BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the bacon in a large, cold skillet and cook over medium heat until the fat renders and the bacon is almost crisp, about 8 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add 1 of the cans of beans with their liquid. Drain and rinse the remaining beans, then add them to the skillet. Add the ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low simmer, then transfer to a small baking dish. Bake uncovered until thickened and bubbly, about 50 minutes. Serve warm.
BROWN SUGAR BACON
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Position racks in the top and bottom of the oven. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and set cooling racks into the baking sheets.
- Using your fingers, crumble together the brown sugar, smoked paprika and several grinds of black pepper on a plate. Dredge the bacon on both sides in the brown sugar mixture, rubbing so the sugar adheres. Arrange the slices on the racks without touching.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp and caramelized, flipping the slices and rotating the baking sheets from top to bottom halfway through, about 20 minutes total. Let the slices cool on the racks, turning once or twice so they don't stick.
SLOW-COOKER BACON BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix all ingredients.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 730 mg
BROWN SUGAR N' BACON GREEN BEANS
My husband wants desperately for me to patent and sell this recipe to a canner, but I want to share it with you! It is a huge hit at Thanksgiving and Christmas in place of the standard green bean casserole.
Provided by Dana Giadrosich Pryor
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Crumble bacon.
- Bring water to a boil in a skillet. Add brown sugar, vegetable seasoning, and bacon drippings to water; cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add green beans and bacon to brown sugar mixture; season with salt. Reduce heat and simmer until green beans reach desired tenderness, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 10.1 mg, Fat 4 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 289 mg, Sugar 8 g
More about "brown sugar and bacon beans recipes"
EASY BAKED BEANS WITH GROUND BEEF, BACON, AND BROWN SUGAR ...
4.1/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 534 per serving
- In a large saute pan, brown the ground beef and drain off the fat. Add the dark brown sugar, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt. Mix well. Pour off and discard some of the liquid but don’t drain all the liquid from the canned beans. You want to pour off just the little bit of liquid that’s settled on top of the beans. Then add the canned beans and gently mix. Over mixing will cause the beans to get too soft and/or mushy.
- Pour into a large casserole dish. Lay the bacon strips on top. MY BEST TIP: Cut the bacon first, with a pair of scissors, into approximately 1-inch squares. Then spread the chopped bacon on top of the beans. This method makes serving the beans a lot easier as you don't have to deal with the bacon flopping around! Also, it ensures everyone gets a bite of bacon.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for about 30 minutes. Then, turn on the broiler and broil the baked beans for about 5 minutes to get the bacon nice and crispy.
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - GRANDMA'S SIMPLE …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
10 BEST BACON WITH BROWN SUGAR ON BAKED BEANS RECIPES …
See details »
YUMMY BARBECUE BEANS WITH BACON AND BROWN SUGAR - GB'S KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 205 per serving
- Place parchment paper on a rimmed baking pan. Lay six slices of bacon on the sheet pan, not touching. Bake at 425 degrees about 15 minutes or until desired crispness. remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve all drippings and pour them into a cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet.
- Slice or chop one sweet onion and saute in drippings until transparent and soft. Continue cooking until onion begins to brown slightly.
- Put beans, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, barbecue seasoning, and liquid smoke in the skillet with onions and simmer for 5 minutes then crumble three slices of bacon into the bean mixture. Cut three remaining pieces of bacon in half and arrange in a spoke pattern on beans.
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON GREEN BEANS RECIPE - HOME …
Cuisine Side DishCategory AmericanServings 6-8
- Place the trimmed green beans in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and place lid on the pot. Cook green beans for 8-10 minutes. Drain and immediately cool the green beans with cool water.
- p id=”instruction-step-2″>2. In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside; when cooled, cut into small pieces. Discard all but approximately 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from the skillet.
- p id=”instruction-step-3″>3. Add the butter, brown sugar, and salt to the skillet with 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat until the butter and brown sugar has melted together. Reduce heat to low.
- id=”instruction-step-4″>4. Add the green beans to the butter and brown sugar glaze mixture and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle the top of the green beans with the bacon pieces and gently combine them together. Serve warm.
THE BEST BACON AND BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS - COOKS …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Partially cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet or in the oven. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease and set bacon aside, allow to cool. Use a chopping knife to chop bacon in bite sized pieces.
