No Peeking Stewed Potatoes
NO PEEKING STEWED POTATOES
place this in the crockpot; fix it and forget it. remember, no peeking.
Time: 195 minutes
- place all the ingredients in the crock pot in exact order given
- cover and cook about 3 hours
- remove lid and cook longer if less juice is desired
- potatoes may be left unattended for 5 to 6 hrs on low
- adjust salt to taste
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- white potatoes
- bacon grease
NO PEEKING STEWED POTATOES
Make and share this No Peeking Stewed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Shirl J 831
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot in exact order given.
- Cover and cook about 3 hours. Remove lid and cook longer if less juice is desired.
- Potatoes may be left unattended for 5 to 6 hrs on low.
- Adjust salt to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 6 -8 white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup bacon grease or 1/3 cup meat pan dripping, fried
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- water, to barely cover potatoes
When I was growing up, I was blessed to have my grandparents live in a downstairs apartment in our house. My grandmother would cook dinner (the noon meal) for whoever was there or happened to drop by. The leftovers were saved for supper (the evening meal) for she and my grandfather and for my brother and me as snacks when we...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Donna Brown
- 1. Cut peeled potatoes into quarters. Place in saucepan and cover with COLD water. Add salt and bring to a slow boil on stove eye. Cook on low heat (cooking on high heat with cause them to mush and not keep their shape). Add onion slice for flavor, remove it later if you don't want to serve the onion in the potatoes. When tender, add butter and thickening. For thickening - Put flour in a small container, add small amt. of salt, add small amt. of cold water and stir into a thin paste. (You may need to add a bit more water.) Stir until all flour lumps are dissolved. Add to potatoes and bring to a low boil. NOTE: As with any thickening, whether you are using flour or cornstarch, you must bring it to a boil for it to thicken properly. Boil until liquid is at desired thickness. Add black pepper as desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 4 - 5 (or whatever amt. needed) red potatoes, peeled and washed
- slice of onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 - 2 tsp flour
KATHY'S NO POTATO BEEF STEW
This is a recipe I concocted when I was trying to cut down on my carb intake. I don't watch my carbs as closely anymore, but I don't add the taters either. With all the other veggies and flavors mingled together, you'll never miss them! Update 11/14/12: Many slow cookers run differently, so judge the length and temp accordingly.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by DuChick
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
- Mix all of the above ingredients into a large crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1 lb lean stewing beef (seasoned and broiled til lighlty browned)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped into small pieces
- 2 turnips, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, cut into thirds
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
You'll also love
More recipes about No Peeking Stewed Potatoes recipes
OLD-FASHIONED STEWED POTATOES - The Southern Lady Cooks
Recipe From : thesouthernladycooks.com2020-09-06 · Put the potatoes in a pot, cover with the water, add the chopped onion, butter, bacon drippings, salt and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil stirring to keep from sticking to pot. Turn heat to a low boil and cook until potatoes have cooked and thickened to desired consistency. Stir … ...
- Put the potatoes in a pot, cover with the water, add the chopped onion, butter, bacon drippings, salt and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil stirring to keep from sticking to pot.
- Turn heat to a low boil and cook until potatoes have cooked and thickened to desired consistency. Stir often while cooking. Makes about about 6 servings.
20 Minute • Grandma’s Stewed Potatoes • Loaves and Dishes
Recipe From : loavesanddishes.net2019-04-30 · Place the potatoes into a large sauce pan and cover with water. Add the bouillon cube. Heat over medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes into a colander with a pan below it to catch the cooking … ...
Southern Stewed Potatoes Recipe - Recipezazz.com
Recipe From : recipezazz.com2016-04-30 · Step 1. Cut peeled potatoes into quarters (I don't peel mine if they are red, I do if they are russet). Place in saucepan and cover with COLD water. Add salt and … ...
- Cut peeled potatoes into quarters (I don't peel mine if they are red, I do if they are russet). Place in saucepan and cover with COLD water. Add salt and bring to a slow boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook on low heat (cooking on high heat with cause them to mush and not keep their shape,russets do this more than reds ).
- Add onion slice for flavor, when you add potatoes remove it later if you don't want to serve the onion in the potatoes.the water is going to boil out, you need just enough at end to cream the potatoes.
- When tender, add butter and flour mixed together mine looks like a mix of mashed and boiled this is what you are looking for add thickening. Add to potatoes and bring to a low boil.
True Southern Stewed Potatoes Not Potatoe Soup | Just A Pinch
Recipe From : justapinch.com2013-07-05 · Turn stove on high, bring to a boil. Boil for about 10 mins. add bacon grease, butter, salt, pepper. onion flakes, cumin and garlic powder. in a small bowl or mixing cup mix milk and flour with a wisk, until the flour is fully dissolved and their are no lumps. When the potatoes … ...
