LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD
This authentic Lebanese Fattoush Salad is made with well-seasoned fried pita bread, seasonal vegetables and tossed in a zesty sumac Mediterranean dressing
Provided by Yumna Jawad
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the Dressing: Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, sumac, pomegranate molasses, dried mint, salt and pepper. Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Set aside.
- Fry the Pita Bread: In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the pita bread and season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring frequently until the pita break becomes crispy and golden in color, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, radishes, green onions and parsley in a large serving bowl. Pour the dressing on top and toss to combine.
- Add the fried pita bread to the salad immediately before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 378 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH
Fattoush is a Lebanese salad, good for hot weather. This recipe uses two unusual ingredients: sumac and purslane. Sumac, usually sold ground, is ground red berries and used in Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese, cooking. Purslane is succulent with a lemony flavor, and makes a nice salad green. I find them at farmer's markets.
Provided by George
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Mix the water and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until thickened. Remove from heat, and mix in lemon juice, garlic, sumac, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, mint, bell pepper, purslane, and arugula. Toss with the dressing, and serve with pita.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.8 g, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 349.8 mg, Sugar 7 g
MIDDLE EASTERN LEBANESE FATTOUSH BREAD SALAD
Fattoush is a rustic country salad of Syria and Lebanon which is on the standard menu of Lebanese restaurants. Arugula (Eruca vesicaria), also known as rocket, garden rocket, rocket salad, rugola, rucola , roquette and rughetta Rocket (Roquette) A strong, peppery leaf with jagged-edged indented leaves and a pleasant bite. Because of its strong flavour, a little goes a long way.
Provided by Olha7397
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut open the breads and toast them under the broiler until they are crisp turning them over once. Break them into small pieces in your hands.
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl with the onions, rocket and purslane leaves or lamb's lettuce, flat leaf parsley, and mint.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and sumac.
- Just before serving, add the toasted bread and toss well with the dressing. Serves 6-8.
- Variation: for the old style version, put the broken pieces of toast in a bowl. Moisten and soften with a little cold water or lemon juice before adding them to the salad.
- The New Book of Middle Eastern Food.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.5, Fat 12.3, SaturatedFat 1.8, Sodium 108.2, Carbohydrate 25.3, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 7.6, Protein 5.3
More about "authentic lebanese fattoush recipes"
FATTOUSH | HADIAS LEBANESE CUISINE
FATTOUSH - TRADITIONAL LEBANESE MIXED SALAD - CULINAE …
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD BY ZAATAR AND ZAYTOUN
4.6/5 (7)Category SaladCuisine LebaneseTotal Time 30 mins
FATTOUSH SALAD - AUTHENTIC LEBANESE RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
5/5 (1)Category SaladAuthor Mike BenayounTotal Time 15 mins
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, 1 tablespoon of sumac and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Separate the pita bread in two thinner flat breads to obtain 6 thin flat breads total. Brush them with the sumac and olive oil, then cut them in 1-inch (2 cm) squares. Toast them in an oven preheated at 400 F (200°C).
AUTHENTIC FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE - LEBANESE PEASANT SALAD
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaladCalories 231 per serving
BEST FATTOUSH SALAD WITH DRESSING TASTEGREATFOODIE - SALADS
LEBANESE RADISH SALAD BEST RECIPES
FATTOUSH RECIPE | A LUSH LEBANESE SEASONAL SALAD
FATTOUSH SALAD (MY LEBANESE FAMILY'S RECIPE - الفتوش)
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH - YUM TASTE
FATTOUSH SALAD - ALPHAFOODIE
25 AUTHENTIC LEBANESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE - FEELGOODFOODIE
FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
OUR 6 BEST FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
LEBANESE FATTOUSH | SILK ROAD RECIPES
FATTOUSH - TRADITIONAL LEBANESE SALAD - AS EASY AS APPLE PIE
CABBAGE FATTOUSH SALAD (SOUTH LEBANON STYLE) - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
LEBANESE SALADS BEST RECIPES
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FATTOUSH SALAD // BEST LEBANESE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
27 EASY LEBANESE RECIPES » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
THE BEST FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE | MY RECIPE TIME
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
THE 37 MOST POPULAR AND AUTHENTIC LEBANESE RECIPES - 196 FLAVORS
LEBANESE FATTOUSH SALAD - COOKING GORGEOUS
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH - MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPES
LEBANESE FATTOUSH TUNA SALAD RECIPE - MOMMA CAN
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH | RECIPE CART
BEST AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH (FATTOUCH, FATOUSH): MY
BEST LEBANESE RECIPES | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
AUTHENTIC LEBANESE FATTOUSH | RECIPE | FATTOUSH RECIPES, RECIPES ...
FATTOUSH - A RECIPE FOR THE DELICIOUS LEBANESE DISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Lebanese fattoush?Authentic Lebanese Fattoush. "Fattoush is a Lebanese salad, good for hot weather. This recipe uses two unusual ingredients: sumac and purslane. Sumac, usually sold ground, is ground red berries and used in Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese, cooking. Purslane is succulent with a lemony flavor, and makes a nice salad green.
What are the ingredients in fattoush?Fattoush, a traditional Lebanese salad, is a delicious combination of fresh veggies, a bright citrus dressing, herbs and toasted pita bread. Ingredients. For the toasted Arabic bread: 2 arabic bread or pita bread. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. 1 teaspoon sumac powder.
Is fattoush a green salad?Fattoush is a green salad with flat bread croutons traditionally used as a way of using up left over or stale bread. If you don't add the bread then it is just a regular common green salad. Therefore it is NOT a fattoush without that special ingredient. What should you include in fattoush?
What to put in a fattoush salad?Basic Fattoush Recipe If you were to order a basic fattoush salad at a local restaurant, you likely find: cucumbers, tomatoes, purslane leaves (or lettuce), radish, and green onions. Fresh herbs like parsely or mint, or both.