Paper Wrapped Chicken
PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN
this is an interesting chinese cantonese dish, that we usually ordered in chinese restaurants. ideal for buffets and dinner parties.
Time: 40 minutes
- get grease-proof paper and cut into 18cm by 18cm 12 square pieces of papers
- marinate the chicken pieces with seasoning 1 for 15 minutes
- brush 1 side of the each paper with oil
- place a piece of chicken at one corner of the paper
- fold up this corner to cover the chicken
- then fold the sides to cover the chicken as well
- fold the remaining corner down and tuck into the pocket to make a package
- repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces
- heat oil in a saucepan for deep-frying
- when the oil is hot , reduce the heat to medium-low
- place in the packages and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes
- remove and drain the packages off excess oil
- serve hot
- the packages are to be open by the diners themselves
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- cooking oil
- light soya sauce
- dark soya sauce
- rice wine
- ginger juice
- sesame oil
This is an interesting Chinese Cantonese dish, that we usually ordered in Chinese restaurants. Ideal for buffets and dinner parties.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kim Ong
Yield 12 packages
- Get grease-proof paper and cut into 18cm by 18cm 12 square pieces of papers.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with seasoning 1 for 15 minutes.
- Brush 1 side of the each paper with oil.
- Place a piece of chicken at one corner of the paper.
- Fold up this corner to cover the chicken.
- Then fold the sides to cover the chicken as well.
- Fold the remaining corner down and tuck into the pocket to make a package.
- Repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a saucepan for deep-frying.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Place in the packages and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and drain the packages off excess oil.
- Serve hot.
- The packages are to be open by the diners themselves.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1/2 chicken, cut into 12 pieces
- cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
FOIL WRAPPED CHICKEN - BAKED OR FRIED
The secret of this popular dish lies in the marinade, which, when cooking, caramelizes the chicken and other ingredients, joining them together. When wrapping the chicken, it is customary to add a few other ingredients as a type of garnish. Cilantro, Chinese dried mushrooms, Chinese sausages (you can substitute smoked ham), and/or green onions are all used. When it comes time to cook, the garnish and chicken pieces are wrapped envelope style in square packets and (normally) deep-fried. Baking is another option; see instructions in the final step. Cooking time is normally about three to four minutes - long enough for the chicken to cook through but not for the paper to blacken. (This is for five to six inch squares - the cooking time will be longer if you are working with a recipe that calls for larger packets.) Stir the pieces lightly with chopsticks a few times while deep-frying. Drain the cooked chicken packets on paper towels. This recipe can be prepared ahead up to the deep-frying or baking stage, then frozen. Time does not include 1 hour marination. Recipe courtesy Rhonda Parkinson.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Sandi From CA
Yield 24 packets
- Cut the chicken into coarse mince and playfully spank it with a mallet to tenderize. Say, "You've been a naughty little chicken!".
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, add chicken, and refrigerate for one hour. At the 45 minute mark, add the mushrooms and scallions.
- Cut paper or foil pieces into 6-inch squares.
- Paper-wrapped chicken is normally wrapped envelope style. Take a square of paper and lay it out in front of you. Add 2 of the chicken slices, 1 slice of mushroom, 2 slices of green onion and a coriander sprig (if desired) in the middle, being sure to keep the filling in the center and not near the edges.
- Bring the bottom flap up over the chicken. Fold the right side over toward the middle, then the left side, so that one is overlapping the other. Fold the top flap down, tucking it inside the opening to seal the package. It is very important to make sure the packets are well sealed so that no oil seeps inches.
- If using foil, fold in half diagonally to form a triangle, then crimp the open edges together.
- DEEP FRYING METHOD: Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- When the oil is ready, slide the packages in, about 6 at a time so as not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry the packets, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels. Continue deep-frying the rest of the packets.
- Serve the chicken packets on a large platter, garnished with greens if desired. Guests can open the packets with either chopsticks or their fingers, but be careful as they're hot inside.
