EDAMAME CORN CARROT SALAD
I came up with this easy salad while brainstorming light, protein-filled recipes. My vegetarian and vegan friends are especially big fans. -Maiah Miller, Monterey, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place edamame in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl; cool slightly., Add carrots, corn, green onions and cilantro. Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients; toss with salad. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 135mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PAN-ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
You can take a corn and tomato salad in a number of directions, but at the end of the day it shouldn't be much more than a dish you can make perfectly only in mid- to late summer, and one that showcases its primary ingredients. My version here marries corn and tomatoes with chile, avocado, cilantro and lime. It is just plain good. At the end, you've got meaty smokiness from bacon; that incredible sweetness of corn; the fruity acidity of tomato; the tender, smooth fattiness of avocado, and the sharpness of chile. It's a summer winner, one that you shouldn't even try after the first frost.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, one pot, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to render fat; add onion and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes, then add corn. Continue cooking, stirring or shaking pan occasionally, until corn begins to brown a bit, about 5 more minutes; remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Drain fat if you wish.
- Put lime juice in a large bowl and add bacon-corn mixture; then toss with remaining ingredients. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 311, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 692 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
EASY FRESH CORN & TOMATO SALAD
With just 4 ingredients and a quick vinaigrette, this simple fresh corn and tomato salad recipe will be your go-to summer side dish. I love it served chilled with grilled chicken or shrimp and sourdough bread. Recipe adapted from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.
Provided by Emilie Raffa
Categories Vegetable Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Fill a shallow pan such as a 9×13- inch brownie pan (or something similar), halfway with cold water and a few handfuls of ice. This is your ice bath for the corn.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes. You are not cooking it all the way through; just blanching it to remove some of the natural starch. With tongs, transfer the corn into the ice bath to stop the cooking and to keep the color bright yellow. Once cool, remove to a cutting board and pat dry.
- Using a large knife, slice off one side of the corn while it's still on the board. Use the tip of the knife for guidance. Roll the cob over (flat side should be facing down now) and slice off the next side. Keep going until you've cut all all sides.
- Add the corn to a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, vinegar, and olive oil. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste again for seasonings (add more salt if necessary!) and serve cold or at room temperature.
FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- Whisk together the vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt and some pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl (you should have about 4 cups). Toss in the tomatoes, mozzarella and scallions. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours. Before serving, tear the basil over the salad and stir.
GREEN BEANS, CORN AND CARROT SALAD
This is a sturdy, appealing picnic recipe made from haricots verts, corn and carrots. Haricots verts, by the way, are skinny green beans, but you can use regular ones instead. Like the sandwich, this salad gets even better the longer it sits, and is relatively indestructible. With all the contrasting colors, it's pretty, too.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories salads and dressings
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, vinegar, garlic and mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk in oil until incorporated. Whisk in chives and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in haricots verts and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together haricots verts, corn and carrot. Toss in dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 335, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 166 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MARINATED CARROT SALAD
This is a nice change from the ordinary vegetable salads to accompany a turkey or ham dinner. The dressing on this salad makes a delicious marinade for broiled or grilled meats.
Provided by TIA_DAWN
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add carrots and simmer until tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add carrots, celery, onion and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow carrots to marinate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 303.9 mg, Sugar 15 g
CORN SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES
The lightly dressed salad and the colorful presentation in the tomato shell make this a great summer side dish that is sure to bring on the raves. The basil flavor is compatible with all the ingredients and the salad is especially tasty with a barbecue entrée.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Seed and chop enough of the pulp to equal 1 cup (discard any remaining pulp or save for another use). Place chopped tomato and tomato cups, inverted, on paper towels to drain., In a large saucepan, cook corn in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place corn in ice water; drain. Cut corn off cob., In a small bowl, combine the corn, chopped tomato, onion and basil. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spoon into tomato cups.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 127mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
TOMATO, CUCUMBER AND CORN SALAD
You can serve this refreshing mixture as a salad, as a topping for whole grains or as a salsa with grilled fish or chicken.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Let sit in or out of the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving, then toss again.
ARUGULA, FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- In a large bowl, mix the Champagne vinegar with the minced shallots and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Let the shallots stand in the vinegar for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, using a sharp, thin knife and working over another bowl, cut the kernels from the ears of white corn.
- Whisk the olive oil into the Champagne vinegar and shallots until blended. Add the arugula and toss with the dressing.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the corn kernels and toss gently. Transfer the salad to a large platter, scatter the nasturtiums on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.2, Fat 29.3, SaturatedFat 4.1, Sodium 44, Carbohydrate 37.6, Fiber 7, Sugar 11.1, Protein 7.6
LATE-SUMMER TOMATO & CARROT SALAD
This vibrant vegetarian side dish is dressed with chilli, spring onion and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkled with crunchy pumpkin seeds
Provided by Angela Boggiano
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop the large tomatoes, halve the cherry ones and tip into a large serving bowl. Add the carrots, spring onions, chilli and pumpkin seeds, and toss together.
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic, a pinch of salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and toss together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
More about "carrot corn tomato salad recipes"
GARDEN-FRESH CORN SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
533 EASY AND TASTY CORN AND CARROT SALAD RECIPES BY HOME …
10 BEST CARROTS PEAS CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10+ RECIPES WITH CORN & TOMATOES | EATINGWELL
Author Alex Loh
10 BEST CUCUMBER TOMATO CARROT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARROT SALAD RECIPES
10 BEST TOMATO LETTUCE AND CARROT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARROT COIN SALAD - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
8 IMMUNE-BOOSTING SOUP RECIPES | EVERYDAY HEALTH
INDIAN SALAD RECIPES - INDIAN VEGGIE DELIGHT
10 BEST CORN CARROT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - MIA KOUPPA
CARROT CORN TOMATO SALAD RECIPE FOR KIDS, QUICK & EASY
You'll also love