Orange Coconut Cake
ORANGE COCONUT CAKE
This is a torted orange-flavored sponge cake with coconut filling. The filling is made the day before you bake and assemble the cake.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Joy1996
Yield 1 Cake
- Note: The filling has to thicken in the refrigerator overnight. To make the filling:.
- Poke holes in the top of the coconut and drain the milk - you should have approximately 1/3c. Split the coconut and shred the meat - the amount doesn't matter, just use what you get. Put into a ziplock bag or a bowl with a lid to stay fresh until the next day. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the marshmallows into the coconut milk, remove from heat and cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottoms of two 8" or 9" round cake pans with waxed paper.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy; gradually beat in 3/4c. sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining 1/4c. sugar until thick and lemon-colored; mix in the orange juice and salt.
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, and then fold in the flour.
- Pour batter into waxed-paper lined pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (The tops will spring back to the touch). Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn out.
- Remove from the refrigerate and note that it has gelled and thickened.
- Whip marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Beat whipping cream until light and fluffy - don't add any sugar. Fold into marshmallow/coconut milk mixture.
- Split (torte) the 2 completely cooled cake layers so that you have 4 layers. Place first layer on cake plate and spread 1/4 marshmallow/cream mixture on top, sprinkle with shredded coconut. Alternate cake layers and marshmallow/cream mixture and coconut, ending with marshmallow/cream mixture & coconut on top. Store unused portion in refrigerator - it tastes better the 2nd day!
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 6 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 fresh coconut (shake to make sure it has milk in it)
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 pint whipping cream
You'll also love
More recipes about Orange Coconut Cake recipes
10 Best Orange Coconut Cake Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-12 · coconut, coconut chips, powdered sugar, coconut milk, fresh orange juice and 10 more Whole Orange and Coconut Cake Receitas Da Felicidade! milk, grated coconut, yeast, oil, sugar, flour, eggs, orange Orange Coconut Cake … ... Show details
Orange Coconut Cake - Cakescottage
Recipe From : cakescottage.com2018-03-04 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9 inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, the orange juice, vegetable oil, … ...
Total Time: 45 mins
Recipe: Orange Coconut Cake | Duncan Hines Canada®
Recipe From : duncanhines.caRecipes > Cakes > Orange Coconut Cake Orange Coconut Cake. Rating: Not Rated 0 Comments Miki___ Email Save Rate It Print. This quick and easy to make cake is made even more delicious with Duncan Hines Chocolate Frosting. Ingredients. 4 eggs; 1 1⁄2 cups sugar ; 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil; 2 cups flour; 4 teaspoons baking powder; 1⁄2 teaspoon salt; 1⁄2 cup fresh orange … ... Show details
Italian Coconut Orange Cake - An Italian in my Kitchen
Recipe From : anitalianinmykitchen.com2020-10-08 · COCONUT ORANGE CAKE In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla, eggs and yolk beat 2-3 minutes on low to medium speed. In a medium bowl sift together, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then stir in the coconut. ...
Total Time: 1 hr
Category: Cake, Dessert
Calories: 284 per serving
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla, eggs and yolk beat 2-3 minutes on low to medium speed.
