Mashed Potato Crust Pie
MASHED POTATO CRUST PIE
I cut this recipe out of the TOH or quick cooking magazine. This is a all in one dish meal. It can be made for OAMC or half made for dinner the day of preparation and freeze 2nd one for later dinner.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by diner524
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion, drain well. Stir in soups, beans and mushroom. Simmer until heated through. Meanwhile, combine hot mashed potatoes, egg, salt and pepper; mix well. Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in.x9-in.x2-in. baking dish or two greased 9-in. pie plates. Spoon ground beef into the potato crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle with french-fried onions and cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Note: If freezing don't include cheddar cheese or french-fried onions prior to freezing.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 -7 potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
CRISPY POTATO CRUST
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heavily oil a 9-inch metal pie pan. Squeeze out excess liquid from grated potatoes and place in large bowl. Mix in salt And egg until well combined. Press potatoes into pie pan and up the sides. If mixture is too sticky, dip fingers in flour. Bake crust for 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown, brushing occasionally with oil.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Spread grated cheese over bottom of potato crust. Spread out the onion and mushroom mixture over the cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk or beat together with a fork the eggs and the cream. Season mixture with salt and pepper and pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes or until firm. Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 3 Idaho potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- Salt and pepper
MASHED POTATO PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter crackers, egg, unsalted butter, russet potatoes, unsalted butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, green onion
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 10 serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter crackers in a food processor and blend until they are a fine, sandy texture. Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add egg and melted butter to the crumbled crackers. Stir until crumbs become a clumpy, wet sand texture. Place the cracker mixture in the base of a 9-inch (23-inch) pie dish to create the crust.
- Use a measuring cup to smooth the surface. Once the surface is smooth, use a fork to prick the base and sides of the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mash russet potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Once thoroughly mashed, add butter, ¼ cup(60 gram) sour cream, milk, salt and pepper and mix together with large spoon or spatula.
- Spread half of the mashed potatoes over the cooled cracker crust, about ¼-inch in thickness.
- Cover mashed potatoes with a layer of cheddar cheese, making sure to save some for the top.
- Spread the other half of mashed potatoes over the cheese layer. Sprinkle bacon bits and remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 60 butter crackers
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 11 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
You'll also love
More recipes about Mashed Potato Crust Pie recipes
10 Best Mashed Potato Pie Crust Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-05 · Chamberlain’s Pork Mignon with Lobster and Crabmeat Dynamite and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Pork. black pepper, caviar, salt, mashed potatoes, water, olive oil and 7 more. GUIDED. ... Show details
Chicken Pie with Mashed Potato Crust | So Delicious
Recipe From : sodelicious.recipes2018-02-05 · How to Cook Chicken Pie With Mashed Potato Crust For the potato mash: fill a cooking pot halfway with water and heat it over low-medium heat. Add the potatoes … ...
- Add the potatoes and the salt. Boil them for 15-20 minutes until fork tender, maybe just a little more to have them extra-tender.
- Put them into a bowl, add the butter, salt, and the milk and mash them together using a masher until creamy. Set it aside.
- For the chicken breast: heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the chicken breast halves. Also add 1/2 teaspoon salt, the paprika, and the thyme.
Vegetable Pot Pie / Pies With Mashed Potato Crust Recipe ...
Recipe From : food.com2005-06-27 · DIRECTIONS In a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil, and in it cook the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, and celery until tender, stirring occasionally. Mix the flour and milk in a measuring cup. Stir into the saucepan … ...
- In a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil, and in it cook the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, and celery until tender, stirring occasionally.
Mom's Two-Crust Potato Pie Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Fit a crust into a 9-inch pie dish, and fill with the potato mixture. Place the top crust on the pie, roll the edges together and crimp with a fork to seal. Stir the melted butter and 2 teaspoons of milk together in a small bowl, and brush the mixture all over the pie crust. … ...