- In a dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons bacon grease over medium heat. Add onion and green bell pepper. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add pork and beans, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and Creole mustard to the dutch oven. Let mixture come to a simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
EASY BAKED BEANS WITH BACON AND BROWN SUGAR - THE …
Ratings 2Calories 346 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 325º and grease a large 2½ to 3 quart casserole dish with bacon fat, just rub some bacon pieces around the dish.
- Empty one can of pork and beans (excess liquid skimmed off) into bottom of casserole dish. Combine brown sugar and mustard in small bowl. Sprinkle half the brown sugar/mustard mixture over beans. Scatter chopped onions over beans and brown sugar mixture.
- Empty second can of pork and beans over top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Scatter bacon pieces evenly over top, followed by catsup.
- Bake in slow oven (325º) for 2½ hours. Stir to combine and let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
HOMEMADE BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 354 per serving
- Cook the bacon in a large, oven-proof pot over medium high heat. When the bacon is browned (about 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- Add the onions and the beans on top of the bacon in the pot. Whisk the molasses, mustard, and pepper together and pour over everything. Add the hot water (I actually didn’t measure my water – I just poured water from the kettle until I started to see it under the beans).
- Bake for 30 minutes, stir, and bake for another 20-30 minutes. Continue this process until the beans are sticky and thick and deep golden brown (for me, it was about 1 1/2 hours total time in oven). Add water to adjust consistency as needed. Remove from the oven and stir in the brown sugar and salt to taste.
BEST BAKED BEANS WITH BACON AND BROWN SUGAR - CARLSBAD ...
Reviews 14Servings 10-12Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. Add onions and cook until they begin to caramelize, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add all of the “Sauce” ingredients to a 9x13 pan. Whisk to combine. Add beans, bacon, onions/garlic and stir until evenly combined. Spread into an even layer and cover with foil.
BROWN SUGAR BACON GREEN BEANS - GRACE LIKE RAIN BLOG
5/5 (11)Total Time 11 minsCategory Side DishCalories 97 per serving
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder. Add crispy bacon that has been broken into bits and green beans that have been drained well. Stir to coat.
BROWN SUGAR AND BOURBON BAKED BEANS - EATS BY THE BEACH
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 12Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the bacon until it starts to brown. Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Pour in the four cans of pork and beans, bourbon, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, yellow mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 ½ – 2 hours, until the sauce, is thickened.
BAKED BEANS FROM SCRATCH | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 563 per serving
- Start by adding your beans to a container and filling with water until the beans are covered with an inch of water. Soak the beans for 12 hours or overnight.
- Rinse the beans and place into a large pot. Fill with water until completely immersed and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for one hour or until beans are tender. Drain the beans and rinse. Return the beans the pot.
- In a medium saucepan add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon. Add in the onion and green pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add the bacon and the onion and green pepper to the large pot. Add in the ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Mix and add more water if needed.
BACON AND BROWN SUGAR ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS RECIPE - THE ...
4.4/5 (156)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 197 per serving
- Trim off the ends of the green beans and then cut or snap the beans into 1 ½-2 inch pieces and place them in a large sauce pan.
BACON AND BROWN SUGAR GREEN BEANS - COCO AND ASH
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Bring a pot of water to boil and boil your green beans for 5-8 minutes. (5 if you like them very crisp)
- Remove the green beans from the boiling water and set aside to drain on a paper towel. (You don't want them to be too wet or it will splatter like crazy when you add it to the bacon mixture)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook your bacon pieces until they are slightly underdone then drain off the bacon grease.
- Bring the skillet with the bacon back to the heat and add your butter, brown sugar, and seasonings and stir until everything is melted together. (Just about 2 minutes)
BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS WITH BACON | CHEW OUT LOUD
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Combine all ingredients, except for bacon, in a serving dish of your choice. Stir to fully incorporate ingredients. Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly on top. Cover and place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until dish is hot. Serve warm.
EASY BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - TREASURED MOM
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 10Total Time 40 mins
- Add drained beans, reserved bacon, brown sugar, yellow mustard, dry mustard and ketchup to pan and cook until it starts to simmer.
QUICK BAKED BEANS WITH BACON - PLAIN CHICKEN
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins See details »
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - ANASTASIA RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.9/5 (108)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 4-6 See details »
GREEN BEANS WITH CANDIED BACON — RECIPE BY JANET TAYLOR ...
See details »
BROWN SUGAR BACON BAKED BEANS- BEST EVER!
See details »
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON GREEN BEANS | SIX SISTERS' STUFF ...
See details »
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - RECIPES-HOMEMADE
See details »
You'll also love