LIVER AND BACON
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Transfer bacon to a plate, reserving a small amount of grease in the pan and the rest aside.
- Pour seasoning coating mix into a large resealable plastic bag. Place calves' liver in bag one slice at a time; seal, and toss to coat.
- Cook liver in bacon grease over medium high heat, turning occasionally to brown both sides. Depending on the size of your skillet you may need to work in batches and add more bacon grease. Liver is done when juices run clear. Return bacon to the skillet during the last 2 minutes of cooking to warm through. Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 207.5 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 1177.9 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
FRIED LIVER AND BACON WITH FRIED ONIONS
- Put the pig's liver slices in a shallow dish, cover with a little milk, and leave to soak for 30-60 minutes. Lamb's liver does not need soaking. De-rind the bacon. Peel and slice the onion into rings. Dry the liver on kitchen paper. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the onion slices and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft. Push the onion to one side of the pan and stir occasionally while frying the bacon and liver.
- Put the bacon and liver in the hot fat in the pan, and fry gently for 3-5 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked to taste - liver should be soft on the outside, not crispy. Remove the liver, bacon and onion from the pan and serve on a hot plate.
- Either pour the meat juices from the pan over the liver and serve with crusty new bread; or make gravy with the juices and serve with boiled potatoes and a green vegetable. For the gravy; mix the gravy granules (or flour and gravy flavouring powder) into a smooth paste with the sherry, wine, or cold water. Add the half cup of vegetable water or cold water and mix well. Pour onto the meat juices in the pan, stirring well. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time until the gravy thickens. Pour over the liver and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.3, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 317.4, Sodium 345.8, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.7, Protein 25.6
BEEF OR PORK LIVER, WITH BACON AND ONIONS (FOR 2)
A delicious way to eat beef or pork liver, along with bacon and onions. Cook more bacon, liver, and onions if serving to more people. If you do, just be sure to simmer everything (covered) for exactly 15 minutes. Prep time also includes cooking the bacon, the onions, and the liver, before simmering it in the skillet for 15 minutes.
Provided by Cindi M Bauer
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the bacon slices. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon slices from skillet, and set aside, but DO NOT drain off the bacon grease.
- To the bacon grease in skillet, add the sliced onions; season with salt and pepper. Cook onion slices over medium to medium-high heat, for about 15 minutes; stirring often.
- Remove onions from the skillet, and set aside, but DO NOT drain off any of the bacon grease. To the skillet, add a couple tablespoons of the Buttered Flavored Crisco.
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour; sprinkle in some of the salt and pepper. Lightly dust liver in the flour, add to the skillet, and cook liver over medium heat; till lightly browned on both sides. This doesn't take very long, so watch and turn liver quickly, so it doesn't burn in skillet. Remove cooked liver from the skillet, and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sliced onions back to the skillet. Place liver ontop of the cooked onions, then top the liver with the bacon slices. Cover skillet with a lid; cook the liver, bacon and onions over low heat (a low simmer) for exactly 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat; remove the liver, bacon, and onions, and place on a serving platter or plate to serve.
- Note: You may think the 3 large onions is a bit too much for this recipe, but it's not. The onions do cook down quite a bit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1078.7, Fat 91.8, SaturatedFat 37.2, Cholesterol 128.7, Sodium 239.1, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 9.6, Protein 17.8
BACON CHICKEN LIVERS
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around each chicken liver, securing with toothpicks.
- Broil until bacon is cooked and crisp on one side, then turn and repeat (about 6 to 8 minutes each side). Serve with honey in a bowl, for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.7 g, Cholesterol 430.2 mg, Fat 31 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 554.2 mg, Sugar 17.2 g
CALF'S LIVER WITH BACON AND ONIONS
The mashed sweet potatoes with sage butter are a great side dish for calf's liver. We recommend asking the butcher for the freshest calf's liver available, since it can vary in quality. Soaking the liver in milk, a method typically used for pork liver, helps soften and mellow its flavor.
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Soak liver in milk in a bowl 20 minutes.
- While liver is soaking, cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, turning over occasionally, until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain and reserve 2 1/2 tablespoons fat in skillet, transferring remaining fat to a small bowl.
- Cook onions with salt and pepper to taste in fat in skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer onions to a bowl and add bacon. Keep warm, covered.
- Pat liver dry and discard milk. Stir together flour, salt, and pepper on a sheet of wax paper and dredge liver in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat to skillet and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté liver, turning over once, until browned but still pink inside, about 4 minutes total. Serve liver topped with onions and bacon.
