DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW
Enjoy a tasty stew made with beef and veggies - perfect for a delightful dinner.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In ovenproof 4-quart Dutch oven, mix all ingredients except potatoes and mushrooms. Cover and bake 2 hours, stirring once.
- Stir in potatoes and mushrooms. Cover and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes longer or until beef and vegetables are tender.
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW
- Stir flour, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Add beef and toss until coated with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a cast iron Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and sear until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Stir in broth, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and bay leaves and cover.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until meat and vegetables are tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
EASY OVEN BEEF STEW
My husband liked this stew and I thought others would, too. -Ruth Ushman, Waterford, Michigan
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add the soup, water, onion and basil; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes and carrots. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW
"This is a great cold-weather meal," says Bettina Turner from Kernersville, North Carolina. "I love this Dutch oven beef stew because it's a hearty meal in one pot. Add a good loaf of bread and you're all set."
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, salt if desired and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. , In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil in batches. Remove and set aside. Add onion to the pan and cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in remaining flour and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the beef, tomatoes and thyme. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. , Add the potatoes and carrots. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
OVEN BEEF BEER STEW
Make and share this Oven Beef Beer Stew recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large Dutch oven that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, add the first 12 ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Cover and bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock, carrots, and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour longer OR until meat is very tender.
People also searched
More recipes about "beef stew in dutch oven recipes"
BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS & POTATOES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot and …
- Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Brown the meat in 3 batches, turning with tongs, for about 5 minutes per batch; add one tablespoon more oil for each batch. (To sear the meat properly, do not crowd the pan and let the meat develop a nice brown crust before turning with tongs.) Transfer the meat to a large plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and balsamic vinegar; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping the brown bits from bottom of the pan, for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute more. Add the beef with its juices back to the pan and sprinkle with the flour. Stir with wooden spoon until the flour is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine, beef broth, water, bay leaf, thyme, and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid, transfer to the preheated oven, and braise for 2 hours.
- Remove the pot from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Cover and place back in oven for about an hour more, or until the vegetables are cooked, the broth is thickened, and the meat is tender. Fish out the bay leaf and discard, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve the stew warm -- or let it come to room temperature and then store in the refrigerator overnight or until ready to serve. This stew improves in flavor if made at least 1 day ahead. Reheat, covered, over medium heat or in a 350°F oven. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STEW | BEEF STEW RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
2015-11-23 · Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Pour in enough oil to fill the pan about 1/4-inch deep. Season the beef generously with salt …
- Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Pour in enough oil to fill the pan about 1/4-inch deep. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Saute half the meat, uncovered, stirring only occasionally, until well-browned, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef. Discard the oil and wipe out the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Return the pot to the stove and melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Add the reserved beef and scatter the flour over the vegetable and beef mixture (enough to lightly coat) and cook stirring until lightly toasted. Add the water or broth, and bring to a simmer. Tie the parsley, thyme, and bay leaves together with a piece of kitchen twine and add the bundle to the pot. Season with 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook the meat until just tender, about 1 1/2 hours. (This can also be done on the stove at a low simmer.)
- Remove pot from the oven. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid with a spoon or ladle. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and the tomatoes, and bring to a simmer on top of the stove. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid thickens and the vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the herb bundle. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
OVEN-BRAISED BEEF STEW RECIPE MADE WITH BEEF CHUCK
In a heavy, cast-iron Dutch oven or brazier, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is really hot, add the beef and brown it thoroughly on all sides. Don't overcrowd the pan. Work in batches if necessary. When a rich brown crust has developed on all sides of the beef…
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW RECIPE | ON SUTTON PLACE
2019-12-19 · Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare the celery, sweet potato, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Put vegetables in a 5.5 to 6 quart dutch oven. If using a chuck roast, cut it in 1 inch cubes. Place stew …
10 BEST DUTCH OVEN BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-14 · Dutch Oven Beef Stew Veronika's Kitchen bay leaves, chicken broth, baby carrots, pepper, potatoes, tomato paste and 7 more Dutch Oven Beef Stew Life, Love and Good Food
See details ››
CAMP DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW RECIPE | THE PERFECT CAMPFIRE ...
2021-01-05 · Heat oil in Dutch oven. Then add beef and heat for 10 -15 minutes until it’s brown on all sides. Add onion and garlic. Heat about five minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add onion and garlic. Heat about five minutes until they begin to soften. Add salt and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce so ingredients are coated.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture tossing to ensure ingredients are coated. Make sure flour is absorbed. Then add beef broth and water as needed until the liquid level is one inch above the meat.
