"WORLD'S BEST" MACARONI & CHEESE
We tasted this in Seattle at the Pike Place Market in the Beecher's store. It is the best! I had to get their recipe and I found it on the internet; It is a very rich creamy comfort food. I do not have Beecher's cheese so I improvised with what is available and it came out as tasty as the original. Serve this with a crisp salad. Enjoy!
Provided by Sageca
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350; F. Set a large pot of water on high heat.
- Meanwhile, begin the sauce by making a roux: in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue to stir this roux over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- The roux should be cooked and free of the flour flavor but still light in color.
- Gradually add milk, whisking briskly to maintain a smooth sauce.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- When sauce thickens, add cheeses, salt and spices to the sauce, and stir until all the cheese has melted. I make my sauces in the microwave; turns out great and never scorches.
- Somewhere during this sauce-cooking process, your pasta water has started boiling. The original is made with Penne noodles. Add a generous amount of salt to the water and cook the pasta until almost but not quite al dente (two minutes before the package directions indicate). You want barely undercooked pasta so that it can finish in the oven later. Halt the cooking by draining the pasta and rinsing with cold water. Return pasta to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir until completely incorporated. The combination should be fairly saucy, almost soupy.
- Dish the mixture into a buttered 9-13 pan and sprinkle with extra grated cheeses and cayenne. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until you have beautiful, browned edges. Those edges will be a welcome and flavorful addition to each serving.
- Let the dish sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. I divided this in 2 containers and froze one.
BEST EVER MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE
This perfect baked macaroni cheese recipe comes with a creamy cheese sauce, a hint of mustard and uses leftover French stick for its crunchy topping
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the baguette chunks over a baking sheet, drizzle with the melted butter and season. Bake for 6 mins until crisp, then set aside.
- Boil the pasta for 2 mins less than stated on the pack, then drain. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and English mustard powder, cook for 1 min, then stir in the plain flour.
- Cook for 1 min more, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a lump-free sauce. Simmer for 5 mins, whisking all the time until thickened. Take off the heat, then stir in the cheddar and half the parmesan.
- Stir the pasta and some seasoning into the cheesy sauce. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, or four individual dishes.
- Scatter over the bread and the remaining parmesan, then bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden. Can be frozen before baking - defrost thoroughly before cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 860 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 88 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Place the panko bread crumbs in a small bowl, drizzle with the melted butter, and toss to combine. Add a handful of the grated cheese to the bowl, toss to combine, and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain the noodles, without rinsing, then return them to the pot they were cooked in.
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, warm the milk just until it starts to steam and form tiny bubbles around its edges-be careful not to let the milk come to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the flour and use a flat-edged wooden spoon or heat-safe rubber spatula to stir the mixture together, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent burning, just until it starts to turn a light brown color, about 3 minutes. Slowly add the warm milk and stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the remaining grated cheese and stir until it's completely melted. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked elbow macaroni and gently stir to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese into the prepared baking dish and top with the panko-cheese mixture. Bake until light golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve hot. DO AHEAD: Macaroni and cheese can be made ahead, put into the baking dish, cooled completely, and kept, covered in the refrigerator, for 2 days. Do not add the bread crumbs until ready to bake. (Chilled Macaroni and Cheese may take longer than 30 minutes to be fully cooked.)
THE BEST BAKED MAC & CHEESE RECIPE EVER
- Boil the pasta JUST until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and return to the pan you boiled it in. Set aside. (Mix in a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking if it's going to be awhile before you make the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the flour, salt, dry mustard, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika. With a wooden spoon or whisk, stir constantly for three minutes.
- Add the milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly with a whisk. Continue to stir constantly until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted. You'll reserve the last cup of cheese for topping. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss gently until all of the pasta is coated.
- Add half the pasta to a two-quart casserole dish (I like a tall 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish). Sprinkle on half the cheese. Add the rest of the pasta. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then dust lightly with the smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the mac and cheese is bubbling and browning on top.
- Serve, topping individual servings with parsley or cooked, chopped bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442 kcal, Sugar 7 g, Sodium 601 mg, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "best macaroni and cheese recipes"
SOUTHERN MACARONI AND CHEESE (THE BEST RECIPE!) - OH SWEET ...
4.4/5 (158)Calories 714 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, whisking to combine, and add to the macaroni mixture.
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (52)Calories 630 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Pour Sauce into pot with Macaroni. Stir quickly, then pour back into the skillet (I did this) or a baking dish (Note 4). Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping.