- OVEN METHOD: Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius) oven for 18 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 slice gingerroot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 -4 dried Chinese mushrooms, softened and thinly sliced (24 slices, 1 for each packet)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal (2 - 3 slices for each packet)
- 24 sprigs cilantro
- 24 squares parchment paper (6-inch squares) or 24 aluminum foil (6-inch squares)
- peanut oil, for deep-frying
You'll also love
More recipes about Paper Wrapped Chicken recipes
Paper-Wrapped Chicken Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-06-07 · Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Step 6 Gently add the sealed foil packets to the hot oil and fry until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain the packets on paper … ...
Chinese Paper-Wrapped Chicken Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comPaper-wrapped chicken is normally wrapped envelope style. Take a square of paper and lay it out in front of you. Add 2 of the chicken slices, 1 slice of mushroom, 2 slices of green onion and a coriander sprig (if desired) in the middle, being sure to keep the filling in the center and not near the edges. Bring the bottom flap up over the chicken. ...
Asian Style Paper Wrapped Chicken Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-06-19 · Stir chicken cubes into the sauce to coat; marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. Step 2 Place 1 to 2 chicken cubes onto a square of aluminum foil and fold the … ...
- Mix soy sauce, green onion, hoisin sauce, vegetable oil, white wine, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, garlic, five-spice powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Stir chicken cubes into the sauce to coat; marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place 1 to 2 chicken cubes onto a square of aluminum foil and fold the foil diagonally to make a triangle. Fold the edges over tightly several times, about 1/4 inch per fold, squeezing as much air as possible out of the packet. Repeat with remaining ingredients and foil.
- Pour 1 cup peanut oil, or as needed, into a heavy skillet (such as a cast-iron pan) to a depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium heat until oil is shimmering.
- Gently lay the chicken packets, working in batches if necessary, into the hot oil and cook until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear (open a test packet to be sure), about 5 minutes per side. Drain packets on paper towels. Serve chicken in foil wrappers and let diners unwrap their own.
How to make Paper Wrapped Chicken, recipe by MasterChef ...
Recipe From : sanjeevkapoor.comCut sixteen pieces of rice paper/butter paper measuring six-inches by six-inches. Brush each piece of paper with whisked egg and place two tablespoons of marinated chicken on one side of the paper. Step 4 Drizzle some marinade on the chicken … ...
- Soak red chillies in half a cup of hot water for ten minutes. Drain, remove stems and cut into julienne. Mix chicken pieces with five spice powder, ginger, red chillies, soy sauce, sugar, salt to taste and spring onions.
- Rest the marinated chicken for an hour, preferably in a refrigerator. Whisk egg with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Cut sixteen pieces of rice paper/butter paper measuring six-inches by six-inches. Brush each piece of paper with whisked egg and place two tablespoons of marinated chicken on one side of the paper.
Chinese paper-wrapped chicken - recipe | SCMP Cooking
Recipe From : scmp.comPour cooking oil to the depth of about 4cm (1½in) in a wide pan and heat to 170°C (340°F). Fry the chicken parcels several at a time for about three minutes, turning them over once. When taking the... ...
- If using a fresh chicken, cut the wings from the carcass. Chop off the wingtip (save it with the other bones for chicken stock), then separate the drumette and middle portion, cutting between the joint, and put the pieces in a medium-sized bowl. Remove all the meat and skin from the drumsticks, thighs, breasts and carcass, making sure to dig out the “oysters” from the lower part of the back.
- Whether using a whole chicken or chicken parts, cut the meat and skin into 2cm (⅞in) pieces and put them into the bowl with the chicken wing joints. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, sugar, salt, white pepper and cornstarch to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Finely julienne the ginger slices and cut the spring onions into 3cm (1¼in) lengths, then add these ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Make 20-24 15cm (6in) squares of parchment paper or aluminium foil. Place one square on the work surface, with one of the corners pointing towards you. Place two or three pieces of meat (or one piece, if it’s a wing joint), plus some spring onion and ginger, on the square, slightly off centre so it’s near the corner facing you. (If using parchment, place the spring onion pieces under the chicken, so you’ll see the green and white when the parcels are fried.)
