Texas Hash(stove Top)
TEXAS HASH(STOVE TOP)
Make and share this Texas Hash(stove top) recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Braunda
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- In large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until light brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Add Onions,Green Pepper, cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in Tomatoes,Rice,Chili Powder,Salt,Ground Cumin and Pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low cover cook for 25-30 mins.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion (Diced)
- 1 large green pepper (Diced)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5)
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
The great thing about Texas Hash is that you can adjust the seasonings and other ingredients to suit your taste preferences. So it can gave be as hot or mild as your taste buds will tolerate. We serve this with thick slices of Texas Toast that we lightly toast during the last several minutes that the Texas Hash is baking.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Northwestgal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with a cooking spray (Pam, or similar); set aside. Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sauté the beef, onion and celery in a large skillet over medium heat until no pink remains in the beef and the onions are clear. Place the meat mixture in a colander to let the excess grease drain.
- Return the meat mixture to the skillet. Add the tomatoes, green pepper, rice, garlic and all remaining ingredients (spices/herbs) to the skillet. Stir well.
- Pour the meat/rice mixture into the prepared 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover the baking dish, and bake in a 375º oven for 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and soft.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 15 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley
You'll also love
More recipes about Texas Hash(stove top) recipes
Texas Hash Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-04-04 · I made this for my daycare kids lunch and they loved it!! I thought it was great! Very easy and fast. Changes I made: Used long grain white rice (not instant) half an onion 2 red mini sweet bell peppers added 1 clove garlic chopped 1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies grated cheddar cheese on top. ...
Texas Hash - A Family Feast | Delicious Recipes for ...
Recipe From : afamilyfeast.com2014-09-24 · In a skillet that has a tight fitting cover, heat olive oil over medium high. Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper. Sauté until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook. Add rice and cook for two minutes letting rice absorb liquid. ...
Texas Hash Recipe - Recipe Vibes
Recipe From : recipevibes.com2020-06-03 · How to Make Texas Hash Place a skillet on the stove, add olive oil, onions, and garlic and saute for a minute before adding the bell pepper. Add in the ground beef, chilli, black pepper and bouillon. Stir and cook till the meat is no longer pink (around 2 -3minutes) then drain the fat from the meat. ...
- Place a skillet on the stove, add olive oil, onions, and garlic and saute for a minute before adding the bell pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes then drain the fat from the meat. Add in tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, worcester sauce, and salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add in rice. Add water, cover the skillet with a lid then cook on low heat for 30 minutes or till rice is tender.
Mom's Texas Hash Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-06-08 · Step 1 In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, until the meat is no longer pink, and the onion is soft; drain fat. Step 2 In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine the ground beef mixture, and pureed tomatoes. ...
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, until the meat is no longer pink, and the onion is soft; drain fat.
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine the ground beef mixture, and pureed tomatoes. Season with Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. I just keep adding stuff until it tastes good. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to blend flavors. Serve over rice.
Texas Hash - My Windowsill
Recipe From : mywindowsill.com2016-06-13 · Saute your onion, green peppers and garlic (optional) in olive oil or butter. Add hamburger (previously fried and drained), tomatoes, rice, and seasonings. The recipe doesn’t call for corn, but I added a can of drained … ...
Recipe: Texas Hash (using ground beef and rice, 1970's ...
Recipe From : recipelink.comTEXAS HASH 1 lb. ground beef 3 large onions, sliced 1 large green bell pepper, chopped 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice 1 to 2 tsp. chili powder 2 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large skillet, cook and stir ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked rice ... ... Show details
Best Ever Crispy Stove Top Hash Browns · Hidden Springs ...
Recipe From : hiddenspringshomestead.com2018-09-29 · Once iron skillet is hot, add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to cover the bottom of skillet well. Tilt to cover bottom surface thoroughly. Toss in frozen homemade hash browns . Spread into an even layer about 1 inch thick, add salt and pepper to your taste. Iron skillet should be hot when adding hash … ...
