Lamb And Polenta Lasagna
LAMB AND POLENTA LASAGNA
comfort food, italian-style: using canned tomatoes and store bought polenta. recipe comes from gourmet magazine.
Time: 90 minutes
- put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400f
- drain 1 can tomatoes , reserving juice , then break up tomatoes into 1 / 2-inch pieces with a spoon if necessary
- puree the second can of tomatoes , including juice and reserved juice , 1 / 4 teaspoon salt and 1 / 8 teaspoon allspice in a blender or use hand blender , until smooth
- transfer tomato puree to a 2-quart heavy saucepan and boil uncovered , stirring occasionally , until reduced to about 1 / 2 cup , about 20 minutes , remove from heat
- heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot , then brown lamb with 1 / 2 teaspoon salt and 1 / 4 teaspoon black pepper , and remaining 1 / 2 teaspoon allspice , stirring and breaking up lumps , about 5 minutes
- add drained tomatoes and cook , stirring occasionally , until juices are absorbed , about 1 minute
- cut polenta into 1 / 4-inch-thick slices with a sharp knife and cover bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate with half of polenta slices
- scatter half of lamb mixture over polenta , then top with half of mozzarella , then remaining polenta
- scatter remaining lamb on top and spread tomato sauce over meat , then top with remaining mozzarella
- bake , uncovered , until bubbling and beginning to brown , about 20 minutes
- let stand , loosely covered with foil , 15 minutes before serving , enjoy
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- stewed tomatoes
- ground allspice
- ground lamb
- prepared polenta
- whole milk mozzarella
- black pepper
LAMB AND POLENTA LASAGNA
Comfort food, Italian-style: using canned tomatoes and store bought polenta. Recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Barb G.
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain 1 can tomatoes, reserving juice, then break up tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces with a spoon if necessary; puree the second can of tomatoes,including juice and reserved juice (from other can), 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon allspice in a blender OR use hand blender, until smooth.
- Transfer tomato puree to a 2-quart heavy saucepan and boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes, remove from heat.
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot, then brown lamb with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon allspice, stirring and breaking up lumps (but leaving meat slightly chunky), about 5 minutes; add drained tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until juices are absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Cut polenta into 1/4-inch-thick slices with a sharp knife and cover bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate with half of polenta slices (overlapping slightly); scatter half of lamb mixture over polenta, then top with half of mozzarella, then remaining polenta; scatter remaining lamb on top and spread tomato sauce over meat, then top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbling and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes; let stand, loosely covered with foil, 15 minutes before serving, Enjoy.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 ground allspice, plus
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ready-made plain prepared polenta (in a plastic-wrapped roll)
- 1/2 lb whole milk mozzarella, coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Make and share this Polenta Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Manami
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce into an 8" square baking dish to cover bottom, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sausage; cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasononing; saute 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add marinara sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Arrange 9 polenta slices over marinara in baking dish, and top evenly with half of vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over vegetable mixture; arrange remaining polenta over cheese.
- Top the polenta with remaining vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with a nice Chianti or other robust red wine.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup ground turkey, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- italian seasoning, to sprinkle
- 1 (16 ounce) package polenta, cut into 18 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion main-dish eggs-dairy lamb-sheep oven potluck grains cheese food-processor-blender stove-top dietary one-dish-meal comfort-food meat pasta-rice-and-grains taste-mood to-go equipment small-appliance presentation served-hot 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
More recipes about Lamb and Polenta Lasagna recipes
Lamb and Polenta "Lasagne" recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com2005-02-01 · Scatter half of lamb mixture over polenta, then top with half of mozzarella, then remaining polenta. Scatter remaining lamb on top and spread tomato sauce … ...
Lamb Lasagna With Parmesan Polenta | Taste And See
Recipe From : tasteandsee.com2020-06-18 · Heat a large saucepan with olive oil over medium high heat and saute onions for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and … ...
- Make the Parmesan Polenta and while it is still warm, pour it evenly into the baking dish. Allow it to rest on the counter.
- Heat a large saucepan with olive oil over medium high heat and saute onions for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Lamb Lasagna With Polenta: An Italian Way To Eat Lamb ...
Recipe From : puslinchtoday.ca2018-12-21 · In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium high heat and sauté onions for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add ground lamb and season with another 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, allspice, … ...
