LENTIL CAKES (PATTIES)
These wonderful patties have undergone several transformations since I first tried them. I have used different soup mixes to season them, and added chopped nuts for texture. They are tasty with a tomato sauce topping or baked in a mushroom sauce for a fancy dinner. I like them best fixed up like a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayo, ketchup and alfalfa sprouts on a bun or good home-made bread!
Provided by SUSANNE C. SWISHER
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place lentils and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked lentils, milk, wheat and barley cereal, eggs and walnuts. Season with onion soup mix and poultry seasoning. Mix well using your hands, as the mixture will be very thick. Let stand for 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Use an ice cream scoop to portion out balls of the lentil mixture. Drop the scoops into bread crumbs, and coat while flattening into patties. Fry burgers in the hot skillet until nicely browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the patties.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.4 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Cholesterol 47.3 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 7.4 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 682.8 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 110.8 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 281.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
NUT BURGERS (VEGETARIAN)
These no nonsense nut burgers are great. I have yet to find a recipe or a restaurant that makes as good of a version. Serve with chips... tortilla, blue corn, sweet potato, or other veggie chips. Use whichever types of nuts you like, or have handy such as pecans, walnut, hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or any combination of nuts you might like.
Provided by jade_
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place walnuts and sunflower seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash garbanzo beans with a fork, or chop in a food processor. Stir in the onion, egg, parsley, and toasted nuts. Season with pepper and seasoning blend, and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Divide the bean mixture into 2 patties, and fry in the hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side, or until well browned and heated through. Place a slice of cheese over each patty, and remove from heat.
- Place the pita round in the same dry skillet the nuts were in, and heat for about 1 minute on each side. Cut the round in half, spread ranch dressing inside of each, and line the pockets with romaine leaves. Place a cheesy patty into each one, and top with sliced tomato and avocado. Serve with tortilla or potato chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 939.3 calories, Carbohydrate 58.6 g, Cholesterol 130.9 mg, Fat 69.8 g, Fiber 12.7 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.1 g, Sodium 1027.8 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
CHEESY NUT CUTLETS
This vegetarian entree is always on the table at our family celebrations because it is such a decadent treat. It is rare to find a vegetarian dish with this much "comfort quality".
Provided by saltysally
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In food processor, mix walnuts, onion and crackers. Pulse until coarsely crumbed. Pour into large bowl.
- Now in processor mix eggs and creamed cheese until smooth.
- Mix egg mixture into walnut mixture in bowl. Add cheddar and oregano, blend well. If mixture is too loose, add more cracker crumbs.
- Heat 2 T vegetable oil in nonstick skillet on medium. Drop mixture into patties in hot nonstick skillet. Drain on paper towels after browned and firm. (Watch closely, they can burn easily).
- Mix sauce ingredients together with a whisk. Spray 9" X 13" casserole dish with oil spray. Layer patties in a single layer in bottom of dish. Pour 3/4 sauce over patties. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, pour rest of sauce on, and bake 10 minutes more. Serve with green salad on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597.3, Fat 49.6, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 215.6, Sodium 504.4, Carbohydrate 19.8, Fiber 3, Sugar 5.5, Protein 21.9
CHICKEN AND CHEESE PATTIES
I got this recipe off a package of Bordens shredded cheddar cheese and thought I'd give them a try. They're really good and make a quick lunch or dinner.
Provided by Boca Pat
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine chicken, cheese, egg, mayo cayenne, salt& pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties; coat both sides with bread crumbs.
- Cook patties in oil in skillet until brown.
- Serve on buns with additional cheese and tomato slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.1, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 117.7, Sodium 292.3, Carbohydrate 8.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.2, Protein 20.2
VEGETARIAN COTTAGE CHEESE PATTIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat eggs into a large bowl. Stir in cottage cheese, rolled oats, wheat germ, dry onion soup mix, and dried thyme. Form into 8 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place patties in oil, and brown on both sides. Remove patties to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour condensed soup into a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 can of water (or milk) to dilute, then pour over patties.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the soup is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 76.1 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 736.7 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
POTATO AND CHEESE PATTIES
- In a large saucepan combine 2 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon coarse salt, and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, and boil until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash the potatoes; then, add the scallions, cheese, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Divide the puree into 12 balls -- about 3 tablespoons for each ball. Flatten the balls to form patties 3 inches wide by 1/2 inch thick. Allow the patties to cool 20 minutes, until firm. Unless the patties are firm enough, they will stick to the skillet.
- Brush large nonstick skillet with achiote-infused oil, and place over medium-low heat. Place patties on skillet without crowding them. Lightly brush each patty with achiote oil. Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side to form a crust. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 188, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 498 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
VEGETARIAN COTTAGE CHEESE PATTIES
I got this recipe from a church cookbook that was compiled by the ladies of the church using their favorite family recipes. I make it often and my family loves it. It is a break from the usual vegetarian loaf recipes and easier to take to potlucks etc. You can take the sauce with you in a tupperware container and add it just before you put it in the oven. I recently tried this a different way with the sauce and it was delicious. I sliced about 5 very large white button mushrooms, finely diced half a large onion and then sautéed them together until cooked down and soft. Then, I drained them on paper towels. After that, I folded them into the soup/sour cream/ milk mixture. Then, poured it all over the top of the fried patties. Baked for 30 minutes. So good. We liked them this way so much better than the regular way.
Provided by OceanLuvinGranny
Yield 8-10 patties, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onions finely and grind nuts in blender or food processor.
- Beat eggs into a large bowl.then stir in cottage cheese, oats, wheat germ, dry onion soup mix, italian seasoning, nuts and onions.
