Leg Of Lamb With Bacon
LEG OF LAMB WITH BACON
this comes from a wine company. i haven't made it, but am keen to.
Time: 95 minutes
- preheat the oven to 220c cream the butter , anchovies , rosemary and garlic and smear all over the surface of the meat
- lay bacon on a board , overlapping to form a rectangle
- roll bacon around lamb and tie at regular intervals
- place the lamb in a roasting tin and pour the wine around evenly
- tuck in remaining sprigs of rosemary and pour over the lemon juice
- put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes
- turn the oven temperature down to 180c and roast the lamb for a further hour , or more if you like your meat well-done
- baste from time to time with the wine juices
- take the meat out of the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 15 minutes before carving
- meanwhile , taste the juices and add pepper
- during the roasting process the wine should have reduced and mingled with the meat juices and anchovy butter to make a delicious gravy
- if you find it too thin , reduce to the desired consistency
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- leg of lamb
- white wine
- lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
LEG OF LAMB WITH BACON
Make and share this Leg of Lamb With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C Cream the butter, anchovies, rosemary and garlic and smear all over the surface of the meat.
- Lay bacon on a board, overlapping to form a rectangle.
- Roll bacon around Lamb and tie at regular intervals.
- Place the Lamb in a roasting tin and pour the wine around evenly.
- Tuck in remaining sprigs of rosemary and pour over the lemon juice.
- Put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 180C and roast the Lamb for a further hour, or more if you like your meat well-done.
- Baste from time to time with the wine juices.
- Take the meat out of the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, taste the juices and add pepper (and salt if necessary).
- During the roasting process the wine should have reduced and mingled with the meat juices and anchovy butter to make a delicious gravy.
- If you find it too thin, reduce to the desired consistency.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 75 g butter, softened
- 2 (50 g) cans anchovies
- 1 bunch rosemary, half finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 7/8 kg leg of lamb, deboned
- 375 ml white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
bacon time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion south-west-pacific main-dish lamb-sheep pork oven dinner-party holiday-event dietary meat taste-mood savory equipment presentation served-hot 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
More recipes about Leg of Lamb With Bacon recipes
Bacon-Wrapped Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Reduction Recipe ...
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-07-10 · Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Step 3 Roast lamb in the preheated oven until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the leg, … ...
- Trim excess fat and thin membrane from leg of lamb; place into roasting pan. Cut slits in the meat and insert garlic slivers into slits. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and rosemary in a small bowl; brush mixture over lamb. Lay bacon slices onto the meat. Let roast stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roast lamb in the preheated oven until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the leg, not touching bone, reads 145 degrees F (65 degrees C) for medium-rare or 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) for medium, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Transfer lamb to a serving platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand while you make the sauce.
- Skim and discard excess grease from pan drippings left in roasting pan; place roasting pan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in drippings until translucent, about 5 minutes; pour in wine. Stir wine and pan drippings, scraping up and dissolving brown bits of food stuck on the bottom of the pan. Pour in stock, bring sauce to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Stir tomato paste into sauce, bring to a simmer, and cook until sauce has reduced to about 1 cup. Season with salt and black pepper. For a smoother sauce, strain before serving.
Garlic and Bacon-Stuffed Leg of Lamb with Rosemary ...
Recipe From : canadianliving.com2007-12-20 · Cut tiny slits all over lamb; insert garlic slivers and bacon. Brush oil over lamb. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast on rack in roasting pan in 325°F (160°C) oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers … ... Show details
Grilled Leg of Lamb with Bacon Fat Tortillas – Andrew Zimmern
Recipe From : andrewzimmern.comIn a food processor, combine the tomatillos with the cilantro, mint, serrano chile and the 1 tablespoon of lime juice and pulse until nearly smooth. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and lime juice. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and stir in the onion. ... Show details
Bacon-wrapped Lamb Roast – that paleo couple
Recipe From : thatpaleocouple.com2015-12-16 · Combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper with a mortar and pestle into a paste. Unwrap the leg of lamb over the baking pan, allowing the juices to drain into the bottom of the pan. Set the lamb on the rack and rub the garlic paste along the inside. Roll up the leg of lamb. ...
Lamb or Goat Bacon | 100% Grass Fed | Shepherd Song Farm
Recipe From : shepherdsongfarm.com2019-02-21 · A chef secret, lamb and goat bacon can be made from the same cut as pork bacon. Lambs and goat are smaller than pigs, but in the case of bacon, it’s a benefit, especially if you’d like to try your hand at making bacon at home, as in this recipe. This is a tried and true blend of seasonings from Chef Alan Bergo that’s gauranteed to make delicious bacon from our grass fed lamb … ...
- Wearing gloves, rub the goat or lamb belly with exactly 6 ounces of the cure, or 1 cup for the total 2 lbs of meat. (Weighing the seasonings helps ensure things don’t come out too salty.) Rub the cure in well, massaging it in to ensure proper seasoning. Refrigerate the meat for 2 days. If using fat caps, score the meat with a cross hatch pattern to help release fat.
