this risotto is a real comfort food. tofu has a quite bland taste, but i particularly love the texture of it. in this dish the tofu absorbs all the rich tastes of wine, parmesan cheese and garlic!
Time: 35 minutes
- melt butter and oil in large frying pan , cook onions until translucent , add mushrooms saute until golden , add garlic saute for another minute , salt and pepper to taste , set aside
- in same frying pan , saute tofu until golden on all sides , you might want to add more olive oil and butter
- the reason why you shouldent use the mori-nu tofu is because even the extra firm one is too soft and will fall apart !
- add arborio rice to the tofu and start adding the chicken stock with the wine one cup at a time until all liquids are absorbed
- continue stirring and adding stock and wine until the rice is tender and add the frozen peas , add salt , pepper and thyme
- this step should take approximately 20 minutes
- finally stir in parmesan cheese until it melts and risotto becomes creamy
- serve piping hot -- enjoy !
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- extra firm tofu
- frozen peas
- garlic cloves
- arborio rice
- chicken stock
- white wine
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
This risotto is a real comfort food. Tofu has a quite bland taste, but I particularly love the texture of it. In this dish the tofu absorbs all the rich tastes of wine, parmesan cheese and garlic!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chouny
Yield 8 serving(s)
- Melt butter and oil in large frying pan, cook onions until translucent, add mushrooms saute until golden, add garlic saute for another minute, salt and pepper to taste,set aside.
- In same frying pan, saute tofu until golden on all sides, you might want to add more olive oil and butter. The reason why you shouldent use the Mori-Nu Tofu is because even the extra firm one is too soft and will fall apart!
- Add arborio rice to the tofu and start adding the chicken stock with the wine one cup at a time until all liquids are absorbed. Continue stirring and adding stock and wine until the rice is tender and add the frozen peas, add salt, pepper and thyme. This step should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Finally stir in parmesan cheese (only fresh parmesan should be used for this recipe!) until it melts and risotto becomes creamy.
- Serve piping hot -- enjoy!
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 2 cups extra firm tofu (in small dices, not the mori-nu tofu)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
You'll also love
More recipes about Tofu Risotto recipes
Smoked Tofu Risotto with Lemon & Basil (Dairy-Free) | The ...
Recipe From : thepeskyvegan.com2021-03-16 · Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over a baking sheet or oven dish and spread out the tofu pieces evenly. Sprinkle with salt … ...
Category: Main Course, Risotto
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Total Time: 40 mins
- While the tofu is cooking, you can start with the risotto. Heat the vegan stock in a saucepan then keep at a very low simmer (or see notes for 'cheat' method).
Tofu and Mushroom Risotto Recipe | SparkRecipes
Recipe From : recipes.sparkpeople.com1. Heat oil over medium-high heat (use a large, heavy pot; a dutch oven works well) 2. Sprinkle pepper on tofu cubes & then toss in oil about 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. ... Show details
Creamy Courgette Risotto Recipe | Foodaciously
Recipe From : foodaciously.com2019-08-05 · Add mashed silken tofu and season with salt, pepper, lemon zest, thyme, parsley and chives (1). Stir well until the ingredients are well incorporated and remove from the heat (2). Garnish this creamy courgette risotto with grated lemon zest, … ...
Total Time: 30 mins
- Heat the olive oil and sizzle chopped onions and crushed garlic. Stir in the risotto rice and cook for 3 minutes. Pour a ladle of hot broth in the pan with rice and allow to become absorbed before adding the next. Keep doing so until the rice is half way though cooking time.
- Add mashed silken tofu and season with salt, pepper, lemon zest, thyme, parsley and chives. Combine the ingredients and remove the pan from the heat. Garnish with parsley, lemon zest, and roasted courgettes chips.
Creamy Vegetable Vegan Risotto | Minimalist Baker Recipes
Recipe From : minimalistbaker.com2018-03-27 · RISOTTO 3 1/2 – 4 cups vegetable broth (warmed on the stovetop // store-bought) 2 Tbsp water (or oil), divided 1 small bundle asparagus (ends … ...
