BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
With four small children at home, I need quick yet filling meals. This family-favorite BBQ chicken sandwich filling is a cinch to make. For a spicier taste, eliminate the ketchup and increase the amount of salsa to 1 cup. -Leticia Lewis, Kennewick, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. , Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each bun. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve in buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 770mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BARBECUED CHICKEN SANDWICHES
These sandwiches are great for large gatherings. The chicken can be cooked ahead of time, then added to the homemade barbecue sauce for simmering hours before guests arrive. -Roberta Brown, Waupaca, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except buns. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours in the slow cooker or simmer for 1-1/2 hours on the stovetop. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 710mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- Place chicken in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until chicken comes off the bone easily, about 3 hours. Make sauce while the chicken cooks.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, honey, steak sauce, lemon juice, and liquid smoke. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
- When the chicken is done, remove all meat from the bones, and chop or shred into small pieces. Place in a pan with the sauce, and cook for about 15 minutes to let the flavor of the sauce soak into the chicken. Spoon barbequed chicken onto buns, and top with coleslaw if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662.1 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 136.8 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 47.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 956.2 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- For the barbecue sauce: In a medium saucepot over medium heat, add the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, hot sauce and 1 cup water and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 1 1/2 hours.
- For the chicken: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly drizzle some olive oil onto the chicken to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. When the grill pan is hot, add the chicken and cook until char marks appear and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Toss the chicken with the barbecue sauce. Let simmer on low until ready to serve, to infuse the chicken with the flavor of the sauce.
- For the sandwich: Spread an even layer of mayonnaise on the top and bottom of a potato bun, add the chicken, a few red onion slices and 2 bread and butter pickles. Top with the other half of the potato bun.
BBQ PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES
This is an amazing recipe! There's nothing better than BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches!
Provided by Tara Shepard
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place chicken into the bottom of a slow cooker and cover with water. Cook on High until it is no longer pink in the center and falls apart when pulled, about 4 hours.
- Puree onion and garlic in the bowl of a food processor until finely minced.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred meat with 2 forks. Discard cooking water.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker. Add pureed onion-garlic mixture, barbeque sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook on High until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.5 calories, Carbohydrate 61.6 g, Cholesterol 82.5 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 37.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1225.9 mg, Sugar 13 g
SUPER SIMPLE BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES
This comes from an old issue of Real Simple magazine. Shredding rotisserie chickens can be messy, but I think it is well worth the effort! The rotisserie chicken really adds a lot of flavor to this sandwich. But the real flavor will depend on what BBQ sauce you choose. Get creative!
Provided by RockChalkChick
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, BBQ sauce and jalapeños (if using).
- Slightly heat mixture in microwave if you'd like.
- Divide the mixture evenly among buns.
- Great with coleslaw, potato salad or kettle chips!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 586, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 137.1, Sodium 863.1, Carbohydrate 43.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 19, Protein 46.6
BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: vegetable oil, large, boneless, skinless chicken breast, fine sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, barbecue sauce, pretzel buns, coleslaw
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and clean and lightly oil the hot grates.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Grill the breast for 5 minutes, then flip, brush with some of the barbecue sauce, and continue to grill until cooked through, 5-7 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken, add to a bowl, and toss with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Serve on pretzel buns with coleslaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657 calories, Carbohydrate 76 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 35 grams
PULLED BBQ-CHICKEN SANDWICHES
Chicken thighs are seared until golden, then simmered with beer and an easy homemade BBQ until irresistibly tender. To assemble these hearty sandwiches, layer the meats and our Shredded-Carrot-and-Cabbage Coleslaw on squishy buns for a satisfying crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Working in three batches, and adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as necessary, sear chicken until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon oil from Dutch oven; reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add beer and barbecue sauce; stir until combined. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is very tender, about 1 hour. Turn off heat.
- Transfer chicken to plate; let cool. When cool enough to handle, remove skins (and reserve, if crisping; see Cook's Note, below) and bones; discard bones. Shred chicken into large pieces with two forks.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and reduce until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. (You should have about 3 cups.) Mash garlic with a potato masher until broken down. Return shredded chicken to Dutch oven and heat through, or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days (gently reheat before serving). Serve on potato buns.
SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES
I modified recipe#141965 & came up with this version! I love the sweet & spicy taste, plus the simmering time makes the house smell delicious!
Provided by LUVMY2BOYS
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium sized skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Shred with 2 plastic forks.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a medium saucepean; add chicken.
- Heat on medium, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover & simmer for 50-55 minutes, stirring occassionally, until chicken has absorbed most of the sauce.
- Careful not to overcook or chicken might become too dry!
- Serve on toasted buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.1, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 712.7, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 10.4, Protein 24.8
More about "barbecued chicken sandwiches recipes"
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES | RICARDO
5/5 (11)Calories 435 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the spices in the butter for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce is syrupy. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Stir in the barbecue sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsServings 8Calories 552 per serving
15 BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES - FOOD COM
8 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES - SOMETHING …
THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH - TASTING WITH TINA
SLOW-COOKED BARBECUED CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE | SOUTHERN …
TANGY BARBECUE PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES - INSPIRED TASTE
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH BY SWASTHI'S RECIPES
BARBECUE PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES | STEPHIE COOKS
BAKED BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES - SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A …
TOP 9 GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
CLASSIC BBQ SANDWICH | CHICKEN.CA
THE ULTIMATE GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE (VIDEO TOO!)
EASY BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICH | CHICKEN.CA
QUICK & EASY BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES - BUDGET BYTES
SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES - PACE FOODS
BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES (STOVETOP) - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES - BAKING MISCHIEF
10 BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH HEALTHY RECIPES - YUMMLY
30 EASY AND TASTY BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
A&W DELUXE GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT …
17 BEST BBQ SANDWICH RECIPES [GRILLED CHICKEN, PULLED PORK, BEEF ...
3-INGREDIENT CROCKPOT BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE - SHELF …
14 MOUTHWATERING CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BBQ PULLED CHICKEN RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH CREAMY SLAW RECIPE
SLOW COOKER BBQ CHICKEN (EASY CROCKPOT RECIPE)
PULLED BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICHES - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - A TABLE FULL OF JOY
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST BBQ PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE BBQ …
SPICED-RUBBED AND SAUCED BARBECUE CHICKEN WITH MEADOW CREEK …
#weeknight #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #meat #taste-mood #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love