LIVER & BACON WITH ONION GRAVY
- Cook the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan until crisp. Meanwhile, mix the flour and sage, if using, and use to dust the liver. Remove bacon from the pan and set aside. Add the oil to the pan and brown the liver for about 1 min on each side. Remove from the pan, then fry the onion until softened. Stir in stock and ketchup, then bubble for 5 mins.
- Put the liver back in the pan and cook for 3 mins until cooked through. Serve with the bacon broken over the top and some mash. (see related recipes)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 53 grams protein, Sodium 2.5 milligram of sodium
More about "bacon fried liver recipes"
LIVER, BACON AND ONIONS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
5/5 (2)Category EntreeServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Cut liver into serving-sized pieces. In shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Coat liver with flour mixture.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towel, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add liver and onions to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Serve topped with crisp bacon.
LIVER WITH BACON AND ONIONS RECIPE BY RACHAEL PACK
10 BEST BEEF LIVER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLASSIC PAN FRIED LAMB'S LIVER RECIPE | FOOD MAGAZINE
BEEF LIVER WITH BACON, ONIONS, AND GARLIC - NOURISHING DAYS
FRIED BEEF LIVER, BACON, AND ONIONS RECIPE - FIREFLY MEADOWS FARM:
AIR FRIED CHICKEN LIVERS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BACON-WRAPPED LIVER RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE: FRIED LIVER WITH ONIONS AND BACON STEP BY STEP WITH …
LIVER AND BACON WITH ONION GRAVY - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
LIVER AND BACON – COOKERYSKILLS - GREAT TASTING RECIPES
RECIPE: BACON FRIED LIVER STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES | HANDY.RECIPES
PAN FRIED LIVER WITH BACON RECIPE BY REUBEN REUL - FOOD NEWS
LAMB’S LIVER WITH BACON AND ONION
PAN-FRIED BEEF LIVER WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - DOWN TO BONES
KETO - BACON WRAPPED LIVER - EASY AIR FRYER RECIPE - YOUTUBE
15 STUNNING BEEF LIVER RECIPES - THE RUSTY SPOON
PANFRIED CALF'S LIVER AND BACON - LIVER
FRIED LIVER RECIPE | HOW TO COOK LAMBS LIVER - SCOTCH KITCHEN
PAN-FRIED LIVER AND ONIONS WITH BACON | RECIPE | SIMPLY BEEF
FRIED OR BROILED BACON - LIVER AND BACON - CHESTOFBOOKS.COM
OLD-FASHIONED PAN-FRIED LIVER | METRO
BEEF LIVER WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
OLD FASHIONED SLOW COOKED LIVER, BACON AND ONIONS
FRIED LIVER AND BACON RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
LOW-CARB VEAL LIVER WITH BACON - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
HOW TO MAKE PAN-FRIED LIVER AND BACON - YOUTUBE
10 BEST CHICKEN LIVER WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE 6 BEST CARNIVORE & KETO BEEF LIVER RECIPES
PAN-FRIED CALVES' LIVER WITH BACON AND CARAMELISED ONIONS RECIPE
FRIED LIVER WITH ONIONS AND BACON | SIMPLY HOME COOKING
HOW TO COOK BEEF LIVER + 10 BEST RECIPES
LIVER AND BACON WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FRIED LIVER WITH BACON - 2 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
How To Make Pan-Fried Liver And Bacon37K views-05:29
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Livers | Emeril Lagasse14K views-01:44
Liver & Bacon | Onion Gravy | Classic British Recipes | Youtube3.4K views-09:38
Chicken Liver wrapped in Bacon Recipe10K views-06:00
Bacon wrapped chicken livers with cauliflower puree and fried egg.54 views-05:41
Lamb Liver, Bacon with Onion Gravy and Mash Recipe1.2K views-13:54
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook liver and bacon in a frying pan?Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside. In the same frying pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside. In a bowl, season 2 tbsp flour with salt and pepper and coat the liver.
How to cook calf's liver with bacon and onions?Calf's Liver with Bacon and Onions - Preparation 1 Soak liver in milk in a bowl 20 minutes. 2 While liver is soaking, cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat,... 3 Cook onions with salt and pepper to taste in fat in skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently,... 4 Pat liver dry and discard milk...
How do you cook liver and onions in a pan?Add the liver, onions and bacon back in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until piping hot and cooked through. Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to cook liver in bacon grease?Directions 1 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. ... 2 Pour seasoning coating mix into a large resealable plastic bag. Place calves' liver in bag one slice at a time; seal, and toss to coat. 3 Cook liver in bacon grease over medium high heat, turning occasionally to brown both sides. ...