Category: Entree, Side
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Italian-Inspired, Vegan
Total Time: 30 mins
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth over medium heat. Once simmering, reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In the meantime, heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add half of the water (or oil) and the asparagus (and/or broccolini) and the red bell pepper. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and sauté until just tender and slightly browned - 3-4 minutes - stirring frequently. Cover to steam and speed cooking time. Remove from pan, uncover, and set aside.
- Heat another large rimmed pan over medium heat. Once hot, add remaining water (or oil) and shallot. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until softened and very slightly browned.
- Add arborio rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Then add dry white wine (or more vegetable broth) and stir gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
10 Rich and Creamy Plant-Based Risotto Recipes - One Green ...
Recipe From : onegreenplanet.orgThese vegan risotto recipes are just as, if not more delicious than they’re non-vegan counterparts. They feature mushrooms, tofu, squash, eggplant, and more! Pick one plant-based risotto recipe ... ...
Author: Shelby Hettler
20 Fantastically Easy Risotto Recipes - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.com...
Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
- Easy Traditional Risotto. Using freshly grated Parmesan cheese in this easy traditional risotto recipe is a must. A good-quality white wine will also enhance the flavor of this easy risotto recipe.
- Mushroom Risotto. The real magic in this mushroom risotto recipe comes from using mushroom stock, but any vegetable stock can be substituted. Meaty mushrooms give a savory, rich flavor to this tasty vegetarian risotto dish that makes a great lunch or dinner option.
- Crock Pot Ham and Pea Risotto. When you think about it, the low, slow heat of a slow cooker is the perfect way to make risotto. This yummy crock pot ham and pea risotto recipe turns out very smooth and creamy.
- Long-Grain Rice Chicken Risotto. Would you believe that regular long-grain rice works in this chicken risotto? The purists may stick to Arborio rice, which is certainly nice.
- Butternut Squash Risotto. Butternut squash risotto is a fantastic variation on the basic risotto recipe. Butternut squash is rich in both vitamin C and potassium, making this a delicious, nutritious dish you can feel great about enjoying.
- Baked Risotto Recipe. Baking the risotto in a hot oven, after the mixture is brought to a simmer on the stovetop, is a super-easy way of making this tasty rice side dish.
- Savory Chicken Risotto. Here's a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken (or use a supermarket rotisserie chicken), which adds satisfaction to a classic risotto recipe.
- Italian Sweet Pea Risotto. This elegant and colorful Italian sweet pea risotto recipe is made with sweet green peas and prosciutto for a classic variation on Italian risotto.
- Lobster Risotto. When you're cooking to impress, look no further than this divinely decadent lobster risotto recipe that's surprisingly simple to put together.
- Spicy Risotto With Red Pepper Recipe. Here's a low-fat vegetarian and vegan recipe for spicy risotto with red pepper, that gets plenty of kick from cayenne and red pepper flakes.
Basic Risotto | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2014-07-21 · In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion in half the butter. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat well. Add the white wine and … ...
Category: Main Dishes
Total Time: 45 mins
The Most Amazing Tofu Ricotta - Create Mindfully
Recipe From : createmindfully.com2015-12-17 · Tofu Ricotta Recipe. If you are looking for a dairy free ricotta, you have come to the right place. This vegan ricotta is sure to please! If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating. Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees … ...
Total Time: 20 mins
Risotto Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThe beginning and the end of this risotto recipe are pretty standard, but we've moved the middle 15 minutes into the oven in an attempt to eliminate those dreaded 'variables.' Besides being easier and more repeatable, this method produced a risotto that was identical in looks, taste, and texture to anything I can do on the stove. By Chef John. Mushroom Risotto. Mushroom Risotto Rating: 4.55 ... ... Show details
Tofu and Artichoke Risotto Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comPour soy milk and apple juice into the rice. When the rice has absorbed the liquids, gradually pour in vegetable stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, until absorbed. Reserve about 1/4 cup stock. Cover, and cook about 20 minutes, until rice … ...
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and margarine. Stir in 1/2 the onion, and saute until tender. Stir in the rice, and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour soy milk and apple juice into the rice. When the rice has absorbed the liquids, gradually pour in vegetable stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, until absorbed. Reserve about 1/4 cup stock. Cover, and cook about 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, lightly brown the tofu and remaining onion in the reserved marinated artichoke heart liquid. Stir in the garlic.
