Sticky Toffee Pudding With Toffee Sauce
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE
Time: 40 minutes
- put everything except the flour and eggs in a bowl , and leave for about two hours
- liquidise , adding the flour and the eggs
- this can be kept for up to two weeks in a covered container in a fridge
- you will need eight 6 oz metal pudding basins or eight 3 inch ramekin dishes , lightly greased
- place them on a cookie sheet and divide the batter equally among them
- the oven should be 350 f or 180 c
- cook at about 180 degrees c for about 25 minutes or until just firm
- place all ingredients in a pan and melt gently to make a smooth light coloured sauce
- to serve , cover with the toffee sauce , and dust with icing sugar
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- demerara sugar
- plain flour
- baking powder
- sugar rolled dates
- bicarbonate of soda
- vanilla essence
- double cream
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING WITH TOFFEE SAUCE
Sticky toffee pudding is essentially a rich, moist cake permeated with a thick caramel-like sauce (with extra for serving). Most recipes say to soak the dates in hot water, but here we use coffee. It gives the holiday favorite a surprising depth of flavor. Martha made this recipe on Martha Bakes episode 505.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Place dates in a bowl, pour coffee over dates, and let soak 15 minutes. Stir in baking soda.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low, and add half the flour mixture, beating until combined. Add date mixture and remaining flour mixture, and beat until just combined. (Do not overmix.) Transfer batter to dish, and bake until cake is puffed and springs back in center when gently pressed with a finger, about 25 minutes.
- Sauce: Meanwhile, combine butter, sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium (so sauce does not boil over) and boil, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and darkens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and pierce holes at 1-inch intervals to bottom of cake with a wooden skewer. Pour half of hot sauce over cake and let soak 20 minutes. Serve warm with remaining sauce. Cake soaked in sauce and remaining toffee sauce can be stored at room temperature up to 1 day. Before serving, warm cake in a 300 degrees oven 10 minutes, and sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for dish
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dish
- 8 ounces Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup scalding-hot strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup lightly packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup lightly packed dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING
Sticky toffee pudding isn't a creamy pudding as it's typically known in the US; it's a British dessert that consists of a moist date cake soaked in a rich toffee sauce. Versions vary, with some being a bit eggier and almost bread pudding-like in texture, while others have more of a light cake-like crumb. My version lies somewhere in between. I also add a cozy touch by steeping the dates in tea. (You can skip the tea and just use the same amount of hot water.) Served hot, sticky toffee pudding is a perfect winter dessert -- the kind that can be made in advance and reheated as needed.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Alejandra Ramos
Yield 12 servings
- For the cake: Remove and discard the pits from the dates, then chop the dates coarsely. Place in a small heatproof bowl and cover with the hot tea. Let soak until the dates are soft, at least 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray or vegetable oil, then line with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and let simmer until melted and slightly toasted (it will smell nutty), about 5 minutes. Pour into the date puree in the blender. Add the granulated sugar and molasses, and blend for 1 minute. Add the eggs, kosher salt and baking soda, and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and add the flour. Stir until smooth and evenly combined, then pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make the sauce: Combine the butter, cream and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, whisking, until thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla extract and kosher salt.
- To serve, cut the cake into squares then top with the toffee sauce. Sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt, if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- 12 ounces Medjool dates
- 2 cups brewed hot tea (choose a basic black tea, like English Breakfast)
- Nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil, for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon), for serving
You'll also love
More recipes about Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce recipes
Easy sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce recipe - BBC Food
Recipe From : bbc.co.ukFor the sauce, gently heat the cream in a saucepan. Add the sugar and butter and whisk until melted. Whisk in the syrup and treacle. To serve, turn the pudding out onto a … ...
Irresitable Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce
Recipe From : acanadianfoodie.com2010-01-19 · Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda (mixture will foam); rest for 20 minutes. Sift flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt together into a small bowl. In a … ...
Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce | James Martin Chef
Recipe From : jamesmartinchef.co.ukGrease a 23cm tin thoroughly with 25g of the butter, then dust the inside of the tin with flour. Using a food mixer, blend the remaining butter and sugar together. Slowly add the golden syrup, treacle, eggs and vanilla extract to the butter … ...
English Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2015-05-09 · Bake until pudding is set and firm on top, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack. Toffee Sauce: Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown … ...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch round or square baking dish. Sift the flour and baking powder onto a sheet of waxed paper. Chop the dates fine. Place in a small bowl and add the boiling water and baking soda; set aside. In a bowl of electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until blended. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the date mixture to the batter and fold until blended with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until pudding is set and firm on top, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Toffee Sauce: Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium low heat until mixture is thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat broiler. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce over the pudding. Spread evenly on top. Place pudding under the broiler until the topping is bubbly, about 1 minute. Serve immediately spooned into dessert bowls. Drizzle with toffee sauce and top with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake with Toffee Sauce - House of ...
Recipe From : houseofnasheats.com2019-05-12 · Toffee Sauce In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter over medium heat. Cook and stir until the butter and sugar melt together, then lower heat to a simmer add the cream and salt, stirring and cooking for 5 minutes until the sauce … ...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 6 individual ramekins or mugs or 9 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine the chopped dates, boiling water, baking soda and vanilla in a bowl (or just put them together in a food processor to chop the dates) and let the dates soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream together using a mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and mix well to combine.
