BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN DESSERT
Light and creamy, this butterscotch dessert never lasts long when I serve it. The fluffy cream cheese layer topped with cool butterscotch pudding is a lip-smacking combination. -Becky Harrison, Albion, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, 20 minutes. Cool., In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust. , In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, 15-20 minutes. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
This statuesque cake hides a sweet secret underneath its pecan sheath: brown-butter frosting and butterscotch-soaked layers spiked with rum, both of which make familiar flavors seem sophisticated.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Make the cakes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat three 8-by-2-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, line with parchment, and coat parchment. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla and rum. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 additions, alternating with buttermilk. Raise speed to medium-high, and beat for 2 minutes. Divide batter among pans.
- Bake cakes until golden brown and testers inserted in centers come out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks, and let cool slightly. Invert cakes onto racks. Let cool.
- Make the frosting: Melt 1 stick butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until dark golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar, cream, and salt, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to a mixer bowl, and let cool.
- With machine running, add remaining butter, a few pieces at a time, and beat on low until incorporated. Raise speed to medium, and beat for 2 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar on medium-high until fluffy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add brown-butter mixture to cream cheese, and beat until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours (or overnight, beating on low speed before using).
- Make the butterscotch sauce: Mix sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and whisk in cream. Return to heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To assemble the cake: Trim tops of 2 cake layers and top and bottom of third (this will be the middle) to create flat exposed surfaces. Brush 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butterscotch sauce on cut sides. Let cool. Spread 1 cup frosting on 1 layer, then place middle layer on top, sauce side down. Spread 1 cup frosting on middle layer, then place third layer on top, sauce side down. Spread 1 cup frosting on top and sides. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using an offset spatula, spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Press chopped pecans on sides, and garnish top with halves. Transfer cake to a serving plate or cake stand. Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours (or up to 2 days, covered).
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN PUDDING CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl.
- Lightly spoon 1-1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine with granulated sugar, 1/3 cup pecans, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, butter, and vanilla in a bowl; add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moist.
- Spread batter into an 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Pour boiling water over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 350' for 35 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.
- Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633.3, Fat 28.3, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 13, Sodium 347.3, Carbohydrate 92.5, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 69.3, Protein 5
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING CAKE
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 3 minutes until thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in butterscotch chips and carrot. Pour batter into prepared dish. Pour pudding over batter; spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Serve cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
BUTTERSCOTCH SPICE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine spice cake, butterscotch pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat with an electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done. Allow cake to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38.9 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 437.1 mg, Sugar 25 g
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add milk, margarine, and vanilla; stir to blend. Pour into ungreased 9- inch square pan.
- In small bowl, combine pudding mix and hot water; blend well. Pour slowly over batter in pan. Do Not Mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean.(The top surface of the cake will appear cracked.).
- Cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes.
- To serve: spoon warm cake, pudding side up into dessert dishes. If desired top with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.9, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 9.3, Sodium 226.4, Carbohydrate 23.7, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 12, Protein 2.1
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN BREAD PUDDING
Bread pudding fans just might hoard this yummy butterscotch version. Toppings like whipped cream and a butterscotch drizzle make this dessert absolutely irresistible. -Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place bread, pecans and butterscotch chips in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently to combine., Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 3-4 hours. Serve warm with whipped cream and butterscotch topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502 calories, Fat 30g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 154mg cholesterol, Sodium 384mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
BUTTERSCOTCH POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt ®).
- Mix pecans, butterscotch chips, and 2 tablespoons flour in a bowl until coated.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, butter, shortening, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Alternate mixing 1 egg and 1/2 cup of remaining flour at a time into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition to form a smooth batter. Fold in coated butterscotch chips and pecans to incorporate. Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.3 calories, Carbohydrate 64.1 g, Cholesterol 115.7 mg, Fat 32.7 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 161 mg, Sugar 44.9 g
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN COFFEE CAKE
You know anything made with butterscotch flavor and pecans is going to be good-and this scrumptious coffee cake drizzled with icing is no exception.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. butter onto bottom of 8-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with 3 Tbsp. each dry pudding mix and nuts.
