MIDDLE EASTERN COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the raisins, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the couscous to the saucepan, along with the 2 cups of boiling water and the salt. Stir once with a fork, cover tightly, and remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork before serving to fluff the couscous and combine the other ingredients. (This recipe can be made up to a day ahead and reheated over very low heat or in a microwave oven.)
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE
- In a small saucepan, simmer together port wine and sugar over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add dried fruit and dried cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Serve over frozen yogurt and garnish with toasted slivered almonds.
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE WITH COUSCOUS AND YOGURT
Served as a dessert or for breakfast, this healthy combination tastes great hot or cold. Choose any fruit juice you like. To save time and effort, you can use plain or pre-flavored yogurt and a packaged mixture of dried fruit.
Provided by TishT
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine fruit, almonds, cinnamon, sugar and juice in medium saucepan over high heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until fruit is softened and fragrant, about 10 minutes Meanwhile, place couscous in heat resistant bowl and pour in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add butter and stir briefly to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap 3 minutes.
- Gently stir mixture with fork until grains are separated and lightly fluffed.
- Combine yogurt, honey and nutmeg in small bowl and mix well.
- To serve, divide couscous among 4 deep bowls.
- Top with fruit mixture, pour some yogurt onto each serving and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 940, Fat 15.5, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 15.6, Sodium 95, Carbohydrate 196.8, Fiber 20.4, Sugar 119.8, Protein 18.7
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE
- Simmer the fruit in water to cover for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Remove to a bowl and reduce liquid in saucepan to half a cup.
- Add the orange and lemon peel, honey and orange juice. Stir until honey has melted, correct sweetening and pour the mixture over the fruit. Leave at room temperature.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the fruit with the almonds. Serve the creme fraiche separately.
VEGAN BREAKFAST COUSCOUS WITH FRESH FRUIT
From the fabulous cookbook La Dolce Vegan. Feel free to substitute your favorite fresh fruit in season: peaches, berries, etc.; even dried fruit, etc. Couscous is ideal for breakfast as it is not only nutritious but cooks very quickly. Living the Dolce Vegan!
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- *NOTE: Regular cow's milk can be substituted for the soy milk.
- In a small pot on high heat, bring the milk substitute and juice of choice just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in the couscous with a fork. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, leave pan on element, and allow to stand a few minutes.
- If desired, season with salt. Serve with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon or other favorite spice.
- Yield: 1 medium or 2 small servings.
COUSCOUS WITH FRUIT
Fast-cooking couscous is a wonderful way to solve the dinnertime dilemma. Combined with mixed dried fruit, this tiny pasta is the star of the show!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat chicken broth, fruit bits, butter and salt to boiling in 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Stir in couscous.
- Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 570 mg
HOT BREAKFAST COUSCOUS
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, honey and cinnamon. As soon as it comes to a boil, stir in the couscous. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the apricots, raisins and almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.1 g, Cholesterol 1.2 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 31.7 mg, Sugar 14.8 g
More about "breakfast couscous with dried fruit compote recipes"
COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS - COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
10 BEST BREAKFAST COUSCOUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE | MAGGIE BEER
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS WITH DRIED-FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE
3.3/5 (17)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE WITH ORANGE COUSCOUS RECIPE. HEALTHY RECIPES ...
COUSCOUS WITH APPLE JUICE AND DATES | RICARDO
RECIPE: COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS STEP BY STEP WITH …
COOK IT WITH COUSCOUS! 9 WAYS TO CHANGE UP MEAL TIME
ISRAELI COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - THE COUPLE DOES VEGAN
10 BEST FRUIT COMPOTE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
SWEET BREAKFAST COUSCOUS | RICARDO
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE - SPRUCE UP YOUR BREAKFAST OR SERVE A …
RECIPE: BREAKFAST COUSCOUS WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUITS STEP BY STEP …
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE WITH ORANGE COUSCOUS RECIPE | NOURISH …
BREAKFAST AT YOUR DESK: YUMMY COUSCOUS WITH FRUIT COMPOTE
MORNING COUSCOUS WITH FRUIT COMPOTE - SAN REMO
CHILLED BREAKFAST FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE | VINTAGE COOKING
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS WITH DRIED-FRUIT COMPOTE
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS WITH DRIED-FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE | CANADIAN LIVING
TONY'S BREAKFAST COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY DRIED FRUITS COMPOTE: RECIPE - FINDING OUR WAY NOW
GRANDMA'S GORGEOUS DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPES - VEGGIE DESSERTS
BREAKFAST COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COMPOTE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
DRIED FRUIT COMPOTE WITH ORANGE COUSCOUS - HONEST TO GOODNESS
LIBRERECIPES - CATEGORY
You'll also love