Smoked Salmon And Wild Rice Chowder
SMOKED SALMON AND WILD RICE CHOWDER
Make and share this Smoked Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by dicentra
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook wild rice for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables soften. Stir in green pepper and sweet potato and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and chile powder. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in cooked wild rice, salmon with liquid and cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste with salt.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small sweet potato, finely diced
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can smoked salmon with liquid
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
SALMON AND WILD RICE CHOWDER
A wonderful savory fish chowder, perfect to start off an evening of fine dining or as a hearty dinner with good, crusty bread.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Julesong
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter; add the shallot, leek, garlic, celery, and thyme and sauté until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook slowly, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the clam juice or fish stock and cook until thickened.
- Add the reconstituted tomato, cooked wild rice, salmon, cream, and basil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Season to taste with Tabasco, salt, and white pepper.
- Serve with good, crusty bread.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Note: if you're not familiar with those dining, the fish stock is safest- many people are allergic to shellfish; unsalted chicken broth can also be used; other types of fish may also be substituted for the salmon.
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup minced leek, white and light green part only
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice or 24 ounces fish stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in warm water (measurement before reconstituting)
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/3 lb salmon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- white pepper, to taste
You'll also love
More recipes about Smoked Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder recipes
Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder Recipe, Whats Cooking America
Recipe From : whatscookingamerica.netPlace the uncooked wild rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse in cold water before cooking; shake to drain. In a small saucepan, cover the wild rice with 1 cup water. … ...
- Place the uncooked wild rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse in cold water before cooking; shake to drain.
- In a small saucepan, cover the wild rice with 1 cup water. Bring just to a boil, then let simmer, covered, approximately 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat (with lid on) and let steam for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork. Wild Rice will not be like regular rice, but will retain its nuttiness.
Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder – My Wooden Spoons
Recipe From : jsprat.wordpress.com2011-12-19 · This is a great mix for a warm and comforting fish chowder. You can do this recipe with canned salmon if desired ( along with cooked wild rice ) and you can come up with the same end result. Ingredients. 1 salmon steak ( cooked ) or 1 can salmon . 4 cups milk. 1/2 cup left over wild rice ( cooked ) 1/2 cup left over green beans ( cooked and chopped ) 1 large stalk celery, chopped. 1/2 … ... Show details
Salmon Wild Rice Soup - Dining with Alice
Recipe From : diningwithalice.comAdd sweet potatoes and cooked wild rice. Bring mix to a boil. Once bubbling, cook 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Turn heat down to low and add smoked salmon, spinach and dill. ...
- Melt butter and sauté onion until soft (not brown) in a large stockpot. Add coriander, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Blend in flour. The flour mixture should stick together and be clumpy.
- Gradually add the stock and whisk into the flour mixture until blended. Add sweet potatoes and cooked wild rice. Bring mix to a boil. Once bubbling, cook 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Turn heat down to low and add smoked salmon, spinach and dill. Add half and half and turn heat up to warm soup. Continue stirring, let stand 10-15 minutes to thicken.
Mimi's Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-07-10 · Of course, you must like smoked salmon to enjoy this rich, delicious chowder. I was a little suspicious of 1/2 cup flour for the roux, but it turned out wonderfully, I added a total of 8 cups of chicken stock and a little extra pinch of each herb. Don't skip the tarragon, it adds a wonderful dimension to this chowder… ...
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, combine the butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, and celery. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are transparent. Sprinkle flour over the mixture and stir well to make a dry roux. Gradually add the chicken broth and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in the potatoes, dill, tarragon, thyme, and paprika. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon, wine, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer over low heat, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the half-and-half and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not let the chowder boil after adding the half-and-half. Serve hot.
Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2020-03-10 · Put in the carrots, green onions, and parsley and then pour in the water and fish stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper and dill. Cover and simmer over low heat until carrots … ...
- Place the bacon into a large pot set over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes to release some of the drippings, then add the onions and celery. Cook and stir until bacon is crisp and onions and celery are tender.
- Put in the carrots, green onions, and parsley and then pour in the water and fish stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper and dill. Cover and simmer over low heat until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer for another 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture is light brown. Pour in a little bit of the milk to thin the roux, then pour it into the pot with the vegetables. Pour the rest of the milk into the pot and heat through, stirring constantly.
- When the soup has thickened slightly, stir in the white wine if using. Mix in the lemon juice, smoked salmon and corn. Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
10 Best Salmon Wild Rice Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com... Show details
Smoked Salmon Chowder - Delicious Healthy Recipes Made ...
Recipe From : skinnytaste.com2019-02-27 · Instructions. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt and sauté until vegetables start to soften, about 5 … ...