- Remove the rice from heat, and thoroughly mix remaining vegetable stock, tofu mixture, artichoke hearts, corn, and cayenne pepper into the rice.
Tomato and tofu risotto recipe | Mutti
Recipe From : mutti-parma.com2019-09-02 · Halve and peel the onion. Cut the onion halves and fennel bulb into thin strips. Cut the tofu into slices and season with Mutti Triple Paste, mixed herbs and crushed garlic. Put the stock and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to boil. ...
Estimated Reading Time: 1 min
Category: Main Dish
Reduced-Fat Vegetarian Artichoke Risotto Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comReduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook remaining half of onion in the 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and cook briefly. Add tofu and cook another few minutes. ...
Saturated Fat 2g: 10%
Cholesterol 4mg: 1%
Total Fat 8g: 11%
Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto with Crispy Tofu - Robust Recipes
Recipe From : robustrecipes.com2018-09-14 · Cook the tofu: Toss the drained tofu in a bowl with olive oil and the gluten free soy sauce/tamari until the tofu is well coated. Add the corn starch/arrowroot powder and toss until well … ...
Cuisine: Gluten Free
Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. And line a medium rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper Set aside.
- Drain the tofu from water (at this point you can use a tofu press if you have one and skip the next step) cut the tofu into 1 inch bite sized cubes. Place the cubes on a few layers of paper towels or a clean, lint free kitchen towel, cover the top with more paper towels or the other end of the kitchen towel. Place a cutting board on top of the tofu and place 2 to 4 heavy jars or cans on top of the tofu. Allow the tofu to dry out while you prepare the other ingredients. If you have time to do this step 30 minutes in advance it is best for resulting in a crispier tofu, but okay doing at beginning of recipe.
- At this time chop veggies as instructed above and place into separate bowls so that they are waiting for you.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor, process until the cauliflower resembles rice (you only need to pulse a few times) – work in batches if necessary. Set aside.
Spinach and Tofu Risotto - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2016-06-19 · Home > Recipes > Pastas > Spinach and Tofu Risotto. Printer-friendly version. SPINACH AND TOFU RISOTTO : 8 oz. tofu 1/2 c. chopped onion 1-2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tbsp. corn oil 1 (15 oz.) can Italian tomatoes, cut up 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed 2 c. cooked brown rice 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained 1 c. shredded cheese (Swiss or cheddar) 1 tbsp. toasted … ... Show details
Korean Risotto Bowl with Crispy Tofu - Colavita Recipes
Recipe From : colavitarecipes.com2019-03-04 · Let sit 5-10 minutes. 8. Remove the tofu from the sauce and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10-15 minutes, until the tofu … ...
Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Risotto Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comFrom traditional recipes to those made with oats (don't knock it 'til you try it), risotto is the perfect dish when you're craving something warm, rich and comforting. All Risotto Recipes Ideas ... ... Show details
Tofu and Pumpkin Risotto - House Foods
Recipe From : house-foods.comHeat a pan with olive oil. Season the tofu cubes with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, sear the tofu on both sides to brown. Set aside once browned. ... Show details
Honey Baked Tofu And Mushroom Risotto (French Oven Recipe ...
Recipe From : penelopesoasis.comPreheat oven to 350 degrees, then bake honey marinated tofu for 8 minutes on each side in french oven. Put tofu on side. 2. Place oven on stove top and add vegetable broth. ... Show details
Tofu, Porcini and Pak Choi Risotto - Recipes | Cauldron Foods
Recipe From : cauldronfoods.co.ukRoughly chop the porcini. Heat the butter in a wide shallow pan and cook the onion and garlic until softened. Add the shitake mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes then add the … ...
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid through a sieve to remove any grit and keep for the risotto. Roughly chop the porcini.
- Heat the butter in a wide shallow pan and cook the onion and garlic until softened. Add the shitake mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes then add the porcini and risotto rice and stir until coated.
- Add the marinated tofu pieces gradually adding the stock and the porcini soaking liquid, stir until the rice is tender but still has a little bite (you may not need all the stock) adding the pak choi whilst you still have about 5 minutes cooking time to go so that the leaves wilt and the white stalks are tender but remain crunchy. Season to taste.
