MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
A quick and easy sandwich with ham, turkey and swiss slices, dipped in an egg/milk mixture and fried to a golden brown. A hot alternative to the usual lunch or snack. Try it with berry jam on the side.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by CJO
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spread bread with mayonnaise and mustard. Alternate ham, Swiss and turkey slices on bread.
- Beat egg and milk in a small bowl. Coat the sandwich with the egg and milk mixture. Heat a greased skillet over medium heat, brown the sandwich on both sides. Serve hot.
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 sandwich
Number Of Ingredients 11
- On a work surface, lay out 2 slices of bread and spread with mayonnaise. Top each slice with the 1 slice of Gouda and 1 slice of turkey each. Put the third slice of bread on top of one stack, and flip the remaining stack on top, cheese-side down, to make a triple-decker sandwich.
- Using a knife, cut the crusts off the sandwich (this helps to pinch and seal the ends). Wrap the sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours. (Wrapping the sandwich in plastic wrap, compacts it, and prevents the egg batter from seeping in.)
- Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Unwrap the sandwich and dip it in the egg batter, to coat evenly. Gently place it in the skillet, and fry, turning once, until golden brown and hot, about 5 minutes total.
- Cut the Monte Cristo in 1/2, transfer it to a place, and garnish with the strawberry and orange. Spoon some jam over each 1/2 and serve immediately.
MONTE CRISTO PULL-APART SLIDERS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: raspberry, granulated sugar, fresh lemon juice, nonstick cooking spray, sweet hawaiian dinner rolls, roasted turkey, honey ham, swiss cheese, large egg, unsalted butter, powdered sugar
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 12 sliders
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the raspberry jam: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the raspberries for about 4 minutes, until they start to burst and become very fragrant. Add the sugar and cook, stirring constantly, for 10-15 minutes, until running a spoon through the jam leaves an open trail at the bottom of the pot. Stir in the lemon juice. Remove the pot from the heat and let the jam cool completely. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the sliders: Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a small baking sheet with foil, leaving enough overhang so the sides can be used as handles. Grease with nonstick spray.
- Slice the sheet of Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally, leaving the individual rolls connected. Place the bottom half in the prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the turkey and ham on top, making sure to fold the meat to fit inside the individual squares of the rolls, then top with the Swiss cheese.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the top half of the rolls and place on top of the cheese layer, pressing down lightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and melted butter. Liberally brush on top of the rolls.
- Bake the sliders until the cheese is completely melted and the buns are toasted, 25-30 minutes. If the tops begin to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
- Remove the sliders from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Dust lightly with powdered sugar and serve whole so the sliders can be pulled apart.
BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
This is my one of my son's most requested recipes, though all my kids love it! We serve it with warmed, real maple syrup for dipping. We tried 4 or 5 recipes before combining a few to come up with this one, now nothing else will do!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Darcys Diner
Yield 4 sandwiches, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Assemble four sandwiches using bread, meats, and cheeses. Set aside. In medium mixing bowl (I use a square casserole dish), combine egg, water, milk, salt, sugar, flour, baking powder & mustard. Beat well. Heat about 1" of oil in deep skillet (I use a large iron skillet). Dip your sandwiches into the coating mixture, I like to get them well soaked. They will be drippy -- try to drain off a bit, carefully slide into the hot oil. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. When nicely browned, gently flip over & brown other side. Remove to paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let cool a few minutes before cutting so the cheese doesn't ooze out. Cut each sandwich into four fingers for easy dipping. Serve with syrup or jam.
People also searched
More recipes about "best bread for monte cristo"
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2004-01-26 · Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of bread. Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and …
- Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and another slice of cheese.
CLASSIC MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH (WITH VIDEO) | HOW TO FEED A ...
2021-04-07 · How To Layer a Monte Cristo Sandwich Now, the fun part…building the sandwich. Add a layer of the shredded Gruyere cheese, about 1/2 cup, on top of the mayo/Dijon-smeared bread. Next, comes a layer of ham, then turkey, then more cheese (1/2 cup), and topped with the other slice of bread, mayo/Dijon side facing down.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and Dijon in a small bowl. Use a butter knife to smear the mayo/mustard mixture onto the top-facing side of each slice of bread.
- For both sandwiches, follow these steps. Add ½ cup of cheese on top of the mayo/mustard mixture. Add a layer of ham, then turkey, and then another ½ cup on top. Place the other slice on top of the cheese, mayo/mixture facing down.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Gently mix until the eggs are just beaten.
EASY BACON MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST ...
2015-04-05 · Lay a slice of ham on each slice of bread. Place a slice of cheese on top of each slice of ham. Cut bacon in half and place 2 halves on each sandwich. ok in this …
CLASSIC MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH | KITCHN
2019-08-03 · A perfect Monte Cristo sandwich has a few classic markers: soft white bread, thinly sliced deli ham, creamy Gruyère cheese, and a custardy egg dip before being cooked. To balance all that savory goodness, Monte Cristo sandwiches are …
See details ››
THE BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
2021-07-26 · Lay 4 pieces of bread down and top with 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Place 1/4 of the ham on top of each piece of cheese. Take 4 more slices of bread and spread about 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side. Place the mayonnaise side down on top of the ham, then spread another 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the opposite side of the bread…
- Lay 4 pieces of bread down and top with 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Place 1/4 of the ham on top of each piece of cheese.
