Monte Cristo Crepes
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
- Preheat a griddle and deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the griddle. Dunk the Texas toast on both sides in the French Toast Custard and grill until golden brown. Flip and add 1 slice Swiss cheese to each slice of toast. Then add 3 ounces ham on top of 6 of the toast slices, then top the ham with another slice of Swiss cheese. Top each ham and cheese toast with a cheese only toast, to form 6 sandwiches. Cook until the cheese melts, then remove from griddle and cool. Dunk the cooled sandwiches in the pancake batter until fully covered and put into the fryer. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes. Serve with the Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup.
- Beat the eggs well, then add the sugar and mix until emulsified and all the sugar has dissolved. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and maple syrup to a saucepot. Place over medium heat and cook until fruit is soft, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then carefully puree with a hand blender.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- Unsalted butter, for griddling
- 12 slices Texas toast
- French Toast Custard, recipe follows
- 18 slices Swiss cheese
- 18 ounces shaved ham
- 16 ounces premade pancake batter
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup, recipe follows
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 ounces fresh rhubarb, large dice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ounces maple syrup
You'll also love
More recipes about Monte Cristo Crepes recipes
Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com...
Author: Food Network Kitchen
Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe - Serious Eats
Recipe From : seriouseats.com2019-05-28 · Inspired by the iconic breakfast sandwich, these Monte Cristo crepes are filled with ham, cheese, and a tangy jelly-mustard mixture (sounds weird, but we swear it works!), and then coated in an egg batter and pan-fried until golden. It's a masterpiece … ... Show details
Monte Cristo Crepes - Taste and Tell
Recipe From : tasteandtellblog.com2016-03-10 · Place 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of turkey on each crepe. If desired, microwave for a few seconds to slightly melt the cheese. Roll the crepes with the filling on the inside. Serve the filled crepes … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- In a blender, combine the milk, water, and eggs. Pulse to combine. Add in the flour and salt and pour the butter on top. Pulse again until all of the ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth. Cover the batter and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- To make the crepes, very lightly butter a large skillet (I use an 8-inch nonstick skillet) and place over medium low heat. Once hot, add about ¼ cup of batter to the skillet and using your wrist, tilt the pan around to spread the batter, forming an even, thin crepe. Let the batter cook for a minute or two, then loosen the sides with a rubber spatula and flip the crepe over. Cook the second side for another minute or two, then remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, only buttering the pan if the batter starts to stick. (I usually only butter it once in the beginning – sometimes I need to again halfway through, but not usually.)
- Place 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of turkey on each crepe. If desired, microwave for a few seconds to slightly melt the cheese. Roll the crepes with the filling on the inside.
Monte Cristo Crepes - Host The Toast
Recipe From : hostthetoast.com2019-04-19 · The classic sweet and savory sandwich gets transformed into the perfect rolled-up breakfast in the form of these Monte Cristo Crepes. Stuffed with ham, cheese, and a raspberry-dijon mixture, then dipped in egg and pan-fried … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 57 mins
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together jelly and mustard. Spread a thin, even layer of the jelly mixture over each crepe. Fold the crepes in half to form a semicircle with the jelly sandwiched inside. Top each folded crepe with a slice of each cheese and then layer 3 slices of ham on top of the cheese. If the rounded edge of the crepe is sticking out, fold it inward and tuck under the cheese then roll the crepe up tightly and set seam-side down. Repeat for remaining crepes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk in a generous pinch of kosher salt. Using tongs, briefly dip a crepe into the egg mixture. Allow excess to drip off and transfer to the skillet, seam-side down. Repeat with another crepe. Fry crepes until golden all over, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining crepes, frying two at a time and adding butter as needed.
Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe - lakegenevacountrymeats.com
Recipe From : lakegenevacountrymeats.comTo make the crepes: slightly butter a 8-inch non stick frying pan and place over medium low heat. Add 1/4 cup of batter and swirl the batter around the pan by turning your wrist. Let the crepe … ...
