ASPARAGUS, LEEK, AND POTATO SOUP
This was just a creation I came up with when my asparagus was looking a little old. At first, I thought I was going to add some sort of cream base, but the soup ended up not needing it. The vegetables just taste lovely as they are. Even my husband who hates soup and asparagus LOVED this! It is also a great way to use almost-expired vegetables in your veggie drawer!
Provided by KendraVanHam
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add asparagus, leeks, potatoes, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until potatoes are soft but not mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour to the pot with the vegetables and stir until thoroughly coated, making sure not to burn them. Add warm water, chicken stock, and bouillon cube. Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully transfer hot soup to a food processor and blend to desired consistency. Ladle soups into bowls and garnish with sour cream, paprika, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 9.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 437 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP
This is one of my family's favorite soups. It's so good for you because of all the vegetables, and it's very filling, too.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, saute leeks and onion in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, salt, broth and rice. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir in asparagus. , Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the spinach, pepper and cream; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 778mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP
- In a saucepan cook the leek and the garlic in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the leek is softened, add the asparagus, the broth, and 1/2 cup water, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the asparagus is very tender. Purée two thirds of the mixture in a blender until it is very smooth, stir the purée into the mixture remaining in the pan, and whisk in the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the soup over moderately low heat until it is heated through, but do not let it boil.
LEEK, ASPARAGUS & HERB SOUP
Like a bouquet of fresh vegetables, this light but soothing soup is just the thing on a cool spring evening. It is important to cut the green vegetables into small pieces so they cook quickly, while retaining their bright color.
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in asparagus and peas; simmer, covered, stirring 2 or 3 times, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, dill and chopped chervil (or parsley). Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
- Return the soup to the pan. Add milk and bring to just below a simmer, stirring, over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish each serving with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkling of the remaining chopped chives and a sprig of chervil (or parsley).
Nutrition Facts : Servingsize 1 cup, Calories 116 calories, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 326 mg, Sugar 6 g
LEEK, POTATO AND ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Put the oil, butter, leeks, celery and onion in a large pot. Cover and cook about 8 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the onion is translucent and the leeks have softened. Add the potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium, and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Add the asparagus, milk and cream. Stir and cook, covered, at least 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the chopped green onions on top of the soup just before serving. Wonderful soup!
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH HERBED GOAT CHEESE
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings (6 1/2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Goat cheese: Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a fork, in a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and basil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a 1/2-ounce cookie scoop or a round tablespoon measure sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray, scoop the goat cheese into balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Soup: In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring constantly until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broth, asparagus and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep the soup warm over low heat.
- To serve: Ladle the soup into shallow bowls and garnish with the herbed goat cheese.
- Cook's Note: The soup can also be pureed by ladling, in batches, into a food processor or blender and blended until smooth.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
Step into spring with this easy blender soup that showcases fresh asparagus, leeks, shallots, and just a touch of cream from a last-minute drizzle of crème fraîche.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and shallot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and 3 cups broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until asparagus is very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Working in batches (don't fill it more than halfway), purée asparagus in a blender until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes a batch, thinning with more broth if necessary. Transfer to cleaned pan, and heat until steaming. Whisk crème fraîche with a little water until it has the consistency of heavy cream. Spoon some on top of each serving, swirling with a toothpick, if desired.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP
This is my version of a recipe that I saw in the San Diego newspaper, but neglected to bring home with me. Try freezing the puree in smaller batches and adding the divided cream on those days when asparagus is out of season. Yummy!
Provided by Arts Protege
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Trim green part of leeks and discard. Thoroughly wash white portion and finely chop. (I find it best to completely separate the layers.).
- In large pot, saute leek, onion, and celery in butter and add white wine to keep vegetables moist. (You can alternately do this with some of the chicken stock.).
- Add asparagus and 4 cups of the chicken stock. Season with pepper. Simmer for 1/2 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup in small batches adding the remainder of the stock.
- In another pot reheat (but not boil) the puree while whisking in the cream (or milk.).
- Serve immediately.
ASPARAGUS LEEK CHOWDER
To us, asparagus is the taste of spring, so we enjoy it in as many meals as we can. When this thick and creamy chowder is on the table, we know spring has arrived. -Elisabeth Harders, West Allis, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, saute the asparagus, mushrooms and leeks in butter for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended., Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn and pimientos; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 17g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 686mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ASPARAGUS, POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the leek and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, asparagus stalks, chicken broth and lemon rind. Raise heat and simmer until potatoes and asparagus are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Keep warm. Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add the mushrooms and the asparagus tips. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Ladle the soup among 4 bowls. Garnish with asparagus tips and mushrooms. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 176, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 625 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ASPARAGUS SOUP II
- In a large stockpot, combine the water or stock, asparagus ends and separated leek greens. Heat over low heat and allow to simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the butter and oil. Add the leek 'whites', onion and rice and cook until the onion begins to color (about 8 minutes). Add 1 cup of the warm stock and cook 10 more minutes.
