ALMOND PEAR TART
I had never seen a "pie without a pan" until my daughter brought back this wonderful pear almond tart recipe from a Rotary Club exchange program in Belgium. It's still a family favorite after all these years. -Sherry LaMay, Capitan, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. , In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add pears and toss to coat. Spoon over the crust to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. , Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Using the parchment, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 100mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PEAR AND ALMOND TART
- For pears:
- Bring 4 cups water, sugar, and lemon juice to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add pears. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until pears are very tender, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool pears in syrup. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For crust:
- Blend powdered sugar, almonds, and salt in processor until nuts are finely ground. Add butter and blend until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Mix in egg yolk. Add flour. Using on/off turns, blend until dough comes together in clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- For almond filling:
- Finely grind almonds and flour in processor. Mix in 7 tablespoons sugar, then butter, blending until smooth. Mix in egg. Transfer filling to medium bowl. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Roll out chilled dough on floured sheet of parchment paper to 12-inch round, lifting and turning dough occasionally to free from paper. Using paper as aid, turn dough into 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom; peel off paper. Seal any cracks in dough. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold overhang in, making double-thick sides. Pierce crust all over with fork. Freeze crust 10 minutes.
- Line crust with buttered foil, buttered side down, then fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until sides are golden and bottom is set, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 10 minutes longer. Cool crust in pan on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Spread almond filling evenly in crust. Stem pears and cut each in half lengthwise; scoop out cores. Cut each half crosswise into thin slices. Gently press each pear half to fan slices but keep slices tightly overlapped. Slide spatula under pears and arrange atop filling like spokes of wheel with narrow ends in center.
- Bake tart until golden and tester inserted into center of filling comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool tart in pan on rack. Push pan bottom up, releasing tart from pan. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.) Cut tart into wedges; sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve.
ALMOND PEAR TORTE
Yum! This recipe combines cheesecake, pears and nutmeg for a scrumptious holiday dessert. I sprinkle slivered almonds on top. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar, almonds and nutmeg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside., In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and extract until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust., For topping, combine brown sugar and nutmeg. Add pears; toss to coat. Arrange over top. Sprinkle with almonds., Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, Fat 26g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 180mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
PEAR AND ALMOND TART (DAIRY- AND GLUTEN-FREE)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of tart pan with a removable bottom and line with parchment paper.
- Mix almond meal, oat flour, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt, and almond extract together in another bowl. Fold in almond meal mixture to form a sticky dough.
- Press dough into the prepared tart pan. Arrange pears on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 102.5 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
PEAR AND ALMOND TART
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in egg. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Mix in brandy and vanilla. Add almond and all-purpose flours. Mix until creamy. Cover and refrigerate. Place almond filling into tart shell, spread level. Cut poached pear halves crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Reshape pear halves and arrange 8 halves around the top of each tart, "spoke" fashion. Press pears lightly to fan out. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is well browned and filling is springy to the touch. Cool and serve at room temperature.
- Note: To poach pears, peel, core and halve pears, place in a pot with 1 3/4 cups white wine, 3/4 cup water, 4 ounces of sugar, 1 cinnamon stick, vanilla bean split, and 4 black pepper corns. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes or until pears are tender when pricked. Cool in liquid.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt, cut in butter until it resembles small pebbles. With a mixer running add vanilla and slowly drizzle in water until dough comes together in a sticky mass. Roll into a ball, wrap and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours before rolling. Roll shell to fit into a 9-inch tart pan. Set aside.;
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. On a floured surface, lightly flour your rolling pin, roll out 1 piece of dough into a 4-inch circle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place on parchment lined baking sheets.
- To make almond meal, grind the almonds in a food processor, just until fine, being careful that the meal does not turn to paste. Turn the meal out into a medium bowl and add sugar, eggs, and lemon zest with a wooden spoon.
- Cut each pear in half and remove the core. Cut each half into 5 or 6 thin wedges. Divide the filling evenly over the tarts, leaving a small border around the edges. Arrange the pears in a circular pattern on the filling. Sprinkle the sugar over the pears. Bake until the pears are lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking tray and toast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and coarsely grind in a food processor. Do not grind too fine. Transfer to a medium bowl and combine with the flour. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the zest. Add the flour-nut mixture and mix to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball. Flatten the ball, making a small round, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until needed.