Category: Breakfast Recipes
Monte Cristo Crepes | A German in Seattle
Recipe From : dunjabounds.com2020-09-08 · Monte Cristo Crepes. Ingredients: makes 6-7 crepes. 2 eggs; 1 cup flour all purpose; 3/4 cup milk whole or 2%; 1/2 cup water; 3 tbsp butter melted, cooled off ; 1/4 teaspoon of salt; 6 thin slices of ham; 6 slices of Swiss Cheese or 6 oz. grated swiss cheese; Powdered Sugar; Blueberry syrup or jam; Directions: Add eggs, flour, milk, water and melted butter to the blender and mix well together ... ... Show details
Monte Cristo Crepes - Taking delicious recipes and making ...
Recipe From : keepingonpoint.com2020-02-27 · Combine the flour, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend together until the batter is smooth. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes. Preheat an 8″ … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
- Combine the flour, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend together until the batter is smooth. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add 1/3 cup of batter. Quickly turn the pan in all directions so the batter covers the entire pan.
- Let cook for about one minute. Use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge of the crepe and check if the bottom is cooked. Then flip over the crepe and let it cook another 20 seconds, or until done. Repeat until all crepes are cooked.
Monte Cristo Crêpes – the Chef Mimi Blog
Recipe From : chefmimiblog.com2021-02-26 · The traditional Monte Cristo sandwich recipe is generally the following: Firm sandwich bread slices Sliced Swiss cheese Jambon de Bayonne or other good thinly-sliced ham Strawberry jam (not preserves) or red currant jelly Mayo mixed with some whole-grain mustard Eggs whisked for dipping Butter for pan frying. The Monte Cristo … ... Show details
Hungry Jack - Sweet and Savory Monte Cristo Crepes
Recipe From : hungryjack.comLoosen and carefully turn crepe over; cook an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until bottom is light brown. SPREAD 1 heaping tablespoon mustard mixture on crepe. Place two slices each ham and cheese on one half of crepe. Fold crepe in half, then fold in half the other direction, forming a triangular shape. Repeat with remaining crepes. ...
Total Time: 35 mins
Calories: 260 per serving
The Backyard Farmwife Recipes: Monte Cristo Crepes
Recipe From : thebackyardfarmwiferecipes.blogspot.com2017-10-26 · The Backyard Farmwife Recipes Home; Crafts ; Farming; Homeschool; Thursday, October 26, 2017. Monte Cristo Crepes A Monte Cristo is one of my favorite sandwiches: ham, turkey and swiss grilled in egg battered bread, sprinkled with powered sugar and served with a side of berry jam. This week I re-created it with a non-carb crepe. The egg-y crepe is the perfect replacement for the bread. … ... Show details
Monte Cristo Chaffle Crepes - Low Carb Inspirations
Recipe From : lowcarbinspirations.com2019-10-24 · Monte Cristo Chaffle Crepes Recipe Instructions Mix all ingredients in a small blender. Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Pour 1 1/2 Tablespoons of batter in preheated dash griddle. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Monte cristo crepes recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comMonte cristo crepes recipe. Learn how to cook great Monte cristo crepes . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Monte cristo crepes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Monte cristo crepes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 100% Lebanese beef stew Crecipe.com It is a well known fact that Lebanese ... ... Show details
Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe – Beige Parfait
Recipe From : beigeparfait.myshopify.com2020-08-03 · Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe by collazo calvert August 3, 2020. Inspired by the iconic breakfast sandwich, these Monte Cristo crepes are filled with ham, cheese, and a tangy jelly-mustard mixture (sounds weird, but we swear it works!), and then coated in an egg batter and pan-fried until golden. It's a masterpiece of the sweet-and-savory genre, and it turns out it's just as good in crepe … ... Show details
Monte Cristo crêpes recipe | Eat Your Books
Recipe From : eatyourbooks.comSave this Monte Cristo crêpes recipe and more from Food Network Magazine, October 2015 to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com. Toggle navigation. EYB; Home. My Home; Forum; Blog; My Bookshelf . About My Bookshelf; Indexing; Add Personal Recipes; Library. Recipes; Online Recipes; Books; Indexed Books; Magazines; Blogs; Notes/Reviews; Browse our Cookbooks or Become a … ... Show details
Monte cristo crepes recipe recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comMonte cristo crepes recipe recipe. Learn how to cook great Monte cristo crepes recipe . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Monte cristo crepes recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Monte cristo crepes recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ... Show details
30 Great Crepe Recipes to Conquer Your Sweet or Savory Tooth
Recipe From : morningchores.com...
Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
- Basic Crêpe. This base recipe will get you started making crêpes. For the most part, this recipe doesn’t change. What does change is the filling inside of the Crêpes.
- Eggs Benedict Crêpe. Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite breakfast recipes if I’m looking for something a little bit more filling and on the “bad side” of breakfast food, given that it is not as healthy as other options.
- Monte Cristo Crêpes. Montecristo’s are typically made with French toast and provide a little bit of sweet and a bit of savory. If you’re looking for something in the middle, this would be the one to go for.
- Savory Spinach, Ricotta, and Bacon Crêpes. This is probably the crêpe recipe that I’m most looking forward to trying. The reason being is that I enjoy the bacon inside of my crêpe and I love spinach and ricotta cheese as well.
- Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese. I think the difference in this one is that it would make a good lunchtime meal instead of a breakfast meal. If you don’t believe in the boundaries of breakfast needing to be breakfast style food, then this should be a go-to recipe for your cookbook.
- Dill Crêpes with Smoked Salmon. This is where the creativeness comes in. Every year for the last two years at the competition that we go to, seafood was one of the ingredients.
- Chicken, Mushroom, and Pesto Crêpes. I am the only one in my house who likes mushrooms, so that’s one we wouldn’t use very much where I live. That being said, if I had them in my culinary kitchen, I would make this recipe in a flash because every one of my culinary students enjoys mushrooms.
- Pear, Turkey, and Brie Crêpes. This crêpe recipe makes me think of fall. To be honest, anything made by Williams-Sonoma is something that I am going to love because the recipes are delicious.
- Crab and Shrimp Crêpes. Another recipe that has me drooling is this crab and shrimp crêpe. The sauce almost reminds me of a fettuccine Alfredo type of sauce.
- Sausage and Apple Crêpes. This recipe by kitchen concoctions would be delicious in the fall. The taste of apples and sausage put together wrapped with a thin pancake and drizzled with sauce is perfect.
Monte Cristo Crepes | Best Brunch Recipes For Mother's Day ...
Recipe From : popsugar.com2020-05-09 · Monte Cristo Crepes. Made with ham, cheese, and a raspberry-dijon mixture, these crepes are a great brunch addition. Dip them in egg and pan-fry them with butter, and breakfast is served. Get the ... ...
Home Country: New York, NY
Author: Lauren Harano
Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe | Eathabesha
Recipe From : eathabesha.com2019-03-21 · Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe. Recipes . Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe. March 21, 2019. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest [Photograph: Morgan Eisenberg] Inspired by the iconic breakfast sandwich, these Monte Cristo crepes are filled with ham, cheese, and a tangy jelly-mustard mixture (sounds weird, but we swear it works!), and then coated in an egg batter and pan-fried until golden. … ... Show details
Monte Cristo Crepes - Taste and Tell | Recipe | Recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 10, 2016 - These Monte Cristo Crepes are sweet and savory and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner! Tender crepes are filled with cheese, ham and turkey and … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 1 min
Monte Cristo Crepes | Recipe | Food network recipes ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comDec 28, 2015 - Get Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe from Food Network. Dec 28, 2015 - Get Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe from Food Network. Dec 28, 2015 - Get Monte Cristo Crepes Recipe from Food Network. Pinterest. Today. Explore . When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in. Sign … ... Show details
Monte Cristo Crepes | Food, Savory crepes, Recipes
Recipe From : pinterest.caJun 30, 2018 - Monte Cristo Crepes ... Show details
Monte Cristo Recipe | Cooking Channel
Recipe From : cookingchanneltv.com2013-10-29 · Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Whisk together the half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs. Dip the bread into the batter and let soak for 1 minute. In a large pan over medium heat, add the butter and grapeseed oil. ...
Total Time: 30 mins
Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2000-07-11 · tradtional monte cristo are deep fried in a much thicker batter. I personally havent made this person recipe cause i have my own version of doing it. I used thick … ...
Category: Main Dish Recipes, Pork, Ham
Total Time: 20 mins
- Beat egg and milk in a small bowl. Coat the sandwich with the egg and milk mixture. Heat a greased skillet over medium heat, brown the sandwich on both sides. Serve hot.