Baba Gannoujh Middle Eastern Eggplant Spread
BABA GANNOUJH MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT SPREAD
this is a delicious and very simple recipe if prepared in a food processor or blender. a wonderful spread to serve with pita bread, kalamata olives, feta, and tomatoes. this recipe calls for japanese eggplant, which can be used whole without peeling or draining...more vitamins, less hassle! if you can only find "regular" eggplant (the large, very dark purple, almost black kind), i recommend you prepare it first by lightly salting and draining it for 30 minutes or so to remove bitterness prior to roasting. you may also wish to remove the skin as a matter of personal preference.
Time: 35 minutes
- preheat oven to 400f and prepare a baking dish that will accommodate the eggplant with cooking spray
- halve each eggplant lengthwise , sprinkle with salt , and place cut side down in the baking dish
- spray skin with cooking spray , then roast until tender when pierced , about 20-25 minutes
- place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor fitted with the steel blade , and blend until smooth
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- japanese eggplants
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried oregano
BABA GANNOUJH -- MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT SPREAD
This is a delicious and very simple recipe if prepared in a food processor or blender. A wonderful spread to serve with pita bread, kalamata olives, feta, and tomatoes. This recipe calls for Japanese eggplant, which can be used whole without peeling or draining...more vitamins, less hassle! If you can only find "regular" eggplant (the large, very dark purple, almost black kind), I recommend you prepare it first by lightly salting and draining it for 30 minutes or so to remove bitterness prior to roasting. You may also wish to remove the skin as a matter of personal preference.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Heather U.
Yield 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a baking dish that will accommodate the eggplant with cooking spray.
- Halve each eggplant lengthwise, sprinkle with salt, and place cut side down in the baking dish; spray skin with cooking spray, then roast until tender when pierced, about 20-25 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor fitted with the steel blade, and blend until smooth.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 400 g Japanese eggplants (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/4 cup parsley (preferably flat leaf)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini (aka sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
TRADITIONAL BABA GHANOUSH
A traditional recipe for this eggplant dip. It consists of baked eggplant with garlic, lemon juice, and tahini sauce. Dip into this with pita bread and you have yourself a delicious-and-light appetizer.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by IMANKAY
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange oven racks so you have one low and one high in the oven.
- Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant and place into a baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move dish to higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed. Drizzle olive oil over the baba ghanoush and garnish with parsley.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 pinch dried parsley flakes, for garnish
This creamy eggplant spread is a Middle Eastern staple. In this recipe, you'll learn how to char eggplant directly on your gas burner for a hint of smoke.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Michael Solomonov
Yield 4 servings
- Place eggplant directly on a gas burner and roast over medium-low heat. Turn until charred and blistered all over, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, place in a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let cool for 10 minutes (this will make it easier to remove the charred skin).
