this is a great late summer soup when it starts to cool off and you have zucchini coming out your ears. this soup freezes beautifully. you can add chicken for a hearty soup. i got this recipe from the dining diva.
Time: 35 minutes
- in a large saucepan or stockpot , cook zucchini , carrots , onions in chicken broth about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender
- transfer to a blender or food processor in small batches
- blend well
- add cream cheese a little at a time and continue blending until cream cheese is melted
- adjust seasonings to taste and serve hot or cold
- garnish with shredded zucchini and caramelized onions
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- chicken broth
- cream cheese
- garlic clove
- seasoning salt
Zucchini are everywhere in the summertime, which is why we always need simple ways to use them all up before the season is over. You can serve this Italian-inspired soup warm or at room temperature.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Jackie Rothong
Yield 6 servings
- Heat the 1/4 cup olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped zucchini and onions. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Increase the heat to high and add the water. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, lay the sliced zucchini in a single layer in the skillet. Cook until golden, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Continue until all the sliced zucchini is cooked.
- Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, pour into bowls, drizzle with Lemon Oil and top with the fried zucchini.
- Combine the oil and lemon in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a liquid measuring cup. Set the lemon oil aside until ready to use. The oil can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large zucchini (about 3 pounds total), 4 chopped into 2-inch pieces, 1 very thinly sliced into rounds on a mandoline
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups warm water
- Lemon Oil, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into quarters, seeds removed
CREAM OF ZUCCHINI SOUP
Make and share this Cream of Zucchini Soup recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by breezermom
Yield 7 1/2 Cups
- Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add the zucchini and broth; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the zucchini/onion mix, or place in a blender.
- Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Stir in half and half and seasonings. Cook zucchini mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle evenly with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced (1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Shelley Wiseman
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Julienne skin (only) from half of zucchini with slicer; toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and drain in a sieve until wilted, at least 20 minutes. Coarsely chop remaining zucchini.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 3- to 4-quarts heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chopped zucchini and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water and simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 15 minutes. Purée soup with basil in 2 batches in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Bring remaining cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and blanch julienned zucchini 1 minute. Drain in a sieve set over a bowl (use liquid to thin soup if necessary).
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls with julienned zucchini mounded on top.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into thirds
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- Equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer fitted with 1/8-inch julienne attachment
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation low-protein healthy very-low-carbs soups-stews vegetables easy dietary low-cholesterol low-calorie low-carb healthy-2 low-in-something carrots onions squash 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
More recipes about Zucchini Soup recipes
Zucchini Soup Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comZucchini Gazpacho. Rating: 4.75 stars. 4. A perfect no-cook soup for a hot summer day! A great way to use and serve bountiful garden zucchini! The garbanzo beans add substance, texture, and protein too. Garnish with sour cream and freshly ground black pepper, if desired. By Maria. ... Show details
Zucchini Soup Recipes | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com...
- Vegetarian skillet chili screams comfort food to me. This recipe makes me feel warm and fuzzy, and it's loved by both my vegetarian and non-vegetarian friends. —Casey Hill, London, United Kingdom
Easy Zucchini Soup Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-06-08 · Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add zucchini, chicken broth, salt, and curry powder to the pot; cook until the zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. Step 2 Pour soup … ...
12 Easy Zucchini Soup Recipes - How to Make Zucchini Soup
Recipe From : goodhousekeeping.com2017-06-10 · Double the zucchini, double the fun. Get the recipe from Lemons and More » Courtesy of Up Close and Tasty. 2 of 12. Zucchini Soup Dairy-free and with an … ...
Cream of Zucchini Soup | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2015-02-04 · In a small pot, soften the zucchini, potato, shallot and garlic in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer … ...
Healthy Creamy Zucchini Soup | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.com2017-08-30 · Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they are light golden brown. Add zucchinis, broth and … ...
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they are light golden brown.
- Add zucchinis, broth and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium. Optional: Scoop brown foam (scum) off surface every now and then.
Cream of Zucchini Soup - Skinnytaste
Recipe From : skinnytaste.com2014-06-30 · Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and … ...
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream and purée again until smooth.
Italian Zucchini Soup Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comDirections. In a Dutch oven, brown sausage with onion; drain excess fat. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and simmer 1 hour. Stir in zucchini and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. ...
Spicy Zucchini Soup Recipe - Simply Recipes
Recipe From : simplyrecipes.com2019-08-14 · Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and the chopped jalapeño, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until the onions are translucent, but not browned. Cook the garlic and zucchini: Add the garlic and zucchini to the pan and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. ... Show details
Creamy Italian Potato & Zucchini Soup - Inside The Rustic ...
Recipe From : insidetherustickitchen.com2019-09-17 · Add the grated zucchini and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes and chicken stock and bring to boil. Once boiling turn down to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and using a handheld blender (immersion blender) blend the soup … ...
- Add olive oil to a large pot and saute the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
- Add the potatoes and chicken stock and bring to boil. Once boiling turn down to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a handheld blender (immersion blender) blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
Zucchini Soup (Use Up Those Garden Veggies!) - Spend With ...