RECIPE - Sticky Toffee Pudding - LCBO
Recipe From : lcbo.comSift the flour with the baking powder and mix into the butter and egg mixture. Stir in the dates and water. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake's centre comes out clean. 4. ... Show details
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce Recipe: How ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comCool to lukewarm. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder; … ...
Sticky toffee puddings with caramel sauce - Chatelaine
Recipe From : chatelaine.com2006-12-01 · Preheat oven to 350F. Stir dates with 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium. Gently boil, stirring often, for 3 min. Remove from heat. ...
Canadian toffee pudding with a sweet maple caramel sauce
Recipe From : more.ctv.ca2017-04-06 · Pour all of the ingredients in a pot except bourbon. Boil to thicken, about five minutes, add bourbon and cook for one minute. Slice pudding and serve with caramel sauce, a sprinkle of sea salt and a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream. Watch The Marilyn Denis Show Daily at 10am ET on CTV ...
Mary Berry's sticky toffee pudding recipe - BBC Food
Recipe From : bbc.co.ukTo make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Bring to the boil, stirring for a … ...
Traditional Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe | Brown Eyed Baker
Recipe From : browneyedbaker.com2020-11-18 · Preheat oven and grease your baking dish. Bring the toffee sauce together by adding the butter, brown sugar, and molasses to a saucepan. Boil on medium and … ...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8½-inch porcelain soufflé dish (or similar-sized baking dish).
- Make the toffee sauce by bringing the cream, dark brown sugar, golden syrup (or molasses) and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring often to melt the sugar.
- Lower heat and simmer, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and coats the spoon. Pour half the sauce into the prepared soufflé dish and place the dish in the freezer, and reserve the other half for serving.
- To make the pudding, in a medium saucepan, heat the dates and water. Once the water begins to boil, remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Set aside, but keep it slightly warm.
Stout Sticky Toffee Pudding with Whiskey Toffee Sauce Recipe
Recipe From : today.com2021-03-17 · Place the sticky toffee pudding portions onto each plate, arrange an orange slice and mint sprig on top, generously spoon sauce on plate and some over … ...
Swoon-Worthy Sticky Toffee Pudding | Crosby's Molasses
Recipe From : crosbys.com2015-02-09 · Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour muffin tins. Add the dates and water to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for two minutes. In a large … ...
Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe - Lil' Luna
Recipe From : lilluna.com2019-12-05 · Make the toffee sauce by combining the cream, butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan. Mix it and bring everything to a boil. Making sure to stir frequently and cook the mixture … ...
- Make toffee sauce by combining 1 1/4 cups cream, butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Making sure to stir frequently, cook mixture until it becomes a deep amber color (35-40 minutes).
- In another small saucepan, simmer dates in water on low heat for about 15 minutes (the dates should be soft). Once done, add the dates and excess liquid to a food processor and puree until smooth.
A Magical Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe for Harry Potter ...
Recipe From : followthebutterflies.com2020-08-26 · Bake for 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick or butter knife comes out clean. While baking prepare the toffee pudding sauce. In a small pot combine the butter, brown sugar, and toffee, and stir … ...
- Cover the dates with the boiling water and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until slightly incorporated.
Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe | Comfort Food Ideas ...
Recipe From : comfortfoodideas.comHow to make Sticky Toffee Pudding Date Cake: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder then, whisk together and set aside. Next, over medium-low heat in a small sauce pan … ...
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder then, whisk together and set aside
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce recipe ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com1999-04-01 · Make sauce: Bring cream, brown sugar and butter to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer sauce until … ...
Sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce - Chatelaine
Recipe From : chatelaine.com2021-03-29 · Boil a pot of water. COMBINE dates and 3/4 cup water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 to 4 min. Remove from heat, stir in … ...
Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee Sauce recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.com1998-05-01 · Make pudding: Preheat oven to 375°F. and butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan (2 inches deep), knocking out excess flour. Coarsely chop dates … ...
The BEST Sticky Toffee Pudding (So Easy!) | All Ways Delicious
Recipe From : allwaysdelicious.com2019-10-18 · Place the dates and baking soda in a bowl, pour the boiling water over, and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream … ...
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 6-cup bundt pan, 9-inch round or square cake pan, 2-quart soufflé dish, or a 6-cavity mini tube or bundt pan
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour mixture in several additions, beating after each until incorporated. Stir in the dates and their soaking liquid.
Steamed Sticky Toffee Pudding With Toffee Sauce Recipe ...
Recipe From : ellegracedeveson.com2020-09-27 · How To Make Toffee Sauce: It’s completely optional wether you make your toffee sauce whilst your pudding is steaming or once the pudding has finished steaming. You CAN re-heat the sauce. To make your toffee sauce, in a pan set over a low heat, combine the 500ml of double cream, 175g of unsalted butter and 175g of demerara sugar. ...
Sticky Toffee Pudding - Preppy Kitchen
Recipe From : preppykitchen.com2020-11-24 · How to make Sticky Toffee Pudding. 1. Add half of the cream and all other sauce ingredients to a heavy-based saucepan. 2. Cook for 30-40 minutes until it’s an amber color. 3. Add the … ...
- Add half the cream and everything else to a medium-sized heavy pot. Place over medium-low heat and stir occasionally.
- Add the pitted dates and water to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed. Transfer to a food processor or blender, add the vanilla and process into a smooth puree then set aside.