- In a medium bowl whip cream until light peaks form then sift the powdered sugar onto the cream and add the zest. Whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Orange Coconut Cake - Old Fashioned Recipes
Recipe From : old-fashion-recipe.comKitty Wells Orange Coconut Cake recipe, makes an old fashioned cake with a luscious, old fashioned boiled frosting of orange zest and coconut. The Queen Of Country Music, Kitty Wells, said her mother taught her how to make this cake when she was very young. Kitty and Johnny Wright, also a country music legend, married in 1937. This was his favorite cake. Kitty Wells Orange Coconut Cake. 1/2 ... ... Show details
Coconut Orange Cake – My Favourite Pastime
Recipe From : myfavouritepastime.com2014-02-05 · Set aside. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) ten minutes before using. Beat butter, rind and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until combined. Fold in half the coconut mixture and half the flour, then fold in the remaining coconut … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Easy Southern Orange Coconut Cake | The Novice Chef
Recipe From : thenovicechefblog.com2020-02-12 · Southern Orange Coconut Cake. This classic cake recipe is full of flavor wrapped in a light and fluffy cake with a dollop of homemade sweetened whipped cream on top. It’s the perfect type of cake to serve in the afternoon for surprise guests with a cup of coffee or tea. This cake is baked in a 9×13 baking pan making it the perfect make ahead cake. It’s also super easy to travel with for a ... ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Cran-Orange Coconut Cake Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and orange juice. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until juice is absorbed. Remove from the heat. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 50 secs
Southern Orange Coconut Cake | Dixie Crystals
Recipe From : dixiecrystals.com2020-02-10 · In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. 2. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest. 3. Beat in flour mixture alternating with orange juice. Fold in coconut and beaten egg whites. 4. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. 5. ...
Category: Cakes & Cupcakes
Estimated Reading Time: 40 secs
COCONUT ORANGE CAKE - Susan Recipes
Recipe From : susanrecipe.comLine two 9″ cake pans with parchment paper and then spray with nonstick baking spray. 2. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. After the cake has been mixed well, stir in 1 cup of coconut. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 50 secs
The Best Orange and Coconut Cake Recipe Ever - onebitemore
Recipe From : onebitemore.comSift the plain flour and baking soda into the bowl then toss the shredded coconut in as well. Stir well to combine. Tip the mixture into a well greased kugelhopf tin and bake it … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
Orange Coconut Cake - Recipes Need
Recipe From : recipesneed.com1 orange cake mix (I used the Pillsbury Moist Supreme Cream Creamsicle cake mix) 1 cup coconut, peeled and sweetened ; Tools: Cake leveler for beautiful layers of cakes; For The Frost. 1 (15 ounce) of mandarin oranges, not dry, ground; Note: If you are using mandarin oranges for garnishing, be sure to set a few aside; 1 (5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix (not ready-made) 1 cup coconut ... ... Show details
Glazed Sour Orange & Coconut Cakes Recipe | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.com2016-06-03 · Add coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Scoop into the prepared molds, ramekins or pan. Step 4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean: 18 to 24 minutes for cakes… ...
Total Time: 3 hrs
- To prepare cakes: Place oranges (or kumquats or clementines) in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until very tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Let cool slightly, split open to remove any seeds. Transfer the whole fruit to a food processor or blender. Puree to a fine paste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 24 cannele molds, 12 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. (If using a loaf pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.)
- Measure 1 cup of the puree into a bowl. (Discard any remaining puree.) Add eggs, sugar and coconut oil. Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the bowl with the tip of a knife. Add coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Scoop into the prepared molds, ramekins or pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean: 18 to 24 minutes for cakes, 45 to 55 minutes for a loaf. Let cakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes; let loaf cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and invert onto a plate.
Orange Coconut Cake - Grandma's Simple Recipes
Recipe From : grandmarecip.com2021-04-10 · Home RECIPES Orange Coconut Cake. RECIPES. Orange Coconut Cake. By Lauren Grant. 10 April 2021. 0. 437. Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. WhatsApp. Ingredients. For The Cake. 1 orange cake mix (I used the Pillsbury Moist Supreme Cream Creamsicle cake mix) 1 cup coconut, peeled and sweetened; Tools: Cake leveler for beautiful layers of cakes; For The Frost. 1 (15 ounce) … ... Show details
Orange-Coconut Angel Food Cake Recipe: How to Make It ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Spoon into an ungreased 10-in. … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 50 secs
- Spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan., Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry.
Orange Coconut Cake - Sugar & Garlic
Recipe From : sugarandgarlic.com2016-12-30 · Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (f). In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cornstarch. In another bowl, combine the sugar and orange zest. Rub the zest into the … ...
