HONEY BBQ SAUCE
- Stir ketchup, honey, vinegar, and molasses together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth; add liquid smoke, salt, black pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir the seasonings into the ketchup mixture, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 242.6 mg, Sugar 15 g
HONEY BBQ CHICKEN
I grill everything-veggies, oxtail, tofu. This chicken is our favorite. I keep a ready supply of sauce and rub, so prep couldn't be easier. -Jerry Rosiek, Eugene, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat chicken dry. Combine rub ingredients. Rub over chicken pieces; refrigerate, covered, in a shallow dish 2 hours., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sauce ingredients, adding cayenne if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, to allow flavors to blend, 8-10 minutes., On an oiled grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat, turning frequently, until a thermometer reads 165°, 35-45 minutes., Reduce heat to medium-low. Brush chicken with sauce, reserving 1/2 cup. Cook, covered, until chicken pieces register 170°-175°, 4-6 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 20g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 114mg cholesterol, Sodium 1542mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein.
HONEY GARLIC BBQ SAUCE II
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, mix together ketchup, garlic, 1 cup of water, hot sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, Cajun seasoning, paprika, red pepper, white pepper and black pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of water. Adjust amount of water as needed to fully dissolve cornstarch. Stir into the sauce mixture. Continue simmering approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir butter into the sauce mixture. Continue simmering mixture approximately 15 more minutes, or until butter is melted and the sauce has begun to thicken. Serve over meats prepared as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 384.4 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
It is sweet and smoky with a little bite. I used the sauce for beef ribs. Whow! The ribs were out of this world. I braised the meat and then let it cook in a crock pot in the sauce for some hours - the ribs were fall-apart tender and oh, so delicious!
Provided by CHEF GRPA
Yield 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar, molasses, liquid smoke and butter. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, celery seed, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 2. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for up to 20 minutes. For thicker sauce, simmer longer, and for thinner, less time is needed. Sauce can also be thinned using a bit of water if necessary. Brush sauce onto any kind of meat during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- My Note: It's thick, sweet and spicy and beautiful in color! To try it out.first I cut the servings to 12. I followed the scaled measurements except only used a pinch of cayenne and chili powder. Concern was it may be too spicy for kids. I did not have celery seed, so I had to leave it out. If you like a sweet and spicy sauce you must try this recipe. I will use this on chicken, pulled pork and ribs. UPDATE: I've made this again using the celery seed and think I like the taste without it. Also for a nice thick sauce it is necessary to simmer on low for at least 20 minutes. And advice to anyone wanting to make it, don't leave out the liquid smoke! I didn't have any, so I was just going to leave it out, but then my son offered to buy me some and when we added it it was SO much better and really added to the flavor. Only suggestions are that oil can be substituted for the butter or left out alltogether, the molasses can be reduced and it's still sweet, and the chili powder, cayenne, and pepper should probably be doubled. Red pepper is also wonderful for the flavor.
- I am helping in catering a wedding reception the end of this month and needed a sauce I could call my own, so my kitchen was tore up from the floor up! I measured the spices and saved them for later, then I mixed up the liquids over a slow flame, I did not have any red wine vinegar, but I did have some marsala I mixed 1/4c. and the balance I used of white vinegar, I did not add the butter, I figured the fat from the meat would be enough and I wanted it to have some table time. The sauce tasted good but it had no depth, I only used 3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, and let it simmer for a while. Once I added the spices it was the bomb! This is the best sauce I have ever tasted. The spices are fantastic! Whoever thought cinnamon would work in a bbq sauce? I told my husband, we have to go get a piece of meat to go with the sauce. Thanks for sharing, this is great! I also simmered it for about 1 1/2 hours to thicken, Uuummm finger licken good! I will serve it with pulled pork and baked chicken, I am sure you could serve this with fingernails, and toe-jams.
- I made just as is (but halved the recipe= 1 1/2 C) and I simmered it for about 50 minutes. The next day it was nice and thick. The liquid smoke is a great flavor in this (a must!), and mellows out by the next day. I also used a pinch of cayenne, so the kids could eat it. I used this on some pulled pork, next it'll go on grilled chicken. Next time I'll make the full batch to keep on hand.
HOMEMADE HONEY BBQ DIPPING SAUCE
- Mix together the ketchup, vinegar, honey and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE
This honey BBQ sauce recipe is one that my whole family enjoys, especially my father. It's a quick and easy recipe that can be made ahead and refrigerated or used immediately. -Karene Donnay, Glencoe, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until thickened slightly, 3-5 minutes. Cool. Serve with chicken or pork. , Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 124mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "captain chris honey n hickr y bar b q sauce recipes"
HONEY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - HEY GRILL, HEY
10 BEST BAR B QUE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAPTAIN CHRIS' HONEY-N-HICKR'Y BAR-B-Q SAUCE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category < 60 MinsAuthor Outta HereCalories 112 per serving
HONEY BAR-B-Q SAUCE - BIG RICK'S
BIG RICK'S HONEY BAR-B-Q SAUCE - ATBBQ
A BARBECUE SAUCE THAT TRANSFORMS CHICKEN - THE NEW YORK TIMES
KFC HONEY BBQ WINGS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE | TOP SECRET RECIPES
HONEY BAR-B-Q SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CAM'S SWEET AND SPICY SPECIAL BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOMEMADE HONEY GARLIC BARBECUE SAUCE - THE BUSY BAKER
CAPTAIN CHRIS' HONEY-N-HICKR'Y BAR-B-Q SAUCE | RECIPES ...
CAPTAIN CHRIS HONEY N HICKR Y BAR B Q SAUCE RECIPES
HOMEMADE HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE | DIETHOOD
ALL RECIPES FOR YOU: CAPTAIN CHRIS' HONEY-N-HICKR'Y BAR-B ...
CAPTAIN CHRIS HONEY N HICKRY BAR B Q SAUCE RECIPES
CAPTAIN CHRIS' HONEY-N-HICKR'Y BAR-B-Q SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD ...
HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Make Honey BBQ sauce?Combine all ingredients for Honey BBQ Sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool. Store in an airtight glass container for up to 2 weeks.
What is happyhoney barbecue sauce?Honey barbecue sauce is a delightfully sweet sauce that is great on chicken, burgers, and so much more. It isn’t spicy or sour, so it’s the perfect sauce for your most discerning young person. Not only is this sauce a favorite of every member of the family, it’s easy to make and can be made in advance making dinner prep easy.
What is in Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites?These Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites are loaded with tons of sauce, crispy and super easy to make. The Chicken is baked instead of fried and is coated in a 3 step breading process to make sure it is extra crispy. For my breading I used crushed cornflakes seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder for an extra kick.
How long does homemade Honey garlic barbecue sauce last?This Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce keeps in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks in an airtight container. Tried this recipe? Mention @busybakerblog or tag #busybaker!