Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough
CHOCOLATE CHERRY SOURDOUGH BREAD
Similar to Zingermans. Recipe from http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/1983/chocolate-cherry-sourdough-bread. Cups of flour measured using the scoop method -- don't spoon in! Prep time includes overnight rising.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ellie3763
Yield 1 loaf, 10 serving(s)
- The night before, dissolve the starter into the water as best you can. Mix the salt with the flour.
- Dump the flour into the starter slurry and mix it all up together until it's all hydrated. The dough should be very tacky and maybe a little sticky, but not super sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic or a plate, and let it sit at room temperature (about 70°F, more or less) for about 12 hours (anywhere from 10-14 should be fine).
- Pour some boiling water over the cherries. If you can't find dried tart cherries, dried cranberries will usually do almost as well. Let the fruit soak for about 15 minutes, drain and then place them on towels or paper towels to dry.
- Mix it up with the chocolate and cherries in a bowl.
- Flour a workspace lightly, and then gently turn the dough out onto the board. With wet hands, lightly pat the dough into a rectangle. Stretch the dough to about twice its length, and then spread 1/4 of the chocolate cherry mixture in the center. Fold one-third of the dough on top, and again, spread 1/4 of the mixture on top. Fold the final third of the dough like a letter, and then turn the dough one-quarter. Follow the same procedure, and then cover the dough. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Now, after letting the dough rest for 15 minutes, gently shape the dough into a boule, and place it in a well-floured banneton.
- Let rise for 3 hours.
- Put my cloche, a dutch oven, oven-safe casserole, baking stone, or baking sheet in the oven and preheated it to 500°F.
- Score bread, bake (covered if possible) for 30 minutes, and then uncovered for about 17-18 minutes (about 48 minutes total). Let cool.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1/2 cup active sourdough starter (100% hydration)
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 cup chocolate, roughly chopped
You'll also love
More recipes about Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough recipes
Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough | Breadtopia
Recipe From : breadtopia.com2018-02-03 · Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough This Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough bread packs a trio of intense flavors: earthy whole grain rye , semi-sweet chocolate chunks, and tart Montmorency cherries. Spread butter on a slice and you’ll be tempted to call it a dessert, but the high fiber and mineral content of rye, the antioxidants in chocolate … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Black Sourdough Rye Bread with Chocolate and Cherry - Ever ...
Recipe From : everopensauce.com2016-06-09 · The final dough is mixed by combining the sourdough, all of the soaker, rye flour, bread flour, salt and yeast in a stand mixer. No water is needed. All the water comes from the sourdough and the soaker. (One change I’ve made to the original recipe: I folded in the chocolate chips and dried cherries at 15 minutes into bulk fermentation.) The high percentage of rye … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Chocolate and Cherry Sourdough - Modernist Cuisine
Recipe From : modernistcuisine.com2018-02-08 · Chocolate and Cherry Sourdough Recipe • February 8, 2018. By adding cherries, we have taken the beloved combination of bread and chocolate in a new direction. A variation of our Sourdough Master Recipe… ...
Estimated Reading Time: 1 min
Chocolate & Cherry Sourdough - Community Recipes | Shipton ...
Recipe From : shipton-mill.comMix the water and starter together, then add the flour, cocoa powder, kirsch and salt. Knead for about eight minutes. Leave to rest for half an hour before folding. Three folds, 45 mins between each. ... Show details
Chocolate cherry bread - Sourdough
Recipe From : sourdough.com2006-06-30 · Shape each piece of dough into an appropriate shape (eg round or baton), and then place into a lined bowl, or wrapped in a floured tea towel to rise. Turn the oven on. Check the dough after 3/4 of an hour, and then every 15 minutes. ... Show details
A Sourdough Baking Guide and Chocolate-Cherry Sourdough ...
Recipe From : lemonsandanchovies.com2019-05-10 · A Sourdough Baking Guide and Chocolate Cherry Sourdough Bread. Here is my sourdough baking guide (and tips) so you can achieve more reliable results in your own bakes. Plus an ultra-easy recipe for Chocolate-Cherry Sourdough bread . If you can stand more talk about sourdough… ...
Total Time: 1 hr
- Day 1 (morning): If you store your starter in the refrigerator, take 85 grams and allow it to come to room temperature, about one hour. Make sure you have enough starter leftover to feed and store for future use. (Edit: cold starter straight out of fridge works well, too)
- Day 1 (morning; Mix the dough): Stir in the unfed starter and water in a bowl. Once the starter has been evenly distributed in the water add the bread flour and cacao powder. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let sit for one hour.