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2020-08-31 · Dice zucchini into ½ " pieces, do not peel. Cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more. Stir in broth, salt & pepper. ...
- Cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
Simple Puréed Zucchini Soup Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comHeat a medium pot over medium-high heat and add the oil or butter. When the fat is hot, add the chopped onion and the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and tender - about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, trim and chop the zucchini. ...
10 Best Zucchini Vegetable Soup Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comwater, oyster mushrooms, zucchini, peeled prawns, chilli, rice noodles and 11 more. Emily's Favorite Vegetable Soup Emily Boller. carrots, organic carrots, celery stalks, beans, butternut squash and 10 more. Five Vegetable Soup Madeleine Cocina. red bell pepper, onion, water, olive oil, zucchinis, ground black pepper and 3 more. ... Show details
Silky Zucchini Soup Recipe - Grant Achatz | Food & Wine
Recipe From : foodandwine.com2014-06-08 · In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.... ...
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the stock and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a simmer; cook until the zucchini is very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Working in 2 batches, puree the soup in a blender until it's silky-smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Serve it either hot or chilled, garnished with julienned zucchini.
Easy Broccoli Zucchini Soup - 2 Sisters Recipes by Anna ...
Recipe From : 2sistersrecipes.com2021-02-22 · Instructions In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil on moderate heat. Toss in the garlic, onions, and zucchini. In a large bowl, submerge in cold water and rinse the 2 broccoli heads. ...
Chilled Zucchini Soup Recipe | James Beard Foundation
Recipe From : jamesbeard.orgAdd the zucchini, lower the heat, and cook until the zucchini is cooked through, another 5 to 7 minutes. As the zucchini is cooking and starts to need liquid, add the stock to the pan. Cook until the zucchini is soft and the stock is boiling. Season with salt and … ... Show details
Zucchini Soup - The Cozy Cook
Recipe From : thecozycook.com2020-08-04 · Cook diced onion and garlic in melted butter until softened. Add zucchini and seasonings, saute for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, soy sauce, and diced potatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a … ...
- Note: There is no need to peel the zucchini for this soup unless yours is jumbo sized, in which case it's possible that the skins are tough and slightly bitter.
- Shred the cheese from a block for best results. Set aside to allow to come down to room temperature. This will allow it to melt and combine into the soup smoothly.
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add diced zucchini and seasonings: (1/4 tsp each of: dried rosemary, thyme, celery salt, kosher salt, pepper, and an optional pinch of cayenne.) Sauté for 5 minutes.
Zucchini Soup Recipe - Cooking LSL
Recipe From : cookinglsl.com2020-01-08 · Heat oil (butter) in a pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. When the onion and garlic have started to soften add the zucchini … ...
Zucchini and Basil Soup Recipe | Food Network Kitchen ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com...
Zucchini Soup Recipe | How to Make Zucchini Soup - Rachna ...
Recipe From : rachnacooks.com2018-12-11 · Instructions. Heat butter or olive oil in a pan. Tip in onion, garlic and zucchini. Lightly saute for about 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock or chicken stock to the veggies and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes till zucchini is soft. Cool this a bit and blend to a fine soup … ...
- Add the vegetable stock or chicken stock to the veggies and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes till zucchini is soft.
- Cool this a bit and blend to a fine soup in the blender. Put it back on heat. Add salt and pepper along with about 2 tbsp. grated cheese (optional). Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While serving add a nice dollop of cream (optional) to each bowl and serve. When mixed with the soup, the cream adds a nice touch. You tasty zucchini soup is ready to serve.
Cream of Zucchini Soup (Keto | Low-Carb) - Simply So Healthy
Recipe From : simplysohealthy.com2020-09-10 · Variations on this keto-friendly zucchini soup. This soup recipe is very versatile. You can use it as a cream soup base and add leftover veggies or meats to make it a more substantial soup. Our Greek Gyro Meatballs would be an amazing addition to the soup… ...
- Heat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and avocado oil. After butter has melted, stir in the onion. Cook onion until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the zucchini squash and oregano. Sprinkle lightly with salt (optional) and pepper. Don't overdo the salt as the feta and the stock will also add saltiness.
- Cook the squash until starting to soften, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute. Pour the stock over.
- Cover the pot, leaving the cover slightly off center to allow steam to vent. Simmer until vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes. Stir in the feta cheese and allow to melt slightly. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or in batches, using a traditional blender.
Easy Zucchini Soup - Vegetarian Soup Recipe - Green ...
Recipe From : greenhealthycooking.com2019-09-21 · This zucchini soup recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you may already have most of the ingredients to make it! It’s a great way to use up end of the season garden zucchini. Serve it with homemade apple yeast bread freshly made and still slightly warm. Should zucchini be peeled for soup? Some store-bought zucchini … ...
- Preheat a large pan over medium-low heat and once hot add a little bit of olive oil and then stir-fry the sliced almonds in the olive oil until golden brown. Don't stop stirring or you riks the almonds burning.
- Add grated zucchini to the same pan and crush garlic cloves into pan as well and then stir fry grated zucchini and crushed garlic until all water evaporates and the zucchini is bright green. Remove the pan from the stove and set aside.