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two. Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup milk, salt, and black pepper to make medium-stiff mashed potatoes; stir in the American cheese.
- Fit a crust into a 9-inch pie dish, and fill with the potato mixture. Place the top crust on the pie, roll the edges together and crimp with a fork to seal. Stir the melted butter and 2 teaspoons of milk together in a small bowl, and brush the mixture all over the pie crust. Cut several vent holes in the top of the crust.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes; if the edges are getting too brown, wrap them in aluminum foil.
Vegan Pot Pie with Mashed Potato Crust | The Stingy Vegan
Recipe From : thestingyvegan.com2019-11-19 · Instructions Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-heat. Add the onion and fry until soft and transparent the add the garlic and fry until soft and fragrant. Add the mushrooms and fry, … ...
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-heat. Add the onion and fry until soft and transparent the add the garlic and fry until soft and fragrant. Add the mushrooms and fry, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add the celery and carrots and fry, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the potatoes. You can peel, cube and boil them or you can leave them whole and unpeeled, pricked all over with a fork, and put them in the microwave. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, then flip and microwave for an additional 5 minutes. If they still cannot be easily pierced with a knife, continue microwaving in 2 minute intervals. Remove and let cool for a few minutes until you can peel the skin off but the potatoes are still warm.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to a bowl and mash. Add in 2 tablespoons of butter/oil and 2 tablespoons of cream/milk. Taste and add additional butter and/or milk if you think it’s necessary. Season with salt.
Potato Crust for Savory Pies from 1887 – everythingPIES.com
Recipe From : everythingpies.comPOTATO CRUST. Boil and mash a dozen medium-sized potatoes, add one good teaspoonful of salt, two tablespoonfuls of cold butter, and half a cupful of milk or cream. Stiffen with flour sufficient to roll out. Nice for the tops of meat pies. ... Show details
Easy to Make Cottage Pie with a Mashed Potato Crust | The ...
Recipe From : thehowtohome.com2014-10-08 · Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in ovenproof/stove top safe casserole. Saute celery, carrots and onion until softened, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, … ...
- Melt butter in ovenproof/stove top safe casserole. Saute celery, carrots and onion until softened, about 10 minutes.
Shepherd's Pie with Potato Crust Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com...
- Prepare Filling: Cook ground chuck in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly browned and tender. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave sweet potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl covered with plastic wrap at HIGH 5 minutes.
- Arrange about two-thirds of potato slices, edges slightly overlapping, in a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, covering bottom and sides.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- MAKE IT AHEAD Cook ground beef mixture, and cool completely. Refrigerate mixture up to two days. Add freshly cut potatoes, and bake.
Leftover Mashed Potato Crusted Quiche | Recipes
Recipe From : freshcityfarms.com2014-10-10 · Arrange onions, broccoli and cheese in the potato crust. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and other spices. Pour over broccoli and cheese. 6. ...
- 2. Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Jamie Oliver Recipe Turns Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into a ...
Recipe From : bloomberg.com2020-11-27 · Most compelling is his savory pie with a mashed potato “crust.” “I pair spring onions and tomatoes with oozy cheese to create the perfect flavor contrast with the soft, creamy mash—which ... ... Show details
Chicken Pot Pie with Herbed Mashed-Potato Crust Recipe ...
Recipe From : newengland.com2021-04-30 · Instructions In a large skillet, heat 1½ tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the leek and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 6 … ...
Broccoli Quiche with Mashed Potato Crust Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2000-08-20 · Mash the potatoes with milk and salt. Brush a deep 9 inch pie dish with olive oil and press the potatoes in. Brush with remaining olive oil. Bake in preheated oven … ...
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes with milk and salt. Brush a deep 9 inch pie dish with olive oil and press the potatoes in. Brush with remaining olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange onions, broccoli and cheese in the potato crust. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over broccoli and cheese.