EASY DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW | CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
2021-01-02 · 2 Bay Leaves. 4 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped into ½ " pieces. 1 ss ="nutrifox-quantity">½ lbs Yellow Potatoes, cut into ½" chunks or baby potatoes, cut in half. Additional salt and pepper to taste. Instructions. Preheat the oven to 300F/148C and place a large Dutch oven …
- Preheat the oven to 300F/148C and place a large Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-high heat. When warm add one tablespoon of oil.
- Season the stew meat with salt and pepper then add 1/3 of the meat into the hot pan to sear the beef, let it cook for a couple of minutes then flip, you want a nice dark brown sear on all edges. Then transfer the cooked meat to a large bowl. Repeat this step two more times until all of the meat has browned. You need to cook the meat in batches because if the pan is too crowded the beef will not brown properly.
- Once you remove the final beef add the onion to the pot and reduce heat to medium and let the onions cook for 5 minutes or so to soften. I like to use the back of my spatula to scratch the bottom of the pan and help move around some of those dark spots from the beef, these are super flavorful!! Once the onions have softened add the garlic and cook for a minute, stirring once. Now add the tomato paste and cook for a minute or two, making sure to mix everything together well.
- Add the beef and its juices back to the pot then sprinkle the flour on top of the beef, mix the beef and flour together with the onion mixture and let cook for 2-3 minutes, until no flour streaks remain.
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW - THE SEASONED MOM
2021-01-04 · In a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven, sauté bacon in butter over medium heat until crisp and browned (about 3-5 minutes). Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pat beef dry …
- In a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven, sauté bacon in butter over medium heat until crisp and browned (about 3-5 minutes). Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place the flour in a bowl or large Ziploc bag and season with about ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat well. Remove coated beef from the bowl and discard any extra flour.
- Sear beef in the butter/bacon fat until browned on all sides (about 5 minutes). Depending on the size of your pot, you may need to work in batches so that the beef can brown without overcrowding.
CAMPFIRE STEW DUTCH OVEN CAMPING RECIPE (IT IS EASY ...
2019-08-22 · Season beef with salt and pepper and add to Dutch oven, stir until beef is seared. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and onions, cook till softened. Add tomato paste, beef broth, rosemary, …
- In 12-inch camp Dutch oven, cook and stir bacon over medium-high heat until bacon is browned and crisp.
OLD FASHIONED DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW RECIPE | ROCKY HEDGE FARM
2020-10-08 · Heat fat in a dutch oven, or large cast iron skillet. I use a large cast iron skillet since I double or triple this recipe. It is best that the meat be browned in a single layer. Add garlic and meat.
- Heat fat in a dutch oven, or large cast iron skillet. I use a large cast iron skillet since I double or triple this recipe. It is best that the meat be browned in a single layer. Add garlic and meat. Brown meat on all sides in hot fat.
- Remove bay leaf. Add 2 cups of beef broth, potatoes and carrots. Continue cooking 30 minutes to an hour, until vegetables are tender.
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW - ADVENTURES ...
2019-01-25 · Place stew meat in a plastic bag with flour coating each piece of meat with flour Place stew meat in the dutch oven. Saute until the meat is brown about 3-4 minutes Stir in wine, and broth
BEEF STEW (DUTCH OVEN) - BEEF BOURGUIGNON - THE BEST STEW ...
2020-08-15 · At the same time fry the chopped onions for about 5 minutes on a low heat in the Dutch oven. Then add the flour to the onions and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Then add 450ml red wine and the browned meat to the Dutch oven. …
- Trim the meat of any excess fat. Cut into large 1,5-2" sized chunks. Then season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat in vegetable oil in a pan. (You can do this in the Dutch oven if you wish but I prefer to do this in my wok, so I can use the Dutch oven to fry the onions at the same time. )
- Do this in batches so the meat does not get crowded and boil. The outside needs to be nicely seared. When browned on all sides, remove the meat to a plate.
- At the same time fry the chopped onions for about 5 minutes on a low heat in the Dutch oven. Then add the flour to the onions and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
HEARTY DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
2019-11-03 · Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Season beef chunks with 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper. Heat some olive oil over high heat in a large Dutch oven or a heavy oven-proof pot, and sear beef …
- Season beef chunks with 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper. Heat some olive oil over high heat in a large Dutch oven or a heavy oven-proof pot, and sear beef on all sides until nicely browned. Do this in batches to not overcrowd the pan and to prevent steaming. If you notice that it begins to steam up, remove the excess liquid and continue browning.
- Transfer the browned meat to a plate and set aside. It will not be fully cooked at this point. Leave the brown bits, don’t wipe the pot clean.