- Strain the stock of the asparagus and leek ends and return to the stockpot. Add the contents of the saute pan to the strained stock along with the asparagus middles and partially cover the pot. Cook 12 more minutes.
- Transfer soup to a food processor and puree. Strain this back into the stockpot. Season and add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Meanwhile, drop the asparagus tips into boiling salted water and cook until tender (about 4 minutes). Serve the soup with a few asparagus tips on top for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 163.6 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
- Steam the asparagus in a covered steamer over boiling water until crisp-tender (Or, put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish and add about 1/4 cup water- Cover tightly and microwave on high for about 4 minutes- Drain well; set aside).
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the corn and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste; Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder; stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock, milk, and asparagus.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and stir occasionally as the liquid comes to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the soup.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the soup is smooth and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; Season to taste.
- Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons of the corn-bell pepper mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.5, Fat 34.9, SaturatedFat 20.7, Cholesterol 95.2, Sodium 209, Carbohydrate 80.6, Fiber 12.2, Sugar 14.9, Protein 23.4
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY LEEKS AND CAPERS
In this supremely springy recipe, thick asparagus stalks and thinly sliced leeks are glossed with olive oil and covered in salty capers. Everything is roasted in the same pan and emerges tender and golden-edged. Capers also make an appearance in the mustard sauce served alongside, which adds a tangy, mayonnaise-like richness. You can double the recipe, if you wish, though you may have to increase the roasting time by a few minutes to make up for a more-crowded pan. Serve this on its own as a first course, or as an accompaniment to roast chicken, braised meats or seared fish. Just don't use thin asparagus: It'll cook too quickly, before the leeks have a chance to turn golden. Stick with spears that are at least 1/2 inch in diameter.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put asparagus on a rimmed sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together leeks, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle leeks on top of asparagus, then sprinkle with capers. Roast until asparagus are tender and golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes.
- While the asparagus stalks roast, make the mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, capers and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil a few drops at a time to create a thick, emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once asparagus stalks are out of the oven, squeeze a lemon wedge over it and sprinkle parsley on top. Serve with mustard sauce and more lemon wedges on the side.
More about "asparagus and leek soup recipes"
ASPARAGUS WITH LEEKS AND PARMESAN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP WITH CREME FRAICHE
LEEK ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
SIMPLE ASPARAGUS & LEEK SOUP - DISHING UP THE DIRT
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP - NO HEAVY CREAM! - MANTITLEMENT
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP - SNIXY KITCHEN
LEEK, ASPARAGUS & HERB SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS, LEEK, AND POTATO SOUP | THEFENCEPOST.COM
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP WITH CREME FRAICHE AND CHIVES
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - CULINARY HILL
ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY ASPARAGUS LEEK BISQUE -- A SPRING SOUP RECIPE
CREAM OF LEEK AND ASPARAGUS SOUP | VEGKITCHEN.COM
VEGAN ASPARAGUS LEEK AND HEMP SOUP - THE FOODIE DIETITIAN
ASPARAGUS-LEEK SOUP - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
LEEK AND ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS & LEEK SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | CRATE & BARREL
ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
ASPARAGUS POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE | VEGAN, HEALTHY
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH CREAM AND CHIVES - NOURISHED KITCHEN
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
THIS WHITE ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE WILL HELP YOU LIVE LONGER
POTATO, LEEK & ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS LEEK SOUP – SHEKNOWS
ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY - THE …
CHILLED ASPARAGUS AND LEEK SOUP (VICHYSSOISE) RECIPE BY ADMIN
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH LEEKS AND MUSTARD SEED - RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #potatoes #vegetables #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #asparagus
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook leeks and asparagus?I sautéed 3 large leeks in butter and olive oil, added 2 cloves of garlic and 2 bunches of asparagus (after cutting off tips to add as garnish), and then cooked it in the chicken stock. It was so delicious we skipped the sour cream and other seasonings and additions other reviewers suggested.
How to cook potatoes and asparagus soup?Raise heat and simmer until potatoes and asparagus are tender, about 15 minutes. Place soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Keep warm. Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add the mushrooms and the asparagus tips. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Ladle the soup among 4 bowls.
What is the best way to cook asparagus?2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 pounds) Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add the chopped leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and asparagus and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the vegetable stock and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper.
What is the best way to cook leeks in a pan?Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add the chopped leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and asparagus and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the vegetable stock and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.