Make Texas hash for family dinner this week | Southern Kitchen
Recipe From : southernkitchen.comAdd the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until no longer pink. Drain of excess fat. Add the tomatoes, water, bell pepper, rice, oregano, … ...
Stove Top Hashbrown Casserole - Spend With Pennies
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2014-08-18 · Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add hash browns, onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until onion is soft and hash browns are defrosted and slightly browned. Add in flour, dry mustard, parsley, salt & pepper. ...
How to Make Texas Hash | WFPB - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comTexas Hash is one of our favorite meals. This a similar to chili, but easy to make on the stove top in a flash. I created this meal to use up fresh tomatoes ... ... Show details
Our 65 Best-Ever Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com2019-04-29 · Bake up the ultimate shareable cookie. For variety, replace the chocolate chips with an equal quantity of M&M's or chocolate chunks. Or go super fancy by mixing the chocolate chips and pecans into the dough, then gently folding in 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Go to Recipe. ...
One-pot Texas Hash | 12 Tomatoes
Recipe From : 12tomatoes.com2020-03-25 · Texas hash, with loads of yummy spices, is just that type of recipe. The familiar ingredients make it comfort food, but presented in a way that you might not have tried before. To make this dish … ...
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper in a skillet with olive oil. Sauté until ground beef is browned and stirring as it cooks to ensure beef is broken up.
- Remove lid after 20 minutes and fluff with fork. If mixture is soupy or wet cook for an additional 2 minutes uncovered.
Texas Hash - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2013-04-01 · Brown beef, onion, and pepper; drain. Add all other ingredients and cook for 10 minutes on top of stove. Put in greased casserole dish and bake 45 minutes in 350 degree oven. Add review or comment ... Show details
22 TEXAS HASH ideas | texas hash, cooking recipes, stuffed ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comTexas Hash - A quick one-skillet meal the whole family will love! Made with ground beef, peppers, rice, tomatoes and chili powder. One-Pan Texas Hash with fluffy rice, seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, and spices is your ultimate Fall comfort food. This rice casserole is hearty, delicious and cooks in … ...
Texas Hash - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2016-12-02 · Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Texas Hash. Printer-friendly version. TEXAS HASH : Saute in 3 tablespoons fat until onions are yellow: 3 lg. onions, sliced 1 lg. green pepper, minced. Add and fry until mixture falls apart: 1 lb. ground beef. Stir in: 2 c. cooked tomatoes (#303 can) 1/2 c. washed uncooked rice (or 2 c. uncooked noodles) 1 tsp. chili powder 2 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper. Pour into ... ... Show details
Texas Hash Recipe - The Reluctant Gourmet
Recipe From : reluctantgourmet.com2012-07-23 · So here is her recipe for Texas Hash from the ... If the hissing turns to crackling and popping and it begins to smoke, remove the skillet from the fire/stove top. Try to keep the heat even and moderate. This is when a heavy duty cast iron pan comes in handy. With a heat-safe spatula, gently lift up the edges of the hash. You’re looking to see if a golden-brown crust has formed on the hash ... ...
1950's Spanish Rice Aka Texas Hash | Just A Pinch Recipes
Recipe From : justapinch.com2015-05-18 · In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook onion, green bell pepper, garlic and rice for several minutes, then add ground beef; cook until meat is no longer pink. … ...
Texas-Style Ground Beef and Rice Casserole Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comAdd the garlic and bell pepper to the ground beef mixture and cook for 2 minutes longer. To the skillet, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked rice, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend the ingredients thoroughly. Transfer the beef and rice mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. ... Show details
Texas Ground Beef Casserole - Daily Appetite
Recipe From : dailyappetite.com2017-09-06 · In a large cast iron skillet brown ground beef and onion. Season with 1 tsp of Lawry's seasoned salt. ...
Texas Ground Beef Hash Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comStep 1. Sauté onion and green pepper in shortening over low heat until tender. Add meat; cook over low heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain off pan drippings. Advertisement. Step 2. Add … ...
- Sauté onion and green pepper in shortening over low heat until tender. Add meat; cook over low heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain off pan drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.