Stewed Potatoes with Garlic - Recipe | Tastycraze.com
Recipe From : tastycraze.com2014-04-24 · Heat the oil in a large, wide dish and fry the chopped onion. Add salt and once it fries, add the garlic, cut into thin slices. Then add the potatoes and let them fry. Pour a little water over them … ...
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into slices. Heat the oil in a large, wide dish and fry the chopped onion. Add salt and once it fries, add the garlic , cut into thin slices. Then add the potatoes and let them fry.
- Pour a little water over them after a bit, add grains of black pepper , bay leaf and sauté over low heat until completely tender.
10 Best Beef Stew without Potatoes Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-07 · Beef Stew without Potatoes Recipes 7,200 Recipes. Last updated Jun 07, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 7,200 suggested recipes. Mom's New Beef Stew DevinAlexander48312. top round steak, salt, button mushrooms, virgin olive oil, dried thyme and 8 more. Spanish-style Beef Stew … ... Show details
No Peek Stew - 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking
Recipe From : 365daysofcrockpot.com2010-05-12 · My mom used to make this recipe for us when we were little and we would call it “no puke stew” instead of “no peek stew” because we thought it tasted great. It is such an easy beef stewish recipe and there was no leftovers because everyone ate it all. My 4-year-old said she didn’t want it because it was yucky but once I got her to try it she ate her whole bowl. One thing that I do is ... ...
No Peek Stew - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2014-01-16 · Home > Recipes > Soups > No Peek Stew. Printer-friendly version. NO PEEK STEW : 4 lbs stew meat 8 carrots 8 potatoes 2 cups chopped celery 2 cups chopped onions 1 tsp pepper 2 tsp sugar 4 tbsp tapioca 2 cans tomato soup 2 cups water. Layer all ingredients, starting with stew meat. Sprinkle tapioca, pepper, and sugar over ingredients. Mix soup & water -- pour over ingredients. DO … ... Show details
Easy No-Peek Beef Stew - thrivinghomeblog.com
Recipe From : thrivinghomeblog.com2019-12-18 · Preheat oven to 275° F. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Add stew meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions to the casserole dish. … ...
Beef Stew Without Potatoes | Low carb, Keto THM-S
Recipe From : mymontanakitchen.com2020-03-23 · In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and vegetables. Cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper if desired. To the stock pot, add the beef roast, frozen green beans (if using), beef … ...
- Cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To the stock pot, add the beef roast, frozen green beans (if using), beef broth, tomato paste, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the turnips are fork-tender.
Beef Stew With Potatoes Recipe - How to Make Sunday Night ...
Recipe From : thepioneerwoman.com2013-01-14 · Cut the potatoes into quarters and cover with water in a large pot. Boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain the potatoes, then put them back into the same pot. With the heat on low, mash the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes to release as much steam … ...
- Add butter, and as soon as it melts, brown half the stew meat until the outside gets nice and brown, about 2 minutes. (Turn it as it browns.) Remove the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put it on a plate.
No-Peek Beef Stew Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-02 · Okay, as the recipe reads it is a good beef stew if you want basic beef stew and have 5 minutes to prep--and some days, that's just fine. Here are my … ...
Recipes > Crock Pot > How To make No Peek Stew
Recipe From : mobirecipe.comNo Peek Stew SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEW CHANNEL ON FISHING. LAUNCHES TODAY. DON'T MISS OUT It's called Fish Hook: Get the JAKATAK app for iPhone/iPad: Android version coming soon. here is the recipe: 2 pounds beef roast ( I used pork loin and added apples) 2-3 large onions, sliced 5 stalks celery, cut in 2 pieces 6-8 carrots, cut in 2 pieces 3-4 large potatoes, cut up 2 large tomatoes, diced ¼ ... ... Show details
No-Peek Beef Stew | 12 Tomatoes
Recipe From : 12tomatoes.com2020-11-20 · Preheat oven to 275°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Add stew meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and peas to casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper, though go … ...
- Add stew meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and peas to casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper, though go easy on the salt as there is a lot in the soup. Stir to combine.
Instant Pot No Peek Stew - 365 Days of Slow Cooking and ...
Recipe From : 365daysofcrockpot.com2020-10-29 · Add water, beef and onion soup mix into Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. ...
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. Perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up allow the pot to sit for a full natural pressure release or about 15 minutes. Then remove the lid.
No Peek Stew Tapioca - Recipes | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comCROCK POT NO PEEK STEW. Mix all ingredients together in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Don't peek! Ingredients: 14 (cornstarch .. flakes .. onion .. salt .. soup .. tapioca ...) 5. NO PEEK STEW. Place beef in 9 x ... with foil and bake 5 hours at 250 degrees or 3 hours at 350 degrees. Do not peek! ... Show details
5 Hour Beef Stew Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Step 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Advertisement. Step 2. Stir beef, potatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, carrots, celery, onion, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a roasting pan; cover. Step 3. Bake in preheated oven until beef and potatoes … ...
- Stir beef, potatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, carrots, celery, onion, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a roasting pan; cover.