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt and sauté until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
10 Best Smoked Salmon Rice Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-11 · chives, salmon fillet, salt, mustard, ground black pepper, cheese and 1 more Nordic Smoked Salmon and Dill Shortbread On dine chez Nanou salt, salmon slices, softened butter, flour, poppy seeds, fresh dill Pancake Cake with Vegetables, Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese On dine chez Nanou ... Show details
Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2014-06-01 · Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Advertisement. Step 2. Combine milk, half-and-half, and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. ... Show details
Salmon and Wild Rice Chowder Recipe
Recipe From : recipenode.comSalmon and Wild Rice Chowder cream, rice, salmon, leek, celery, tomatoes, butter, flour, shallot, garlic, basil, tabasco Ingredients 2 tablespoons butter 1 shallot, finely chopped 3/4 cup minced leek, white and light green part only 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup diced celery 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme 1 1/2 tablespoons flour 3 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice or 24 ounces fish stock 2 ... ... Show details
Smoked Salmon Chowder - House of Nash Eats
Recipe From : houseofnasheats.com2019-05-12 · How to Make Smoked Salmon Chowder. First, cook up some chopped bacon in the bottom of a dutch oven or large heavy duty pot. Then drain the grease and add a little butter so you … ...
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown the bacon over medium heat until almost crispy, then drain the bacon grease. Add the butter to the cooked bacon. When the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, carrot, and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced potatoes, dill, thyme, basil, paprika, crushed fennel seeds, tomato paste, and capers and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken broth and increase the heat to medium-high. When the chowder comes to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes or just until the potatoes are softened and tender but not falling apart.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and stir until it melts into the soup. Add the salmon, cream, lemon juice, and hot sauce and allow the chowder to heat just until everything is gently heated through, but don't let the soup come to a boil after adding the cream. Once hot all the way through, taste and adjust the seasoning by adding the salt and pepper, as needed, and adding more hot sauce, if you like. You may not need any salt, depending on the saltiness of your capers and smoked salmon.
Smoked Salmon Chowder - Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Recipe From : melskitchencafe.com...
Smoked Salmon Chowder | Hy-Vee
Recipe From : hy-vee.comSet aside in a small bowl. Step 2. To the saucepan or stock pot, add flour; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth, capers and lemon juice; stir. Simmer to thicken, then reduce heat to low. Step 3. Add leek mixture to the broth. Add cooked wild rice, evaporated milk and smoked salmon and stir until warmed through. ...
Hearty Salmon and Wild Rice Soup | Chicken of the Sea
Recipe From : chickenofthesea.comHearty Salmon and Wild Rice Soup. Forget soups that have to simmer over the stove for hours on end—this simple rendition is ready in under 30 minutes and packs just as much flavor. Original recipe courtesy of Andie Mitchell. Total Time. 30 Minutes. Servings. 6. Share this recipe. Save recipe. Ingredients. 2 tablespoons olive oil. 1 small onion, chopped. 4 garlic cloves, minced. 2 medium ... ...
Wild-Caught Salmon Chowder | MaxLiving
Recipe From : maxliving.com2020-05-27 · Heat butter and coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add carrot, celery, and onion and cook until vegetables just begin to brown. Add broth, water, salmon, cauliflower, chives, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover and cook on simmer until salmon is just cooked … ...
Salmon-Wild Rice Soup - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2016-11-19 · 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) salmon, drained and flaked or use fresh salmon Cook bacon in 3 quart saucepan until crisp. Drain, reserving fat in saucepan. Cook and stir onion, celery and mushrooms in bacon fat until celery is tender. ...
World Best Diabetic Food Recipes : Salmon And Wild Rice ...
Recipe From : worldbestrecipesdiabetic.blogspot.comSalmon And Wild Rice Chowder Total Time: 30 mins Preparation Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins ... 1 cup cooked wild rice ; 1/3 lb salmon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces ; 1 cup heavy cream ; 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil ; 1 dash tabasco sauce ; salt ; pepper, to taste ; Recipe. 1 in a stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter; add the shallot, leek, garlic, celery, and thyme and sauté until ... ... Show details
Quick and Simple Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe | FishEx ...
Recipe From : fishex.comFlake smoked salmon with a fork and set aside. Heat soup and milk, bringing it to a boil. Add flaked smoked salmon. Then season with dill, freshly ground pepper, and salt to taste. ... Show details
Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe - Pinch of Yum
Recipe From : pinchofyum.com2014-10-11 · Instructions. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute until fragrant and soft. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan and get all those … ...
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute until fragrant and soft. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan and get all those yummy browned bits up in the mix.
- Add the potatoes, thyme, and 2 cups of the broth. Simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Whisk the flour into the milk and add to the pan (this helps it thicken up a little bit – more flour = more thickening). Add 1 cup of broth and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the soup starts thickening just slightly.
- Add the cream and smoked salmon just before serving. If you let the salmon simmer with the soup for too long, it will get mushy. Taste, adjust, and add the last cup of broth to thin out the consistency of the soup as desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Wild Salmon Marinade - St. Jean's Cannery & Smokehouse
Recipe From : stjeans.com2016-09-02 · Cook for 3-4 minutes then ﬂip the ﬁllets and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until the salmon is ﬁrm to the touch while still juicy. Mix the zest, pepper, … ...
- Place the salmon ﬁllets in a shallow container and brush Niko’s Marinade liberally on both sides of the salmon. Cover the salmon and put it in the fridge for one hour to allow the ﬂavors to absorb into the meat.
- Pre-heat your BBQ to maximum heat and ensure the grill surface is clean and wiped with a cloth that has been dipped in vegetable oil.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge, gently wipe off the excess marinade, and place on the hot BBQ with the skin side of the salmon facing up.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then ﬂip the ﬁllets and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until the salmon is ﬁrm to the touch while still juicy.