- Form into patties and fry in heated skillet in oil until brown on both sides.
- Place patties in 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix soup, sour cream and 1/2 soup can of water or milk then pour over patties.
- Bake until hot and bubbly about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
CHERYL'S VEGGIE-NUT PATTIES
Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly veggie burger patties with a nutty taste. I came up with this recipe when I had a hard time finding any recipes for veggie burgers or patties that were grain-free and bean-free, and which actually contained vegetables. Both my husband and I love it. He had his on a burger bun with lettuce, avocado, and tomato.
Provided by CS22
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add butternut squash cubes, cover, and steam until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer squash to a bowl and mash; measure 1/2 cup mashed squash and reserve.
- Place the steamer insert back into the saucepan and refill with water to reach just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Process walnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds together in a blender or food processor until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add broccoli and cauliflower, blend until finely chopped and incorporated.
- Blend 1/2 cup mashed squash, salt, cumin, and black pepper into the nuts mixture until well-mixed. If mixture is too thick to process, transfer it to a bowl and mix by hand.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot oil until browned and heated through, about 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 300.6 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
This is a delicious patty that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or snack. I got this from a friend of mine and it's so delicious and easy to make that I make it very often.
Provided by ALTERBITTMAN
Yield 16-18 patties
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients together. If the mixture is too loose, add more flour.
- Drop by tablespoon into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and it's ready to serve. you can serve it with sour cream or jam. I prefer it eaten as is.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.1, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 42.6, Sodium 18.1, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.9, Protein 6.7
More about "cheese nut patties recipes"
VEGETARIAN PATTIES WITH MARINARA SAUCE - KETO RECIPE
CHEESY PATTIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CHEESY PATTIES RECIPE - THE …
20 NUT MILK AND CHEESE RECIPES | HMR
- Almond Milk. When it comes to buying nut milks, one thing to keep in mind is that they’re definitely not cheap. That’s why making them at home is your best (and tastiest) option.
- Black Pepper & Chive Almond Cheese. This recipe is one even die hard lactovores will love. This recipe is made with almonds and held together with agar agar.
- “Vitamin E Skin Booster” Blueberry Almond Milk. This easy-to-make milk is delicious and packed with healthy fats and antioxidants that will revitalize your body and make your skin glow.
- Raw Cultured Cashew Cheese | This cheese recipe will kinda sorta really blow your mind. The texture is like that of cream cheese, but without the unhealthy fats and weird filler ingredients.
- Brazil Nut Milk | Brazil nuts have the highest fat content of all nuts making them the best ingredient for creating non-dairy milks and cheeses that are creamy and melt-in-your-mouth.
- Herbed Cashew Cheese. Like all the recipes in this list, this nut cheese is easy to make and delicious to eat. This cheese is perfect for spreading onto your favorite salty crackers.
- Strawberry Brazil Nut Milk. Hello, gorgeous! We love this brazil nut-strawberry milk recipe. For those who love Nestle’s strawberry milk powder (don’t judge us!)
- Raw Vegan Brazil Nut Cheese. Sometimes, after prolonged Yoga Teacher Training India, we find that we favor foods that are as close to nature as possible (yeah, we can get pretty hippy dippy).
- Basic Almond Cheese. This almond cheese recipe is the perfect item to bring to any potluck or get-together as its flavor is mild enough to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Cashew Milk. Cashews make a delicious, creamy and rich milk that can be made in just a couple of minutes with your blender or food processor. This nut milk imparts a very light, nutty flavor that is perfect for that everyday, morning glass.
CHEESE AND NUT PATTIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 8Saturated fatty acids 16.57 gCholesterol 89.16 mgTotal Time 20 mins
ADVENTIST VEGETARIAN OATMEAL PATTIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES SPINACH AND NUT PATTIES [EGG-FREE] [SPORT] | SOSCUISINE
EASIEST QUINOA AND CHEESE PATTIES - YUMSOME
VEGETARIAN 4-CHEESE PATTIES | METRO
ZUCCHINI PATTIES WITH FETA CHEESE - 13 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
POTATO PATTIES WITH CHEESE RECIPE (EASIER THAN YOU THINK)
WALNUT CHEESE PATTIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 BEST COTTAGE CHEESE PATTIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
COTTAGE CHEESE AND WALNUT PATTIES - BIGOVEN
RECIPE: CHEESE PATTIES - ZEE NEWS
PECAN PATTIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MILLET VEGETARIAN PATTIES RECIPE WITH FARMERS CHEESE | THE FOOD NUT
CREAM CHEESE PATTIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPES - NUTS FOR CHEESE - CASHEW CHEESE, DAIRY FREE CHEESE, …
HEALTHY LEMON PEPPERMINT PATTIES RECIPE WITH A PROTEIN CREAM …
10 BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE PATTIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED GOAT CHEESE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
PECAN AND OATMEAL PATTIES/BURGERS - VEGWEB.COM
CHEESE NUT PATTIES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BAKED BROCCOLI PATTIES - KETO & LOW CARB VEGETARIAN RECIPES
BLUE CHEESE BURGER PATTIES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SEAFOOD PATTIES | SO DELICIOUS
CRISPY BEET PATTIES WITH FETA CHEESE - SARA BäCKMO
OATMEAL-NUT PATTIES : CRESCENT CITY SDA CHURCH CRESCENT CITY CA
COTTAGE CHEESE PATTIES I - STUFFED AT THE GILL'S
CHEESE AND TOMATO BEEF PATTIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
10 BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE PATTIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
PECAN PATTIES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
NUT PATTIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love