World Best Lamb Recipes: Lamb And Polenta Lasagna
Recipe From : worldbestlambrecipes.blogspot.comLamb And Polenta Lasagna Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins Preparation Time: 30 ... 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice ; 1 lb ground lamb ; 1 lb ready-made plain prepared polenta (in a plastic-wrapped roll) 1/2 lb whole milk mozzarella, coarsely grated (about 1 cup) 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided ; 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ; Recipe. 1 put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°f. 2 drain 1 can ... ... Show details
Braised Lamb Shanks with Creamy Polenta - The Original Dish
Recipe From : theoriginaldish.com2020-09-21 · Season the lamb shanks with a generous pinch of salt on all sides. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Once hot, work in batches to sear the lamb shanks, … ...
- Season the lamb shanks with a generous pinch of salt on all sides. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Once hot, work in batches to sear the lamb shanks, about 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the lamb to a plate.
- Add the shallot and onion to the pot. Saute for about 6 minutes until beginning to caramelize, stirring often. Add the garlic, fennel seeds, and a pinch of salt. Stir well and cook for another minute or so. Add the carrots. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the roma tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste. Add the red wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, oregano, and rosemary.
- Add the lamb shanks to the liquid. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 1 ½ hours. Remove the lid and continue to gently simmer for another hour, or until the lamb is fork tender and the sauce has reduced.
Delicious Italian Lamb Lasagna – The Pasta Project
Recipe From : the-pasta-project.com2018-03-20 · This lamb lasagna recipe is not my invention. Although not a traditional lasagne al forno, there are many Italian recipes for this dish. Lasagne al forno is a popular choice in Italy for family lunches and when feeding large numbers. Making a lamb lasagna at Easter combines two culinary traditions and has become very popular. Some recipes for lamb lasagna … ...
- Clean the celery and carrot and chop finely. Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the lamb into small cubes.
- Put a pot of water onto to boil for the pasta if you are using dried lasagne sheets. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again. Cook the pasta sheets for only half the recommended cooking time. You may want to add a little oil to the water to stop them sticking together or cook them a few at a time.
- Once everything is ready assemble your lamb lasagna. I start with a layer of ragu and some béchamel. Then I make a layer of pasta, with ragu and béchamel on top. Then another layer of pasta, ragu and béchamel.
Polenta Lasagna Recipe - The Daring Gourmet
Recipe From : daringgourmet.com2013-02-18 · Spoon half of the sauce evenly over the polenta squares and top with half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan-Reggiano. Arrange the remaining 4 polenta squares on top and cover with the remaining sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan-Reggiano cheeses. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the sauce … ...
Lamb Lasagna Recipe | Cooking On The Weekends
Recipe From : cookingontheweekends.com2017-03-14 · In a large bowl or baking dish, mix the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, rosemary and thyme. Add the lamb and mix to be sure all of the pieces are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate for 30 minutes. While the lamb … ...
- In a large bowl or baking dish, mix the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, rosemary and thyme. Add the lamb and mix to be sure all of the pieces are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the lamb is marinating, coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with olive oil and place it over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste and mix, and cook until it’s very aromatic, about 1 minute. It’s okay if some of the tomato paste browns on the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat off until the lamb has marinated for 30 minutes — then, turn the heat to medium-high and add it to the onions. Stirring often, cook for about 5 minutes.
RAW 4: Lamb and Polenta “Lasagna” | What's More to Love
Recipe From : whatsmoretolove.wordpress.com2012-01-30 · Lamb and Polenta “Lasagna” Sunday rolled around quickly, and I still hadn’t made a new recipe yet this week. My laziness was routing for another quick, non-bake faux recipe, but my inner chef wanted something a bit more. So I compromised and searched for recipes only using 5 ingredients, which brought me to Lamb and Polenta Lasagna. ... Show details
Lamb Lasagna With Parmesan Polenta - Plain.Recipes
Recipe From : plain.recipesAdd ground lamb and season with another 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, allspice, and cayenne, then saute for 7 minutes. Add in the rest of the salt and pepper, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Cook 10 more minutes uncovered. ... Show details
Slow Cooked Lamb with Creamy Polenta - Veena Azmanov
Recipe From : veenaazmanov.com2017-10-06 · Sear and saute. Using a sturdy cutting board and chefs knife cut lamb into bitesize pieces not too small. Season with Salt and pepper. Coat well in flour and dust off excess. Set aside. Add 2 … ...
Polenta "Lasagna" | Italian Food Forever
Recipe From : italianfoodforever.com2019-02-06 · Instructions To prepare the polenta, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the salt and oil, and slowly whisk in the cornmeal. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat, whisking continuously … ...
Angie's Polenta Lasagna Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2017-10-07 · Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the meat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Mix in the tomato sauce and pasta sauce until thoroughly combined; bring to a simmer. Remove the polenta … ...
- Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the meat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Mix in the tomato sauce and pasta sauce until thoroughly combined; bring to a simmer.
- Remove the polenta from its package, and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Lay the slices in a single layer in a 9x12-inch baking dish. Top each polenta slice with a tablespoon or two of the chive cottage cheese (use all the cottage cheese). Pour the sauce evenly over the cottage cheese, and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
Lamb Lasagna with Parmesan Polenta - Foods and diet
Recipe From : foodsanddiet.com2021-01-26 · Desscription Creamy Parmesan polenta, with ground lamb, tomatoes, onions, & garlic, topped w/mozzarella cheese. Easy, gluten-free and delicious! Please visit my blog Taste and See for more delicious recipes! Ingredients Pam or other cooking spray 5 cups cooked Parmesan Polenta 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 large onion, chopped 4 large garlic cloves, minced 1Â½ teaspoon salt and … ... Show details
Mediterranean Lamb Shanks with Creamy Polenta recipe ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com2003-10-01 · Preparation. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat. Add lamb; brown on … ...
Braised Lamb Shanks with Gremolata and Baked Polenta ...
Recipe From : bonappetit.com2013-09-19 · Preheat oven to 350°. Stir polenta, oil, salt, and 7½ cups water in a 13x9x2” baking dish to blend. Bake, uncovered, for 1¼ hours. Stir in cheese and butter and … ...
- Place lamb on a large rimmed baking sheet; season all over with 2 Tbsp. salt and generously with pepper. Mix rosemary, fennel seeds, and grated garlic in a small bowl; massage into lamb. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or, preferably, chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large wide heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 8–10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, flour, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir vigorously to distribute flour. Cook, stirring often, until mixture becomes dry, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and wine. Simmer briskly, stirring often, until juices thicken and tomatoes begin to break down, about 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir in 4 cups broth. Simmer until flavors meld, 3–4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lamb shanks to pot in a single layer, pushing them down into sauce (add additional broth if needed so that shanks are about ¾ submerged).
Lamb Stew with Polenta - Rachael Ray In Season
Recipe From : rachaelraymag.com2015-01-08 · Season the lamb with salt and pepper. In a 5-to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium- high. Working in batches, brown the lamb on all sides, adding … ...
- Working in batches, brown the lamb on all sides, adding more oil as needed and reducing the heat if the lamb begins to burn, about 5 minutes per batch.
Lamb Leg with Polenta | Shepherd Song Farm | Grass Fed ...
Recipe From : shepherdsongfarm.com2017-11-19 · Polenta. Before you cook the lamb, cook the polenta. Bring four cups of lightly seasoned water to a simmer, then whisk in the polenta. Slowly simmer until tender adding water when needed, about 90 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Grease a pan with grapeseed oil and spread out polenta … ...
- Before you cook the lamb, cook the polenta. Bring four cups of lightly seasoned water to a simmer, then whisk in the polenta.
- Slice red onions thin, trim broccoli rabe into manageable sizes, slice Fresno chili peppers and ramps thin and drizzle the cooking surface or skillet with oil.
Lamb and Polenta Lasagna Recipe - Food.com | Recipe ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comJan 23, 2015 - Comfort food, Italian-style: using canned tomatoes and store bought polenta. Recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine. ... Show details
Lamb Ragu Lasagna - Catelli Brothers
Recipe From : catellibrothers.comLamb Ragu Lasagna. Servings: 12. Prep Time: 45 mins. Cook Time: 4-6 hrs., plus 1 hr. Ingredients. Lamb Ragu. 3 1/2 pounds lamb cubes ; 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole peeled tomatoes; 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces) 1 medium yellow sweet onion, finely diced; 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried) 4 garlic cloves, minced; 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt. Filling. 3 containers (15 ounces ... ... Show details
Polenta Lasagna - A Duck's Oven - Easy recipes with a ...
Recipe From : aducksoven.com2020-01-05 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice polenta logs into slices a little thinner than 1/2 inch. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with the egg and set aside. Spoon about … ...
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9×12 inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
Greek Lamb and Feta Lasagna Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2013-01-23 · Preheat oven to 375°. Advertisement. Step 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through beef); cook 14 minutes or until lamb … ...
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through beef); cook 14 minutes or until lamb and beef are browned, stirring to crumble. Add stock to pan; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine ricotta and rind in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture over one side of each lasagna noodle.
- Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7–inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta side up, over tomato mixture; top with 2 cups tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese. Cover with foil; bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.