Veal With Dill Sauce
VEAL WITH DILL SAUCE
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Yield 6 servings
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy three-quart casserole. Add the veal and sear it until it is lightly browned. Remove the veal from the pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook over low heat until they are soft but not brown. Add the wine and stock and cook over high heat, scraping the pan. Cook until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Return the veal to the pan, season with salt and pepper and baste with the pan juices. Stir in the cream and half the dill. Cover and simmer for about one hour, until the veal is fork tender. If, toward the end of cooking, too much of the liquid in the pan has evaporated, add a little more stock or wine.
- Check seasonings again and stir in the remaining dill and the lemon juice. Serve at once.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless veal for stew
- 3 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup semidry white wine such as Riesling
- 1/2 cup well-flavored veal or chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
POLISH VEAL BALLS WITH DILL
Make and share this Polish Veal Balls With Dill recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by mommymakeit4u
Yield 1 batch meatballs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 slices white bread, soaked in milk and dried a little
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground veal
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
VEAL STEW WITH LEMON AND DILL
Make and share this Veal Stew With Lemon and Dill recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by JennyMidget
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Coat veal pieces in flour. Brown in pan.
- Add onion to pan, cook until soft.
- Sprinkle in lemon juice.
- Add water and wine, stir.
- Add dill.
- Simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, peas, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer a further 15 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 700 g lean veal, diced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 200 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- ground black pepper
You'll also love
More recipes about Veal With Dill Sauce recipes
Veal Breast with Dill Sauce - Denmark: Travel, Recipes ...
Recipe From : danishnet.comMelt butter in a skillet. Add flour and stir continuously until smooth. Add the stock from the veal gradually, stirring after each addition. Add rest of the ingredients (crushed dill, vinegar, egg yolk, salt). ... Show details
Veal stew in a creamy dill sauce (Dillkött)
Recipe From : swedishfood.comPlace the meat back in the pan and add the onion, carrot, leek or celery, bay leaf, thyme, white peppercorns and salt. Pour in just enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to simmering point and then simmer for 45-60 minutes until tender, skimming off any surface scum at regular intervals. 3. ...
Breast of Veal with Dill Sauce Danish Recipe
Recipe From : danishnet.com2015-12-06 · Breast of Veal with Dill Sauce Kalvebryst med Dildsauce. Traditional Danish recipe for Breast of Veal. Absolutely delicious and ideal for entertaining. Serves 6. 3 pounds of lean veal breast; 1 bay leaf; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 teaspoon pepper; 2 tablespoons butter; 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill Place the meat very briefly in a frying pan, both sides; Cover the meat with boiling water; Add bay ... ... Show details
Cooked Veal In Dill Sauce Recipe - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.comDice veal. Chop onion and soup greens. Braise and season with salt and pepper. Cover with stock. Simmer till done. Drain meat and vegetables. Fill into serving dish. Keep hot. Thicken stock with flour. Season to taste. Stir in cream, dill and lemon juice. Pour sauce … ... Show details
This traditional Danish veal recipe will dill sauce is the ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comMay 1, 2018 - This traditional Danish veal recipe will dill sauce is the perfect recipe to impress your guests. May 1, 2018 - This traditional Danish veal recipe will dill sauce is the perfect recipe to impress your guests. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe ... ... Show details
Wiener Schnitzel with Lemon Dill Sauce - Fox Valley Foodie
Recipe From : foxvalleyfoodie.com2015-10-18 · Add remaining broth and let liquid reduce while boiling. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and dill weed once the liquid has begun to reduce and stir to combine. Set heat on low to keep warm once thicken, but let it simmer if the sauce is thin. Serve schnitzel topped with sauce, … ...
- Setting up a dredging station of 1 large bowl of flour, 1 large bowl of beaten eggs, and one large bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom completely. (Oil temperature should be ~380 degrees)
- Sprinkle meat lightly with salt and pepper then proceed to dip in flour mixture, shake off the excess then dip in beaten eggs, let eggs drain off then coat completely in breadcrumbs.
Veal Scaloppini with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comDissolve the cornstarch in about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, and set aside. Pour the remaining chicken broth into the skillet, season with garlic pepper and lemon pepper, and bring to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, stir in the dissolved cornstarch, … ...
- Dip veal into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumbs. Gently shake off excess, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breaded scaloppini, and cook until golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink on the inside, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, and keep warm.
- Pour in lemon juice and white wine. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Dissolve the cornstarch in about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, and set aside. Pour the remaining chicken broth into the skillet, season with garlic pepper and lemon pepper, and bring to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling, stir in the dissolved cornstarch, and cook until thickened and clear, about 1 minute. Remove the sauce from the heat, then whisk in heavy cream. Place the veal on a serving platter, and pour sauce overtop to serve.
Dill Kalv (Boiled Veal with Sweet and Sour Dill Sauce) Recipe
Recipe From : cooking.nytimes.comHeat the butter in a large saucepan and add the flour, stirring with a wire whisk. When blended, add the reserved 2 1/2 cups of cooking liquid, stirring rapidly with the whisk. Add the sweet and... ...
- Put the veal in a kettle and add the water to barely cover. Partly cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Let simmer 10 minutes, skimming the surface often to remove all fat and scum.
- Add salt, peppercorns, celery, carrots and onion. Cover tightly and let simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove from the heat and let stand, uncovered, until ready to serve.
- Transfer the meat to a warm platter. Strain the cooking liquid; there should be about six cups. Discard solids. Reserve 2 1/2 cups of liquid for the sauce; the remaining liquid may be used for soups or other sauces, if desired.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the flour, stirring with a wire whisk. When blended, add the reserved 2 1/2 cups of cooking liquid, stirring rapidly with the whisk.