- When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, remove to a cutting board, make a cross-cut to open, and scoop out 1 cup of the flesh into another bowl. Add a pinch of salt and ¼ cup Basic Tahini Sauce and mix. Grate in about ¼ teaspoon garlic, followed by the olive oil, and mix again. Garnish with more Basic Tahini Sauce, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes, salt, sumac, parsley, and more olive oil, and serve. (Note: Video for how to make the Basic Tahini Sauce can be found in Michael Solomonov's Hummus recipe.) To make the Basic Tahini Sauce: Break up the head of garlic with your hands, letting the unpeeled cloves fall into a blender. Add the lemon juice and ½ teaspoon salt. Blend on high for a few seconds until you have a coarse purée. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes so the garlic can mellow.Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer set over a large mixing bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids. Add the tahini to the bowl, along with the cumin and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk the mixture until smooth; the sauce will lighten in color. Whenever the tahini seizes up or tightens, add ice water bit by bit (about 1.5 cups in total), whisking energetically until you have a perfectly smooth, creamy, thick sauce.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 1 large Italian eggplant
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup Basic Tahini Sauce, plus more for garnish, recipe follows
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for garnish
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- Toasted pine nuts
- Ground sumac
- chopped parsley
- 1 head garlic
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, from about 3 lemons
- 2 cups high-quality tahini, preferably Soom brand
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Ice water, as needed
More recipes about baba gannoujh middle eastern eggplant spread recipes
My Simple Baba Ganoush Recipe | Chef Tariq | Home of
Recipe From : cheftariq.comJan 09, 2021 · Use a potato masher or similar utensil to mash up the eggplant completely, or use a food processor or blender. Add onions, tomatoes, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini … ...Show details
Baba Ghannouj (Mashed Eggplant Spread)
Recipe From : saveur.comMar 18, 2019 · Place garlic and eggplants on a foillined baking sheet, and broil until tender and charred all over, about 10 minutes for garlic, and about 40 minutes for eggplant. ...Show details
Baba Ganoush ♥ (Recipe for Middle Eastern Eggplant Spread)
Recipe From : aveggieventure.comBaba Ganoush ♥ (Recipe for Middle Eastern Eggplant Spread) April 29, 2008 Say hello to the traditional Middle Eastern spread that's found on meze platters in Middle Eastern restaurants along with hummus, tabbouleh, olivada and other shareables. ...Show details
Baba ghanoush (eggplant dip/spread) - Caroline's Cooking
Recipe From : carolinescooking.comJan 29, 2016 · Place the eggplant flesh in a food processor/blender and add the rest of the ingredients (garlic - chop a bit first to save getting lumps, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini and salt and pepper). Pulse a few times until fairly smooth but still with a bit of texture. Try it and … ...Show details
Baba Ganoush Recipe (Roasted Eggplant Middle Eastern Dip)
Recipe From : archanaskitchen.comJul 29, 2008 · Baba Ganoush Recipe is a quick and simple way to make dips for parties. It is a popular middle eastern dish made from smoked eggplants and mish mashed with olive oil and seasonings. The Baba Ganoush… ...Show details
Middle Eastern Baba Ghannouj (Eggplant Dip) Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comPlace eggplant directly on the middle oven rack and roast for 30 minutes, or until the outside is crisp and the inside is soft. Allow it to cool for 20 minutes. Cut open the eggplant and scoop out the flesh into a colander; allow to drain for 10 minutes. (Removing the excess liquid helps to eliminate a bitter flavor .) ...Show details
Baba Ganoush (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip) | Picture the
Recipe From : picturetherecipe.comMar 29, 2015 · Baba Ganoush (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip) **Note: This is a guest post contributed by food blogger Naina owner of Spice In The City | The recipe and photos belong to her.** Smoky eggplant, garlic, tahini and pine nuts all come together for this delicious Middle Eastern inspired Dip! ...Show details
Our Favorite Baba Ganoush (Roasted Eggplant Dip)
Recipe From : inspiredtaste.netMar 01, 2020 · Cool 10 to 15 minutes until easily handled. While the eggplants roast, combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and the salt in a medium bowl. Set aside so … ...Show details
Sito's Baba Ganoush - Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe - The
