Butternut Squash Spoon Bread
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPOON BREAD
wonderful side dish for the holidays! from southern living.
Time: 60 minutes
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cook buttermilk in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat , stirring often , 4-6 minutes or until bubbles appear around edges
- remove from heat
- lightly beat egg yolks in a large bowl
- stir in squash and cheese
- combine cornmeal , and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl
- stir cornmeal mixture into squash mixture
- pour warm buttermilk voer squash mixture
- whisk until smooth
- let stand 5 minutes or until lukewarm
- brush a 2 1 / 2 to 3 qt baking dish or 12" cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoons mielted butter
- stir remaining butter into squash mixture
- beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form
- carefully fold into squash mixture
- pour mixture into prepared baking dish
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- butternut squash
- parmesan cheese
- white cornmeal
- baking powder
- fresh rosemary
- baking soda
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPOON BREAD
Put butternut squash mixture among custard cups sprinkled with walnuts - a wonderful side dish.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. Place squash in single layer in pan. Bake 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, or until tender. Cool 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Spray 8 (4-oz) custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray. Place cups on cookie sheet. In food processor, place squash, cheese, flour, butter, milk, sage, salt and egg yolks. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until well blended. Spoon squash mixture into large bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Divide evenly among custard cups.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve warm.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 packages (12 oz each) refrigerated chopped butternut squash (5 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPOON BREAD
I usually can't find frozen butternut squash, so just dice some up, cook it and puree it. For the best texture, serve immediately after baking.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Lynette !
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook buttermilk in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 6 minutes or until bubbles appear around the edges (do not boil); remove from heat. (Mixture may curdle).
- 2. Lightly beat egg yolks in a large bowl; stir in squash and cheese. Combine cornmeal and the next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir the cornmeal mixture into the squash mixture. Pour warm buttermilk over the squash mixture; whisk until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- 3. Brush a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish or 12-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon melted butter; stir remaining melted butter into the squash mixture.
- 4. Beat the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold into the squash mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 c buttermilk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 c thawed, frozen unseasoned, pureed butternut squash (may use cooked, fresh unseasoned, pureed)
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 c stone-ground white cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter, melted
AUTUMN SPICED BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD
This is a good way to use butternut squash. It has the aroma and flavors of a pumpkin bread. A great bread for Thanksgiving time.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by BOLTONLANE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and shortening together in a bowl until fluffy. Stir butternut squash, eggs, and water into sugar mixture.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in another bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Add nuts and raisins; stir until batter is just blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 ⅔ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 2 cups pureed cooked butternut squash
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup raisins
This recipe has been in my family for over 100 years. My great-grandmother first made it in her one-room log cabin over an open fire! This recipe is still a family favorite as a side dish with pork and fresh vegetables. Add 1/2 cup of sugar or honey to turn it into a wonderful, old-fashioned dessert.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
- Scald milk (do not boil); stir in the butter, cornmeal and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until cornmeal comes away from sides of pan and thickens. Set aside to cool until lukewarm. , Add beaten egg yolks; mix thoroughly. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites; mix gently but thoroughly. Pour into greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, separated
SAVORY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PARMESAN BREAD PUDDING
This hearty casserole from Cooking Light magazine is a light yet comforting autumn bread pudding.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Tara Parker-Pope
Yield 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper, nutmeg, eggs and egg whites in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in squash and onion mixture. Add bread, and stir gently to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until pudding is set and lightly browned.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups 1 percent low-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or other hard cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 8 ounces day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups)
More recipes about butternut squash spoon bread recipes
Butternut Squash Spoon Bread Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comSep 16, 2011 · Lightly beat egg yolks in a large bowl; stir in squash and cheese. Combine cornmeal and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir cornmeal mixture into squash mixture. Pour warm buttermilk over squash mixture; whisk until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes or until lukewarm. ...Show details
Butternut squash spoon bread recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comButternut squash spoon bread recipe. Learn how to cook great Butternut squash spoon bread . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Butternut squash spoon bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Butternut squash spoon bread recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. ...Show details
Winter Squash Spoon Bread Recipe - RecipeTips.com
Recipe From : recipetips.comPreheat oven to 400°F. COOK SQUASH: Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. In a lightly greased casserole dish, place squash flesh side down and bake at 400º F for 45 … ...Show details
Butternut Squash Spoon Bread – The Ephemeral Bee