Cuisine: Egyptian, French
Total Time: 1 min
- Over medium heat, simmer the white sugar and water until it begins to boil, and the sugar has dissolved.
Gluten-free orange coconut cake - Claire K Creations
Recipe From : clairekcreations.com2019-09-18 · Preheat oven to 160C/320F fan-forced. Grease a 6cm deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan, square or round cake tin. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F fan-forced. Grease a 6cm deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan, square or round cake tin. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently stir flour, milk and coconut into butter mixture (do not over-mix). Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Orange, Almond & Coconut Cake - Be Good Organics
Recipe From : begoodorganics.com2016-08-12 · This one’s a little bit special too, and quite different to my other cake recipes on the blog. This gorgeous Orange, Almond and Coconut Cake is made entirely with almond and coconut flour, giving it a really unique texture – think moist, luxurious and dense, almost like a fudgy tort. If you’ve tried a classic almond based cake … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Day/hour before: Pop both oranges (skin on) in a pot with water, bring to the boil, then put the lid and reduce to a low simmer for one hour. Keep one cup of the cooking water aside.
- Bake day: Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) on fan bake, and line the sides and base of a small 19 cm (8 inch) spring form cake tin with baking paper and then sunflower or another neutral oil. Make sure the baking paper comes up just over the tin (to hold your icing in place).
- Blend the almonds in a food processor until a fine flour forms. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and blend again until combined. Turn out and sift into a large bowl - any bits that won't sift through, just pour on top of the other dry ingredients.
- Next, blend all wet ingredients in your processor or blender until super smooth, including the two whole cooked oranges and the reserved orange cooking water. Fold the liquid mix into the dry ingredients, lifting gently as you pour to create air pockets, until only just combined.
Southern Orange Coconut Cake | Imperial Sugar
Recipe From : imperialsugar.com2020-02-10 · Set aside. 2. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest. 3. Beat in flour mixture alternating with orange juice. Fold in coconut and beaten egg whites. 4. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. 5. Serve in squares with a dollop of Creme Chantilly and orange zest. 6. ...
Category: Cakes & Cupcakes
Estimated Reading Time: 40 secs
Coconut Orange Cake | Just A Pinch Recipes
Recipe From : justapinch.com2013-04-13 · How to Make coconut orange cake . Step-by-Step . Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2-9 inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions adding in the 1 cup coconut. Bake cakes according to times on package directions. When to cake … ...
Orange Coconut Cake with Orange Frosting | Roti n Rice
Recipe From : rotinrice.com2010-02-19 · 2 tbsp orange juice. Instructions. Combine milk and coconut and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan. In a medium bowl, combine all … ...
Cuisine: American, Western
Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins
- Combine milk and coconut and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to get well mixed. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined. Add orange zest and pour in half of the coconut mixture and half of the flour. Stir to mix. Add the remaining coconut mixture and flour and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.
- For the orange frosting, combine butter, powdered sugar, and orange juice in a medium sized bowl. Stir until it forms a spreadable consistency.
Almond-Coconut Orange Cake Recipe - Alice Quillet, Anna ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2015-09-10 · In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the granulated sugar. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the orange puree. Using a spatula, fold in the coconut, almond flour and baking powder. ...
Category: Nuts & Seeds, Nut Recipes, Almonds
Total Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush a 10-inch springform pan with butter. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Put the oranges in a microwave-safe bowl; add enough water to reach halfway up the side. Cover partially with plastic wrap. Microwave on high power, turning the oranges every 3 minutes, until very soft, about 15 minutes; drain. Quarter the oranges, discarding any seeds. In a food processor, puree until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the granulated sugar. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the orange puree. Using a spatula, fold in the coconut, almond flour and baking powder. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the cake and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly on a rack.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar and fold in the remaining 1/4 cup of orange puree.