- Day 1 (morning): Add the soaked and drained dried cherries, kosher salt and almonds to the mixture in the bowl. Combine the dough using a wet hand and folding the dough over from the bottom to top. Then Ken Forkish employs what he calls the “pincer” method to make sure all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Imagining your hand as a lobster claw (my description), cut through the dough pinching a few times, mixing, then pinching again.
- Day 1 (morning; stretch-and-fold). Pick up one portion of the dough (without taking it out of the bowl) and fold it over. Repeat this folding step a few times, inverting the dough with the folds at the bottom of the bowl when done. This stretch-and-fold step should be done every thirty minutes, three or four times over the course of two hours. After the final stretch-and-fold, cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap to for bulk fermentation
Chocolate-Cherry Sourdough Bread Recipe - NYT Cooking
Recipe From : cooking.nytimes.comIn a wide mixing bowl, whisk together the yeast and water and allow the yeast to bloom, about 1 minute. Whisk the sourdough starter into the mixture until dissolved, then add the … ...
Category: Breads, Project, Side Dish
- In a wide mixing bowl, whisk together the yeast and water and allow the yeast to bloom, about 1 minute. Whisk the sourdough starter into the mixture until dissolved, then add the flour, cocoa powder and coffee. Use a dough scraper to stir the ingredients into a shaggy mass. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes, then add the salt, incorporating it well. Transfer to a lightly oiled plastic container and cover with plastic wrap; it will be sticky.
- Rest dough for 30 minutes, then lightly oil hands to fold: Pull one edge of the dough up and press it down into the center of the ball; repeat with the 3 other edges of the dough, then cover dough. In 30 minutes, repeat the folding, this time incorporating the chocolate chips and cherries. Repeat the folding every half-hour, for a total of 6 folds. Check for gluten development: Pinch a piece of dough between your fingers and stretch it. It should stretch out to a thin, transparent membrane before tearing. If not, repeat folding and check again.
- Turn the bread out onto a lightly floured surface and use hands to gently tuck the edges up toward the center of the dough, then flip the dough over so it’s seam-side down, and gently round with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and rest dough for 20 minutes, then tuck edges down toward the seam, to shape dough into a tighter ball. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 10 minutes. Transfer to a flour-dusted wicker breadbasket, seam side up, pinching the seam shut if necessary. Wrap basket with plastic wrap, or slide the basket into a clean plastic bag, closing it. Proof at about 55 degrees, or in the refrigerator, for 14 to 16 hours, until dough has increased in size, and springs back slightly to the touch.
- When you’re ready to bake, remove the dough from the refrigerator and transfer it, smooth side up, to a large cast-iron pot (with a lid) lined with a round of parchment paper. Be careful not to over-handle dough and lose air bubbles. Cover and bring to room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. Position a baking rack in the center of the oven and heat to 500 degrees. Using a razor or fine, sharp knife blade, score a cross on the top of dough, making a fast, clean cut about 1/8- to 1/4-inch deep.
Chocolate cherry sourdough bread | The Fresh Loaf
Recipe From : thefreshloaf.com2021-02-12 · Flour a workspace lightly, and then gently turn the dough out onto the board. With wet hands, lightly pat the dough into a rectangle. Stretch the dough to about twice its length, and then spread 1/4 of the chocolate cherry mixure in the center. Fold one-third of the dough on top, and again, spread 1/4 of the mixture on top. ... Show details
"Chocolate" Dark Rye - Sourdough
Recipe From : sourdough.com"Chocolate" Dark Rye. Karniecoops 2013 March 3. I adapted this recipe from the one given on the side of the bag of rye flour I purchased whilst on holiday. The recipe was a fully yeasted loaf and included molasses and butter which I swapped out for pomegranate molasses and no replacement for the butter (didn't see the point in using it). Apologies for all the measurements being in cups, but ... ... Show details
Chocolate Sourdough by Make It Dough
Recipe From : makeitdough.com2019-01-04 · Drain and save soaking liquid from cherries. You’ll use both the liquid and cherries so make sure you do not discard either of these ingredients. After creating your levain, combine flours, cocoa powder, coffee, soaking liquid and water in a bowl. Cover with … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
Chocolate Cherry Sourdough Bread in "Modernist Bread ...