Savory Mashed Potato Pie Recipe - Pillsbury.com
Recipe From : pillsbury.com2010-01-12 · Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch deep-dish glass pie pan or 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 … ...
Moms Best Mashed Potato Pie - 2 Sisters Recipes by Anna ...
Recipe From : 2sistersrecipes.com2020-01-23 · Peel and chop potatoes. In a large pot of boiling water, add the potatoes and boil for about 25 to 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are softened. Drain in a … ...
- Peel and chop potatoes. In a large pot of boiling water, add the potatoes and boil for about 25 to 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are softened. Drain in a colander. Place potatoes back into the pot.
- Using an immersion hand-stick blender, or an electric hand mixer, and beat the potatoes to a smooth and creamy texture for about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped mozzarella, milk, eggs, ham, and parsley.
Chicken Pot Pie with Mashed Potato Crust - Framed Cooks
Recipe From : framedcooks.com2017-10-29 · Start by making the potatoes: put the potatoes into a saucepan, cover them with water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. … ...
- Start by making the potatoes: put the potatoes into a saucepan, cover them with water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Mash with a potato masher and then add the pepper and the milk. Stir in half the scallions and set aside.
- In another large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and stir until they are starting to turn tender, about 3 minutes.
Jamie Oliver Turns Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into a ...
Recipe From : bloombergquint.com2020-11-27 · Most compelling is his savory pie with a mashed potato “crust.” “I pair spring onions and tomatoes with oozy cheese to create the perfect flavor contrast with the soft, creamy mash—which also has a pleasingly crispy outer edge,” says Oliver. In fact, the dish radiates comfort. Oliver calls for two kinds of cheddar in his dish, but it’s wide open to interpretation. “Feel free to ... ... Show details
No-Crust Beef and Mashed Potato Pie - AMISH Recipe ...
Recipe From : amish365.com2021-05-09 · Saute the onion in the shortening until tender and golden brown. Mix with the mashed potatoes, ground beef, and gravy. Thin the gravy with a little milk if it is a thick gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste and any other seasonings or flavorings you prefer. ...
Cottage Pie with Potato Crust | Southern Living
Recipe From : southernliving.com2020-04-24 · Prepared mashed potatoes will help you whip up this classic Cottage Pie with Potato Crust recipe with ease. You can even make up a double batch so you can freeze half for later. … ...
- Brown beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet using a slotted spoon; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat 10 to 11 minutes or until tender. Stir in ground beef, peas, and next 4 ingredients. Sprinkle flour over meat mixture. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, and vinegar, breaking up large tomato pieces with a spoon. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3-quart ovenproof skillet or baking dish.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions; let cool. Spoon cooled potatoes over beef mixture in skillet, smoothing gently with back of spoon.
Halibut Pot Pie with Mashed Potato Crust recipe ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com2006-11-01 · Preheat broiler. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add fennel and shallots. Cover; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. ...
Classic New England Fish Pie Recipe | The View from Great ...
Recipe From : theviewfromgreatisland.com2019-10-18 · Preheat the oven to 350F Put the milk and bayleaf in a saucepan over medium heat. Cut the fish into 4 or 5 pieces and add to the milk along with 1/2 tsp salt. … ...
- Put the milk and bayleaf in a saucepan over medium heat. Cut the fish into 4 or 5 pieces and add to the milk along with 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a gentle boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
- In a large pot melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and saute the parsnips and leeks for about 10 minutes over medium heat until softened. Stir often and don't allow them to burn.
Homemade Shepherd's Pie With Mashed Potato and Parmesan ...
Recipe From : delishably.com...
Mashed Potato Crust Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comDirections. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Prepare package frozen mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir in softened cream cheese until melted. Spoon hot potato mixture evenly over hot Barbecue Pot Pie … ...
- Prepare package frozen mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir in softened cream cheese until melted. Spoon hot potato mixture evenly over hot Barbecue Pot Pie mixture; sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.