- Meanwhile, cover the wood chips with water and store in a cool place in a covered container that won’t absorb scents, like a metal mixing bowl covered with cling film, for example. The woodchips can be prepared 24 hours or more in advance.
- To prepare the bacon for cooking, drain the woodchips and reserve, then start a grill. Remove the goat from the fridge. Move the coals to one side of the grill when they’re very hot to get one side as cool as possible, then put a handful of drained wood chips on the coals.
Leg-O-Lamb with Rosemary Au Jus Recipe | Guy Fieri | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-05-31 · With kitchen twine, tie the leg into an evenly shaped roast. Weave the bacon strips into the kitchen twine, along with the rosemary. Put the lamb into a … ...
- In a food processor or blender, add the rosemary, garlic, balsamic and soy. Pulse several times to combine, then add the black pepper and the lime juice. Pulse, then stir in the lime zest.
- Trim the fat and sinew from the lamb leg. Put it in a resealable gallon plastic bag and pour in the in the marinade. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Strain and reserve the marinade.
- With kitchen twine, tie the leg into an evenly shaped roast. Weave the bacon strips into the kitchen twine, along with the rosemary. Put the lamb into a roasting pan and pour in the marinade. Roast for approximately 25 minutes per pound for medium-rare, about 1 hour 40 minutes. Internal temperature should register 145 to 155 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer when done. Baste occasionally with the pan juices.
17 Roast Leg of Lamb Recipes Worth Celebrating | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2021-01-11 · 400861 Dragan's Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Beer Image via Bigstock 650x465. View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. This irresistible leg of lamb is roasted with new potatoes, baby carrots, and 30 cloves of garlic. Generously basting with beer keeps it nice and moist during the cooking process. 4 of 17. ... Show details
Leg of Lamb Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comStuffed Leg of Lamb. Rating: 4.73 stars. 28. Rolled leg of lamb stuffed with spinach, goat's cheese and pine nuts. Suggested: Serve with Brussels sprouts cooked in butter and fresh garlic. A scrumptious Irish cuisine that is sure to please! By Patrick. Dragan's Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Beer. ... Show details
Roasted Leg of Lamb - Damn Delicious
Recipe From : damndelicious.net2019-04-06 · Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts. Place … ...
20 Amazing Leg of Lamb Recipes | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2021-03-04 · View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab. Leg of lamb is an easy, yet holiday-worthy, roast. Buzz together the flavorful salt seasoning in a food processor, and rub it onto the meat at least 12 hours before roasting. Trust an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure the lamb … ... Show details
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Leg of Lamb - Grilling 24x7
Recipe From : grilling24x7.com2019-04-16 · Set lamb in the middle of your bacon lattice, using the parchment fold the bacon over the lamb and continue to roll until bacon is completely covering lamb and the seam of the bacon is tucked underneath. Place lamb … ...
- Layout bacon on parchment paper starting with 8 strips not overlapping but right next to each other, then start at the top weaving in slices in the opposite direction to make a bacon weave.
- Set lamb in the middle of your bacon lattice, using the parchment fold the bacon over the lamb and continue to roll until bacon is completely covering lamb and the seam of the bacon is tucked underneath.
- Place lamb on a grill tray, smoke at approximately 300 degrees for about 90 minutes checking the internal temperature every 30 minutes.
Lamb Stew Recipe - NatashasKitchen.com
Recipe From : natashaskitchen.com2018-03-13 · While bacon cooks, season lamb pieces with 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat. Cook lamb in 2 batches in hot bacon grease over medium heat until browned (3-4 min per side) then transfer to the plate with bacon. … ...
- In a 5Qt dutch oven, saute chopped bacon over medium heat until browned and fat released. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a large plate.
- While bacon cooks, season lamb pieces with 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat. Cook lamb in 2 batches in hot bacon grease over medium heat until browned (3-4 min per side) then transfer to the plate with bacon.
- Add diced onion and sauté 2 min. Add garlic and cook another minute, stirring constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups wine, scraping the bottom to deglaze. Add sliced mushrooms, bring to simmer then cook uncovered 10 min. Preheat Oven to 325˚F.
- Return bacon and lamb to pot and add 4 cups broth, 1 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp dried thyme and 2 bay leaves. Stir in potatoes and carrots, making sure potatoes are mostly submerged in liquid. Bring to a boil then COVER and carefully transfer to preheated oven at 325˚F for 1 hr and 45 min. When done, potatoes and lamb will be very tender.**
Leg Of Lamb Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comButterflied Leg of Lamb Marinated in Yogurt and Mint. Recipe | Courtesy of Lobel's of New York. Total Time: 6 hours 45 minutes. 4 Reviews. ... Show details
Seriously Tasty Roast Leg of of Lamb Recipe | The ...
Recipe From : themediterraneandish.com2020-03-26 · Roasted Leg of Lamb Recipe: Step-by-Step. Step 1: Take lamb out of the fridge. Be sure to take the lamb out of the fridge for about 1 hour before cooking to get … ...