THE BEST HOMEMADE BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
5/5 (270)Category DinnerServings 12Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large 3 qt or 4 qt baking dish and set aside.Combine shredded cheeses in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta one minute shy of al dente according to the package instructions. Remove from heat, drain, and place in a large bowl.
BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | EASY RECIPE GUIDE | JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 8Total Time 1 hrCategory Mains
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof saucepan over a low heat, then add the flour and turn the heat up to medium, stirring all the time, until you get a paste – this is your roux.
- Add all the sliced garlic – don’t worry about the amount because each slice will caramelise like toffee in the roux.
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES- THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
OUR BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
Author Lacey Muszynski See details »
10 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MASCARPONE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAC ...
5/5 (11)Category Main DishServings 6Total Time 30 mins See details »
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE (CONTEST-WINNING!) - THE ...
4.7/5 Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add dried pasta and cook 1 minute less than the package directs for al dente. Drain and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to keep from sticking.
- While water is coming up to a boil, grate cheeses and toss together to mix, then divide into three piles. Approximately 3 cups for the sauce, 1 1/2 cups for the inner layer, and 1 1/2 cups for the topping.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over MED heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine. Mixture will look like very wet sand. Cook for approximately 1 minute, whisking often. Slowly pour in about 2 cups or so of the milk/half and half, while whisking constantly, until smooth. Slowly pour in the remaining milk/half and half, while whisking constantly, until combined and smooth.
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 10
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium. Add next 6 ingredients; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup each of shredded Cheddar cheeses until melted. (Reserve remaining 1/4 cup each of shredded cheeses.) Stir in pasta and diced cheeses; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet in preheated oven until bubbly and golden, 30 minutes. Remove from oven; increase oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle with reserved shredded cheeses; broil 6 inches from heat until cheeses are melted and golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
EASY HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.8/5 (170)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, Side Course
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk and half and half, stirring constantly, and cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until the mixture is just barely thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup shredded cheese, stirring just until melted.
14 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Creamy Cheese and Dijon Mustard. Creamy cheese and dijon mustard makes this the perfect macaroni and cheese. Cheddar and half-and-half make this macaroni and cheese creamy, and Dijon mustard gives it some flavorful bite.
- Easy Mac and Cheese in the Crockpot. This is a basic recipe for easy mac and cheese in the crockpot. You can start it up, go to work or on errands and come home to a welcoming dinner.
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. This incredibly creamy Instant Pot macaroni and cheese recipe is surprisingly fast and easy to prepare. Aside from needing very little attention, there are no boil-over messes to worry about, no separate sauce to make, and no baking required.
- Easy and Quick Mac and Cheese. This super easy and quick mac and cheese recipe is great for a weeknight. You don't make a sauce, and the entire thing will be ready in about a half an hour -- just long enough to steam some broccoli or green beans, set the table and crack open some wine.
- Easy Gnocchi Mac and Cheese. Convenience is coupled with homemade flavor in this easy gnocchi mac and cheese recipe. The from-scratch potato dumplings (gnocchi) take the place of macaroni but the cheese sauce comes from a package of store-bought mac and cheese.
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese. Cottage cheese and sour cream really shows its stuff in this recipe where it teams with cheddar for this creamy macaroni and cheese.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. Buffalo chicken wings meet mac and cheese in this spicy recipe. The chicken is cooked a spicy sauce, and the cheese sauce includes hot sauce and pepper jack.
- Jalapeño Macaroni and Cheese. Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs or roasted red peppers plus jalapeños really turn up the heat in this Jalapeño macaroni and cheeses recipe.
- Uncomplicated Macaroni and Cheese Casserole. This uncomplicated macaroni and cheese casserole is held together with a mixture of eggs, milk, and cheese -- there's no sauce to make.
- Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon. Cooked crumbled bacon and green onions take this macaroni and cheese with bacon recipe to a new level. The green onions go into the cheese sauce, and the bacon is sprinkled over the casserole before the buttered breadcrumb topping is added.
38 OF THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES ON PLANET EARTH ...
Author Kristen AikenPublished 2018-02-15Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
12 HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE BAKED IDEAS IN 2021 ...
12 pins299 followers See details »
THESE ARE THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES YOU’LL FIND
Author Zareen Syed See details »
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | MAC AND CHEESE ...
See details »
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
ULTIMATE MACARONI AND CHEESE | CANADIAN LIVING
See details »
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
BEST SOUTHERN STYLE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
See details »
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | BIGOVEN
See details »
You'll also love