Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak
GRILLED BOURBON SKIRT STEAK
here's another found recipe that i haven't tried but sounds great and i want to save. i love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. i'll be making this soon to see if it's as good as it sounds. would be good with baked beans. finally made this and loved it. i made two small changes - added a teaspoon of liquid smoke to increase that smokey flavor and a teaspoon of fresh, grated garlic as we love it. it was so easy and sooooo good. try this and i don't think you'll be disappointed.
Time: 35 minutes
- in bowl , combine bourbon , brown sugar , soy sauce , worcestershire , tabasco , mustard and cornstarch , stir until sugar has dissolved
- place steak in bowl , pour marinade over meat , cover and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour
- preheat grill to medium-high heat
- remove stak from marinate , place on grill
- cook , turning once , 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare , or until done to your liking
- transfer steak to cutting board , cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes
- cut steak into thin slices , arrange on platter and serve
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- light brown sugar
- soy sauce
- worcestershire sauce
- tabasco sauce
- dijon mustard
- skirt steaks
GRILLED BOURBON SKIRT STEAK
Here's another found recipe that I haven't tried but sounds great and I want to save. I love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. I'll be making this soon to see if it's as good as it sounds. Would be good with baked beans. Finally made this and LOVED it. I made two small changes - added a teaspoon of liquid smoke to increase that smokey flavor and a teaspoon of fresh, grated garlic as we love it. It was so easy and sooooo good. Try this and I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
- In bowl, combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Tabasco, mustard and cornstarch, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place steak in bowl, pour marinade over meat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove stak from marinate, place on grill.
- Cook, turning once, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin slices, arrange on platter and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 lbs skirt steaks
GRILLED SKIRT STEAK
Make and share this Grilled Skirt Steak recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by iris5555
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
- Cut each steak in half crosswise.
- Put in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Stir together beer, orange juice, lime juice, hot sauce, and garlic, then pour over steaks.
- Seal bag and refrigerate at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat.
- Drain meat and discard marinade.
- Mix salt and cumin and rub into meat.
- Spray onions lightly with vegetable oil spray and set, with steaks, on a cleaned and oiled cooking grate. Don't cover.
- For medium-rare to medium doneness (cut to check), grill steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side if less than 1/2 inches thick; add 1 more minute per side if more than 1/2 inches thick. Turn steaks at least once while grilling (more if juice starts to pool on surface). Grill onions, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total.
- After removing steaks from grill, let rest 5 minutes (so juices redistribute through the meat) before slicing.
- With a sharp knife at a slight diagonal, cut across grain into thin strips.
- Serve meat and onions with tortillas, lime wedges, and hot sauce.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 2 (1 -1 1/2 lb) skirt steaks, trimmed of membrane and excess fat
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce, such as Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 large red onions, cut into 1/2-in .-thick slices
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- lime wedge
You'll also love
More recipes about Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak recipes
Grilled Bourbon Steaks - Spicy Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : spicysouthernkitchen.com2021-03-20 · Add steaks. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove steaks from bag and blot dry. Season well with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high. Add steaks and grill … ...
Kentucky Bourbon Skirt Steak | Williams Sonoma
Recipe From : williams-sonoma.com2013-08-23 · Preheat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinator and place it on the grill pan. Cook, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Transfer the steak … ...
Recipe: Grilled Bourbon Steaks | THIRTEEN - New York ...
Recipe From : thirteen.org2018-11-19 · Place 2 steaks in each of two 1-gallon zipper-lock bags and divide bourbon mixture between bags, about 1 cup each. Seal bags, turn to distribute marinade, and … ...
BOURBON GLAZED SKIRT STEAK recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com2015-09-24 · Allow steaks to rest in bag at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. Remove steaks from bag, grill for 15-20 minutes each side, then remove and … ...
Grilling The Perfect Bourbon Steak | Bourbon & Banter
Recipe From : bourbonbanter.com2020-10-29 · Pour about a quarter cup of bourbon on the steak and around it. Let it sizzle for 15 seconds or so, then, very carefully, light it with a long lighter or match. If you let it sizzle a bit, the flame will be controlled and manageable. If not… have the fire extinguisher and/or the fire department handy! ...
How to Make Grilled Bourbon Steaks - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.com2019-03-21 · Julia shows Bridget how to make Grilled Bourbon Steaks.Get the recipe for Grilled Bourbon Steaks: https://cooks.io/2Nr3L2WBuy our winning grill tongs: https:... ...