- Over medium heat, add some olive oil, onion, garlic, and carrots to the same Dutch oven and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fresh thyme, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce, and cook until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.
DUTCH OVEN CLASSIC BEEF STEW RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
2019-09-26 · Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Sprinkle beef with pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Add half of beef to Dutch oven, and cook until well browned on 2 sides, 3 to 4 minutes …
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Sprinkle beef with pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Add half of beef to Dutch oven, and cook until well browned on 2 sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer browned beef to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef. Set beef aside.
- dd mushrooms to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add red onion and carrots to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red wine; cook until liquid has almost evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes, stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from bottom of Dutch oven.
- Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup of the stock in a small bowl; whisk into mixture in Dutch oven until incorporated. Stir in beef, herb bundle, bay leaves, remaining 2 cups stock, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until beef is tender when pierced with a fork, about 50 minutes. Add potatoes; cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms, pearl onions, mustard, and red wine vinegar into beef mixture. Cook, uncovered, until pearl onions are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; remove and discard herb bundle and bay leaves. Ladle stew into bowls, and sprinkle with chives.
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW | LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
2019-07-23 · Preheat oven to 275 degrees. If using a chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle spices (salt, pepper, coriander, cloves) and minced garlic over the meat and …
- If using a chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle spices (salt, pepper, coriander, cloves) and minced garlic over the meat and toss to coat evenly. Place beef into the bottom of a 6-quart Dutch oven.
- Add diced onions on top of the beef stew meat. Cut red potatoes into 1-inch cubes (no need to peel) and place on top of the onions, followed by sliced carrots, and quartered mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together tomato paste, beef broth, and red wine. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with 5 tablespoons of tapioca. DO NOT STIR.
OVEN BEEF STEW | LODGE CAST IRON
2016-09-07 · 1 cup red wine or water. Directions. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. (If you want to cut the cooking time down a bit, raise the oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.) Layer the ingredients in a 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven …
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. (If you want to cut the cooking time down a bit, raise the oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Layer the ingredients in a 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven in the order they are listed. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours, stirring once or twice.
HEARTY DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW | GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
2020-08-25 · Season beef and short ribs with salt and pepper on all sides. In a dutch oven pot add in oil. When hot brown the beef and short ribs on all sides (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a plate. Add onions and 2 diced carrots to the dutch oven…
- In a dutch oven pot add in oil. When hot brown the beef and short ribs on all sides (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and 2 diced carrots to the dutch oven, scraping down the browned bits from the meat. saute for 5-7 minutes stirring often.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add wine and allow it to reduce 3-5 for minutes. Add tomato paste and stir
EASY DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW | MOM'S DINNER
2018-11-27 · In this Dutch Oven Beef Stew recipe the tapioca pearls are added to thicken the sauce, broth, or gravy (whatever you want to call it). After 5 hours in the oven the pearls “melt” into the tomato juice and thicken it to create a delicious tomato gravy for this beef stew. Tapioca Pearls for thickening. You can find tapioca pearls in the grocery store either with the pudding or by the grains ...
SLOW-BRAISED BEEF (DRAADJESVLEES) RECIPE
Pour the stock into the Dutch oven. Now add the spices and vinegar and bring to the boil. Once the stew comes to a boil, reduce the temperature to low, cover the Dutch oven with a lid and allow to simmer for at least 3 to 4 hours. Check every so often and add more water if required.
14 BEST DUTCH OVEN - BEEF STEW IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK ...
Dutch Oven Beef Stew recipe is an easy classic homemade comfort meal cooked on a stove top. 0:19. Dutch Oven Beef Stew Easy Beef Stew Best Soup Recipes Beef Recipes Recipies Baked Ham With Pineapple Dutch Oven Recipes Food Time Cold Meals. Easy Dutch Oven Beef Stew - Marathons & Motivation. This Dutch Oven Beef Stew recipe is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter's night! …
See details ››
DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW OVER THE FIRE PIT - YOUTUBE
Enjoy a tasty stew made with beef and veggies – perfect for a delightful dinner.
See details ››
ISLAND INSPIRED BEEF STEW - CANADIAN BEEF | CANADA BEEF
2015-06-22 · Freshco Lean Ground Beef Patties. Freshco Lean Ground Beef Patties Nutrition; Freshco Beef Liver Sliced. Freshco Beef Liver Sliced Nutrition; Freshco Angus Sirloin Tip Cap Removed, Boneless. Freshco Angus Sirloin Tip Cap Removed, Boneless Nutrition; Freshco Stew Beef VP 800G. Freshco Stew Beef VP 800G Nutrition; Freshco Angus Outside Round Roast
See details ››