this recipe is from "the little book of christmas cooking". it is full of these great little recipes designed for kids to do with adults, with easy step by step instructions. - keep the cookies in an airtight container and eat them within a week. these little cookies look great when you draw different designs on them with regular and sparkly icing. i suggest using those prepackaged tubes of fine point icing for these cookies, but feel free to use any icing you want to. you will need to have something to pipe the cing on with. you will also need a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter for this.
Time: 42 minutes
- before you start , grease two cookie sheets with cooking oil
- put the butter into a bowl and stir until it is creamy
- sift the powdered sugar in and stir until the mixture is smooth
- sift the flour into the bowl and stir it in with a wooden spoon
- then , using your hands , squeeze the mixture to make a dough
- flatten the dough a little before you wrap it
- wrap the dough in plastic food wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- while the dough chills , preheat your oven to 350f
- dust a rolling pin and a clean work surface with a little flour', "don't use too much or the dough will get tough", 'roll out the dough until it is about 1 / 4 inch thickness
- cut out lots of circles with the cookie cutter , then , squeeze the scraps into a ball
- roll the ball out again , then cut out more circles
- place the circles onto the greased cookie sheets , about 6 on each
- bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes
- remove the cookies from the oven and leave them on the sheets for about 2 minutes
- then , move them onto a wire rack using a spatula
- let them cool completely before you ice them
- to begin the snowflake design , draw a line down the center of one cookie with the white writing icing
- draw two more lines crossing over the first one , so it sorta looks like an x with a line in the middle
- make the snowflake by adding small likes of writing icing across the ends of the lines
- try making them all a little different , since there are no snowflakes that are exactly alike
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- powdered sugar
- all-purpose flour
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course cuisine preparation occasion north-american low-protein 5-ingredients-or-less rolled-cookies desserts american easy refrigerator beginner-cook finger-food holiday-event kid-friendly kosher winter cookies-and-brownies dietary gifts christmas low-sodium low-cholesterol seasonal low-calorie low-carb midwestern low-in-something equipment presentation
You'll also love
More recipes about Snowflake Cookies recipes
Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1998-12-13 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Step 2 In a large bowl, cream the shortening with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. ...
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Sift the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and stir in gradually. Chill dough for at least one hour.
- Roll the chilled dough out to 1/8 inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before decorating.
Snowflake Cookies Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comCut with a floured 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Repeat with remaining dough. ...
- Divide in half. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle., On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
Snowflake Cookies Recipe - BettyCrocker.com
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2006-08-14 · In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but … ...
Snowflake Cookies - Recipes | Go Bold With Butter
Recipe From : goboldwithbutter.comStep 2. Ice the larger snowflake cookies and round cookies with 15-second count royal icing and a decorating tip number 3. Use a scribe tool or toothpick to help evenly distribute the icing. Ice the mini snowflake cookies … ...
- Bake and cool the cookies according to the recipe instructions.Ice the larger snowflake cookies and round cookies with 15-second count royal icing and a decorating tip number 3.
Scandinavian Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comStep 2. Heat the milk just to the boiling point in a saucepan. Stir together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl until well combined, then mix in the butter and gradually … ...
- Heat the milk just to the boiling point in a saucepan. Stir together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl until well combined, then mix in the butter and gradually pour in the hot milk, mixing between each addition, until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Turn the dough out onto an oiled work surface, and knead until the dough is cool and smooth, about 5 minutes. Cut the dough into 4 equal-sized pieces, then cut those pieces into 4 pieces, making 16 pieces. Divide each of the 16 pieces in half to make 32 equal-sized pieces of dough. Cover the pieces with a cloth, and let the dough rest for about 20 minutes.
- Working on a floured surface, roll each piece of dough out into a thin circle about 8 inches in diameter. Place the circles onto the prepared baking sheets, cover with a cloth, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
Snowflake Sugar Cookies | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2015-11-19 · Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper, set aside. Step 2 Beat butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric … ...
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Mix in egg and lemon extract until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Divide dough in half; shape into 2 flat disks. Wrap dough in parchment paper; refrigerate 1 hour until firm enough to roll.
Lemon Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com1999-05-18 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Step 2 Mix the cake mix, egg and whipped topping together. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended (batter will be sticky). ...
- Mix the cake mix, egg and whipped topping together. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended (batter will be sticky).
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into the confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Tender Snowflake Cookies That Will Melt In Your Mouth | Foodal
Recipe From : foodal.com2016-12-08 · Roll the dough into a log about 1-1 1/2" in diameter and cut into small pieces about 1/2-2/3" in length. Press a fork into each piece to create a rounded cookie with a wavy pattern on top. Place on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Make sure they do not become brown on top. ...