- Yield: about 2 1/4 pounds
PEAR AND ALMOND TART
- For crust:
- Whisk egg yolks and apple cider in small bowl to blend. Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add chilled butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk mixture and process until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up sides of 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom; chill while preparing filling. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
- For filling:
- Position rack in lowest third of oven. Preheat to 375°F. Blend almond paste and sugar in processor until almond paste is finely ground. Add 1/4 cup flour and 3 tablespoons room-temperature butter and process until thick paste forms. Add eggs and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Spread filling in crust; cover and chill while preparing pears.
- Peel pears. Cut each pear in half lengthwise and core. Slice 1 pear half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Press on pear half to fan slices toward wider end. Slide spatula under pear half and place atop tart filling, positioning narrow end of pear in center of tart and wider end against crust. Repeat with remaining pear halves. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Brush over pears.
- Bake tart until pears are tender and crust is brown, about 50 minutes. Cool 30 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm or at room temperature. (Tart can be prepared up to 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
D'ANJOU PEAR AND ALMOND TARTS
I don't have a real sweet tooth so I wanted to make a dessert that wasn't too decadent. We love these tarts because they're just enough sweet with that unique pear taste and the crunch of almonds, a lot like apple pie. For those of you who make your own pie crust, it will make them that much better! I think these would pear well with your favourite cup of tea or a bubbly glass of Prosecco. Enjoy!
Provided by CoachJen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Stir brown sugar, melted butter, balsamic vinegar, and cinnamon together in a bowl; stir in pears and chopped almonds until completely coated. Spoon pear mixture into tart shells.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 101.2 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
JOHN'S PEAR AND ALMOND-CREAM TART
- Make dough: In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and granulated sugar; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with just a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, gradually add up to 2 tablespoons more ice water).
- Transfer dough (still crumbly) onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a 3/4-inch-thick disk; wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough to a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan, pressing up sides. Run a rolling pin across the top of pan to trim the edge; refrigerate.
- Make filling: In a food processor, pulse almonds with confectioners' sugar until finely ground. Add butter, egg, flour, salt, and almond extract; process almond cream until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 cup jam on bottom of tart shell, then spread almond cream on top; chill for 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices in a fan pattern over almond cream; place tart on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and almond cream is puffed and set. Transfer tart to a wire rack; let cool in pan. Remove tart from pan. Melt remaining 1/4 cup jam; brush over tart.
Instead of using pastry dough as the base of this tart, we stacked sheets of phyllo to create a crisp crust that is still sturdy enough to support a nut-and-fruit topping. For a different flavor profile, use skinned toasted hazelnuts in place of almonds, and apples instead of pears.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse almonds, sugar, flour, and salt until finely ground. Add egg, vanilla, and nutmeg and process until combined.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, lightly brush with butter, and sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar. (Keep extra phyllo covered while you work.) Stack remaining 5 sheets phyllo on top, brushing each with butter and sprinkling with sugar (omit sugar on last layer). Trim stack into an 11-by-15-inch rectangle. Spread almond mixture evenly on stack, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange pears on top, overlapping slightly.
- Bake until edges are golden and fruit is tender, about 18 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let tart cool slightly on sheet on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g
I found this recipe from Southern Living. I made it for Easter dinner and everyone raved about it. It is quite easy to make, and well worth it.
Provided by melmaddie
Yield 1 10 inch tart, 8-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Unfold piecrusts; stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12 inch circle. Fit into a 10 inch pan with removable bottome, trim excess pastry.
- Beat 4 tablespoons butter, almond paste, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons brandy, 1/3 cup flour and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until blended, spread in crust.
- Toss together 2 tablespoons sugar and pears, arrange in cicles, overlapping slices, on top of filling.
- Cook preserves in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour through a fine wire mesh strainer, discarding solids. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, remaining 2 tablespoons brandy, and cream, drizzle over pears.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons flour, cut in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with a fork until blended. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 400 on bottom rack for about 40 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Garnish if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597.5, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 50.6, Sodium 350.5, Carbohydrate 72.3, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 30, Protein 6.8
More about "almond pear tart recipes"
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrsCategory Dessert
- To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt onto a work surface and make a well in the centre. put the butter into the well and, using a pecking action with your fingertips and thumb, work it until it is very soft. Add the icing sugar to the butter and mix. Add the eggs to the butter and mix well.
- gradually incorporate the flour, flicking it onto the mixture and then chopping through it until you have a rough dough. Bring together with your hands and then knead a few times to make a smooth dough. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To make the almond filling, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs gradually and then fold in the almonds, lemon zest and flour.
- preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/gas 5). Roll out the pastry to line a 23 × 2.5 cm (9 × 1 in) round loose-based fluted tart tin. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
PEAR & ALMOND TART | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (28)Total Time 1 hr 55 minsServings 8-10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F., To make the crust: Beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and flavorings., Add the flours, stirring to make crumbs that cling together when squeezed., Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 4 1/4" x 13 3/4" tart pan; prick it all over with a fork., Chill the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes, then bake it until it's just beginning to brown on the edges, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven., To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and almond extract., Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine., To assemble the tart: Spread the filling in the bottom of the crust., Slice the pear halves horizontally into 1/2" slices; for easiest handling, don't separate the slices.
- Move the slices to the tart, fanning them atop the filling and positioning them to run from one end of the tart to the other.
- Press them down gently to adhere., Brush the pears with melted butter and sprinkle with white sparkling sugar., Bake the tart for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
ALMOND & PEAR ROSE TARTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
PEAR-ALMOND TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PEAR AND ALMOND TART - DONNA HAY
FRENCH PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
FRENCH PEAR AND ALMOND TART (OR BOURDALOUE TART)
PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPE FROM THE OLD COUNTRY - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
PEAR & ALMOND FRANGIPANE TART | ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
RECIPE: PEAR & ALMOND TART | STYLE AT HOME
PEAR ALMOND TART - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
ALMOND PEAR CREAM CHEESE TART | BAKE OR BREAK
NEED A NO-FUSS DESSERT? TRY THIS SIMPLE PEAR AND ALMOND TART
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PEAR TART WITH FRENCH ALMOND CREAM – BON APPéT'EAT
CHOCOLATE-ALMOND PEAR TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PEAR AND ALMOND TART 洋梨のタルト • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
PEAR AND ALMOND CREAM TART - JO COOKS
PEAR AND ALMOND TART - WILD ATLANTIC TASTE
ALMOND-PEAR TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEAR FRANGIPANE TART (POACHED PEAR TART RECIPE) - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
RUSTIC ALMOND-PEAR TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FRENCH PEAR ALMOND FRANGIPANE TART - BELULA
ALMOND PEAR TART • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
BEST PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PEAR AND ALMOND TART | DESSERT RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
ITALIAN PEAR ALMOND CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
PEAR ALMOND TART - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
POACHED PEAR AND ALMOND CREAM TART | ALL THAT'S JAS
PEAR AND ALMOND FRANGIPANE TART | OLIVE & MANGO
PEAR TART WITH ALMOND CREAM RECIPE - ANDRé JAGGI | FOOD & WINE
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - WILD ATLANTIC TASTE
JULIA CHILD'S PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - TODAY
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
PEAR AND ALMOND TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #tarts #desserts #fruit #dinner-party #holiday-event #seasonal #pears #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make almond pear cream cheese tart?Almond Pear Cream Cheese Tart is a simple yet elegant dessert featuring delicious fresh pears. Preheat oven to 425°F. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour, and mix well.
How do you make pears with almond meal and almond flour?Add the eggs, almond meal, flour, baking powder and lemon rind and process until just combined. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 9.5cm x 33cm loose-bottom fluted tart tin. Place the pears and extra brown sugar in a bowl and toss to coat.
How do you make almond butter tart?Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a mixing bowl cream butter with sugar until fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in egg. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Mix in brandy and vanilla. Add almond and all-purpose flours. Mix until creamy. Cover and refrigerate. Place almond filling into tart shell, spread level.
How do you cut and Cook pears for a pear tart?Remove pears from the poaching liquid and slice them any way you would like. Get the tart from the freezer and arrange about 2-3 cut up pears on top of the Almond Cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Spray a piece of foil with non stick spray and gently cover the tart with it, sprayed side towards the tart.