Roasted Rack of Veal with Wild Mushroom Sauce | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2013-05-07 · Add veal stock, maple syrup, mushrooms, and reserved soaking water. Bring to a boil and reduce by three quarters or until sauce begins to be slightly syrupy, … ...
10 Best Veal Cutlet Sauce Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-06-13 · Adobo Sauce La Cocina Mexicana de Pily. onion, white vinegar, sugar, chilies, Ancho chilies, cinnamon stick and 5 more. Orange Sauce Sobre Dulce y Salado. sour cream, sugar, cheese, orange, orange juice, ground black pepper and 1 more. ... Show details
Breaded Veal Cutlets with Creamy Dill and Lemon Sauce
Recipe From : lelarge.st-hubert.comSeason the cutlets and dip in flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs to coat well. In a non-stick skillet, heat butter and oil over high heat. Cook cutlets on both sides until golden brown. Serve cutlets topped with Dill and Lemon Sauce. ... Show details
Veal Meatballs and Baby Carrots in Dilled Cream Sauce ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com1995-11-01 · Mix veal, breadcrumbs, eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sautéed onion in large bowl until well blended. Form mixture into 24 meatballs (about 3 tablespoons of veal mixture in each).... ...
Poached Veal in Dill Sauce - Food | Drink | Recipes
Recipe From : waitrose.comTo make the dill sauce, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add the stock, the vinegar and the sugar, followed by the finely chopped dill and the cream. Bring to boil, whisking continuously. Season to taste. Combine the meat and the sauce and serve with boiled new potatoes and the reserved vegetables. ...
Danish Meatballs with Dill Sauce Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-06-08 · In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, veal, salt, pepper, eggs, onion and heavy cream. With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs until all balls … ...
- In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, veal, salt, pepper, eggs, onion and heavy cream. With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs until all balls are well coated. Arrange in a single layer on a large, shallow baking sheet.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly, then blend in the sour cream and fresh dill.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan, and drizzle over the meatballs. Bake meatballs in the preheated oven 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.
BBC Radio Ulster - The Foodie - Veal in Dill Sauce
Recipe From : bbc.co.ukSieve the broth for later use in the sauce. Sauce Ingredients: 25g butter 25g plain flour 250ml of the veal broth 100ml milk 150ml sour cream Two hand full of chopped dill Salt and pepper to ... ... Show details
Poached Veal in Dill Sauce - Food | Drink | Recipes
Recipe From : waitrose.comReserve the vegetables. To make the dill sauce, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Add the stock, the vinegar and the sugar, followed by the finely chopped dill and the cream. Bring to boil, whisking continuously. Season to taste. Combine the meat and the sauce and serve with boiled new potatoes and the reserved vegetables. Your recipe note. ...
Veal Scallops with Capers, Vermouth and Dill recipe ...
Recipe From : epicurious.com1994-04-01 · Season with salt and pepper. Coat veal with the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in … ...
Veal Strip Loin, Creamy Iberian XO Sauce, Haricot Vert ...
Recipe From : trustedveal.comSeason veal slices with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, and lightly sear on both sides until cooked through. Add a few cubes of butter to the pan while veal is frying. Remove and reserve veal, keeping warm. Deglaze pan with Sherry, 4 spoonfuls Creamy Iberian XO Sauce, and all the cream. ... Show details
Recipes – berry veal
Recipe From : berryveal.com1. Make the Sauce: In a bowl, add the lime juice, soy sauce, Thai red curry paste, sesame oil and sriracha (if using). Whisk to combine. Set aside. 2. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the ground veal until no pink remains. Drain the liquid. Add the shredded red cabbage, chopped red peppers and carrots, minced garlic and ginger and cook for 3 ... ... Show details
Swedish Meatballs with Creamy Dill Sauce - BigOven
Recipe From : bigoven.comCombine veal, breadcrumbs, onion, egg white and 1-1/2 tablespoons dill in large bowl and blend well. Shape veal mixture into about 16 balls and place on prepared pan. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. ...
Veal in Cream Sauce (Blanquette de Veau)
Recipe From : saveur.com2019-03-18 · Using a slotted spoon, transfer veal and vegetables to a bowl; cover and keep warm. Pour cooking liquid through a fine strainer into a bowl; place 4 cups in a 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil, and ... ... Show details
Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce Recipe: How to Make It ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and … ...
- In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika., Pound pork cutlets with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness.
Veal Cutlets with Homemade Tomato Sauce - Ontario Veal Appeal
Recipe From : ontariovealappeal.caVeal Cutlets with Homemade Tomato Sauce Cut: Scaloppini/Cutlets. This is a favourite recipe for entertaining or a great homemade Italian meal. You can freeze these cutlets in sauce and save them for a cold night to warm everyone’s hearts. The leftovers, if there are any make great sandwiches the next day! Ingredients: 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour; 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper; 1 ... ... Show details
Veal Scallopini with Mushrooms - Findlay Foods
Recipe From : findlayfoods.com3 - Remove veal from skillet and add mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté for one minute or until mushrooms are soft and fragrant. 4 - Add chicken broth and rosemary; cover, and simmer 10 minutes. 5 - Stir in red wine, increase heat, and cook, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by half. 6 - Return veal to the mushroom sauce … ... Show details
Meatballs in Dill Cream Sauce Recipe: How to Make It ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comBake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large skillet. Blend in flour until smooth. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add dill … ...
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. , Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large skillet.