Recipe From : everopensauce.com2017-11-06 · In a wide mixing bowl, whisk together the yeast and water and allow the yeast to bloom, about 1 minute. Whisk the sourdough starter into the mixture until … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins
Cherry Chocolate Rye Levain — Quail Hollow Kitchens
Recipe From : quailhollowkitchens.com2018-07-09 · The Rye flour, chocolate and cherries works well with the sourdough flavor. This is another stretch bread. It is called a stretch bread because it is not kneaded but instead is gently stretched 3 or 4 times. A stretched dough is a technique that literally stretches the dough to aid the formation of a gluten network. This is done during the first fermentation when the dough is folded onto ... ...
Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
Phone: (831) 609-6226
Location: 235 Crown Drive Ben Lomond, CA, 95005 United States
Fresh Cherry Chocolate Sourdough Bread #Breadbakers ...
Recipe From : zestysouthindiankitchen.com2021-06-15 · Instructions. Make Leaven. In the morning make your dough combine 2 tablespoons (15-20 grams) of unfed sourdough starter with 50g of water 40 g of all-purpose flour and 10g rye flour. Mix until there are no dry bits of flour, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit out for 4-5 hours or until it … ... Show details
Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough | Recipe | King arthur ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caApr 25, 2018 - In this sourdough bread, the deep flavor of whole grain rye has equal footing with the intensely tart Montmorency cherries and melty chocolate chunks. Just shy of a dessert, this bread is perfect for breakfast or as a midday energy boost with a steaming cup of tea. ... Show details
Chocolate Cherry Sourdough Bread - Cultured Food Life
Recipe From : culturedfoodlife.comInstructions. Place the starter and water in a bowl along with honey in a heavy-duty electric mixer or a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients. Mix with dough hook (or knead … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 40 secs
Category: Dessert, Side Dish
Chocolate Sourdough Bread - Mondomulia
Recipe From : mondomulia.com2020-09-15 · For this recipe, you will need just 5 ingredients: white bread flour, cocoa powder, water, salt and sourdough starter. The bread dough is mixed and kneaded over the course of one day and, usually, baked the next day. It is a real labour of love, but totally worth the time and effort! ...
Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
Sourdough Rye Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1998-10-21 · I tried this as the first bread with my new rye starter and, after a complete failure (well, not complete - I turned it into some lovely sourdough rye crackers) I dove in and did more research on sourdough baking. I realize now that what the recipe author intends is for the baker to make a sourdough "sponge" the night before baking. It's too bad the recipe … ...
Total Time: 25 hrs 40 mins
- The night before you want to bake the bread, feed your active sourdough starter with 1 cup rye flour, 1/2 cup bread flour, and 2/3 cup water. Mix until fully combined, cover, and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- The next morning, mix together the expanded starter and 1/4 cup water. Stir in 1 cup rye flour, 1 cup bread flour, salt, sugar, olive oil, and caraway seeds.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until satiny. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn once to oil the surface. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Punch down dough, and shape into loaves. Place on a greased baking sheet or in greased loaf pans. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk.
These Sourdough Rye Brownies Are the Best Thing I Made ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com2019-12-09 · Sourdough Rye Brownies Get This Recipe. Tags All-Star Recipe Bake Sourdough Chocolate Dark Chocolate Brownie. Read More. Why Andrea Nguyen's … ...
Author: Joe Sevier
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Rye Chocolate Cherry Sourdough | Recipe | Chocolate cherry ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 26, 2019 - In this sourdough bread, the deep flavor of whole grain rye has equal footing with the intensely tart Montmorency cherries and melty chocolate chunks. Just shy of a dessert, this bread is perfect for breakfast or as a midday energy boost with a steaming cup of tea. ... Show details
Chocolate Rye Sourdough Bread - The Glass Pantry
Recipe From : theglasspantry.comCarefully remove the Dutch oven from the 450 degree oven. Remove the lid and lift the bread using the parchment paper and place it inside the hot dutch oven, paper and all. Replace the lid, place the dutch oven back into the hot oven and lower the heat to 425 degrees. Bake 40 minutes without peeking. ...
Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins
Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Sourdough Loaf | The Fresh Loaf
Recipe From : thefreshloaf.com2019-02-05 · It is for a Black Forest chocolate cherry sourdough bread. The Modernist Bread version springs to mind, but the Black Forest one is different - not sweet, apart from the cherries - and it has toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I also added some non-salted pistachio seed, which gave a rather nice contrasting green colour. Interestingly, the recipe predates the Modernist Bread one by a couple ... ... Show details
Sourdough Discard Recipes: The Internet's Largest List ...