- Fold the near corner up and over the chicken, then fold over once more towards the far corner. Fold in the sides so the overlap is in the middle and securely enclose the filling. Bring the top corner down and tuck it tightly into the opening created by the sides. Press firmly so the filling is securely wrapped. Don’t overfill the parcels or it will be difficult to make a tight “envelope” with the parchment or foil. Continue with the rest of the paper and the filling.
Asian Style Paper Wrapped Chicken Recipe by Archana's Kitchen
Recipe From : archanaskitchen.com2016-11-07 · How to make Asian Style Paper Wrapped Chicken Recipe To prepare Asian Style paper chicken recipe, in a large mixing bowl combine the chicken with soya sauce, salt, pepper, chilli sauce, five spice powder, spring onion, ginger, garlic. Keep the bowl in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Take a wax paper or baking paper, cut them into squares. ...
Paper Wrapped Chicken | Just A Pinch Recipes
Recipe From : justapinch.com2011-07-29 · Combine chicken,soy sauce,sherry,ginger,garlic and sesame oil;marinate for 30 minutes to several hours. Cut eighteen 4-inch squares of parchment paper or foil. Place a square of ppaper on a work surface,one corner facing you. Place 2 or 3 chicken cubes across center of square. fold south corner over chicken to 1/2 inch from north corner. ...
BEST EVER Paper Wrapped Chicken 纸包鸡 Super Easy Chinese ...
Recipe From : youtube.com2019-08-30 · If this is the first time you have ever seen paper wrapped chicken, you must be thinking that Chinese are weird. Haha. Actually there's a reason why the chic... ... Show details
Paper-wrapped chicken recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comPaper-wrapped chicken recipe. Learn how to cook great Paper-wrapped chicken . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Paper-wrapped chicken recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Paper-wrapped chicken recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ... Show details
Union Chee Pow Kai – Famous Paper-Wrapped Chicken Returns
Recipe From : misstamchiak.com2019-01-27 · The chicken parts are marinated for 2 to 3 days before being wrapped in parchment paper. Upon order, the paper-wrapped chicken is dropped into the deep fryer. Wrapping the chicken is a real skill because you need to ensure that the marinate is sealed within the paper. You May Also Like ...
Deep Fried Paper Wrapped Chicken - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comTo wrap the chicken: paper-wrapped chicken is normally wrapped envelope style. Take a square of paper and lay it out in front of you. Add 2 of the chicken slices, 1 slice of mushroom, 2 slices of green onion and a coriander sprig (if desired) in the middle, being sure to … ...
Paper Wrapped Chicken - 纸包鸡 - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comRecipe at: http://www.themeatmen.sg/paper-wrapped-chickenPaper wrapped chicken, or more commonly known in Cantonese as “chee pow kai” brings together the bes... ... Show details
15 Paper wrapped chicken ideas in 2021 | paper wrapped ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 17, 2021 - Explore Annie's board "Paper wrapped chicken" on Pinterest. See more ideas about paper wrapped chicken, chicken, recipes. ...
Paper-Wrapped Crispy Salt and Pepper Chicken Recipe | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2017-01-28 · Directions. Special equipment: newspaper and parchment paper, cut into 8 to 10-inch squares. Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Cover the chicken with the light soy sauce, … ...
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Cover the chicken with the light soy sauce, Chinese five-spice powder, salt and garlic, and stir to coat. Toss the chicken with the toasted sesame oil. Let marinate for as much time as you have; for best results, leave the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat a large wok or pan over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, add the chicken and fry lightly until the thighs are golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the chicken on paper towels and season them with salt, pepper and cilantro as they come out of the oil.
- Wrap each piece of newspaper and parchment into a cone shape and secure with a piece of tape. Fill each cone with several pieces of chicken and garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve alongside a platter of Mixed Salad if desired.