- Take the leg of lamb out of the refrigerator and leave in room temperature for about 1 hour. In the meantime, prepare the remaining ingredients and make the lamb rub.
- To make the rub, in a food processor, combine the rub ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside (or in the fridge, if preparing in advance).
- Turn the oven on broil. Place the leg of lamb on a wire rack; place the rack directly on the top oven rack so that it's only a few inches away from the broiler element. Broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the leg of lamb is nicely seared. Remove from the oven, then adjust the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
Classic Stuffed Leg of Lamb Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comHeat the oven to 350 F/170 C/Gas Mark 4. Remove string from the leg of lamb and open out the joint, skin side down. Slash any thicker parts of meat, so the joint lies flat on … ...
Recipes for Leg of Lamb | Food & Wine
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2017-03-23 · To cook the lamb so it's crusty on the outside and juicy within, Danika Boyle preheats the oven to 500° for at least 30 minutes before then reducing the temperature to 375° and roasting the meat.... ... Show details
Bacon Wrapped Lamb Recipe by Patti - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.com2015-03-30 · Sprinkle all over with rub. Make bacon weave and wrap around lamb. Sprinkle bacon wrapped lamb with rub. Now, into the smoke for 30 minutes before you turn the heat up to 350 degrees (177c). To prepare the grill for cooking, check your pellet supply – top off or change flavors as needed. Scrape grill grates off. ...
10 Best Leg of Lamb with Bone Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-05-31 · Slow Cooked Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary ElizabethMiglierina red wine, yukon gold potatoes, leg of lamb, salt, olive oil, garlic and 1 more Delmonico’s Chef’s Leg of Lamb The Globe - Toronto bay leaf, flour, chopped parsley, celery, … ... Show details
Bacon wrapped leg of Lamb – Flavor of Spice
Recipe From : flavorofspice.wordpress.com2015-03-31 · For this recipe I used hickory smoked uncured bacon . The smokiness of the bacon adds an extra dimension of flavor however if you cannot get smoked bacon regular uncured bacon can be used as an alternative. Ingredients. 1. 1/2 lb butterflied leg of lamb 2. 2 Sprigs of mint leaves 3. 2 tablespoon goat cheese 4. 2 shallots 5. 1 cup of pitted sour cherries 6. 3 strips of uncured bacon 7. 6 … ...
How to Roast a Bone-In Leg of Lamb - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.com...
Easy Leg of Lamb Roulade Recipe | Hostess At Heart
Recipe From : hostessatheart.com2019-12-16 · Put the rolled lamb roulade on a rack set in a roasting pan seam side down. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 130°F. Remove the lamb from the oven and let … ...
- Slice off the narrower end of the leg of lamb. Butterfly the roast by putting your non-dominant hand on top to hold it in place. Slice the roast to a 1-inch thickness, rolling it toward you as you go until you've sliced it into one flat piece.
- Using a food processor, chop the mushrooms, cheese, spinach, and pine nuts. Add enough oil to just bind the ingredients together.
Pancetta-Wrapped Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe - Michael White ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2013-12-07 · Preheat the oven to 375°. In a food processor, combine the anchovies with the garlic, thyme, rosemary, orange zest and olive oil and process to a smooth paste. Season with salt and … ...
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a food processor, combine the anchovies with the garlic, thyme, rosemary, orange zest and olive oil and process to a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper. Using a small paring knife, make 1 1/2-inch-deep slits all over the lamb. Spread the herb paste all over the lamb, working it into the slits; season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- On a large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper, overlap the pancetta slices to form a 12-by-15-inch rectangle. Set the lamb on the pancetta and wrap the plastic around the leg, pressing to help the pancetta adhere. Peel off the plastic and reposition any slices of pancetta. Using 7 or 8 long pieces of kitchen string, tie the roast at 1-inch intervals.
- Set the lamb in a roasting pan and scatter the onion, carrot and celery around it. Roast for about 2 1/4 hours, or until the pancetta is golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 140°. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set the roasting pan over high heat. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Strain the wine into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes. Skim the fat from the sauce and transfer to a gravy boat. Remove the kitchen string from the lamb and thinly slice the meat. Serve at once with the sauce.
10 Best Stuffed Leg of Lamb Stuffing Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-07 · Stuffed Leg of Lamb Just a Pinch Roma tomatoes, ground pepper, ground lamb, salt, mild pork sausage and 7 more Stuffed Leg of Lamb Dinner Then Dessert Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, leg of lamb and 2 more ... Show details
Leg of Lamb Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1998-12-18 · Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Advertisement. Step 2. Generously salt and pepper lamb. Smear the mustard all over the lamb and sprinkle it with a fine coating of flour. Place lamb … ...
- Generously salt and pepper lamb. Smear the mustard all over the lamb and sprinkle it with a fine coating of flour. Place lamb in a roasting pan and place slices of garlic over top. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- Roast uncovered at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) until desired doneness. About 20 minutes per pound for a pink roast. Remove from pan to a heated platter. Use the drippings to make a gravy by a little flour and water. Season with salt and pepper.