HOMEMADE RYE BREAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the yeast, sugar, melted butter, egg, and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add the salt, rye flour, all-purpose flour, and caraway seeds. Beat at low speed until all of the flour is incorporated, about 1 minute. Then, beat at medium speed until the mixture forms a ball, leaves the sides of the bowl and climbs up the dough hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Using your hands, form the dough into a smooth ball. Lightly oil a bowl. Place the dough in the bowl and turn it to oil all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 5 1/2 by 9-inch baking pan.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and invert onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead the dough several times. Tuck and roll so that any seams disappear into the dough and place in the prepared baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg lightly over the top of the dough. Bake until lightly brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup water. Add 2 teaspoons honey. Whisk until yeast dissolves. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups water to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, along with remaining 3 tablespoons honey, butter, caraway seeds, and salt. Mix on low to combine. Gradually add both flours, one cup at a time, mixing until dough comes away from sides of bowl and forms a ragged, slightly sticky ball. Butter a large bowl.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic but still slightly tacky, about 5 minutes. Shape into a ball. Transfer to prepared bowl; cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough stand in a warm place until it doubled in volume (it should not spring back when pressed), about 1 hour. Butter two 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pans. Punch down dough and divide in half.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, shape into a 7-by-7-inch square. Fold dough into thirds; press seam to adhere and pinch ends to seal. Place seam-side down in loaf pan. Repeat process with remaining piece of dough.
- In a small bowl, mix egg white with 1 teaspoon water and brush mixture over tops of loaves; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Spray two pieces of plastic wrap with nonstick cooking spray; drape loaves with prepared plastic wrap and let stand until dough rises about 1 inch above tops of pans, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees on a conventional oven or 425 degrees on a convection oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees (conventional) or 375 degrees (convection).
- Uncover loaves and transfer to oven. Bake, rotating pans after 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer to wire racks. Let cool slightly; turn out loaves. Let cool completely before slicing.
REAL NY JEWISH RYE BREAD
For thousands of years man has been enjoying bread. This rye bread recipe will add to this ancient enjoyment. Having lived in northwest Connecticut for over 35 years, in close proximity to NYC with its great Jewish delis, baking some of the finest rye bread going, I snagged this recipe from a friend. Hope you like it. Enjoy and share with your family, friends, and neighbors.
Provided by Dad's world famous
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place bread flour, rye flour, potato flakes, caraway seeds, demarara sugar, yeast, and sea salt in the bowl of a large stand mixer. Turn mixer to low and thoroughly mix dry ingredients. Beat warm water, canola oil, and pickle juice into dry ingredients. Fit dough hook onto mixer and beat until dough is rough and shaggy-looking.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for exactly 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and knead dough in stand mixer with dough hook until smooth, firm, and only slightly sticky, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Form dough into a ball, place dough into an oiled bowl, and turn dough around several times in bowl to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set into a warm place, and let rise until nearly double, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan. Turn dough onto a lightly oiled surface, shape into a log, and place into prepared loaf pan. Cover with a cloth kitchen towel and let rise until top of dough has risen slightly over top of pan, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake loaf until golden brown and cooked through, about 35 minutes. The internal temperature of the bread should be 190 degrees F (90 degrees C). If loaf browns too quickly, cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil with shiny side out. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 191.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SUPERB RYE BREAD (BREAD MACHINE)
This is a good basic bread machine recipe for rye bread. I don't remember where I got it, but it's one I make all the time.
Provided by The Mad Slovak
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature and add to bread machine baking pan, in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic setting (I use basic setting, medium size, light crust) and push Start.
RUSTIC RYE BREAD
This gorgeous rye bread has just a touch of sweetness and the perfect amount of caraway seeds. With a crusty top and firm texture, it holds up well to sandwiches, but a pat of butter will do the job, too. -Holly Wade, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (12 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Stir in brown sugar, molasses, caraway seeds, oil, salt and remaining water. Add rye flour, whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a firm dough. , Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. , Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape each into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°., Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 298mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "best soft rye bread recipes"
SOFT AND CHEWY RYE BREAD - THE HUNGRY MOUSE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SOFT RYE BREAD | THE BAKING WAY!
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
OUR BEST RYE BREAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BEST SOFT RYE BREAD RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SOURDOUGH RYE BREAD - BOSTON GIRL BAKES
EASY HOMEMADE RYE BREAD - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
BEST RYE BREAD RECIPES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
SOFT SOURDOUGH RYE BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BREAD MACHINE - RYE BREAD - BREAD DAD
THE SOFT RYE BREAD EVERYBODY WILL LOVE - YOUTUBE
10 EASTERN EUROPEAN HEARTY RYE BREAD RECIPES - THE …
HOMEMADE RYE BREAD RECIPE - MASHED
RYE BREAD | ALLRECIPES
EASY NO KNEAD RYE BREAD - JENNY CAN COOK
10 BEST SANDWICHES WITH RYE BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
A QUICK NO KNEAD CRUSTY RYE BREAD - LINDYSEZ RECIPE
BEST SOFT RYE BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FINALLY! SOFT RYE BREAD FOR SANDWICHES. - SMOKING MEAT FORUMS
RYE BREAD - JO COOKS
RYE LOVERS DARK RYE BREAD! – WEEKEND BAKERY
SOFT AND BENDABLE GLUTEN FREE "RYE" BREAD - BEAUTY IN THE CRUMBS
HOMEMADE RYE BREAD - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
SOFT WHITE BREAD RECIPE - BAKING A MOMENT
SOFT SOURDOUGH RYE BREAD - YUDANE METHOD - BAKE WITH PAWS
OVERNIGHT RYE BREAD RECIPE - BAKING SENSE®
RUSTIC RYE SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE • HEARTBEET KITCHEN
DOUBLE LIGHT RYE BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT RYE BREAD | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
RYE SANDWICH BREAD - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
THE EASIEST RYE BREAD EVER - CREATIVE NOURISH
NO-KNEAD RYE BREAD - SAVOR THE BEST
JANE'S BREAD MACHINE SOFT RYE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
BEST RYE BREAD RECIPE FOR BREAD MACHINE (RUSTIC, FULL OF FLAVOR)
RYE BREAD RECIPE( LESS GLUTEN, BETTER TASTE) - CHEFJAR
RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER RYE BREAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOFT CRUST SOURDOUGH RYE BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOURDOUGH RYE BREAD - BAKING SENSE®
SOURDOUGH RYE SANDWICH BREAD - SCOTCH & SCONES
DARK RYE BREAD - JO COOKS
SOFT RUST RYE SOURDOUGH BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
NO KNEAD RYE BREAD, EASY RYE BREAD RECIPE | JENNY CAN COOK
THE FLUFFIEST WHITE BREAD IN THE WORLD | SAVEUR
A RECIPE FOR SUPREMELY SOFT RYE BREAD - BAKE! WITH ZING BLOG
You'll also love