Paper Wrapped Chicken - Cooking With Curls
Recipe From : cookingwithcurls.com2013-11-18 · To make the paper envelopes: Place the parchment paper square on work surface. Place 1 chicken slice, 2 pieces of green onion, and 1 cilantro leaf in the center of the square. Bring the bottom … ...
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken slices, cover, and let marinate for 45 minutes.
- Place the parchment paper square on work surface. Place 1 chicken slice, 2 pieces of green onion, and 1 cilantro leaf in the center of the square.
15 Best PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN ideas | paper wrapped ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comTake a small fresh chicken (or boneless chicken pieces if you are in a hurry), marinate in a sweet-sour sauce, wrap in parchment paper or foil, and deep-fry, then watch your dinner guests unwrap the flavour-packed chicken parcels. If you like PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN, you might love these ideas ...
Paper-Wrapped Crispy Salt and Pepper Chicken : Recipes ...
Recipe From : cookingchanneltv.com2011-07-28 · Drain the chicken on paper towels and season them with salt, pepper and cilantro as they come out of the oil. Wrap each piece of newspaper and parchment into a cone shape and secure with a piece of tape. Fill each cone with several pieces of chicken and garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve alongside a platter of Mixed Salad if desired. ...
Paper Wrapped Chicken - BigOven
Recipe From : bigoven.comCut green onion in 1.5 inch length. 3. Brush some sesame oil on one sheet of wax paper. Place one piece of ham, one green onion, one slice mushroom, and two slices of chicken. Wrap it like a rectangular package. 4. Heat 5 cups of oil. Deep-fry the wrapped chicken about 3 minutes. ...
Miki's Food Archives : Paper Wrapped Chicken (Oven Baked ...
Recipe From : dingoozatfood.blogspot.com2021-06-19 · 3. Place a piece of chicken (with marinade) and some spring onion on baking paper. Fold and wrap the chicken. Repeat for the rest. 油纸上放少许青葱，一块鸡腿和少许腌汁，包好后放在烤盘上。. 4. Place the chicken parcels on a baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 30 minutes or until cook through. Remove from ... ...
★Paper Wrapped Chicken★ Recipe by liarra - Cookpad
Recipe From : cookpad.comSteps. Prepare the wrapping paper. Cut a 30 cm wide oven sheet into 20 cm lengths and cut in half into 15x20. The longer side is halved and folded 3 times in a width of 5 mm. Make sure that the folded part is on top, bend the bottom twice and staple it. Let's make this a lot. ... Show details
Recipe Paper-Wrapped Chicken - All Recipes for Cooking
Recipe From : recipes4food.comPaper-Wrapped Chicken recipe All Recipes Best Recipe Appetizers and Snacks Meat and Poultry Chicken. Ingredients ½ cup teriyaki sauce 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces 30 4x4-inch squares aluminum foil, or as needed oil for deep frying Nutrition Info ... ... Show details
Paper Wrapped Chicken - 纸包鸡 - The MeatMen - Your Local ...
Recipe From : themeatmen.sg2017-07-14 · Paper wrapped chicken, or more commonly known in Cantonese as “chee pow kai” brings together the best of two worlds, steamed and deep fried chicken. This dish was invented in Singapore by an eatery called Union Farm in 1953, and back then, it used to be sold per chicken. The fresh chicken would be slaughtered, chopped, marinated, wrapped, and then deep fried to a golden perfection. ...
Paper Wrapped Chicken (Gee Bow Gai) Recipe - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.com2010-03-28 · NOTE: Paper Wrapped Chicken may be deep-fried several hrs in advance and reheated in the oven (325 degrees) for 10 min just before serving. 1. Brush center of the paper with oil, and with one corner of the paper toward you, place 1 piece of chicken … ...
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with each of the ingredients listed under "marinade," mix well and then add in the green onions and ginger. Marinate for 2 hrs.
- 4. Heat the oil to 325 degrees and then carefully put each package into the oil. Deep-fry 4 min on each side. Put pkgs. in a strainer to drain off excess oil before serving.