Barley Risotto with Spinach and Tofu Recipe
Recipe From : vegetariantimes.com2007-11-03 · Place bouillon cubes and 6 cups water in large glass measuring cup, and heat in microwave 5 minutes, or until boiling. ...
Hearty Spinach And Tofu Risotto Recipe - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.com2009-12-30 · Place tofu in blender container. Cover; blend till smooth. In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in warm oil till onion is tender. Add in undrained tomatoes and oregano.Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 min. Stir in tofu, rice, spinach, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Divide mix into 4 individual greased cassroles or possibly place all of the mix in a greased 1 1 ... ...
Creamy and Savoury Risotto Recipes - page 2 | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.comEggs 62. Fish 271. Fondue 18. Game 29. Goose, Guinea fowl and Other Poultry 12. Lamb 66. Legumes 89. Meal Salads 20. ... Show details
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Risotto - Loving It Vegan
Recipe From : lovingitvegan.com2020-08-31 · Of course a standard risotto recipe uses parmesan in the risotto and is usually served with extra parmesan on top. I knew I had to make a batch of vegan mushroom risotto for the blog, and I can tell you, this version doesn’t miss the cheese at all. When I first made this recipe, I used white wine, which a lot of risotto recipes … ...
Calories: 396 per serving
Total Time: 45 mins
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion and sauté on medium high for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Cover the pot and cook for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms have released some of their water.
Tofu recipes - BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com...
- Tofu escalopes with black olive salsa verde. 8 ratings 4.9 out of 5 star rating. Pressed tofu makes a delicious vegetarian alternative to chicken Milanese, with a crisp mustard and Parmesan breadcrumb coating.
- Miso-glazed tofu steaks with beansprout salad & egg strands. 3 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Simmer tofu in a Japanese-style marinade, then serve in a zingy Korean-inspired salad with colour and crunch.
- Sesame-crusted tofu with gingery noodles. 9 ratings 3.6 out of 5 star rating. Not sure what to do with tofu? Try coating it in sesame seeds, shallow frying and serving with a tasty Asian-style vegetable stir-fry.
- Ginger sweet tofu with pak choi. 64 ratings 4.3 out of 5 star rating. If you thought tofu was bland, this is the recipe to convince you otherwise. 45 mins.
- Crispy tofu. 10 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. Fry tofu in a coating of smoked paprika, garlic and seasoning to make these crispy tofu bites. Eat as a snack or as a starter or side dish in a veggie feast.
- Tofu & spinach cannelloni. 38 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Tasty tofu is a vegetarian's best friend and this cannelloni dish, packed with protein and iron, is sure to be a freezable favourite.
- Vegan pad Thai. 10 ratings 4.3 out of 5 star rating. An easy, plant-based alternative to the classic pad Thai, this version combines tofu and asparagus with crispy beansprouts, onions, rice noodles and a zingy sauce.
- Soba noodle & edamame salad with grilled tofu. 9 ratings 4.4 out of 5 star rating. This low-fat, superhealthy supper will have you feeling virtuous all week.
- Spicy tofu kedgeree. 14 ratings 3.8 out of 5 star rating. A spicy vegetarian dish which is great for feeding friends in a hurry. Try it with smoked mackerel, too.
- Vegan smoothie. 3 ratings 3.4 out of 5 star rating. A dairy-free vegan smoothie with fruit juice, tofu and oats to power you up at breakfast or provide sustenance for exercise.
Cauliflower Rice Risotto Recipe | Openfit
Recipe From : openfit.com2020-02-26 · Instructions. Chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces, chop onion, and finely chop garlic; set aside. Place tofu, garlic, basil, and salt in a blender or food processor; cover and blend until smooth. … ...
Category: Main Course
Total Time: 30 mins
- Place tofu, garlic, basil, and salt in a blender or food processor; cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, asparagus, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms are browned and asparagus is tender-crisp. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Lightly coat same pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and cauliflower; cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft.
Smoked Tofu Rice And Barley Risotto ... - One Green Planet
Recipe From : onegreenplanet.org2020-01-19 · Sauté for a few minutes, allowing the mushrooms to release some of their juices. Add the crumbled tofu and the rice and pearl barley. Mix well. Add the … ...