IRISH BEEF AND STOUT STEW
Warm up with a comforting bowl of this easy freezer-friendly Irish Beef-Stout Stew.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Beef Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, toss beef with flour; stir in tomato paste. Add potatoes, onions, broth, beer, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer pot to oven, and cook, covered, until meat is fork-tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in peas, and season with salt and pepper.
IRISH BEEF STEW
Rich and hearty, this stew is my husband's favorite. The beef is incredibly tender. Served with crusty bread, it's an ideal cool-weather meal and perfect for any Irish holiday. -Carrie Karleen, St. Nicolas, Quebec
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a large shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Brown beef in the bacon drippings. Remove and set aside., In the same pot, saute the mushrooms, leeks, carrots and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato paste until blended. Add the broth, beer, bay leaves, thyme, parsley and rosemary. Return beef and bacon to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 hours., Add potatoes. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour longer. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 441mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH GUINNESS STOUT
Make and share this Irish Beef Stew With Guinness Stout recipe from Food.com.
Provided by JANIC412
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a 6 quart stove top casserole or oven proof pot and add the oil and the bay leaves.
- Cook the bay leaves for a moment and then add the meat. Brown the meat on both sides on high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until it is clear.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the beef stock and stout; simmer, stirring until the stew thickens a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Place the pot in the oven at 275 F: for about 2 hours, stirring a couple of times.
- Check for the salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 562.7, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 145.2, Sodium 405.1, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 4.3, Protein 53
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW
This is a twist on an Irish stew recipe. I added some additional seasonings as the other recipes I've tried ended up being too bland. Serve with Irish soda bread.
Provided by jdave1084
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place potatoes, onion, garlic, green beans, and tomato paste in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with stew seasoning and pour beef broth over top. Mix in stew seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour on a plate and add seasoned salt. Coat stew meat in the flour mixture then brown in the hot skillet, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Add browned meat directly to the slow cooker.
- Add stout beer to the slow cooker and water, if necessary, to bring the liquid even with the ingredients so nothing dries out.
- Cook on High until meat is tender and potatoes are soft, about 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.7 calories, Carbohydrate 48.3 g, Cholesterol 62.6 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 1196.2 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW
This stew is great for St. Patrick's Day. The mixture of the beef and Guinness is awesome! I usually add more beer than the recipe calls for. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Provided by want2hike
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland Irish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Toss the beef cubes with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Dredge the beef in this to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the beef, and brown on all sides. Add the onions, and garlic. Stir the tomato paste into a small amount of water to dilute; pour into the pan and stir to blend. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the beer into the pan, and as it begins to boil, scrape any bits of food from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. This adds a lot of flavor to the broth. Pour in the rest of the beer, and add the carrots and thyme. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 101.3 mg, Fat 36.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 29.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 160.4 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
BEEF & STOUT STEW
What's more comforting on a cold winter night than beef and stout stew with buttery mash? You can make this stew ahead and freeze it for busy weeknights
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Yield Serves 6-8
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Put a large non-stick, flameproof casserole dish on a high heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Season the beef and brown in batches until well coloured on both sides, making sure you don't overcrowd the dish. Remove each batch and set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Toss in the onions and cook for about 10 mins until softened and golden brown. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins.
- Add the stout and stir well to deglaze the pan, scraping up any sticky bits. Return the beef to the pan, pour in the stock and add the thyme. Bring to the boil, then put the lid on and cook for 1½ hrs.
- Add the mushrooms to the casserole, stir well and return to the oven for a further 1½ hrs.
- Season to taste and stir in half the chopped parsley. Scatter over the remaining parsley to finish and serve with mash, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 42 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
More about "beef and irish stout stew recipes"
DONAL SKEHAN'S BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW - TODAY
3.6/5 (81)Category EntréesAuthor Donal SkehanTotal Time 2 hrs
- 1. In a large pot, heat the oil and brown the meat in two batches, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Remove and set aside on a plate. Add another drop of oil if you need it, then fry off the onion, carrots and celery. Add the meat back into the pot along with the garlic.
- 2. Pour in the stock, stout, bay leaf and season with the salt and pepper. Simmer gently for about 1½ hours until the liquid has reduced.
- 3. If the sauce isn't thick enough, strain the juices into a bowl and then transfer to a small sauce pan. Then mix a little of the sauce with the flour over high heat until you have a smooth paste, then whisk through the rest of the liquid. Simmer gently until you have a thickened sauce, then add the thickened sauce over the meat.
IRISH BEEF AND STOUT STEW - FOOD&WINE IRELAND
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan over a high heat and add a knob of butter. Add the meat to the pan in batches and quickly brown – you don’t want it to stew. Remove the meat from the pan and place in a casserole dish. Season lightly.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining butter, then add the onion, carrots, celery, parsnips, garlic and thyme and cook for three to five minutes. Season well.
- Sprinkle over the flour, then add the tomato purée, cook for a further few minutes. Pour in the stout and warmed beef stock and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the pan contents into the casserole dish and cover with a tight-fitting lid and place in a preheated oven at 150ºC/gas mark 2 for two to three hours, checking occasionally to ensure there is enough liquid in the dish.
IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW | RECIPETIN EATS
TRADITIONAL IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - THE DARING …
THE BEST IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW - CASUAL FOODIST
IRISH BEEF AND STOUT STEW RECIPE | RECIPE | COOKING RECIPES, …
RECIPE: IRISH STEW WITH BEEF - MODERN DAY MORI
IRISH BEEF STEW | EASY GUINNESS BEEF STEW RECIPE WITH TENDER BEEF!
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW - ALWAYS HAVE THYME | EVERYDAY RECIPES
A TRADITIONAL IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - COOKING WITH CLASS
HEARTY BEEF GUINESS STOUT STEW - IRISH CLASSIC MEAL - THE FOODIE …
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW - MY HOMEMADE ROOTS
IRISH BEEF STEW - TENDER STOVE TOP BEEF STEW COOKED WITH GUINNESS
HEARTY IRISH STEW WITH STOUT | THE BEER STORE
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW - SIMPLY SCRATCH
21 IRISH STEW RECIPE SLOW COOKER WITH GUINNESS
RECIPE: BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW - DINING AT DISNEY
IRISH STOUT AND BEEF STEW - DONNYBROOK FAIR
IRISH BEEF AND STOUT STEW | STEW RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, MARTHA ...
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW RECIPE | MY RECIPE TIME
IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BEST IRISH STEW RECIPE CROCK POT | DEPORECIPE.CO
DISNEY SPRINGS' RAGLAN ROAD BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW RECIPE
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH STOUT-CHEDDAR BISCUITS - YES TO YOLKS
A BIG BOWL OF COMFORT :: IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEEF AND O’HARA’S IRISH STOUT STEW | SHACK RESTAURANT
BRAISED IRISH BEEF AND STOUT STEW RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
BEER BRAISED IRISH STEW AND COLCANNON
THE BEST IRISH STEW MADE WITH BEEF - GITTA'S KITCHEN
BEEF STEW: IRISH STOUT STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW WITH HERB DUMPLINGS - HOW SWEET EATS
AOL FOOD - RECIPES, COOKING AND ENTERTAINING - AOL.COM
STOUT IRISH BEEF STEW - SETH MCGINN'S CANCOOKER
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW – TWO SISTERS RECIPE COLLECTION
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW | RECIPE | RECIPES, STEW RECIPES, BEEF
BEEF AND IRISH STOUT STEW RECIPE BY RACHAEL PACK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love