Grilled Bourbon Steaks | Cook's Country - Quick Recipes
Recipe From : cookscountry.comGrilled Bourbon Steaks. 0. PUBLISHED JUNE/JULY 2016. Why marinate rib eyes in bourbon? We wondered, too—until we tried it. SERVES 6 to 8. SEASON 10 Bourbon and Broccoli Hit the Grill. WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. Soaking meat in bourbon not only enhances its meatiness but also helps create good char. To get the maximum amount of smoky bourbon flavor into our steaks, we soaked four steaks … ...
How to Grill the Perfect Skirt Steak: Easy Skirt Steak ...
Recipe From : masterclass.com2019-05-01 · Prepare a grill by lightly oiling grates or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. For a gas grill, preheat to medium-high heat. Cook steak until a deep brown crust forms, about 2–3 minutes per side. Let the steak … ...
- 1. Pat the steak dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper. Let rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Rub steak with a light coat of oil.
- 2. Prepare a grill by lightly oiling grates or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. For a gas grill, preheat to medium-high heat. Cook steak until a deep brown crust forms, about 2–3 minutes per side.
- [Sharpen your culinary skills with Chef Gordon Ramsay](https://www.masterclass.com/classes/gordon-ramsay-teaches-cooking-restaurant-recipes-at-home).
Grilled Skirt Steak with Sticky Barbecue Onions Recipe ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2020-06-24 · Place the steak over direct heat and cook until it gets a nice char, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add a splash of oil, a pinch of salt and some pepper to a cutting board. Place the... ...
- Prepare a grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the hot coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only to medium-high heat.
- For the sticky barbecue onions: Heat a cast-iron skillet over direct heat. Melt the butter. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and cook until they begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, sugar, cayenne, cumin and paprika in a small bowl (see Cook's Note). Add the sauce to the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces and begins to get sticky, 8 to 10 minutes. Move over indirect heat to keep warm while you cook your steak.
- For the steak: Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper on both sides and bring to room temperature. Drizzle the steak with the oil and sprinkle with the oregano and paprika on both sides. Place the steak over direct heat and cook until it gets a nice char, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Add a splash of oil, a pinch of salt and some pepper to a cutting board. Place the steak on the seasoned oil on the cutting board, flip and rest 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and serve topped with the onions.
grilled bourbon skirt steak recipe - webetutorial
Recipe From : webetutorial.comGrilled bourbon skirt steak is the best recipe for foodies. It will take approx 35 minutes to cook. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make grilled bourbon skirt steak at your home.. The ingredients or substance mixture for grilled bourbon skirt steak recipe that are useful to cook such type of recipes are: ... Show details
Grilled Steak with Bourbon Garlic Butter-- - West Via Midwest
Recipe From : westviamidwest.com2020-07-01 · Early in the day you wish to make the butter, heat a burner to medium high. Add olive oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic and shallots and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add bourbon and cook … ...
- Early in the day you wish to make the butter, heat a burner to medium high. Add olive oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic and shallots and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add bourbon and cook for 5 minutes until all liquid is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- While garlic and shallots are cooling, in a mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and softened. Add cooled garlic/shallot mixture, salt, lemon zest and parsley-- blend well.
- Using a spatula scoop out butter and place on a piece of wax paper. Form into a log. Seal the edges and place in freezer to harden.
Grilled Flank Steak with Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Recipe ...
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2005-09-19 · Prepare grill to medium-high. Step 2 Sprinkle steak with rosemary, pepper, and kosher salt. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired … ...
- Sprinkle steak with rosemary, pepper, and kosher salt. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- While steak rests, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Chef John's Best Steak Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2021-05-07 · This cut of beef looks like skirt steak, but it's actually cheaper (usually) and equally delicious. "It did make for some extremely tasty Asian-style lettuce wraps," says Chef John. "You can use flap meat in so many other wonderful ways. You should try this in tacos or Philly cheese steak. I used the grilled meat with lettuce, carrots, red onions, chopped peanuts, and cilantro leaves to make a ... ... Show details
Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak Recipe - Food.com | Recipe ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comJul 8, 2015 - Here's another found recipe that I haven't tried but sounds great and I want to save. I love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. I'll be making this soon to see if it's as good as it sounds. Would be good with baked beans. Finally made this and LOVED it. I … ... Show details
Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak Recipe - Genius Kitchen ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comFeb 9, 2012 - Heres another found recipe that I havent tried but sounds great and I want to save. I love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. Ill be making this soon to see if its as good as it sounds. Would be good with baked beans. Finally made this and LOVED it. I made two small changes… ... Show details
Habanero Skirt Steak Burritos - Grilled
Recipe From : betterbegrilled.com2020-08-07 · Preheat your grill to 500°F; Place the marinated flank steaks on your hot grill grate and cook to desired doneness, between 3 to 6 minutes per side. Remove steaks from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place a cast iron skillet or griddle in your grill … ...
