BANANA AND NUT CAKE
"Boxed pudding and cake mixes speed up the preparation of this moist banana cake," comments Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas. "It doesn't last long at our house. In fact, my family and the hired men have it finished almost before it has time to cool."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Beat in bananas. Stir in nuts. , Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 399mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
BANANA NUT CAKE
I'm a pastor's wife, and it's so good to have something to serve when friends drop in unexpectedly. Because this banana nut cake can be frozen and also keeps well in the refrigerator, I try to have one on hand-just in case. -Gloria Barkley, Wilmington, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. tube pan. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts. , Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream and additional bananas.Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled cake in foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468 calories, Fat 26g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
OLD-FASHIONED BANANA CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on low speed until combined. With the mixer still on low, add the oil, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts, if using. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.
- Spread the frosting thickly on the top of the cake and decorate with walnut halves, if using.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed until just combined. Don't whip! Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
Buttermilk is best for this banana cake recipe, but feel free to substitute a combination of milk and plain yogurt, or milk alone in this dessert.From the book "Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Blend in the melted butter, mixing together until moist. Add 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the other 1/4 cup of buttermilk with the eggs and blend into the flour mixture. Add the vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat for 1 minute. Place the batter in a greased 9-by-13-by-2-inch pan.
- To make the topping, squeeze the flour, brown sugar, and butter together with your hands. Crumble the topping evenly over the batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. When the cake is done, an inserted toothpick or fork should come out clean from the center.
BANANA NUT CAKE
- Cream oil and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bake in 9x13 pan at 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix shortning and oleo.
- Mix in 1/3 of sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add bananas alternately with sugar.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
BANANA NUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Separate the eggs and set aside.
- Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Cream 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine with the white sugar. Add the egg yolks, and vanilla, beating well. Add flour alternately with the mashed bananas. Stir in the buttermilk mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir the pecans into the cake batter then fold in the egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until cakes test done. Let cakes cool in pans.
- To Make Icing: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar. Stir in the heavy cream until well blended. Spread icing on to cooled cake layers. Top with pecan halves if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.1 calories, Carbohydrate 65.6 g, Cholesterol 64.3 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 199 mg, Sugar 49 g
MICHAEL'S FAVORITE BANANA NUT CAKE
This recipe is from Paula Deen and her husband's favorite cake. Preparation and cooking time includes 1 hour for cake to cool.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans; set pans aside.
- Prepare banana nut cake: In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add eggs and oil, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
- Stir in bananas, pecans and vanilla.
- Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Bake cake 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of layers comes out clean.
- Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- With small metal spatula or knife, loosen layers from sides of pans; invert onto racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While layers are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting: In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually beat in sifted confectioners' sugar, increase speed to medium-high; beat until frosting is light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla.
- Reserve pecans to sprinkle on frosted cake or, if you like, stir into frosting.
- Fill and frost cake, using about 1/2 cup frosting between each layer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.9, Fat 29.6, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 70.5, Sodium 248.5, Carbohydrate 81, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 57.5, Protein 6
BANANA-NUT CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 1 (13x9-inch) pan or 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake 13x9-inch pan 45 to 50 minutes, round cake pans 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool round cakes 10 minutes before removing from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat peanut butter and powdered sugar with spoon or electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add vanilla and 1/4 cup milk; beat until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. Frost 13x9-inch cake, or fill and frost round cake layers with frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 31 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "banana nut cake recipes"
BANANA NUT BUNDT CAKE - DIAMOND NUTS
BANANA NUT CAKE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
BANANA NUT POUND CAKE - MAGNOLIA DAYS
FAVORITE BANANA CAKE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BANANA NUT CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPE: QUICK AND EASY BANANA NUT BREAD - DUNCAN …
THE BEST BANANA CAKE I'VE EVER HAD - SALLY'S BAKING …
BANANA NUT CAKE - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
BANANA CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST MOIST BANANA CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANA CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BANANA CAKE (WITH CAKE MIX!) - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
BANANA-NUT POUND CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE MOST DELICIOUS BANANA NUT SPICE CAKE YOU’LL EVER …
BANANA CAKE WITH CREAMY FROSTING - PAULA DEEN
EASY BANANA CAKE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
MINI BANANA BUNDT CAKES - ACCIDENTAL HAPPY BAKER
BANANA CAKE RECIPE (EGGLESS, WHOLE WHEAT)
10 BEST MOIST BANANA NUT CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANA CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
DOM'S BANANA NUT CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
BEST EVER BANANA BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - REAL LIFE DINNER
BANANA CAKE MUFFINS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOIST BANANA CAKE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
BANANA NUT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | PAULA DEEN
BANANA NUT CAKE RECIPE | CITRUS BANANA CAKE - ALLY'S KITCHEN
BANANA CAKE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
BEST EVER BANANA NUT BREAD RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
SLOW COOKER BANANA NUT CAKE RECIPE - DIY JOY
OLD FASHIONED BANANA CAKE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
MOIST BANANA CAKE - EASY BANANA CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
EASIEST RECIPE BANANA NUT CAKE FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST BANANA CAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
BANANA NUT CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR & PECAN GLAZE - PIZZAZZERIE
SLOW COOKER BANANA NUT CAKE - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
BANANA CAKE WITH OIL - THE TASTE OF KOSHER - RECIPES
PIONEER WOMAN BANANA NUT BREAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
BANANA WALNUT CAKE - HANDLE THE HEAT
ULTIMATE BANANA CAKE RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
BUNT BANANA NUT CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #breads #desserts #cakes #dietary #taste-mood #sweet #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make the perfect banana cake?In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes.
What can I do with a banana nut cake?Pack a slice of this sweet cake in the kids' lunchboxes or wrap up the loaf and bring it on a fall weekend picnic. With only 15 minutes of active time, this easy, homemade Banana Nut Cake makes a great homemade giftfor teachers, instructors, or anyone deserving of thanks—just multiply the recipe to whip up a whole batch of loaves at once.
How long does it take to make banana nut cake?With only 15 minutes of active time, this easy, homemade Banana Nut Cake makes a great homemade giftfor teachers, instructors, or anyone deserving of thanks—just multiply the recipe to whip up a whole batch of loaves at once. Wrap them up in wax paper and a ribbon for a thoughtful seasonal gift.
How to make banana cake with buttermilk?Directions. Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Cream 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine with the white sugar. Add the egg yolks, and vanilla, beating well. Add flour alternately with the mashed bananas. Stir in the buttermilk mixture. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir the pecans into the cake batter then fold in the egg whites.