Snowflake Cookies - What Should I Make For...
Recipe From : whatshouldimakefor.com2020-12-22 · Sift flour, baking soda and salt together, set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix to combine. Add the flour in two batches, and blend until mixture just holds together. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Roll out between two sheets of wax paper and cut out shapes with cookie … ...
- Combine confectioners sugar, meringue powder and cream of tarter in large mixing bowl. Add water and clear vanilla and beat on high speed with paddle attachment until stiff peaks form, but mixture is not dry. Add water to reach desired piping consistency (tsp or two at a time), mixing after each addition of water.
- Fill piping bags fitted with round metal tips and ice the cookies. I divide the icing into two bowls, 2/3 reserved for flood icing (a thinner consistency ideal for covering the entire cookie) and 1/3 reserved for decorating (a little thicker and used for piping designs). Allow the base to dry for a couple hours before piping designs.
Fried Rosette Snowflake Cookies Recipe with Confectioners ...
Recipe From : kudoskitchenbyrenee.com2019-11-10 · Instructions. Heat 2″ of canola oil in a high sided pan to a temperature of 375 degrees. In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs and sugar; beat well. Add in the flour, … ...
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs and sugar; beat well. Add in the flour, milk, almond extract, and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Drain the excess oil from the iron. Dip the iron into the batter just to the top of the iron but DO NOT to cover the top or the rosette won't release from the iron.
Snowflake Cookies - Bake from Scratch
Recipe From : bakefromscratch.comComplete with two icy designs, these cookies look like the intricate inner workings of a snowflake. In reality, a simple series of lines, dots, and “V” shapes make up its pattern, offering the gold standard of royal iced cookies: easy execution, dazzling results. Save Recipe Print Snowflake Cookies Materials Needed Ingredients 6 cups Royal […] ... Show details
Snowflake Cookies Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2010-11-16 · Preheat oven to 375°. Using a floured rolling pin, roll 1 dough disc to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut out as many cookies as possible. With a lightly floured spatula, place cookies … ...
- In large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and butter; beat with a stand or hand mixer at low speed until blended (about 3 minutes). Increase speed to high; beat until light and creamy (about 3 minutes), occasionally scraping side of bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; add egg whites and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat just until blended.
- Divide dough in half; flatten each half into a disk. Wrap each disk with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Using a floured rolling pin, roll 1 dough disc to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut out as many cookies as possible. With a lightly floured spatula, place cookies 1 inch apart on an ungreased large baking sheet.
How to Decorate Snowflake Cookies: Video and Step-by-Step ...
Recipe From : realsimple.comTo make the Blue Christmas cookie: Using a bottle filled with white icing, draw 3 straight lines through the center of the snowflake from tip to tip, pausing at the start and end of each line to create a dot of extra icing (called “pooling”). Draw 3 shorter lines through the center to create a star pattern, pausing at the start and end. Draw “V” shapes on each flourish, pooling at the ... ...
Royal Icing Recipe | Snowflake Cut Out Cookies
Recipe From : tidymom.net2010-11-30 · 1/2 c. water. 1 lb. powdered sugar (SIFTED) 1 tsp light corn syrup. few drops clear extract (optional) I usually add a little vanilla & a little almond. Instructions. Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7-10 mins at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 mins at high speed with a … ...
Coffee cookies - Recipes - Snowflake
Recipe From : snowflake.co.zaAdd to butter mixture and mix well. Press the dough through a cookie maker or roll into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto greased baking trays, leaving enough space for spreading. Press down lightly … ...
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together. Add to butter mixture and mix well. Press the dough through a cookie maker or roll into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto greased baking trays, leaving enough space for spreading. Press down lightly with a fork.
Recipes - Snowflake
Recipe From : snowflake.co.za×. COVID-19 is a serious global pandemic. The South African government has created an online resource and news portal to educate South Africans about the … ... Show details
How to Make Easy Snowflake Sugar Cookies - Handle the Heat
Recipe From : handletheheat.com2016-11-21 · Make the cookies: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until well-combined and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, and … ...
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until well-combined and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until combined. On low speed, slowly add in the flour and baking powder and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to beat together all the ingredients except the food coloring. The mixture should be very thick but still pourable.
Snowflake Sugar Cookies - My Baking Addiction
Recipe From : mybakingaddiction.com2020-12-07 · Roll the dough to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick and cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or just until the edges barely start to turn golden. Remove from the baking … ...
- Cut the cookie dough into snowflake shapes and bake according to the recipe instructions. Allow to cool completely.
