APPLE GINGER CRISP
With cinnamon and gingered apples topped with a crispy oat topping, this is the best and easiest fall dessert! A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, is simple divine!
Provided by Pam Greer
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place apples in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, candied ginger and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Place the apples in a shallow casserole dish or pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of flour, oats, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, butter and a pinch of salt. Using your fingers, work the butter into the mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the apples and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 kcal, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 54 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 39 g, ServingSize 1 serving
APPLE CRISP WITH GINGER
A fun twist on the standard apple crisp, this apple crisp with ginger is going to delight your taste buds and have you coming back for more and more!
Provided by Rachel Gurk
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 10 by 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ginger root, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Add apple chunks and mix thoroughly. Make sure the zest and ginger root are distributed equally throughout the apples. Put into baking dish.
- In the same bowl that you used for the apple mixture, mix flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Add the softened butter, and use two knives held together in your hand (or a pastry cutter or fork) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should hold together in large clumps.
- Using a large spoon or your hand, sprinkle the crisp topping over the apple mixture. Put into preheated oven and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and crisp is lightly browned on top. Cool slightly, and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 358 kcal, Carbohydrate 63 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 11 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 45 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 4 g
APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH GINGER
This recipe came to us in 1987 from Eric Michael Gillett, then the ringmaster for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Citrus zest and fresh, grated ginger set this recipe apart from the rest.
Provided by Glenn Collins
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel, quarter and core apples and slice each into sixteenths.
- Mix slices with lemon juice, zest and grated ginger.
- Cut butter into small bits and mix with flour, sugar and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place apples in bottom of 4 buttered baking dishes (1 1/2- to 2-cup capacity) and sprinkle butter mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are cooked but still hold their shape.
- Serve with clotted cream or heavy cream alongside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 350, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 4 milligrams, Sugar 43 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GINGERED APPLE-BERRY CRISP
With spicy ginger and three kinds of fruit, this dessert has plenty of flavor, but saves time with prepared pie filling and ready-made cookies.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all topping ingredients except butter. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- In large bowl, mix all fruit mixture ingredients; pour into baking dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until fruit mixture is bubbly and topping is golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil during last 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 74 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1/2 Cup, Sodium 200 mg, Sugar 46 g
BEST APPLE CRISP
Nothing says "fall is here" quite like the smell of tender-baked apples filling your home. This simple and downright delicious apple crisp gives you all the flavor you could ever ask for in a dessert, and is as quick to make as it is to finish. The cherry on top? A generous topping of cream or vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 80 mg, Sugar 36 g, TransFat 1 g
From Vegetarian Times. "This warm apple dessert is so good--and comes together so fast--you'll want to make it all fall."
Provided by Engrossed
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute fresh apple slices 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in juice, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is syrupy.
- Add dried apple slices and candied ginger. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle bottom of a 2-qt. bowl with 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps.
- Stir remaining gingersnap crumbs into the apple mixture.
- Layer apple mixture and yogurt in bowl.
- Garnish with whole gingersnaps, if desired.
SNAPPY GINGER APPLE CRISP RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by cwaldron09
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Topping: Combine flour, sugars and cinnamon in large bowl (or food processor bowl). Cut in butter cubes until mixture forms large clumps. (In food processor pulse 8-10 times) Stir in Oatmeal and set aside Filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees In a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, red pepper, and cornstarch; set aside. Combine apply slices and chopped ginger root Stir in sugar/cornstarch mixture Spread apple mixture in a 9 inch square baking pan Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
APPLE CRISP - PERFECT AND EASY
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices evenly in prepared baking dish. Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until topping is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.8 calories, Carbohydrate 55.7 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 206.7 mg, Sugar 38.1 g
GINGER APPLE-PEAR CRISP
Enjoy autumn aromas-apples, cinnamon and spices-in this delicious recipe. It's even better with a scoop of vanilla or pumpkin ice cream! Whipped cream is always an option. -Holly Battiste, Barrington, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, toss the first 7 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish., In another bowl, mix the first 6 topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit., Bake until golden brown and fruit is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 250mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLE CRISPS WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND GINGER
- Make topping:
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add butter and rub in until coarse crumbs form. Mix in almonds and ginger. (Topping can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Make filling:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter twelve 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes. Combine apples, cherries, sugar, lemon juice, flour and ground cinnamon in large bowl. Mix to blend well. Divide filling among prepared dishes.
- Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
APPLE, DATE, AND GINGER CRISP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, grated ginger, cinnamon, orange zest, and dates. Add apples and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnaps with pecans, remaining sugar, oats, and remaining butter. Using your fingertips, work mixture to form a crumble topping. Distribute topping over apples. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until fruit mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until topping has browned and apples are tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving with yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 g, Fat 17 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 4 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Cut butter into flour, using a pastry blender or two knives, until mixture is the texture of coarse meal. Add oats, and use your hands to toss and squeeze mixture until large, moist clumps form. Transfer to freezer to chill while you prepare apples.
- In another large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart baking dish, and sprinkle with topping mixture. Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until golden and bubbling, 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
SLOW COOKER APPLE CRISP
- Mix flour, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Combine butter with the flour mixture using fingers or a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts and set aside.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Place the apples in a slow cooker, stir in the cornstarch mixture; toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle the walnut crumb topping on top. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours or Low for 4 hours, until apples are tender. Partially uncover the slow cooker to allow the topping to harden, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 592.9 calories, Carbohydrate 83.8 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 28.9 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 116.4 mg, Sugar 59.3 g
GINGER FRUIT CRISP
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the plums, peaches and nectarines; gently toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish., For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, oats, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over fruit., Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "apple crisp with fresh ginger recipes"
SKILLET APPLE-GINGER CRISP RECIPE - SUSAN SPUNGEN | FOOD …
5/5 (1)Category Desserts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pulse flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and baking powder in a food processor until combined, about 2 times. Add butter, and process until flour mixture goes past the crumbly stage and starts to clump together and look moist, about 30 seconds. Add oats, and pulse to combine, about 3 times. Transfer to a medium bowl, break up any large clumps, and chill, covered, until ready to use.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add butter, and melt until sizzling. Stir in sugar to moisten in spots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is a deep amber color, about 5 minutes. Add apples (the pan is going to be overflowing, but they will cook down quickly), lemon juice, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until apples have softened and liquid is slightly reduced, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in flour and apple brandy until combined. Scatter oat topping evenly over apple mixture, and top evenly with ginger candy. Bake in preheated oven until oat topping is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Spoon into bowls, and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
APPLE GINGER CRISP RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH A GINGER TWIST - ELLINIKI KOUZINA
GINGERSNAP APPLE CRISP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH GINGER RECIPE | RECIPE | GINGER RECIPES, …
GINGER AND WHISKEY APPLE CRISP RECIPE
APPLE GINGER CRISP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: APPLE GINGER CRISP | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
APPLE-GINGERSNAP CRUMBLE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
20 BEST GINGER DESSERTS (+ EASY RECIPES) - INSANELY GOOD
APPLE GINGER CRISP WITH HONEY MASCARPONE | THE STAR
15 GINGER RECIPES USING THE FRESH ROOT – A COUPLE COOKS
EASY APPLE CRISP - BUDGET BYTES
GINGER SNAP APPLE CRISP - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
APPLE-GINGERSNAP CRISP RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH GINGER RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
APPLE CRISP - TOPSHELFDISTILLERS.COM
FRESH GINGER AND ORANGE JUICE APPLE CRISP – ABOUTTIME
APPLE GINGER CRISP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH OATS AND GINGER - MYFOODCHANNEL
TRIPLE GINGER APPLE CRISP - HEALTHY LIVING
GINGER-CINNAMON APPLE CRISP - MIDWEST LIVING
SPICED FIG APPLE CRISP RECIPE | VALLEY FIG GROWERS
APPLE GINGER CRISP RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APPLE CRISP WITH GINGER AND DARK CHOCOLATE – FLOATING KITCHEN
MURRAY APPLE GINGER CRISP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE CRISP - FAKE GINGER
GINGER CARAMEL SAUCE WITH FRESH APPLE SLICES - SLUMBER AND SCONES
SNAPPY GINGER APPLE CRISP - CHALLENGE DAIRY
FRESH APPLE BARS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
APPLE CRISP WITH CRYSTALLIZED GINGER - ROTI N RICE
APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITH FRESH APPLES EASY
APPLE CRISP WITH FRESH GINGER RECIPE | RECIPE | GINGER RECIPES, …
SIMPLE APPLE CRISP IN A JAR - A COUPLE COOKS
You'll also love