- Take 4 more slices of bread and spread about 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side. Place the mayonnaise side down on top of the ham, then spread another 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the opposite side of the bread. Repeat with the 3 remaining sandwiches.
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE (PAN-FRIED) | STRIPED SPATULA
2021-05-10 · What Goes In a Monte Cristo Sandwich. Like the Brown Derby Cookbook recipe, my Monte Cristo recipe is a triple-decker sandwich. Here’s what I use to make it: Bread. I use hearty farmhouse-style white bread or day-old brioche or challah, sliced 1/2-inch thick. Airy white breads tend to fall apart too easily in this recipe.
- Soften 1 tablespoon of butter and very lightly butter one side of two slices of the bread, and both sides of the third slice of bread. Spread Dijon mustard onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread, and 1 teaspoon of jam or jelly onto the unbuttered side of the final slice.
- Assemble sandwich in the following order: 1 ounce/slice of Swiss/Gruyere on top of the Dijon, followed by the ham, the slice of fully buttered bread, turkey, 1 ounce/slice of Swiss/Gruyere, and the remaining slice of bread, jelly side down. Trim crusts, if desired.
- Loosely wrap the sandwich with plastic wrap and weigh it down with a grill press or skillet for 3-5 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg, milk, salt, and nutmeg. Dip sandwich into the egg mixture, until some of the liquid absorbs into the bread, but it isn't falling apart.
BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE AHEAD/FREEZE)
2020-12-27 · This mouthwatering Monte Cristo recipe is made with layers of ham, turkey, and Gruyere cheese on sourdough or challah, dunked in a light batter, pan fried until golden, then served with powdered sugar, syrup and/or raspberry jam for dipping. The coveted buttery, golden crispy crust giving way to the velvety inside combined with gooey cheese, is sweet, salty, cheesy, buttery, perfection. Monte ...
- To assemble two sandwiches at the same time: place 2 slices of bread on a cutting board. Lightly butter each slice of bread then flip over so the butter is face down. Spread some mayo/mustard mixture on the top of each slice of bread. Top with 1-2 slices of cheese (or enough to cover the surface of the bread in a single layer), followed by 2 slices of ham (1 slice if using thick sliced leftover ham); set aside.
- Spread one side of two pieces of bread with raspberry jam. Place raspberry jam side down over ham. Spread the top side with the mayo/mustard mixture. Top with 4 slices of turkey and cheese (enough cheese to cover the surface of the bread in a single layer); set aside.
BAKED MONTE CRISTO SLIDERS | KARYL'S KULINARY KRUSADE
2019-09-17 · This recipe was featured in Stillwater Living Magazine. Baked Monte Cristo Sliders are a mini version of the classic sandwich. Layers of meat and cheese are brushed with a delicious glaze and baked to golden perfection. These are a great way to use up holiday leftovers, or any time of year for a snack, appetizer or gameday tailgate . This post and recipe …
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Separate slider buns and lay each piece face up on baking sheet.
MONTE CRISTO CASSEROLE RECIPE- DINNER, THEN DESSERT
2020-09-08 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x10 baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Line the baking dish with half of the bread. Layer with ham, turkey, cheese and the rest of the bread. In a …
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2019-06-08 · This is a perfect lunch recipe or makes for a great easy dinner with a ... The best Monte Cristo Sandwich always starts with the best ingredients. Bread: White bread will seal the best, but …
- Place 2 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Top with a slice of cheese, and 2 slices of ham. Add the second slice of bread and spread with a little bit of mustard if desired. Add 2 slices of turkey and a slice of cheese. Add the 3rd piece of bread.
- Using a cutting board or the bottom of a frying pan, gently press the sandwich. Cut off crusts (to help seal the sandwich).
- In a small bowl mix together milk, eggs and salt & pepper until combined. Dip sandwich into egg mixture.
- Preheat skillet over low heat and add butter. Add sandwich and cook 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook 4-5 minutes more or until cooked through and melted.
COPYCAT DISNEYLAND MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES - THE KITCHEN ...
2019-03-15 · Place a toothpick on each corner of the sandwich. Dip the whole sandwich in the batter, covering the surface completely and fry in. 340 degrees Fahrenheit oil until golden. Remove and drain …
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until there are no lumps. The batter should be fairly runny, yet still thick enough to stick to the sandwich. If needed, add a teensy bit more milk.
- Make the sandwiches by layering a slice of Swiss cheese, then the 4 meat slices, then Swiss cheese, top with the remaining slice of bread. Putting cheese on either side of the meat ensures a beautiful melty goodness when you are done! Leave the sandwiches whole for frying, as you lose the cheesy goodness inside otherwise. Only slice them after they are cooked up!
MONTE CRISTO BREAD PUDDING - FRAMED COOKS
2012-08-05 · Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease two individual baking dishes and put one cup of bread cubes into the bottom of each. Divide the ham and turkey between each dish. Top each dish with 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/2 cup of bread …
- Lightly grease two individual baking dishes and put one cup of bread cubes into the bottom of each. Divide the ham and turkey between each dish. Top each dish with 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/2 cup of bread cubes.