Snowflake Sugar Cookies Recipe | Southern Living
Recipe From : southernliving.comOutline snowflake cookies with white piping-consistency icing. Let dry for 1-2 minutes. Flood with white flooding-consistency icing. Let dry for 1-2 hours. ...
- Snip a very small opening (approx. 1/2 cm) in tip of 1 piping bag (for piping-consistency icing). Snip a slightly larger opening (approx. 1 cm) in tip of 1 piping bag (for flooding-consistency icing).
- Fill piping-consistency piping bag with 1/2 of the white Royal Icing. Mix an additional tablespoon of water (or amount needed to achieve flooding-consistency icing) into remaining Royal Icing. Fill flooding-consistency tipless piping bag with white flooding icing.
- Outline snowflake cookies with white piping-consistency icing. Let dry for 1-2 minutes. Flood with white flooding-consistency icing. Let dry for 1-2 hours.
Snowflake Ornament Cookies Recipe: How to Make It | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comCut with a floured 3-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a plastic straw, make a hole about 1/2 in. from the top of each cookie. Using small decorating cutters, cut out desired shapes to create designs in snowflakes. Bake 5-6 minutes or until set. Use straw to reopen holes in cookies… ...
- Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. , Divide dough into three portions.
Sparkling Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Quaker Oats
Recipe From : quakeroats.comCut dough with 3-inch snowflake or other large holiday cookie cutter. Place about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. If cookies will be used as tree ornaments, poke a hole at the top of each cookie with drinking straw before baking. (Repeat immediately after baking if hole closes.) Bake 6 to 8 minutes or just until set (centers may still be soft). Carefully remove to wire rack; cool ... ... Show details
Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Leite's Culinaria
Recipe From : leitesculinaria.com2020-12-12 · Make the cookie dough In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high … ...
- Meanwhile in the bowl of an electric mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the meringue powder, water, and confectioners’ sugar at medium-low speed until the icing forms stiff peaks, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer one-third of the icing to another bowl. Cover the surface of the icing with plastic wrap and set aside to use later to make designs on the iced cookies.
Snowflake Cookies Recipe | What's Cooking America
Recipe From : whatscookingamerica.net2015-06-20 · For Snowflake Cookies, bake approximately 9 1/2 to 12 minutes depending on size, rotating pans front to back once during baking. They should just begin to … ...
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter, and shortening approximately 3 minutes or until light and fluffy on medium speed. NOTE: I used my Kitchen Aid for these recipes. If using a hand mixer you will need to cream approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray lightly with pan coating.
- I chose this recipe because I can get Just Whites at my market. I had problems getting the Meringue Powder that is recommended in many recipes. Raw Egg Whites is not advised to use these days.
Snowflake Cookies - Preppy Kitchen
Recipe From : preppykitchen.com2017-12-15 · Preheat to 375 degrees F. In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs. On low, mix in sifted flour, sifted cornstarch and salt. Add vanilla. … ...
Brownie Snowflake Sugar Cookies - Holiday Recipe - OMC
Recipe From : ottawamommyclub.ca2020-12-04 · How To Make The Brownie Snowflake Sugar Cookies Add together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. ...
- Add together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Whisk to combine. Set to the side.
- In a stand mixer add the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Use a paddle attachment and beat until combined and fluffy. Begin to add the eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is fully incorporated. Begin to add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Cover a cutting board with plastic wrap. Take your dough and place on the plastic covered wood board. Form the dough into a ball. Cover the bag in plastic wrap. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Peppermint Bark Snowflake Cookies Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2014-12-03 · Cut with floured 2 1/2- to 3-inch snowflake-shaped cookie cutters; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, rerolling scraps. Step 3 Bake 7 to 10 minutes … ...
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; thoroughly work in flour. Work with half of dough at a time, refrigerating remaining dough until needed.
- On work surface sprinkled lightly with flour, roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/2- to 3-inch snowflake-shaped cookie cutters; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, rerolling scraps.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set and edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and vegetable oil uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spread mixture on cookies, and place close together on sheet of waxed paper or cooking parchment paper. Let set 5 minutes.
Snowflake Cookies - Soft and Delicious | Marcellina In Cucina
Recipe From : marcellinaincucina.com2020-11-25 · Snowflake Cookie Recipe. These Snowflake Cookies are decorated with fondant and royal icing or as desired. 5 from 5 votes. Print Pin Rate. Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes. Cook Time: 15 minutes. Chilling time: 1 hour. Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes. Servings: 40 cookies… ...
- Cream together the butter, sugar and any flavourings you’re using. Beat until just becoming creamy in texture.