Recipe From : ephemeralbee.comNov 28, 2016 · In fact, I adapted this recipe from a Sweet Potato Spoon Bread recipe. I also tailored the recipe to be gluten free. Butternut Squash Spoon Bread. Recipe makes one 2 quart baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and puree 1 Butternut Squash. Grease a shallow baking dish (roughly 9 x 13 inches in size). ...Show details
Healthy Wholesome Butternut Squash Bread (Ayurvedic)
Recipe From : svasthaayurveda.comDec 07, 2020 · **The butternut squash puree can be made the day before for a quicker cook time. Some stores may carry canned butternut squash puree, however, I recommend to go all out and go fresh! Materials. Baking sheet or glass baking dish (for roasting the butternut squash) Large knife (for cutting the squash) 9 x 5 inch bread pan; Small mixing bowl ...Show details
Butternut Squash Bread - Boston Girl Bakes
Recipe From : bostongirlbakes.comOct 15, 2020 · If pumpkin bread is delicious, butternut squash bread must be equally amazing! For this recipe I made my own squash puree so that it had as vibrant a flavor as possible, but you can also use canned. The fresh puree gets folded into an easy batter spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and a little bit of orange juice to pull everything ... ...Show details
Butternut Squash and Cheddar Bread Pudding Recipe | Bon
Recipe From : bonappetit.comSep 09, 2009 · Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt; bake until squash is tender, turning with … ...Show details
20 Easy Butternut Squash Recipes | Ahead of Thyme
Recipe From : aheadofthyme.comSep 27, 2020 · Butternut Squash "Pumpkin" Bread. Move over pumpkin, there is a new loaf in town. Butternut squash "pumpkin" bread is moist and flavourful, and brings the pumpkin spice season to your home. Make it extra festive and serve with a side of non-alcoholic eggnog. ...Show details
Butternut Squash Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThis is one of my favorite recipes for roasted vegetables - sweet potatoes and butternut squash taste great together. Use about the same amount for each. You will see, adding the goat cheese and the honey turns this simple dish into a gourmet experience. ...Show details
Butternut Squash Bread Recipe, Whats Cooking America
Recipe From : whatscookingamerica.netApr 19, 2015 · In a large bowl, combine butternut squash puree, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and water until well blended. Add the flour mixture and stir until just blended. … ...Show details
Butternut Squash Bread | Cook for Your Life
Recipe From : cookforyourlife.orgNov 16, 2017 · In bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment or electric mixer, mix eggs, sugar and vegetable oil until pale and creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold butternut squash, pistachios and raisins into batter. Pour batter into pan and bake for approximately 50 min, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. ...Show details
Homemade Butternut Squash Bread Recipe | Chisel & Fork
Recipe From : chiselandfork.comOct 05, 2019 · If you don't have butternut squash puree, cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Place flesh side up and add 2 tbsp unsalted butter on top of squash. Bake for 400°F for 50-60 minutes or until flesh is fork tender. Allow to cool slightly before placing in food processor and blending until pureed. ...Show details
Easy Grain Free Flatbread: A healthy bread alternative!
Recipe From : empoweredsustenance.comMay 10, 2013 · This Grain Free Flatbread may change your life I know, that's sounds like an extreme claim. But if you follow a restricted diet, then you know just how liberating it is to have a never-fail staple recipe in your culinary arsenal. This grain free flatbread, a healthy bread … ...Show details
Butternut squash bread recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comFor a delicious fall side dish, combine roasted butternut squash with Parmesan-garlic bread crumbs.... 45 Min serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup) ...Show details
Warming Spiced Savory Butternut Squash Bread | The Runaway
Recipe From : therunawayspoon.comOct 04, 2020 · Alternatively, very lightly coat 16 ounces of cubed, peeled butternut squash with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees just until soft, but not browning, about 20 … ...Show details
Butternut Squash Spread | The Runaway Spoon
Recipe From : therunawayspoon.comOct 25, 2020 · This will help the squash cook through and become soft. Set the squash halves in the prepared dish, then spoon over the seasoned oil mixture, leaving 2 teaspoons behind in the bowl. Spread the oil to cover the entire surface, including the cavity. Place the dish in the oven and bake the squash until it is soft and tender, about 2 hours. ...Show details
Recipe: Savory Butternut Squash-Cheddar Bread Pudding
Recipe From : culturesforhealth.comPlace squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt. Bake until squash is tender, turning occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Add half and half, wine, mustard, nutmeg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt. ...Show details
Chicken And Butternut Squash Ragout | Dinner Recipes
Recipe From : goodto.comMar 26, 2021 · The spiced tomato sauce of this chicken and butternut squash ragout is great with crusty bread dipped in. If you’re looking for an easy one-pot dinner, our chicken and butternut squash ragout is perfect. It’s simple to prepare and can be made ahead too … ...Show details
Butternut Squash Apple Bake - A Cedar Spoon
Recipe From : acedarspoon.comNov 20, 2019 · In a large bowl combine butternut squash, apples, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well. In a baking dish that has a lid pour the butternut squash mixture and spread evenly. Place chopped butter throughout the butternut squash … ...Show details
Butternut Squash Flatbread Pizza Recipe - No Spoon Necessary
Recipe From : nospoonnecessary.comOct 15, 2017 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Add the squash and garlic to the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with … ...Show details
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup | Little Spoon Farm
Recipe From : littlespoonfarm.comJan 01, 2021 · Blend and reheat: Remove the flesh of the butternut squash from the skin and the roasted garlic and transfer them, along with the vegetable stock to a stockpot.Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Cook the soup over low heat until heated through. Stir … ...Show details
PALEO BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAD - Cornucopia Natural Foods
Recipe From : cornucopiahealthfoods.comNov 13, 2018 · A quick bread is a great option for SO many occasions. An easy breakfast, a simple addition for a holiday party, or a snack to wind down with a cup of tea. We decided to give this a little bit of twist with a paleo butternut squash bread… ...Show details
Butternut Squash and Sage Stuffing | Spoon Fork Bacon
Recipe From : spoonforkbacon.comNov 02, 2018 · Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease (9”x13”) baking dish with ½ tablespoon butter. Spread pieces of baguette onto a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes or until pieces of bread have just … ...Show details