APRICOT TEA COOKIES
It just wouldn't be Christmas without these dainty melt-in-your-mouth apricot cookies on my platter! Filled with fruit and drizzled with frosty glaze, they couldn't be more delectable.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. , Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 7-9 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool., Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out each portion into a 10-in. square; cut each into 2-in. squares. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each square. Bring two opposite corners of square to the center; pinch firmly to seal. , Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 70mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Cream butter and cheese till light. Blend flour into the creamed mixture. Add water and mix well. Chill 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook dried apricots according to the package directions. Drain well. Stir sugar into hot fruit; cook and stir till mixture boils and becomes smooth; cool.
- Divide chilled dough in half. Roll each half to 10-inch squares; cut 2 1/2 inch squares. Place 1 tsp. apricot filling in each 2 1/2 inch square. Bring up diagonal corners and seal.
- Bake on ungreased sheets at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
- Soak apricots in brandy for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and allspice, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- (can be done quickly with a few pulses in a food processor) Combine egg yolk and sour cream and gently blend mixture into butter/flour mixture.
- Divide dough in quarters and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out each quarter the dough into 1/8 thickness, cut with a 2 1/2" round (fluted is preferred) cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, place one apricot on half of each cookie and fold over other half to leave apricot partially exposed.
- Bake for aprox 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
- While baking prepare next batch.
- For icing combine powdered sugar with 2-3 tblspn of the reserved apricot brandy.
- I like to cook the brandy until the alcohol smell is gone, but it's fine either way.
- After completly cooled dip half the cookie in icing and leave on a wire rack to dry for several hours.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week, but are at their peak for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 12.7, Sodium 22.3, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 7.5, Protein 0.8
- Mix butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a bowl, and beat with mixer until fluffy. Stir in flour and salt until a soft dough is formed. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, set aside. Roll dough to 1/8" thickness on lightly floured board.
- With a cookie cutter, or glass (I use a glass jar), cut dough into 3" rounds. Place 1/4 tsp. jam in center, fold in half and crimp edges with a fork. Pierce top of each cookie with a sharp knife for steam release. Arrange cookies on greased sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Cut in the cream cheese and margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on the milk and vinegar. Work the dough by hand until it holds together in a ball. Divide dough into 4 pieces and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into a rectangle measuring 7 1/2x10 inches. Cut the dough into 2 1/2 inch squares. Place a 1/2 teaspoon dollop of apricot preserves onto the center of each square. Fold each corner to the center and pinch together.
- Place cookies on an unprepared cookie sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Drizzle with glaze when cool.
- In a small bowl stir together 3/4 cup of confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 5.2 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 111.8 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. With pastry blend, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream and egg yolks until well blended.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until it holds together.
- Shape into a ball; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Prepare Apricot Filling; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheets.
- Roll 1/4 of dough 1/8" thick, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. Cut dough into 2" squares.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon filing diagonally across each square.
- Moisten 2 opposite corners slightly with water; fold over filling, overlapping corners slightly. Place on sheet and finish the rest.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat apricots and water until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; over and simmer 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a blender at medium speed blend apricots and corn syrup until smooth. Let chill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4447.4, Fat 220.6, SaturatedFat 135, Cholesterol 916.2, Sodium 1574, Carbohydrate 605.9, Fiber 21.8, Sugar 240.5, Protein 46.1
- In a large bowl mix the flour, white sugar and salt. Cut in the cream cheese and the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Work dough with hands until it holds together. Divide dough into four balls, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 2 hours or until dough is firm
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface roll one of the dough balls into a 10 inch circle. Use a 3 inch cutter to cut the dough into circles. Place 1/2 teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each circle. Moisten edge of dough and fold over. Seal edge by pressing with the tines of a fork dipped in flour. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Once cool drizzle with glaze.
- To Make Glaze: Combine the confectioners' sugar, rum flavoring, water and corn syrup. Mix until smooth. Keep covered until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 47.5 mg, Sugar 4 g
More about "apricot foldovers recipes"
16 SWEET AND SAVORY APRICOT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Author Cathy JacobsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
APRICOT RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
30 APRICOT DESSERTS TO ENJOY THIS SPRING | TASTE OF HOME
APRICOT TURNOVERS (QUICK & EASY) - PICNIC ON A BROOM
10 BEST DRIED APRICOT CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APRICOT FOLD-OVERS | RECIPELION.COM
SEARCHABLE RECIPE DATABASE - APRICOT FOLDOVERS
APRICOT FOLDOVER COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APRICOT FOLDOVERS - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
11 BEST-EVER APRICOT DESSERTS
APRICOT FOLDOVERS - BIGOVEN.COM
APRICOT FOLDOVERS | BECKIES KITCHEN | RECIPE | RECIPES, VISUAL …
APRICOT FOLDOVERS ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
RECIPE: APRICOT FOLDOVERS (COOKIES USING PRESERVES) - RECIPELINK.COM
RECIPE: APRICOT FOLDOVERS (COOKIES WITH A COOKED APRICOT-ORANGE …
APRICOT KOLACHES - AN HUNGARIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIE
APRICOT FOLD-OVER PIE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHOCOLATE-COVERED APRICOTS | RICARDO
FRESH APRICOT WITH ALMONDS COOKIES - MY COOKIE JOURNEY
APRICOT FOLDOVERS | THE SWAP
APRICOT FOLDOVERS | SIRLOIN TIP ROAST, CITRUS VINAIGRETTE, ZEBRA COOKIES
VIENNESE APRICOT FOLDOVERS RECIPE BY DESSERT.MASTER | IFOOD.TV
APRICOT FOLDOVERS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: APRICOT FOLDOVERS
APRICOT-FILLED FOLDOVERS - PLAIN.RECIPES
APRICOT FOLDOVERS | CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM - MASTERCOOK
APRICOT FOLDOVERS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
APRICOT FOLDOVERS ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
APRICOT FOLDOVERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPETHING - APRICOT FOLDOVERS
You'll also love