled.com2021-01-10 · Ingredients 4 cups (500g) unbleached bread flour or all-purpose flour (I like to use 375g bread flour + 125g white whole wheat flour) 3/4 tsp dry active yeast or instant yeast 1 tsp kosher salt ...
Delicious Brioche-style Olive Bread (Liopsomo) - My Greek Dish
Recipe From : mygreekdish.com2013-12-12 · To prepare this delicious olive bread, start by making the dough. In a large bowl, add the flour (250g), the sugar, salt and yeast and mix (using the dough hook of an electric mixer). Pour in the … ...
- To prepare this delicious olive bread, start by making the dough. In a large bowl, add the flour (250g), the sugar, salt and yeast and mix (using the dough hook of an electric mixer).
- Pour in the beer and mix, until absorbed. Pour in the olive oil and mix, until combined. (We use olive oil, instead of butter for a more Mediterranean flavour). Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting for each one to be absorbed, before adding another. At the end, add the rest of the flour (120g) and mix for 4-5 minutes (the dough should become sticky, so don’t try to add more flour).
- Coat a bowl with oil and place in the dough, sprinkle with some flour, cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise (in a warm place) for at least 1 hour, until it doubles its size. If you don’t have the time to wait or the environment you are is relatively cold, preheat the oven to 30C, turn it off and place the bowl in the oven.
- Deflate carefully the dough and stretch it out, using a rolling pin (or just your hands), like a pizza base (rectangular), approx. 0.4 cm thick. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and the olives, like topping a pizza. (you can use any kind of ingredients you prefer)