- Remove crescent dough from cans. (Do not unroll dough.) Cut each roll of dough into 8 slices. Gently pull each slice apart slightly. Place 8 slices, cut sides up, over nuts in pan. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. butter; top with 3 Tbsp. dry pudding mix and 2 Tbsp. nuts. Repeat with remaining dough slices, butter, dry pudding mix and nuts.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese and milk in medium bowl until blended. Stir in sugar.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto plate; drizzle with icing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
TOASTED PECAN TORTE WITH BUTTERSCOTCH TOPPING
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 350°F. Butter and flour pan. Toast pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until slightly darkened in color and fragrant, 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Pulse baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 cups flour, and 2 1/2 cups pecans in a food processor until nuts are finely ground. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat granulated sugar, orange zest, and 1 cup butter in a large bowl, scraping down sides, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs to bowl. Beat until combined and mixture is even fluffier, about 1 minute. Beat in 3 Tbsp. rum; stop mixer and add dry ingredients. Mix on low speed just until combined, then fold a few times with a rubber spatula, scraping bottom and sides of bowl, to ensure batter is evenly mixed. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake torte until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let torte cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, bring brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and remaining 1 Tbsp. rum to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove butterscotch from heat and stir in remaining 3/4 tsp. salt. Mix in remaining 2 cups pecans and let sit at room temperature, stirring occasionally,until butterscotch is cool but still pourable.
- Spread topping over torte. Whisk remaining 1 cup cream in a large bowl to medium peaks. Serve torte topped with dollops of whipped cream.
- Do Ahead
- Topping (without pecans) can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill. Reheat over low before mixing in the nuts. Torte can be baked 1 day ahead; store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
More about "butterscotch pecan pudding cake recipes"
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BUTTERSCOTCH PRALINES - AIMEE BROUSSARD & CO.
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN CAKE RECIPE - DELISH.COM
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BUTTERSCOTCH COFFEE CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR PECAN STREUSEL
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING CAKE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
RECIPE: BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING CAKE | DUNCAN HINES CANADA®
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN PUDDING CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BUTTERSCOTCH COFFEE CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN PIE - DESSERTS & DRINKS
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN CAKE | KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
10 BEST BUTTERSCOTCH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
SELF SAUCING BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING - RECIPETIN EATS
BUTTERSCOTCH PIE WITH PECAN CRUST #SPRINGSWEETWEEKS
UPSIDE-DOWN PECAN AND BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL CAKE | RICARDO
BUTTERSCOTCH COFFEE CAKE - THE RECIPE LIFE
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN CAKE RECIPE - CAKECOACHONLINE
SOUTHERN BUTTER PECAN CAKE - THE BEST SO MOIST!
EASY BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE - WITH BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING
COFFEE CAKE WITH BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
SO EASY BUTTERSCOTCH SHEET CAKE - SIX CLEVER SISTERS
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN BREAD PUDDING | DIXIE CRYSTALS
BEST BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN MUG CAKE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
PECAN BUTTERSCOTCH MUG CAKE (VEGAN) - BEST MUG CAKES
BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL PECAN CAKE RECIPE - SOAP QUEEN
TEXAS PECAN BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE | TEXAS CO-OP POWER | AN ONLINE …
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN BREAD PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BUTTERSCOTCH-PECAN BREAD PUDDING | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN BREAD PUDDING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING CAKE - BASILMOMMA
PUDDING BUTTERSCOTCH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HOMEMADE BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN BREAD PUDDING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #desserts #fruit #cakes #puddings-and-mousses #nuts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are butterscotch pecan cookies?Butterscotch pecan cookies have a rich buttery flavor. No one will guess they started from convenient cake and pudding mixes. — Betty Janway, Ruston, Louisiana Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
How do you make a cake with pudding mix and water?In small bowl, combine pudding mix and hot water; blend well. Pour slowly over batter in pan. Do Not Mix. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean. (The top surface of the cake will appear cracked.).
How to make a pudding pudding?Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add milk, margarine, and vanilla; stir to blend. Pour into ungreased 9- inch square pan. In small bowl, combine pudding mix and hot water; blend well. Pour slowly over batter in pan.
How long to bake a pudding cake in the oven?In small bowl, combine pudding mix and hot water; blend well. Pour slowly over batter in pan. Do Not Mix. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean.