SIMPLE AU GRATIN POTATOES
These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. -Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion., Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If desired, top with additional pepper.
THREE-CHEESE POTATO GRATIN
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir 1 minute. Add the cream, broth, rosemary, salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix all the grated cheeses together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the yams and potatoes together in a medium bowl.
- Arrange one-third of the potato mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers twice more ending with a layer of the cheese mixture. Pour the cream mixture over the layers and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake the gratin until the potatoes are almost tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the potatoes are tender and golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let the gratin rest, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, if using, and serve.
CHEDDAR POTATO GRATIN
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in butter 1 minute. Stir in flour with whisk until smooth. Gradually add half-and-half and cream. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thick. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Slice potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- In large bowl, toss potatoes with cream sauce. Layer half of the potatoes in baking dish; top with green onions. Sprinkle with half each of the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers, using up potatoes and cheese.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining potatoes.
CREAMY AU GRATIN POTATOES
This is my husband's favorite dish, and he considers it a special occasion every time I make it. The creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in this classic French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience. It's a great side dish with a roast pork loin or beef tenderloin. Add a green salad and French bread, and you have found the magic path to a man's heart. To avoid lumps in your sauce, add the milk just a little at a time as you stir the flour and butter. Experiment with different cheeses for variety.
Provided by CathyM
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a medium casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
POTATO GRATIN WITH GOAT CHEESE AND GARLIC
Categories Milk/Cream Cheese Dairy Garlic Potato Side Christmas Easter Thanksgiving Mother's Day Casserole/Gratin Goat Cheese Root Vegetable Fall Winter Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk first 7 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly and covering completely. Pour 1/3 of cream mixture over. Repeat layering potatoes and cream mixture 2 more times. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown in spots, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve hot.
POTATO GRATIN WITH WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk cream, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Place half of potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with second layer of potatoes. Pour cream mixture over potatoes in dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover gratin with foil and bake 1 hour. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes longer. Let gratin cool 10 minutes before serving.
More about "cheese potato gratin recipes"
POTATO, CHEESE AND ONION GRATIN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
2009-02-28 · Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan160°C/gas 4. In a bowl, mix cheese with crème fraîche and chives. In a buttered 1-1.2-litre baking dish, layer the potatoes with …
- In a buttered 1-1.2-litre baking dish, layer the potatoes with chopped spring onions and the cheese mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
POTATOES AU GRATIN (DAUPHINOISE) | RECIPETIN EATS
2020-12-20 · Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely sliced potatoes, cream, butter and cheese …
- Layer 1: Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a baking dish (Note 3), then pour over 1/3 of the Cream Mixture, scatter with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups cheese.
3 CHEESE POTATOES AU GRATIN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2019-11-11 · Layer the potatoes with the grated cheese, garlic and thyme and season every layer with salt, pepper and thyme. Cheese – Combine grated Gruyere, Raclette (or any other good melting cheese like Fontina, Mozzarella or Rebochlon-style cheese) and finely grated Parmesan cheese. Use 2/3 of the cheese …
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and thyme. Add a few tablespoons of cheese. Repeat until all the potatoes and cheese have been used.
POTATO GRATIN WITH CHEESE AND BACON RECIPE
Bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a knife, about 1 1/4 hours. Remove the baking dish from the oven, dot the surface with the remaining cheese and return to the oven and cook until bubbling and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven …
SUPER EASY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
In a large saucepan, place the potatoes, milk, cream, 1 of the crushed garlic cloves, salt to taste, a dash of pepper, and a dash of nutmeg or mace. Bring to a very gentle boil …
STUNNING TWO POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - POTATO SIDE DISHES ...
2020-11-09 · Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel potatoes, and, using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut into very thin slices. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, …
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel potatoes, and, using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut into very thin slices. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, cheese, and onion, until everything is evenly mixed. Be careful not to break the thin potato slices.
- Working with a small handful of potatoes at a time, gently line up coated slices in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 2-quart baking dish. Pour milk and broth over potatoes. Cover pan with foil and seal around edges.
- Bake 50 minutes and remove foil. Continue to bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden, 15 to 20 minutes more. You can test the potatoes with a knife to see if they are tender throughout. Cool slightly and serve hot.
CHEESY GARLIC POTATO GRATIN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
2011-06-14 · Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Layer half of the sliced potatoes and half of the green onion in prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Layer half of the sliced potatoes and half of the green onion in prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Pour whipping cream over top.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
CHEESY POTATOES GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2020-12-20 · 3. Scrub 3 lb. russet potatoes (about 6 medium), then peel. Using a sharp chef’s knife (or a mandoline if you have one), slice potatoes crosswise into ¼"-thick rounds, transferring to a large ...
- Butter one side of a large (12x12") square of foil with room-temperature unsalted butter. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with another sheet of foil. Place a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 400°.
- Grate 3 oz. sharp white cheddar (not aged) and 3 oz. Gruyère on the large holes of a box grater (you should have 1 cup packed of each). Place in a medium bowl, gently toss to combine, and set aside.
- Scrub 3 lb. russet potatoes (about 6 medium), then peel. Using a sharp chef’s knife (or a mandoline if you have one), slice potatoes crosswise into ¼"-thick rounds, transferring to a large bowl as you go. Very thinly slice ½ large yellow onion crosswise into half-moons, then add to bowl with potatoes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Diamond Crystal or 1¾ tsp. Morton kosher salt and ½ tsp. cayenne pepper and season with freshly ground black pepper; toss to combine and coat potatoes and onions with seasonings.
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2012-02-23 · Combine three cheeses in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour over and toss to coat. Arrange half of potatoes, overlapping, over bottom of baking dish. Season with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Combine three cheeses in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour over and toss to coat. Arrange half of potatoes, overlapping, over bottom of baking dish. Season with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Dot with half of butter. Sprinkle half of cheese mixture on top. Cover with remaining potatoes and dot with remaining butter. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bring milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over potatoes. Cover dish with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. (Don't worry if mixture looks curdled at this point.) Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese mixture on top and bake, uncovered, until potatoes are very tender and top is golden brown and bubbling, about 45 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
GOAT CHEESE POTATO GRATIN - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
2008-02-24 · Instructions. Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Arrange potato slices in a 8×15 baking pan or in small gratin dishes, arrange the slices in a way that small spaces are left (to allow the sauce to distribute evenly). Combine the milk, 1 cup of goat cheese…
- Arrange potato slices in a 8×15 baking pan or in small gratin dishes, arrange the slices in a way that small spaces are left (to allow the sauce to distribute evenly).
- Combine the milk, 1 cup of goat cheese, whole garlic cloves, egg, and salt in a blender and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the heavy cream to the blended mix and stir lightly, don’t blend the cream or the sauce will become too thick, which keeps the sauce from seeping between the potatoes.
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN FOR TWO - BAKING MISCHIEF
2017-05-07 · Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly grease your casserole dish. Layer half of the potatoes in the dish and top with the onions. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper, all of the flour, …
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly grease your casserole dish. Layer half of the potatoes in the dish and top with the onions. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper, all of the flour, and half of the butter and cheese.
- Add remaining potatoes and top with remaining salt, pepper, butter, and cheese. Pour milk and cream over the top.
- Place a sheet of foil or baking sheet on the bottom rack to catch any milk or cheese that bubbles over. Bake gratin on the center rack for 40 to 60 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
PERFECT POTATO GRATIN WITH FETA CHEESE - MY GREEK DISH
2013-12-14 · Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Add the potatoes in the béchamel sauce and the spring onions and stir well. Spoon half of the potatoes mixture into the potato gratin dish in an even layer. …
- To prepare these amazing potato gratin recipe, finely chop the onion and garlic. Into a hot pan, add 2 tbsps of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic, until tender. Add the honey and oregano and stir. Set aside.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt 2 tbsps of butter into a deep pan, over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to make a paste. Add the vegetable stock, whilst whisking and then pour in the cream, a little bit at a time, whilst whisking, to form a smooth cream. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Add the potatoes in the béchamel sauce and the spring onions and stir well. Spoon half of the potatoes mixture into the potato gratin dish in an even layer. Add the crumbled feta cheese and half of the onion mixture. Spoon the rest of the potatoes into the dish and even. Top with the rest of the onion mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove the foil the last 30 minutes, so that the potatoes are nicely coloured.
EASY, CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2013-09-25 · Remove from heat. Stir in salt, pepper, and Gruyère. Pour sauce over potato mixture; sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Step 4. Turn on broiler (leave dish in oven). Broil gratin …
- Arrange potatoes in a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes; uncover carefully.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; swirl to coat. Add thyme and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; stir in 1/3 cup milk. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in remaining 2 2/3 cups milk. Bring mixture to a simmer; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, pepper, and Gruyère. Pour sauce over potato mixture; sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
ULTRA CREAMY & CHEESY POTATO GRATIN
2020-10-06 · Add the rest of the potatoes on top, keeping them as flat as possible. Top with the rest of the cheese sauce. Now cover the cheesy potato gratin with tin foil and place in the oven. Cook for 60 minutes, and remove from oven but keep oven on. If using parmesan, add it now. Return the potato gratin …
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat WITH the diced onions and minced garlic.Once the butter is melted and the onions have softened, whisk in the flour, salt and pepper, mustard powder, onion powder, and garlic powder until it forms a paste. (This takes about one minute)
- SLOWLY add the cream to the mixture a bit at a time. Keep whisking as you add the cream. It will thicken up as you go. Spend at least five minutes on this.
- Once all of the cream is added, turn the heat to low and add the freshly shredded cheese into the mixture. Let the heat of the roux begin to melt the cheese.*Once the cheese is melted and your sauce is done, remove from heat and set aside.
POTATO AND CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH GRUYERE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
2021-08-05 · Layer 1/3 of the thinly sliced potatoes in a 9×13 inch casserole dish or similar baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the heavy cream mixture, 1/3 of the salt and pepper and thyme, and 1/3 of each of cheddar and gruyere cheese over the potatoes. Repeat this process for the second and third layers but on the third layer do not add the shredded cheese.
CHEESE HERB POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | POTATO GRATIN STACKED ...
2020-11-02 · Peel potatoes, and, using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, cut into very thin slices. In a large bowl and using your hands, gently toss potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary, cheese (reserve a little bit for the top), and onion, until everything is evenly mixed. Be careful not to break the thin potato slices.
COPYCAT RUTH’S CHRIS POTATOES AU GRATIN | 12 TOMATOES
2021-08-10 · Preheat oven to 425°F and grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with butter. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper and cook 30 seconds more.
10 BEST POTATOES AU GRATIN MOZZARELLA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
Potatoes Au Gratin Mozzarella Cheese Recipes 199,396 Recipes. Last updated Aug 25, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 199,396 suggested recipes. Potatoes au Gratin El invitado de invierno. potatoes, butter, aged Manchego cheese, ground black pepper, whipping cream and 2 more. Guided . Individual Garlic Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin Yummly. fresh thyme, black …
See details »
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS CHEESE AND POTATO GRATIN - STEP TO ...
2019-01-04 · Cheese and Potato Gratin Recipe. It’s time to get to work and start making this incredible dish that combines the unmistakable taste of melted cheese with the softness and versatility of baked potatoes. Also, if you want to consume healthy and adequate carbohydrates, we highly recommend this dish. It’s very delicious, practical and great to combine with rice, plantains, salad, or just a ...
See details »
POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Steak House Au Gratin Potatoes. Rating: 4.45 stars. 137. These super creamy and rich restaurant style potatoes will be gobbled up fast. They are excellent as leftovers warmed up in the microwave with eggs and bacon the next day. They are not a light or low fat dish. Save this for a special occasion. By Ingalyn.
See details »