CAPONATA "AGRODOLCE" (SWEET AND SOUR)
- In a very hot pan, separately cook the vegetables over a medium-high flame with a bit of the olive oil. Cook the onions and the garlic together in the same pan in a little more oil. Set all cooked vegetables aside in a large bowl.
- Make the "agrodolce": Combine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and reduce by half over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While vegetables are still warm, combine with the roasted peppers, olives, and capers. Pour the "agrodolce" vinegar over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped herbs and marinara sauce and stir.
- Serve the caponata at room temperature.
- Pour tequila, juice, syrup and Campari into shaker filled with ice, shake and strain into glass. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with twist of grapefruit peel.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 211, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 15 milligrams, Sugar 17 grams
Agrodolce, a generic Italian term for any type of sweet and sour condiment, really shines when used for braising chunks of succulent pork shoulder. This soul-warming comfort food is amazing served on rice, pasta, polenta, or, as seen here, a big pile of ricotta mashed potatoes. I'm not sure if Italians barbecue like we do here in the States, but the sauce very much reminded me of something we'd brush on a rack of ribs while sipping a cold beer.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Brush a baking dish with olive oil.
- Whisk tomato paste, vinegar, honey, mashed anchovy, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper together in a large bowl to make the agrodolce.
- Cut pork shoulder into roughly 3-inch pieces. Add to the bowl of agrodolce and mix by hand until coated. Transfer pork and sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, flipping pieces over halfway through, until pork is very tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Add a splash of water if pork appears too dry. Skim off fat as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Cholesterol 52.3 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 555.5 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook chicken with garlic, ginger, and bay leaves until chicken is browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Mix wine, vinegar, and honey together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add orange juice, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and continue cooking until sauce is reduced by 2/3, about 10 minutes. Strain reduction sauce.
- Pour strained reduction sauce over chicken; add pine nuts and simmer over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 47.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 684.3 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
- Coating the rims of the glasses: In a flat dish or saucer, pour a small amount of framboise. Place 1/4 cup vanilla sugar in another saucer. Briefly dip the rim 6 champagne glasses, 1 at a time, in the framboise, and then in the sugar. Set aside to dry.
- Pour 2 tablespoons framboise into each glass. Add a few raspberries and then fill with champagne.
I love onions as a feature vegetable and plan to serve these for Christmas dinner. You need to shake the pan often as they cook because the sugar, fruit and port in there is liable to male them catch.
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the olive oil in a heavy based pan over a low heat; allow to warm.
- Place the onions in the pan and cook, shaking the pan until the onions are browned on all sides.
- Add the port and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- As soon as boiling point is reached, stir in the brown sugar, raisins, salt and cayenne to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the onions are tender and the liquid has reduced to a thick syrup. Serve the onions with the syrup spooned over.
ONIONS AGRODOLCE (SWEET AND SOUR ONIONS)
- Put the onions in a heavy saucepan with the olive oil over moderately-high heat.
- As soon as the onions start to brown, add the port, vinegar, brown sugar raisins and salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Simmer slowly until the onions are quite soft and the sauce has turned to a thick syrup.
- Serve at room temperature with roast or grilled meats.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.3, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 23.1, Carbohydrate 56.9, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 31.8, Protein 5.1
More about "agridulce royale recipes"
10 BEST AGRODOLCE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
AGRODOLCE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
AGRODOLCE ~ SWEET & SOUR ITALIAN CONDIMENT - A LITTLE …
ROYAL RECIPES (TV SERIES 2017– ) - IMDB
ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD GUIDE: A ROYAL RECIPE SIDE …
RAINBOW CHARLOTTE ROYALE RECIPE - ANGES DE SUCRE
AGRIDULCE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST CHARLOTTE ROYALE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
AGRIDULCE ROYALE RECIPE | RECIPE | GRAPEFRUIT JUICE COCKTAIL, …
RECIPES : AUTHENTIC ROYAL®
SALSA AGRIDULCE ON BAKESPACE.COM
ROYAL RECIPES RECIPES - BBC FOOD
KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX.
VERMONT MAPLE AGRODOLCE CHICKEN BY THEFEEDFEED | QUICK & EASY …
HOW TO MAKE 11 OF THE ROYAL FAMILY'S FAVORITE MEALS AT HOME
BLOOD ORANGE-PINE NUT AGRODOLCE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
QUICK AND EASY SICILIAN SPECIALTY SAUCE AND CHICKEN DISH WITH RED
THE SWEET-AND-SOUR CONDIMENT YOU'LL WANT TO PUT ON EVERYTHING
AGRIDULCE ROYALE RECIPE
EGGPLANT AGRODOLCE – GARLIC & OLIVE OIL
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AGRODOLCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SICILIAN CHICKEN AGRIDULCE WITH CAPERBERRIES - SWEET THOUGHT
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH AGRODOLCE | GIADZY
A ROYAL RECIPE - THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD WIKI …
TOFU AGRIDULCE | RECIPE | MARINATED TOFU, VEGETARIAN RECIPES, FOOD
AGRIDULCE ROYALE RECIPE | RECIPE | GRAPEFRUIT JUICE COCKTAIL ...
RECIPE INDEX | BAKERS ROYALE
25 EATING ROYALLY - ROYAL RECIPES IDEAS | ROYAL RECIPE, RECIPES, FOOD
COUSCOUS ROYALE (COUSCOUS WITH GRILLED MEATS) - AFRICAN FOOD …
AGRIDULCE SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
AGRIDULCE ROYALE - DINING AND COOKING
ROYAL RECIPES: FOUR DELICIOUS DISHES INSPIRED BY ROYALS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CHOUCROUTE ROYALE - BIGOVEN
POLLO AGRIDULCE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
FOIE ROYALE - RECIPES | FOIE ROYALE
ARCHIE'S ROYAL ROULADE | JAMIE OLIVER
PESCADO AGRIDULCE - PATI JINICH
You'll also love