- Thoroughly mix the egg, cream and milk together. Pour half of the egg mixture over the contents of one baking dish and repeat with the other. Cover each dish with plastic wrap, press down on the top a little to make sure the bread is in contact with the egg mixture, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (and up to overnight)
- Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
ULTIMATE VENISON MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE - MEATEATER
2020-08-06 · Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Canola oil, peanut oil, or anything with a high smoke point works best. Cut the bread, ham slices, and Swiss cheese into uniform squares that are all the same size. Stack the pieces of the sandwich neatly as follows: bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread.
- Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Canola oil, peanut oil, or anything with a high smoke point works best.
- Cut the bread, ham slices, and Swiss cheese into uniform squares that are all the same size. Stack the pieces of the sandwich neatly as follows: bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread. Stacking the layers in this manner allows the cheese to help hold each layer together. Give the sandwich a slight press and set to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Combine the bread flour, eggs, milk, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and vigorously whisk until a smooth batter forms. The use of bread flour and eggs will make sure that there’s enough protein content in the batter to create a barrier against the oil. This will make a crispy exterior, rather than an oil-soaked one.
- Place the corn flakes into a bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Try to keep the pieces uniform—not too fine, not too coarse. The crushed corn flakes will adhere to the batter and add that perfect flaky crunch.
CLASSIC MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
Butter both sides of the second slice of bread and spread with a little mustard or other mayonnaise, if desired. Place the bread slice on top of turkey or ham slice and top with 2 thin slices of cheese. Butter the third slice for top; press sandwich lightly and trim crusts. Cut each sandwich into halves diagonally and secure with toothpicks.
BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE
2015-04-05 · These roadside diners that gave rise to the Monte Cristo Sandwich weren’t using authentic Parisian baguettes, they were using pillowy soft rolls and sandwich bread to make this sandwich. In order to stay true to it’s inauthentic roots, a Monte Cristo requires mediocre bread. The second, more practical reason for the cheap bread is because the light airy structure of cheap bread gets crisp ...
MONTE CRISTO BREAD RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
2013-08-14 · Kate Donahue | Food Babbles August 14, 2013 8:00 am Updated April 25, 2019 Monte Cristo Bread - ham, turkey, and cheese in one delicious bread. Serve it with warmed raspberry jam for a true treat. Growing up in North Carolina, there was only one diner.
DISNEY RECIPE: MAKE DISNEYLAND'S SIGNATURE MONTE CRISTO ...
2020-04-21 · Line a cookie sheet with paper towels; set aside. Whisk the egg and water together in a mixing bowl. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of bowl. On one slice of bread, arrange 2 slices of ham, turkey, and cheese, covering the bread evenly.
33 BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH IDEAS | MONTE CRISTO ...
Jun 27, 2015 - Explore eden Cornelio's board "monte cristo sandwich", followed by 481 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about monte cristo sandwich, cooking recipes, recipes.
THE BEST MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL ...
These copycat sweet-meets-savory Disneyland favorite Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwiches are made with rich challah bread stuffed with ham, turkey and cheese, then fried, dusted in powdered sugar, and dipped in jam! Perfect for brunch or dinner! #sandwich #montecristo #ham #cheese #turkey #disneyland #copycat #lunch #dinner #recipe #homemade #easy #fried . amybakeshealthy. Sandwich & Burger ...
BEST BREAD FOR MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH - FOOD NEWS
Best Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe. Pre-sliced white bread will work, just don't overfill your sandwich. Choose whatever mustard you like best. Dijon is, of course, the classic for this sandwich, but you could opt for a grainer mustard, honey mustard, or any combination of mustards. 1:34. Best Bread for a Monte Cristo? While you can use any kind of bread, we think that sliced sourdough is the ...
See details ››
10 BEST BAKED MONTE CRISTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-10 · Baked Monte Cristo Olives-n-Okra heavy cream, eggs, white bread, swiss cheese, deli ham, deli turkey and 1 more Baked Monte Cristo Sliders Karyl's Kulinary Krusade raspberry preserves, raw honey, honey ham, slider buns, smoked gouda cheese and 6 more
See details ››
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH RECIPE: BACON & HAM SANDWICH WITH ...
2020-06-22 · 1. Best Bread for Monte Cristo Sandwich. Brioche or French bread are our go-to choices for every fried sandwich recipe. Whether it’s French toast or the Monte Cristo, these types of bread are perfect for soaking up egg custard without absorbing too much of it. Brioche is denser than standard bread loaves, meaning it will produce a firmer ...
See details ››
BREAD FOR MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH- TFRECIPES
Bread For Monte Cristo Sandwich. MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH. A quick and easy sandwich with ham, turkey and swiss slices, dipped in an egg/milk mixture and fried to a golden brown. A hot alternative to the usual lunch or snack. Try it with berry jam on the side. Recipe From allrecipes.com. Provided by CJO. Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Ham. Time 20m. Yield 1. Number Of Ingredients: 8 ...
See details ››