- Combine all Habanero Steak Marinade ingredients into a bowl. Place the skirt steaks in a large reclosable plastic bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Refrigerate and let marinate for 4 hours;
- Place the marinated flank steaks on your hot grill grate and cook to desired doneness, between 3 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from the grill and let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place a cast iron skillet or griddle in your grill to preheat.
Garlic Lime Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe - Idealist Foods
Recipe From : idealistfoods.com2018-08-19 · Get your grill nice and hot, make sure the coals underneath are nice and evenly spread out. Put your room temperature skirt steak on the grill, making sure to lay flat. Grill quickly 2 - 3 minutes … ...
- Slice the skirt steak thin and top with a little of the guacamole, pickled onions, and cilantro. Savor the deliciousness!
Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe | I Wash You Dry
Recipe From : iwashyoudry.com2020-07-23 · Combine the olive oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic and red pepper in a zip top plastic bag (or shallow baking dish). Place steak in bag and let marinate on counter top for 30 minutes.*. Preheat grill … ...
- Combine the olive oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic and red pepper in a zip top plastic bag (or shallow baking dish). Place steak in bag and let marinate on counter top for 30 minutes.*
- Preheat grill to high heat (at least 500 degrees or higher if possible), clean grates and brush with oil if needed.
- Remove steak from marinade (discard any remaining marinade) and sear on the hot grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing the steak AGAINST the grain into thin strips. Serve with the chimichurri sauce if desired.
Easy Grilled Skirt Steak - Foreman Grill Recipes
Recipe From : foremangrillrecipes.comPlace steak in a bowl with Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and let sit in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Preheat George Foreman Grill for at least 5 minutes on high … ...
Grilled Korean-Style Skirt Steak Recipe - Steven Raichlen ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Grill the steak over a medium-hot fire for about 6 minutes for medium-rare meat, turning occasionally. Step 3 Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, then slice across ... ...
- In a large glass baking dish, mix the soy sauce with the sesame oil, sugar, sake, minced garlic, chopped scallions and pepper. Add the skirt steak and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Light a grill. Lightly oil the grate. Grill the steak over a medium-hot fire for about 6 minutes for medium-rare meat, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, then slice across the grain. Serve the steak with lettuce leaves and chili paste and let diners wrap their own beef rolls.
Grilled Togarashi Skirt Steak | Bourbon Barrel Foods
Recipe From : bourbonbarrelfoods.comBluegrass Soy Sauce, Bourbon Smoked Togarashi, Entrées, Pure Cane Sorghum, Recipes Grilled Togarashi Skirt Steak. Print . Serves 4-6. Marinade: ¼ cup Bourbon Barrel Aged Sorghum. 3 Tbsp Bluegrass Soy Sauce. 1 Tbsp Korean chili paste (also known as gochujang) 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar. 1 tsp fish sauce. 3 Tbsp Bourbon Smoked Togarashi, plus extra for garnishing. Steak: 1.5-2 pounds skirt steak ... ...
Marinated Grilled Flank Steak - The Seasoned Mom
Recipe From : theseasonedmom.com2021-03-26 · Tender, juicy, and flavorful, this simple Grilled Flank Steak recipe is a family-favorite dinner! A Southern-style bourbon glaze finishes off the sweet-and-savory meat with a nice, crisp, sear. You'll love the unique marinated flank steak that's seasoned with Dijon, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce. It's delicious enough for entertaining, but also easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner! ...
Hanger Steak Sandwich with Bourbon Creamed Spinach Recipe ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2014-12-16 · Sprinkle the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add a light coat of oil and place the steak in the pan. Cook the steak almost to desired doneness,... ...
- For the glaze: Add the orange peel, bourbon, cherry juice and some black pepper to a small saucepan. Simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Your pot may flambe from the bourbon, don't worry- just wait until the alcohol burns off. Once reduced, turn off the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Sprinkle the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add a light coat of oil and place the steak in the pan. Cook the steak almost to desired doneness, depending on thickness, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Turn off the heat and glaze the steak on all sides in the pan while flipping. Remove the steak from the pan to rest.
- For the sandwich build: Pile some Bourbon Creamed Spinach on the bottom piece of the pretzel roll. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and place on top of the spinach. Top with some red onions and finish with the top of the roll. Repeat for the remaining sandwiches.
- Strain the thawed spinach in a colander and squeeze liquid out with a towel. Melt the butter in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the bourbon. Stir to combine, turn heat back on to medium and simmer 1 minute. Add the cream, and cook until the cream is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until melted, and then mix in the spinach to combine. Cover and cook over low heat until the spinach is tender, 8 to 10 minutes, and then season with salt and pepper.