Recipe From : leavenly.com2021-01-01 · Sourdough Chocolate Cake. Blackberry Sourdough Scones with Lemony Glaze. Sourdough Brownies. Sourdough Pumpkin Bread. Sourdough Cherry Cardamom Cake. Sourdough Waffles. This recipe will always be in my top five favorites because the waffles always come out crispy, light and fluffy – and it’s a total crowd-pleaser. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
Chocolate Rye Boule with Cherries and Walnuts | Sweet Cayenne
Recipe From : sweetcayenne.com...
Total Time: 17 hrs 10 mins
Chocolate Sourdough Noir | The Clever Carrot
Recipe From : theclevercarrot.com2014-10-21 · How to Make Chocolate Sourdough Noir: a Few Tips. To begin, I added cocoa powder to my already existing recipe for country sourdough. It took me 3 tries to get it right: Round #1: Plain. This was the most basic (and boring) trial of the whole lot. Just plain chocolate sourdough … ...
Category: Sourdough Recipes
Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
- Make the dough: In a large bowl combine the starter, water, sugar and vanilla. Stir with a fork. Sift the bread flour and cocoa powder together and then add to the bowl. Squish everything together with your hands until all of the flour is absorbed. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest (autolyse) for 1 hour.
- To the dough: Add the salt, walnuts, raisins and chocolate chips. Lift and fold the dough over itself several times and squish with your hands to incorporate. The dough will tear slightly as you fold and the salt will not fully dissolve. Don’t worry- this is normal. Work the dough as best you can until it comes back together into a rough ball.
- Bulk fermentation: Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel. Leave it in a warm spot to rise. Your dough is ready when it no longer looks dense and has increased in volume about 1½- 2x its original size. This can take anywhere from 3-12 hours depending on the temperature of your ingredients, the potency of your starter and surrounding environment. *See note below. Optional Step: about 30 minutes into the start of the bulk rise, you can stretch and fold the dough.
- Stretch & fold: To strengthen your dough, do a series of stretch and folds every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours of bulk fermentation. Simply gather a portion of the dough, stretch it upwards and then fold it over itself. Rotate the bowl ¼ turn and repeat until you have come full circle. You will have completed 4 folds. Try to keep the fillings tucked into the dough and not on the outside. This will prevent burning when baked.
Artisan Sourdough Rye Bread | Breadtopia
Recipe From : breadtopia.com2010-02-13 · Add the molasses, all the seeds and orange zest. In a separate bowl, combine the flours and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet using a dough whisk or spoon until the flour is well incorporated. Cover with plastic and let rest for 15 minutes. After about 15 … ...
Total Time: 18 hrs
Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
Chocolate Stout Sourdough Rye Loaf - The Wine-Dark Sea
Recipe From : thewinedarksea.com2020-05-06 · Chocolate Stout Sourdough Rye Loaf 2 comments May 6, 2020 3 min read That’s a really long name for a bread recipe, but really what was delightful about this bread was all those flavors magically coming together: the sweet bitter of the chocolate stout, the sourdough flavor and chew, and then that lovely nutty rye note. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Rye sourdough bread recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com...
Category: Buffet, Side Dish
- Day 1: To begin your starter, mix 50g of the flour with 50g tepid water in a jar or, better still, a plastic container. Make sure all the flour is incorporated and leave, covered with a tea towel, at room temperature for 24 hrs.
- Days 2, 3, 4 & 5 : Mix 25g flour with 25g tepid water and stir into yesterday’s mixture. Make sure all the flour is incorporated and leave, covered with a tea towel, at room temperature for 24 hrs.
- Day 6: The mix should be really bubbly and giving off a strong smell of alcohol. A teaspoonful of the starter should float in warm water if ready.
- Tip 100g of the starter into a bowl and add 400g of tepid water. Whisk or rub the two together with your hands, don’t worry if there are a few lumps.
- Heavily butter a 900g loaf tin. Dust the work surface with more rye flour, then scrape all the dough out. Mould the dough into a block roughly the same size as the tin and sit it in the tin.
- Heat the oven to 230/210C fan/gas 8 with a shelf in the middle of the oven and a shelf below with a roasting tray on it. Put the loaf on the middle tray and carefully pour a small glass of water into the roasting tray.