Recipe From : thelemonbowl.comDec 01, 2016 · Roast the eggplants in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes then remove from oven until cool enough to handle. Cut into large chunks and place into a large food processor . Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne to the eggplant … ...Show details
Easy Baba Ganoush - Simply Delicious
Recipe From : simply-delicious-food.comDec 17, 2020 · Make the Baba Ganoush: Scoop the cooked eggplant flesh into a blender or food processor and discard the charred skin. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. ...Show details
Easy Vegan Baba Ganoush Hummus Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comSlice the eggplant in half. On a baking sheet, roast the eggplant in a 400 F oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until soft. Remove the eggplant from the oven and allow it to cool slightly, then scoop out inside of eggplant, leaving skin behind. ...Show details
Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip) Recipe - Simply Recipes
Recipe From : simplyrecipes.comFeb 09, 2021 · To make baba ganoush, you take large globe eggplants (the ones that look like giant dark purple eggs), cut them in half, and either roast or grill them. Then you scoop out the fleshy insides with a spoon, and mash it up with olive oil, garlic, sesame … ...Show details
Authentic Baba Ganoush Recipe (Mediterranean Eggplant Dip)
Recipe From : rosesandcardamom.comJun 16, 2020 · Authentic Mediterranean Baba Ganoush Recipe. Baba Ganoush, also spelled Baba Ghanoush or Baba Ghanouj, or as we call it at home “mutabbal”, is one of those dishes that you can … ...Show details
Baba Ganoush Recipe (Roasted Eggplant / Aubergine Dip)
Recipe From : thekitchenmagpie.comJul 30, 2019 · What is Baba Ganoush? Baba ganoush, which can also be spelled as baba ghanoush or baba ghanouj, is a Lebanese dish made of mashed fire roasted eggplant that is mixed with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and various other seasonings. It is more commonly referred to as a Middle Eastern … ...Show details
Easy Low Carb Baba Ganoush (Roasted Eggplant Dip)
Recipe From : everydayketorecipes.comPreheat the oven to 425ºF. Place the eggplants on a foil-lined baking sheet, and with a fork pierce the eggplants in several places (like you would do a baked potato). Bake for 45 minutes, until the inside is tender. Let it cool for 10 minutes. ...Show details
Fantastic Baba Ganoush Recipe - Belly Full
Recipe From : bellyfull.netAug 02, 2020 · For Baba Ganoush, you can grill or roast the eggplant. Traditional baba ganoush calls for grilling the eggplant. You simply grill the eggplant (no foil) over high heat, turning until it’s very soft and … ...Show details
Grilled Baba Ganoush - Recipe Runner
Recipe From : reciperunner.comJun 19, 2019 · Grilled Baba Ganoush is a traditional Middle Eastern dip that’s perfect to serve as an appetizer, snack or spread. You’ll love the smoky flavor the grill gives the eggplant! Vegan, gluten-free and so delicious! There’s no shortage of Mediterranean and Greek recipes here on Recipe … ...Show details
Baba Ganoush - Once Upon a Chef
Recipe From : onceuponachef.comJul 09, 2019 · Baba ganoush is a popular Middle Eastern dip made from cooked eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and spices. It is very similar to hummus, only it’s made with roasted eggplants instead of chickpeas, and it is often served as part of a Mediterranean mezze or spread of appetizers.. There are a few tricks to making really good baba ganoush… ...Show details
The Best Baba Ganoush - Six Hungry Feet Recipes
Recipe From : sixhungryfeet.comNov 11, 2020 · How to cook Baba Ganoush Step by Step. Cut the eggplants in halves and place them in a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil on the top and a sprinkle of salt. Turn them upside down, as this … ...Show details
Smoky Loaded Eggplant Dip: Baba Ganoush (Tutorial) | The
Recipe From : themediterraneandish.comDec 06, 2018 · Transfer eggplant flesh to a colander; let drain for 3 minutes. Blend the Dip. Transfer eggplant flesh to the bowl of a food processor. Add tahini paste, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, … ...Show details
Baba Ghanoush (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip) - Hungry Paprikas
Recipe From : hungrypaprikas.comOct 20, 2020 · Baba Ghanoush is a classic Middle Eastern eggplant dip made with roasted eggplant (in the oven or fire roasted), tahini, lemon juice, and crushed fresh garlic. Some salt of course, and a bit of heat if you like it from chilli. ...Show details
History of Baba Ganoush & Recipe | Cooking Vacations, The
Recipe From : theinternationalkitchen.comSep 18, 2020 · 1. First, prepare a charcoal grill to cook over low (or indirect) heat. Place the eggplant away from the flames and allow to roast slowly. (A large eggplant may take 60-70 minutes). 2. Allow the eggplant to cool to room temperature, then peel it and place the pulp in a food processor. 3. Add the tahini, garlic, and lemon juice and process for 1 ... ...Show details